• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie5

What's the point of posting early. We have this thread already. Wait until it's one hour or less.
Edit: thread is moving too fast. Was posting regarding the thread for Playstation meeting :)

Stuart444

This is what the official Sony Playstation FB page just posted

"Make sure you get some rest tonight because tomorrow will be a late one.
We'll be live from New York City from 11pm GMT at eu.playstation.com/meeting2013 and we have some big news to share with you...
Are you excited? :)"

Oh god, I looked and this was one of the first comments I read there:

*To all people who are stupid enough to think it's a PS4 being released*... The PS4 is NOT being released this year, it is being released in 2014. And the PS4 is not entirely something for you to be almost orgasmic about you strange people, I admit I'm a fan of Sony products but not enough to be so extreme with such a comment... The PS4 shall entail a 'no disc' feature - all games purchased shall be downloaded from the PSN store meaning you shall be ripped off and what's more (and quite obviously) you shall not be able to "re-sell" these games as that would require copying the game onto another console which would not only be classed as breaking a copyright law but also piracy unfortunately. So go ahead all you eager people, get excited about the PS4 to the point of desperation just to find out that no, it shall not be released until 2014 and not only that but it shall be a disappointment to pre-owned game, money saving gamers and you shall get ripped off for the cost of the games on PSN as we all know very well are ridiculously greedy prices which has become a concern amongst Sony from the decrease of downloads on the PSN store due to the high prices and is the main reason why the PS4 is being held back until Sony have caught up on their profits in case the PS4 launch/ release doesn't go to plan or sell the desired amount of units. Good luck Sony.

Dawg

iPRnBtx7yduNj.gif

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Oh god, I looked and this was one of the first comments I read there:

Preemptive Butthurt, possibly the most hilarious kind ^^

My predictions:

- no price
- no date
- no interface
- no service details
- no official specs list

+ hardware
+ controller
+ many partner logos on screen
+ demo real
+ CGI trailers
+ Devs talking about how amazing the hardware is
+ history of playstation
+ Publishers promising stuff on stage with their logo and nothing to show for it
+ mention of cloud and gaikai but nothing more.
+ time frame of launch (like 2013)
+ much more to show you at E3 2013 hope to see you all there

R-User!

my prediction:

Sony still doesn't quite get it. they will show boring ass graphs and shit for 20mins, some upcoming PS3 games and a single Vita game for another 30mins and then at the end they finally unveil the PS4 which is just called PlayStation, but it will just sit there and they won't even demonstrate the controller or anything. then we get a short 2-3min montage of upcoming PS4 games most of which look like CG target renders.

oh and used games are blocked and every game has always online DRM. also no BC whatsoever.

That seems like a lot of doom and gloom. Do you really feel strongly that this will happen?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I saw on Famitsu's webpage that the event will be live on niconico.

ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメントアメリカが米・ニューヨークで
2月21日(木)8時(現地時間20日18時)に開催する発表会「PlayStation Meeting 2013」を
日本語通訳付きで生中継いたします。

■プレイステーション2013 プレイステーション オフィシャルサイト
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv125562838

There'll be a Japanese interpreter present.

Oppo

How much Ambien would I need to take right now in order to make 24h disappear?

I'm joking of course.

am I

nib95

Banned
Personally I don't think "be the first to know" is a powerful enough slogan. Doubt people will clock what it all means. Something like "see the future of Playstation" or something similar would've worked better.

The Chef

I honestly do not remember the PS3 launch announcement as sad as that sounds...but i do remember, with remarkable clarity, the PS2 announcement and the excitement that came with that. And I'll just say right now that this feels like a PS2 level of hype for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom