• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

I've been told the gaming press doesn't even have the official PS4 Sony docs yet. They are that paranoid about something leaking.

Friend of mine over at one of the major game sites says they are getting the goods the same day as Sony shows the PS4, digitally.

Sony is NOT...fucking around with this.

That is good, i remember how with the Vita everything got leaked, i believe even the price?!?

The only thing we know is the devkit gamepad which we do not even know is the final one. We do not know what it will be called, how it will look or anything. So they have done a much better job now

Sykra

Hehe. Just imagine if PS4 will be released this year in Europe with a FIFA game. Lots of people I know would buy it (or the new Xbox since it seems more likely that that will be out this year).

Yeah, likewise. Sony would be foolish to release in spring, this winter with fifa + the usual playstation centric fifa ads would be good for them here.

I've been told the gaming press doesn't even have the official PS4 Sony docs yet. They are that paranoid about something leaking.

Friend of mine over at one of the major game sites says they are getting the goods the same day as Sony shows the PS4, digitally.

Why would they give any info to the press prior to the reveal anyway?

Soriku

I wouldn't be surprised if that Vita heaven thing was just Japan ( hence no pre announcement for it)
And Vita will be included at this event

If the Vita is there they'll probably announce a price cut briefly or something. I wouldn't expect much of anything. They're giving all their focus to PS4.

injurai

Banned

this is a very good thing. I'm happy that they are working so hard to keep things tight lipped. It's always much better to have that final grande catharsis of an unveil after such a long wait.

Midas

Yes and no.

Yes because it concerns Europeans
No because it is highest level of football skill. Something that transcendence languagebarriers/race/religion/worldview of people. Same reason why in Europe everybody knows who is Michael Jordan in place where almost nobody plays basketball.
Also most of those football team are multinational often consisting of a lot of people from different countries from places like nigeria, argentina, brazil even japan.

You make good points. When you talk about it, I just remembered that the best players in the world play in the European leagues.

Iacobellis

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Yawnier

Banned

Of course they are not fucking around with this, announcements like a new home console from Sony only come every so often (5 - 8 years), plus why should they risk for potentially huge leaks to come out from this from a gaming website by accident (or on purpose)?

Hopefully we'll get some sort of leaks before it happens.

Zeal

Banned
Why would they give any info to the press prior to the reveal anyway?

Sony, MS, etc, sometimes give press their kits a few days or so before any kind of reveal so they can prepare graphics for their sites, write up articles, etc. You know, it has been standard practice for a long time.

It's different with this.

The_Monk

To be honest I'm also now inclined to no more leaks. I hope everything goes as planned. Sony is learning and improving. They have done a good job in Europe and I can't wait to be a PS4 owner.

Those "History of Playstation 1, 2, 3" sure gave me a good nostalgia. It's good to be there after many years.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

I'll keep my eye on http://presscenter.playstation.com/ during the event then. Hopefully SCEA will distribute material better tomorrow than they did at the time of PlayStation Meeting 2011.

I'm actually impressed how tightly sealed this Event has been...

I mean no one knows anything, the entire gaming news world has no clue even if they will show the PS4, even though it's 99% possibility.

Hope I don't jinx it in this last 24 hours or so.

my prediction:

Sony still doesn't quite get it. they will show boring ass graphs and shit for 20mins, some upcoming PS3 games and a single Vita game for another 30mins and then at the end they finally unveil the PS4 which is just called PlayStation, but it will just sit there and they won't even demonstrate the controller or anything. then we get a short 2-3min montage of upcoming PS4 games most of which look like CG target renders.

oh and used games are blocked and every game has always online DRM. also no BC whatsoever.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm actually impressed how tightly sealed this Event has been...

I mean no one knows anything, the entire gaming news world has no clue even if they will show the PS4, even though it's 99% possibility.

Hope I don't jinx it in this last 24 hours or so.

The media knows. Should be obvious to everyone else by now as well. It's the PS4.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a neoGAF record?
No, but it's still an achievement:

recordvoe1y.png
That's for Gaming. Killzone 2's OT, as mentioned, has 4,568,820 views.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Watching that game now, that match will be viewed by several millions of people considering Bayern is the most popular team in Germany with anywhere between 15-20 million fans and worldwide around 40 million, Arsenal has around 27 million fans last figure ive seen

So it is a pretty big game for those of who you do not follow football (soccer).

They are pushing the event, doubt its to talk about sales charts and a new Vita color =P
That is the perfect place to advertise the Champion's League is very popular around the world, I live in a Latin American country and here almost everyone watches this matches.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'll be shocked to no end if MS even remotely manages to keep a lid this tight.

Leaky ship

They actually did keep things sealed last E3...until they accidentally revealed Halo 4 and more on their own website hours before the conference. Bwahaha

Trevelyon

Obviously I don't speak for everyone lol.

But really for me, seeing the system now for example instead of tomorrow at the conference makes no difference to me.

Give me the pomp and circumstance any day over twitter info dumb lulz or tumblr fudge shot of hardware... that might not be final hardware.

Right lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom