• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So, how many people in Europe will see this today?

n2CvxYr.png
Whoa.

nib95

Banned
Stop fishing :p

Haha :p

Tbh, we're so close now I don't even want leaks. I just want to watch the show and hopefully be entertained. Like I said before, my family is coming round mine just to watch this thing together, so I hope it's half decent. I'm not expecting much though, and I do think the PS3 and Vita will still make up a large chunk of it.

My prediction is the PS4 side will be more akin to teasers than actual main courses.

Into

n2CvxYr.png

Watching that game now, that match will be viewed by several millions of people considering Bayern is the most popular team in Germany with anywhere between 15-20 million fans and worldwide around 40 million, Arsenal has around 27 million fans last figure ive seen

So it is a pretty big game for those of who you do not follow football (soccer).

They are pushing the event, doubt its to talk about sales charts and a new Vita color =P

I don't think they're inviting so many people to attend and hyping this up so much on social media outlets just to tease for E3. For Sony, this is bigger than E3. We will see more games and release details at E3 but this is the BIG reveal. Sony hasn't hyped up a PlayStation Meeting like this before.

I agree (and hope you are correct).
At E3 they have to share the spotlight with others.
This event they have all eyes on them. The world is watching!

Drop the bombs, Kaz. Drop them and don't look back!

Some people like to be surprised.

He obviously care? It's nice to be surprised if you're going to see the whole event.

Fair enough

Kagari, I get the feeling you know a little bit about what's going to be shown at this event...At least from the Japanese side. Hmm...

I don't know much about Kagari other than that she has a Final Fantasy website, but I bet it wouldn't too hard finding out some trade secrets for some mods and Evilore. Surely, having spent so many years working on a message board as large as neogaf has its perks.

nib95

Banned
Mr. Bean has confirmed via Twitter that he has arrived in New York.

He was at my dads restaurant just a couple of weeks back :) Funny thing is, he even stayed until after we were closed, and all our staff got changed in to their casuals and apparently sat and chilled with them after hours.

GT Academy 2013 through Playstation Cloud through your PS3.

A small taste of the PS4 on your PS3. Stephen Totilo redeemed!

I know, i know, would be awesome, but impossible... still thinking about it because they have an academy to announce this year and so far nothing.

Would be doable, just one car + one track, i guess the streaming would work just fine.

LastNac

He was at my dads restaurant just a couple of weeks back :) Funny thing is, he even stayed until after we were closed, and all our staff got changed in to their casuals and apparently sat and chilled with them after hours.

Seems like he is one cool bean.

beast786

I remember in early ps3 times, one of the big discussion was how the bluray advantage for ps3. And one of the counter was that optical media is becoming thing of past and games will be streamed.

Ironically it seems Sony would be first to steam also.

I remember in early ps3 times, one of the big discussion was how the bluray advantage for ps3. And one of the counter was that optical media is becoming thing of past and games will be streamed.

i don't want stream. i rather get digital download.

R-User!

I have faith that neoGAF will amuse me after this for months to come.

please Sony give me another:

599! moment. haha

so excited and frankly scared at what may or may NOT happen tomorrow evening

Would it be in poor taste or ban worthy to post a 5 minute mash-up YouTube video of the PS3 E3 2006 conference cringeworthy moments??

I just wanted to hear Kaz say "599.00 US Dollars" and I ran into a cleverly edited video from 2006, and thought that it was funny.....

It's not a new PlayStation without a new way to deliver games.

nib95

Banned
i don't want stream. i rather get digital download.

Digital download still requires you to have the hardware specific to the software. Ie, a PS3 to play PS3 digitally downloaded games. Streaming however works for cross platform and is a more future proof means of backwards compatibility. I.e, stream your PS3 games on your Vita or PS4. The potential is huge, whether they maximise it is a completely different story altogether.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Dammit, for whatever reason I was under the impression that this started at 5 PM EST, not 6 PM EST. Looks like I will now be taking advantage of the Spoiler-free thread after class.

Perkel

Banned

n2CvxYr.png

In Europe ? You mean whole world. CL is most viewed league on planet. This two teams have around 40-50mln fans around globe and there are a lot more people who simply want to watch CL game not being even fan of those teams.

2011 CL final was watched by ~300mln people and god knows how many illegal broadcasts around globe.

Sony is doing adds like those yearly for every CL.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn dat advertising, this is some PS2 level stuff man
I hope they've got the goods

Into

Imagine if the Vita could stream the entire PlayStation 1, 2 and 3 libraries

On such a smaller screen the slightly worse image would not even matter, id get a Vita immediately

reakt

That can't have been fun, he doesn't say very much (not in his movies anyway ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom