• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkel

Banned
On the other Champions League Match its also there (FC Porto vs Málaga).

Tomorrow on Barcelona-Milan... Now that's worldwide mass market! And with a timer!!!!! "Be the first to know in 2h21m"

They should put a counter on those adds that would make people more interested.

Midas

In Europe ? You mean whole world. CL is most viewed league on planet. This two teams have around 40-50mln fans around globe and there are a lot more people who simply want to watch CL game not being even fan of those teams.

2011 CL final was watched by ~300mln people and god knows how many illegal broadcasts around globe.

Sony is doing adds like those yearly for every CL.

I actually had no idea that it was viewed all around the world (well maybe the middle east and such since I regularly see clips on YouTube with commentators which speak in arabic(?)), always saw it as a European thing. That's how much I know about football and CL, just watch it occasionally. Like today.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
n2CvxYr.png
Yeah I have to agree, this is basically shouting "hey everyone"
Its not exactly low profile.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they would send short 10 sec teaser commercials during the breaks of tomorrow's CL matches? Just a few hours before the event takes off...

SenkiDala

20.02 is weird for Europe though since the reveal is around midnight. Maybe we see something earlier?

Midnight is not that late. And there is no way to make a "worlwide" event. If it was in Japan, it's too late for USA, if they do it in USA it's late for Europe (midnight) and too early for Japan (8am), so...

Jburton

Banned
I actually had no idea that it was viewed all around the world (well maybe the middle east and such since I regularly see clips on YouTube with commentators which speak in arabic(?)), always saw it as a European thing. That's how much I know about football and CL, just watch it occasionally. Like today.

Football is the worlds sport and Europe is the centre of the footballing world.

All eyes on the Champions League.

All eyes on Sony.

LuuKyK

Wow, I just tuned in to watch the game and those ads were all around the field, not only that section. Damn. Of course they alternate, but still.

Into

Maybe Kaz Hirai will interrupt in the middle of this football game and say that the entire match so far is a PS4 render. FIFA 14 exclusive

Believe

Well dont :p

Sykra

They're wondering what it's all about? "What's with the be the first to know" kind of posts? :)

Yeah, mostly it was about the pummeling Arsenal is getting but they were wondering what was the ad about. Seemed excited after I said it was about ps4, prospect of a better looking fifa is always good for everyone here :).

I hadn't thought about it but scheduling a massive event like this in NYC in February was risky. A last minute blizzard could have really thrown a wrench in their massive marketing plans.

Midas

Yeah, mostly it was about the pummeling Arsenal is getting but they were wondering what was the ad about. Seemed excited after I said it was about ps4, prospect of a better looking fifa is always good for everyone here :).

Hehe. Just imagine if PS4 will be released this year in Europe with a FIFA game. Lots of people I know would buy it (or the new Xbox since it seems more likely that that will be out this year).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony trying to turn around Vita's fortunes.
I wouldn't be surprised if that Vita heaven thing was just Japan ( hence no pre announcement for it)
And Vita will be included at this event

Zeal

Banned
I've been told the gaming press doesn't even have the official PS4 Sony docs yet. They are that paranoid about something leaking.

Friend of mine over at one of the major game sites says they are getting the goods the same day as Sony shows the PS4, digitally.

Sony is NOT...fucking around with this.

Green Yoshi

Bayern Munich 2:0!!!

Oops, you meant the tied advertising. ;-)

Will we see games tommorrow, too? Or only the hardware and some tech demos (Gran Turismo 5 in 4K ?).

Perkel

Banned

Yes and no.

Yes because it concerns Europeans
No because it is highest level of football skill. Something that transcendence languagebarriers/race/religion/worldview of people. Same reason why in Europe everybody knows who is Michael Jordan in place where almost nobody plays basketball.
Also most of those football team are multinational often consisting of a lot of people from different countries from places like nigeria, argentina, brazil even japan.

Midas

I've been told the gaming press doesn't even have the official PS4 Sony docs yet. They are that paranoid about something leaking.

Friend of mine over at one of the major game sites says they are getting the goods the same day as Sony shows the PS4, digitally.

Sony is NOT...fucking around with this.

That's good to hear. I don't want game or hw pic leaks before the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom