• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Strong potential.

m8390y.gif

One last GIF before the big day. Also, I originally made the GIF at 15fps, but had to cap it at 10fps due to a 15mb file limit on minus.com. If anyone knows of a better hosting site for a 22mb file, let me know.

while it is amazing, you should consider making gifs smaller anyways :D takes ages to load these 20-40MB gifs. Make a youtube video at that point with sounds and music for maximum effect :D

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
random question, has any console maker had a really successful 3rd console?
I know Sony did ok but theres no denying they got kicked in the balls.
Saturn flopped
N64.....didn't do that great
and Playstation 3 lost Sony their dominant market share
obviously I'm referring to MS's 3rd console.

Hanmik

Yes someone found out he was due in Milan about 9hrs after the New York thing, which made it look a bit unlikely.

the Edge article says..

The first event will be held on 18 February in a GameStop store on Universal Studios Blvd in Los Angeles, with an autograph session, T-shirt giveaway and live music courtesy of the game’s composer Jamie Christopherson. Similar events are confirmed for 20 February in Mexico City and 22 February at London’s Westfield White City and in Buenos Aires.

To celebrate the release of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa will be visiting Paris, France on the 19th of February.

Shortly after the event Shinkawa and Kojima will be at the midnight launch at GAME, so they will be in Europe for at least a few days.

So he'll be in Europe on Tuesday and Thursday. Doesn't look likely that he will be in NY on Wednesday.

image Kaz spending the first part talking about PS3/Vita stuff/games...

then the lights dim..
and Kaz clears his throat and says..

"the moment we've all been waiting for"

imagine the meltdown on GAF. lol..

That won't be cool. Sony must only show the PS4 and the games at this meeting. Hoping it last longer than 2 hours. I want to be entertained!!

Laptop HDMI out --> Onkyo receiver HDMI in --> volume loud --> watching livestream on my big ass TV

This is what I will do on the 20th.

I'm hyped like a mthrfckr. ;-)

Guillaume de Fondaumiere, the co-CEO of Quantic Dream:

CTKipLd.png

https://twitter.com/GdeFondaumiere/status/303528637624381440

Ah Guillaume, I like that dude. He popped up a lot when I was riding the Heavy Rain hype train. So either Beyond is coming to the PS4, or QD could be showing off Singularity. Exciting times.

Alright... It's gonna be Go Fourth unless there are any objections

Oh, Yay, Another Playstation console was always my fav.

Iacobellis

random question, has any console maker had a really successful 3rd console?
I know Sony did ok but theres no denying they got kicked in the balls.
Saturn flopped
N64.....didn't do that great
and Playstation 3 lost Sony their dominant market share
obviously I'm referring to MS's 3rd console.

It's all about that Third Console Curse!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ah Guillaume, I like that dude. He popped up a lot when I was riding the Heavy Rain hype train. So either Beyond is coming to the PS4, or QD could be showing off Singularity. Exciting times.

I think pretty much everyone senior at any SCE studio will have been invited to this whether they are showing product or not.

Ditto for every third party publisher.

I honestly wouldn't expect them to show off anything. They're close to Sony now, so it's very possible that he's just there because it's the big unveiling.

cant wait for this.

I have a feeling we will get some Metal gear action and some last guarding on PS4.

anyone know when the event starts and were we can see the event on livestream?

btkadams

i have to ask. are people serious when they are saying they are taking multiple days off for this? i can understand taking the day off if you really want to watch live. i'm lucky enough to not be working when it's scheduled. however, some people are mentioning they are taking off several days....for what?? seems like such a waste of your vacation days.

Derrick01

Banned
If Sony fucks up, this would be the last mistake they ever make.

Absolutely. I hope they realize just how important this is because Sony history says they can and probably will blow this opportunity. Just show the hardware, give a few details with a promise of a lot more at E3 and then go on a games blitz.

That won't be cool. Sony must only show the PS4 and the games at this meeting. Hoping it last longer than 2 hours. I want to be entertained!!

Laptop HDMI out --> Onkyo receiver --> volume loud --> watching livestream on my big ass TV

This is what I will do on the 20th.

I'm hyped like a mthrfckr. ;-)

I think expecting anything over 45 minutes is pushing it. I think that is what the Vita PS meeting ran in time at least.

I'm expecting:

-Hardware reveal (look of the console)
-Estimated performance specs
-Dual Shock 4 reveal
-Dual Shock 4 conversation with a 1st party Sony dev that will build hype for a coming game (that will not be revealed)
-2 tech demos
-1 Game reveal trailer (that GAF will debate to the death on how good or bad the graphics are and whether or not it is in-game footage)

That's my prediction

The Chef

iIxzk8NrwpWc5.gif

One last GIF before the big day. Also, I originally made the GIF at 15fps, but had to cap it at 10fps due to a 15mb file limit on minus.com. If anyone knows of a better hosting site for a 22mb file, let me know.

Im laughing my ass off here. Such a great idea. I have to watch Airplane stat.
Problem I have with gifs is limiting it to the 500frame max that Photoshop allows. Really annoying. And as far as I know minus is the best option really.

Any word on possible vita memory card price drops? I like the system but I will not pay exorbitant prices for their memory. It's a shame considering there have been digital DL games I've wanted to buy but haven't due to my limited memory card space right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom