• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iIxzk8NrwpWc5.gif

One last GIF before the big day. Also, I originally made the GIF at 15fps, but had to cap it at 10fps due to a 15mb file limit on minus.com. If anyone knows of a better hosting site for a 22mb file, let me know.

amazing.

I hope it's all true.

It seems this is exactly what Sony is banking on, and correctly so. We might be witnessing the most spectacular reversals of two brands here.

As much as I hope for this, I think MS still has the casual and dudebro gamers in the bag. By that I mean the ones that casually invest in big multiplat games like Skyrim, COD, and GTA as well as the hardcore Halo and Gears players.

If MS moneyhats timed exclusive launchings for COD and GTA, then Sony is simply going to struggle, as their exclusives do not have the same pedigree, save for Gran Turismo.

CVG : Why Sony can't pull a Bungie with its PS4 showcase

First-party games will be unveiled - and played - using that intriguing new controller design first shown last week, and third-parties too are showing an interest in making their own blockbuster announcements

Not all of the firm's cards will be played in New York - we're already hearing whispers that key details such as pricing, release and even console design could be held back - but there's plenty to suggest it'll be a landmark event for gamers.

The bolded, if true, could greatly damage a lot of the hype this meeting could potentially create.
No console design just doesn't make any sense, which leads me to believe these 'whispers' are bullshit.
Sony really needs to get a projected launch date and price into people's minds now. It's something that could truly give them an advantage in having this meeting before Microsoft unveils 720/Durango.

The press (and consumers) need to walk away from this meeting know what's coming, when it's coming, and how much it's coming in at.
Saying "Yes! We have PS4 coming out in the next 15 months! Here are some tech demos!" would be a massive disappointment to me.

We wont hear anything about pricing and we will only get a rough release window. Its way to early for exact dates and prices just yet. E3 is probably when we get a date and maybe a price.

We will see the console and we will see games running in real time. I dont think they can announce something and not show it. I mean sony marketing isnt that dumb and they are pretty dumb.

The bolded, if true, could greatly damage a lot of the hype this meeting could potentially create.
No console design just doesn't make any sense, which leads me to believe these 'whispers' are bullshit.
Sony really needs to get a projected launch date and price into people's minds now. It's something that could truly give them an advantage in having this meeting before Microsoft unveils 720/Durango.

The press (and consumers) need to walk away from this meeting know what's coming, when it's coming, and how much it's coming in at.
Saying "Yes! We have PS4 coming out in the next 15 months! Here are some tech demos!" would be a massive disappointment to me.

Eh.... I'll agree that not showing a physical product or a physical console/controller would be weird. Kind of like how Nintendo bungled the Wii U reveal a couple years ago by not showing the physical console.

But I absolutely don't expect Sony to say much about a specific release date. Probably something vague like "Fall 2013" or a launch window but no specific date- save that for E3. Same with price- they can wait for the nitty gritty details like that for much closer to launch. They don't need to let MS one up them by revealing flexible things like the price too soon.

All Sony needs to do is show the new hardware, maybe chat up its specs and how awesome it is, maybe highlight some nice new features about the hardware and show off a handful of suitably "nextgen" looking games- some first party and a couple third party games. Then keep more details like an exact launch date or price or specific details on online services and such for E3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Safe bets are on these guys

Sucker Punch:last game(Infamous 2) was released in 2011
Guerrilla Games: last game (Killzone 3)released in 2011
Evolution Studios:last game (MotorStorm: Apocalypse..RC don't count) is also 2011
Polyphony Digital:last game (GT5) was in 2010.

All will have 2+ years to prepare for PS4, if Sony is playing their card right, getting games from these studio in PS4 first year will be great.

also seeing the lack of SCE Japan Studio on Vita, I think Toyama Team and their other small teams are switching to PS4 too.

Radec

Safe bets are on these guys

Sucker Punch:last game(Infamous 2) was released in 2011
Guerrilla Games: last game (Killzone 3)released in 2011
Evolution Studios:last game (MotorStorm: Apocalypse..RC don't count) is also 2011
Polyphony Digital:last game (GT5) was in 2010.

All will have 2+ years to prepare for PS4, if Sony is playing their card right, getting games from these studio in PS4 first year will be great.

also seeing the lack of SCE Japan Studio on Vita, I think Toyama Team and their other small teams are switching to PS4 too.

Polyphony need 3 years for the Prologue and 5 for the GT6 though.

I expect Guerilla and Sucker Punch for launch too.

tusken77

Incredible.

This is gold !

Agreed. That's talent.

Nicely done.

Hahah, great work

I said 'damn'!

10/10. Perfect.

Amazing...LOL

Sad it's your last one, though :(

This is not only incredibly creative and funny, but it is a really good photoshop job. Your work should be commended.

Haha, I'm glad someone made this as I'd forgotten to do it myself.

wow, flawless. This should be in the PS Meeting OT. Also, +1 vote for Go Fourth subtitle.

This is too good.

Thanks guys. :) And GeoramA, it's my last movie kazification in a PS4-less world. I'll most likely make more post-Meeting/E3/pre-launch. ;)

Niks

Im not expecting them to give the price at all. However not showing any design for the console would indeed be awkward.

Shahed

I just hope they go balls to the walls crazy with this event. They'll have so many eyes on them, and it's such an opportunity, that they have to deliver. Show some Megatons, while still saving some for E3.

The anticipation for this is palpable. My parents and my uncle who haven't played games since the Mega Drive are asking me about this. It's all over facebook, I've heard people talking about it on the commute to work on the Metro, and even non gaming/tech colleagues at work. Honest to god I've never seen so much exposure for a tech event like this before.

Sony. You've got such an opportunity here. Don't waste it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Price and release date is very rarely announced the day the console is revealed. Can't remember the last time someone did.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I actually don't think they're going to talk about tech specs all that much at this event. I expect hardware designs, controller, UI/share functions, and a few games.

Price and release date is very rarely announced the day the console is revealed. Can't remember the last time someone did.
Sega Saturn :lol

Owzers

If you don't show the console's design, you miss out on every website running a PS4 picture on their main page. Would be a terrible thing to skip out on.

Coolwhip

Banned
As much as I hope for this, I think MS still has the casual and dudebro gamers in the bag. By that I mean the ones that casually invest in big multiplat games like Skyrim, COD, and GTA as well as the hardcore Halo and Gears players.

If MS moneyhats timed exclusive launchings for COD and GTA, then Sony is simply going to struggle, as their exclusives do not have the same pedigree, save for Gran Turismo.

What exclusives do MS have that will make a big impact? I think Sony screwed up with PS3, but there is no reason why they can't come out on top the next round. Playstation is still a stronger brand worldwide than Xbox.

Shahed

Without trying to get too excited. What are the chances we'll have a Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and The Last Guardian out by the end of 2014?

Because the would all kinds of awesome that would be impossible to top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom