• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
HYPE! We're almost there. Am I just setting myself up for disappointment if I expect more than one Megaton?
I don't think so. This is how I see it. The PS4 announcement itself is a megaton. Seeing next gen games for the first time is a megaton. I fully expect at least one of the games to really get people pumped but who knows what that could be.

I don't think so. This is how I see it. The PS4 announcement itself is a megaton. Seeing next gen games for the first time is a megaton. I fully expect at least one of the games to really get people pumped but who knows what that could be.
You're right, but I really wonder what that "WOW!" game is going to be.

Without trying to get too excited. What are the chances we'll have a Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and The Last Guardian out by the end of 2014?

Because the would all kinds of awesome that would be impossible to top

I'd say chances are pretty high actually.

aganu

You're right, but I really wonder what that "WOW!" game is going to be.
brand.gif

I think these guys will absolutely shock everyone with their graphics expertise.

Guys I hate to be a buzzkill, I'm as hyped as anyone else...but I think we should keep our expectations for 'gorgeous generational leap graphics' in check. because if last gen was anything to go by, the real showcases don't come around until about at least a year after the console releases. so i don't really expect launch titles to be super amazing visually, but no doubt down the line we'll get great stuff.

AngryMoth

Argh I am so giddy with excitement now. I'm sure some stuff will be saved for E3 but I'm pretty confident we'll see most of the launch lineup on Wednesday. Announcing at E3 and releasing by the end of the year is basically unheard of for major titles.

Guys I hate to be a buzzkill, I'm as hyped as anyone else...but I think we should keep our expectations for 'gorgeous generational leap graphics' in check. because if last gen was anything to go by, the real showcases don't come around until about at least a year after the console releases. so i don't really expect launch titles to be super amazing visually, but no doubt down the line we'll get great stuff.

Stop being so reasonable, you're ruining the fun!

it's too late for that, the hype train is at maximum speed right now, it's either glorious redemption/megaton or catastrophic train wreck with meltdowns.

Let the gods have mercy of our souls

spats

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but at this stage GAF hype has already reached critical mass. It's basically an unstoppable object moving at an infinite speed. Trying to stop it or slow it down is futile.

Liamario

Banned
Picture this;

They show the controversial kill zone 2 target render and let it play out.

Long pause.

All footage was rendered with in game engine.

Trailer for a demo that was released one month after the PS3 was available in Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENKBK5y517s

spats

Picture this;

They show the controversial kill zone 2 target render and let it play out.

Long pause.

All footage was rendered with in game engine.

Eh, I'd be kinda bummed out. I think the final build of Killzone 2 surpasses the target render in a lot of ways.

When will the links to the live streams be posted? Will it be on ustream ? I'll be at work on a gov network and all gaming sites,playstation.com and youtube are blocked.

Shahed

I'd say chances are pretty high actually.

Yeah it dawned on me as I was posting It sounds like dreamland, but it's also quite plausible. If all of them are available, I don't think it'd be possible to get a better first year for a platform launch. And that's not even counting anything else they might have!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
What better way to show off visuals of a system than to show a game where the goal is to look hyper realistic?
Meh, GT already hits hyper realistic for me. Most driving/racing games do. They're confined to track, too easy to control the user's perspective.

Now, something approaching the original Motorstorm "target render" in actual off-road, no tracks, open world kind of deal...oh yeah.

Nestunt

I loved the idea of Stephen Totilo in the latest bonus round about letting PS3 owners download a gaikai app and play PS4 demos after the press conference

I do not own one

but thats ballsy

Tagg9

I loved the idea of Stephen Totilo in the latest bonus round about letting PS3 owners download a gaikai app and play PS4 demos after the press conference

I do not own one

but thats ballsy

I doubt they've spent time making a Gaikai app for PS3. All the work will have gone into a PS4 implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom