• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that's reported by the US media outlets could still be a title that's a much bigger deal in Japan, like Monster Hunter or something.

I hope you're right. There's certainly indication that it could still be current gen (the NSX and Corvette trailers featuring new courses and locations). But it would be such a boneheaded move on their part. GT's their biggest system seller and having it available near launch would be huge for them. It's not going to really affect the Vita in any hugely positive way. Especially if it's cross-buy. People will just play the PS3 version and be happy with it.

nib95

Banned
ibwjBWJvllKVi5.jpg

What you think?

Don't take offence, but I'm not feeling it. Not simplistic or slick enough, and the outer glow on the font is a bit obtrusive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope you're right. There's certainly indication that it could still be current gen (the NSX and Corvette trailers featuring new courses and locations). But it would be such a boneheaded move on their part. GT's their biggest system seller and having it available near launch would be huge for them. It's not going to really affect the Vita in any hugely positive way. Especially if it's cross-buy. People will just play the PS3 version and be happy with it.

I really don't think there's any reason to be worried. It's a Vita event, they're not going to announce a console GT there. I think we'll see GT6 for PS4 at E3. If there's a GT at this event it'll be a Vita exclusive. I also don't see them doing the cross buy thing. GT is a system seller, best to keep it to separate entries on different hardware to boost sales.

Gorillaz

Off topic but

If Sony was smart they could basically reboot a few IP's for a new Generation. Playstation all stars didn't do good on the charts but some of those characters:

Parappa
Spike
Sir Daniel

They can just reboot for ps4 titles to appeal to younger ages (and even older ones). Idk just something I have been wondering for awhile.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Off topic but

If Sony was smart they could basically reboot a few IP's for a new Generation. Playstation all stars didn't do good on the charts but some of those characters:

Parappa
Spike
Sir Daniel

They can just reboot for ps4 titles to appeal to younger ages (and even older ones). Idk just something I have been wondering for awhile.

I'd love to see them allow some indie devs to make PSN titles with some of the old IPs we haven't seen in a while.

I really don't think there's any reason to be worried. It's a Vita event, they're not going to announce a console GT there. I think we'll see GT6 for PS4 at E3. If there's a GT at this event it'll be a Vita exclusive. I also don't see them doing the cross buy thing. GT is a system seller, best to keep it to separate entries on different hardware to boost sales.

Like I said, I hope that you're right. When this conference was first announced I was sure that it was going to be a PS4 title. TGS and CES had already gone by, so all the PS Meeting and E3 were the two big events in front of us. Then they announced this thing out of nowhere.

A new Parappa game would be great on PSN.

Vita's success will largely depend on whether or not they can get games like GTA, Metal Gear, and Resident Evil on it. Their first party output on Vita has actually been pretty damn good.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Of course now i'm nervous that they're going to do something incredibly foolish and announce cross-buy GT6 for the PS3 and Vita. Which would mean that we wouldn't get GT7 on the PS4 until 2016 or so. If they do that then I take back everything i've said about them learning their lesson, because clearly they haven't if they've actually done that.

if Vita gets a GT it will be just a GT5 or GT4 downport it wont effect PD,Sony gives their US studio full freedom about the Vita(to not work on it ) they'll not force their biggest money maker to pull something like that.

Polyphony Digital,Sucker Punch,Guerrilla Cambridge,Evolution Studios the four didn't worked on anything on PS3 since long ago now, I have a feeling that Sony were saving all of them for PS4.

JABEE

Is there going to be a Spoiler-Free stream archive thread posted before the conference to subscribe to? I have class from 6:00PM to 8:40PM on Wednesday. It sucks that this conference couldn't be on Tuesday when I don't have night classes.

Spiegel

Like I said, I hope that you're right. When this conference was first announced I was sure that it was going to be a PS4 title. TGS and CES had already gone by, so all the PS Meeting and E3 were the two big events in front of us. Then they announced this thing out of nowhere.

Vita isn't going to get a full numbered cross buy GT title. I doubt it would even fit on a Vita card.

But GT Vita this september/fall should be a no brainer.

Then for PS4

New IP from Evo this fall
GT6 Prologue early 2014
GT6 End of 2014/early 2015

Gorillaz

Is there going to be a Spoiler-Free stream archive thread posted before the conference to subscribe to? I have class from 6:00PM to 8:40PM on Wednesday. It sucks that this conference couldn't be on Tuesday when I don't have night classes.

Honestly don't even come to Gaming Side...hell even Gaf until you watch it. Tho the Playstation youtube page or IGN will probably have a playback of it.

There's been a lot of weird happenings surrounding Polyphony. They recently moved and they apparently expanded their staff. They could jointly produce a GT game with another dev and that's what I'm thinking they'll do.

I still think that GT6 Prologue will be a launch title for the PS4 and it's going to be an enormous boon if that happens.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The snarky banners indicate they are going back to their roots as positioning PS4 a gamer's console. Very smart strategic choice given the early adopter dynamic and competitive direction towards casuals. I believe there is a significant market of people wanting a gaming first console, instead of a yoga media box - all the Halo / CoD / FIFA / AC / GTA people will jump on it.

I have a good feel of this unveiling, they have a new sense of confidence.

JABEE

Honestly don't even come to Gaming Side...hell even Gaf until you watch it. Tho the Playstation youtube page or IGN will probably have a playback of it.

I wish there was a way to get right to an archived link without having to go to a page like IGN that will be covered in PS4 information and announced titles. If I could just go straight to my subscriptions to a thread with a direct link to the conference it would be great. I wish it was on TV so that I could DVR the event.

Mario007

I'm sure he will this year. I've always seen him as a more behind-the-scenes guy.

Yeah I hope so. I like him from the interviews I've read with him. He's got a tough job ahead of himself, turning around Vita and launching the ps4. Having said that he has been rising through the ranks as fast as Kaz himself lately so there's definitely a lot of talent in him.

his project (Wonderbook) just bombed, it was amazing they didn't just fired him and put an Aibo in his place.

Wonderbook was a success in Europe?

Also it's hard to even attribute it to House since he was in the job for less than a year when it was launching.

if we are to apply the same logic to everything then Kaz will be the worst CEO ever because Vita is underperforming.

The snarky banners indicate they are going back to their roots as positioning PS4 a gamer's console. Very smart strategic choice given the early adopter dynamic and competitive direction towards casuals. I believe there is a significant market of people wanting a gaming first console, instead of a yoga media box - all the Halo / CoD / FIFA / AC / GTA people will jump on it.

I have a good feel of this unveiling, they have a new sense of confidence.

If Microsoft's strategy is to invest in things like apps and Kinect that is perfectly fine, but they better be advised that core gamers will abandon them in droves if that's their main selling point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom