• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
iPRnBtx7yduNj.gif
Very nice.

24 hours left. I just hope they deliver big time.
The only condition I have is : put some vertical shoot them up on the store, too few of them. ps1 was much better in this regard.

I honestly do not remember the PS3 launch announcement as sad as that sounds...but i do remember, with remarkable clarity, the PS2 announcement and the excitement that came with that. And I'll just say right now that this feels like a PS2 level of hype for me.

Agreed.

PS3 announcement (E3 2005) was exciting because I recall being taken by surprise by it, especially when they showed the actual system. Then we get tech/concept demos... and the rest was very vague for a whole year. The big PS3 blow-out (E3 2006) was a fucking disaster.

With PS3 it was like "uhhh... yeah... we need to show it, I guess."
Sony leading up to tomorrow just feels different. There is some swagger involved.
Hopefully they learned from E3 2005/2006 and deliver something that blows people away and makes them want PS4 now.
Tomorrow should be the bombs dropping, the next three/four months will be people still talking about it, followed by some more concrete launch details and playable games at E3; all leading up to hopefully a holiday 2013 launch.

DBT85

"Be the first to know 20/02 - playstation.com" Champions league advertisement tonight, they better not disappoint.

So, how many people in Europe will see this today?

n2CvxYr.png

Excellent.

Ok so now I know where all that money went from their NYC headquarter building.

The always sponsor the Champions League, been doing it for years. NO extra expense would have been spent for this sponsorship unless they put something in the breaks in some countries.

ilkhani

Neo Member

You can tell most of them are not gamers, take a look at this comment from one of them;
It doesn't have to be amazing or the end all be all of consoles, just better than the last one. The PS3, to me, was a massive failure as a gaming console.

I mean, it didn't do as well as Sony had hoped in retrospect to PS2, but to call it a massive failure as a gaming console...yieesh, you have to be very distorted to get away with that.

Aspiring

This is perfect! So 10am Sydney time and I will getting home from work at 9:45! Time to make some food and sit down and relax!

I would love to watch this on my big screen, does anybody Know if the IGN app on the 360 will be streaming this???

Takuya

Banned
This is perfect! So 10am Sydney time and I will getting home from work at 9:45! Time to make some food and sit down and relax!

I would love to watch this on my big screen, does anybody Know if the IGN app on the 360 will be streaming this???
Greg Miller said it would on the most recent Q&A on Google Plus.

sense

i see everyone saying they wouldn't show price or release date but wouldn't it be awesome they show hardware, reveal games and finish it with 399.99 and launching in september. look out for more games at e3! no dilly dallying and beating around the bush like the wii u and kinda late for microsoft to do any major changes to their hardware anyways.

i just watched a video of greg miller on youtube (link was posted in previous pages) and about tomorrow he said they will be streaming on Xbox Live. They will start one hour early (not the conference, just the presenters obviously)

You can tell most of them are not gamers, take a look at this comment from one of them;

I mean, it didn't do as well as Sony had hoped in retrospect to PS2, but to call it a massive failure as a gaming console...yieesh, you have to be very distorted to get away with that.

A gaming console is made to make money. In that regard, he's right. Sony literally lost more money on the PS3 than they made combined on PS1 and PS2. If he's talking about it from purely a gaming perspective, he's right and wrong. Wrong if he thinks its bad in terms of games available, right if he's talking about marketshare and mindshare lost. Problem is he didn't specify what he thinks what he thinks.

Greg Miller said it would on the most recent Q&A on Google Plus.

This is good news. Would rather watch it on TV than on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom