• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Phototropic

Neo Member
After lots of mindless grind i got all the lower body items and the akiba's trip platinum! :D

This is my eighth platinum, i was expecting to pass to level 16 of the psn profile instead i'm still at 98% of level 15, not that i care about these things but if i'm going to get a platinum i give a look at my level.

Now it's time for some backlog(until the next purchase lol).

I read that Lost Dimension's story requires more than one playthrough, if true how long and hard is the story mode?
I've only played the first 2 of 5 or 6 floors (can't remember), but it doesn't take that long. I can't imagine a playthrough taking more than 10-15 hours.

TOTP: Pickup Until Dawn this week.

The problem is the game is so old with the maps and shit lots of folks are going to get turned off unless they go and remake new maps. Which am not sure if thats going to happen.

Honestly it would be a waste of resources to bring out Resurrection when GE2RB exists. Even more so as most people who would be buying the game are those who already played the first title.

The first game did not age exactly well map wise. Even GE2RB lots of shitty maps exists due to GE2 still having been designed for the PSP hardware specs. Thankfully RB adds a new location that has the cap made for vita specs, but thats not accessible till later in the game so you still are stuck with the other shitty maps.

No idea what Bandai Namco thinks they are doing as its not like the fans over here want to play the first game over again.
The decision did seem a bit weird to me, specially for you folks. I get that it might have been done because of the anime, but at the same time, why waste time remodelling something old when you could be working on God Eater 3?

Massa

I used to think the same about Borderlands, but after USF4 launch and RER2 I think it's just them doing less than the bare minimum. Usf4 was patched because it was on a system they actually cared about.

Borderlands had even more patches and post launch support than SF4. And two out of those 3 are Vita games, so I think your argument is kind of unfair.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The decision did seem a bit weird to me, specially for you folks. I get that it might have been done because of the anime, but at the same time, why waste time remodelling something old when you could be working on God Eater 3?

Exactly, seems like a huge waste of time since its not as if they are gonna grab new players that way really. Esp if the game itself the base is not redone in the sense of updating content in the game to be actually appealing. As the original content did not age well with the map design... That has always been the weakest thing with the series in general. The gameplay seems to have evolved, but most def they need to get more talented mappers on the project who understand actual map flow. As far too many of the maps were designed poorly so its more of an irritation to navigate.

So far screenshots have shown that they are indeed using the same shitty maps which has myself and many others concerned in regards to is this just going to be a spit shine / quick money grab.

Zhao_Yun

If it bombs then there's no reason to localize the second one anyways, as people obviously don't care.

I'm going to have to go with N2H4U on this one, it'll be Resurrection first, then GE2:RB.

I doubt that a remaster of the first game would be a good indicator for how many people are interested in GE2:RB. It would be a different story if the first game was never released in the West but I could see many fans of the first GE not caring about the remaster although they would all be interested in the sequel.

"Oh people didn't care about a remastered version of a PSP game they may have already bought and played. Clearly there is no interest in the sequel". This line of thinking would be stupid imo.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I doubt that a remaster of the first game would be a good indicator for how many people are interested in GE2:RB. It would be a different story if the first game was never released in the West but I could see many fans of the first GE not caring about the remaster although they would all be interested in the sequel.

"Oh people didn't care about a remastered version of a PSP game they may have already bought and played. Clearly there is no interest in the sequel". This line of thinking would be stupid imo.

What is more stupid is that the whole point of the anime was so that people did not have to play the first game to generally understand whats going on / who the characters are. So from there could jump right into GE2RB.

Seriously at this point have no idea what the fuck the team at BanNam think they are doing.

What is more stupid is that the whole point of the anime was so that people did not have to play the first game to generally understand whats going on / who the characters are. So from there could jump right into GE2RB.

Seriously at this point have no idea what the fuck the team at BanNam think they are doing.
And to be fair the anime is kinda straying from the game too. It is borrowing several elements from the game, but a lot of stuff being shown there was never shown in the games. Still, the characters are all there and they are all properly introduced. I didn't know about the maps being the same, I kind of assumed that those were gonna get remodelled. I love GE, but I do gotta admit, those maps were flat and boring. Specially now, when you have interesting design in hunting games, like MH4U. Love the verticallity and variety of locales and colours there. Idk about GE2RB, but GE1 is a product of its time, and if all they are doing is giving it a fresh coat of paint over an old body, that is pretty disappointing.

bobohoro

Bloodborne is seriously a great game. But to have all those funky clothing physics and awesome armour/weapon design, only for half of the combinations with bigger weapons to clip like hell is extremely maddening. There is too much style in the game for me to run around with a scabbard stuck in my cape, so I gave up on some weapons I really wanted to play with. Meh.

Can't wait to have a look in the OT and guide when I'm finished, there is so much interesting stuff I want to read up on already, and that will probably double by the time I'm finished. Helps that I stayed pretty much spoiler-free until now.

18-Volt

"Well, there are no petitions or twitter campaigns in sight. Let's just skip this one"

PS: There hasn't been any big twitter campaigns but GE2:RB was the third most wanted game in the #buildingthelist campaign after Digimon and Phantasy Star.

Kudo

Bloodborne is seriously a great game. But to have all those funky clothing physics and awesome armour/weapon design, only for half of the combinations with bigger weapons to clip like hell is extremely maddening. There is too much style in the game for me to run around with a scabbard stuck in my cape, so I gave up on some weapons I really wanted to play with. Meh.

Can't wait to have a look in the OT and guide when I'm finished, there is so much interesting stuff I want to read up on already, and that will probably double by the time I'm finished. Helps that I stayed pretty much spoiler-free until now.

My favorite game of all times. After not playing it for few months I came to this conclusion. Still lingering in my mind after finishing it 4 times and normally I just play games once and am done with them.
Only Persona 5 can contest it this year, what an great year.

I haven't had the problems other people have had with 3PP ports btw. Ultra Street Fighter IV was patched I believe, and it's now on par with all the other versions? Just the launch that was botched. Borderlands was probably the best they could've done in the situation - Resident Evil is the only one that seems a bit off, but there's still time to patch it (whether that'll happen though is anyone's guess, since there's been radio silence on it since release).

Personally here are my problems with 3PP ports.

Borderlands 2
- who greenlit this? Seriously, were people begging for a 2 year old game?
- graphically inferior and poor framerate. Anyone who played it on PC, PS3 or Xbox can see the difference
- while most likely not 3PP decision, but release the 2000 model revision, a chance to re-introduce the Vita, with this game. Why would you bundle this inferior game? Killzone Mercenary would have been a better choice. Graphically good and an exclusive to show the "power" of the Vita. Instead, bundle it with a 2 year old inferior port.

Ultra Street Fighter 4
- porting this made sense. You got SFV coming up. Get the fighting community to move over to PS4 by getting a game they are currently playing so people get used to a PS4.
- launched with bugs. What's worse is the majority of the bugs were fixed in two weeks. Why wasn't it just delayed?
- make claim this is the definite version with the lowest input lag. 3PP didn't even bother to test this claim. I believe only till the last update released a month after was when it was on par with the other systems in input lag.
- Evo removes the game from their lineup defeating the whole purpose of the port.

Resident Evil
- muddy graphics and poor framerate

The games are playable but show no quality control. It seems 3PP is good at making the deal happen but have no oversight or bother to look over the process to make sure things are going ok.

For Yakuza, I'm expecting the same. A poor but readable translation where only the die-hard Yakuza fans or people with knowledge of Japanese will see the difference. Basically, I'm expecting a translation like Muramasa Wii version where the basic meaning is there but the details are not.

Borderlands 2
Well, yes. First Randy Pitchford expressed interest in bringing it to Vita but said Gearbox didn't have the means to do it themselves, and then there was a big old social media campaign to bring it, so clearly there was some begging.
- graphically inferior and poor framerate. Anyone who played it on PC, PS3 or Xbox can see the difference
Absolutely, and more time should've been spent making the framerate better. But people were expecting too much from this port if you're holding it up to the quality of PC/PS3/360. It's a handheld console with lower specs, it was never going to be as impressive as the home console verisons
- while most likely not 3PP decision, but release the 2000 model revision, a chance to re-introduce the Vita, with this game. Why would you bundle this inferior game? Killzone Mercenary would have been a better choice. Graphically good and an exclusive to show the "power" of the Vita. Instead, bundle it with a 2 year old inferior port.
Their choice was a 2 year old full price inferior port or an 8 month old Killzone game which had already massively dropped in value at retail. I don't think either position was better than the other.

Ultra Street Fighter 4
- porting this made sense. You got SFV coming up. Get the fighting community to move over to PS4 by getting a game they are currently playing so people get used to a PS4.
- launched with bugs. What's worse is the majority of the bugs were fixed in two weeks. Why wasn't it just delayed?
- make claim this is the definite version with the lowest input lag. 3PP didn't even bother to test this claim. I believe only till the last update released a month after was when it was on par with the other systems in input lag.
- Evo removes the game from their lineup defeating the whole purpose of the port.
I think the big problem with this game was the two points you mentioned here and with it being delayed were the problems. They needed to get it out in time for being used for Evo (I think there was a cutoff date), so they rush released it before it was ready. Then it wasn't good enough, so they patched it, but by then the decision had already been made.

Well, I can provide answers for these two at least.

None of those weirder than the Vita Disney Infinity port. Nothing is better for a mobile game then carrying around a portal and some figurines.

Good PS+ month for me. I don't have any of those games. I might try La Mulana again but this time with the necessary walkthrough open at all time.

None of those weirder than the Vita Disney Infinity port. Nothing is better for a mobile game then carrying around a portal and some figurines.

Yeah, I still find that a bizarre decision. The only way I can rationalize it is that Sony Europe have gone after younger-skewed games before (i.e. Epic Mickey), presumably because the console is selling well to kids.

Does the 3DS version use the NFC figures?

Massa

Borderlands 2

Borderlands is a huge franchise that's nearly at 30 million sold. It's also a great idea for a handheld, being able to get loot and level up away from home is one of the best marriages between AAA and handheld you could have - it doesn't the problem of something like Call of Duty where it's useless without an online connection.

Killzone is a franchise that had always been neglected by SCEA in favor of others, Resistance most recently. A Borderlands bundle is a much, much more attractive proposition to have at retail, and it actually did far better than Sony expected - it was sold out multiple times.

autoduelist

Borderlands 2

I haven't played it on vita, but i have plat'd it on ps3. In theory, I want it on my vita. I don't care how 'old' a game is. Heck, I'd kill for some 80's/90's crpg ports on vita.

You're looking at bundle game quality a bit oddly in my opinion. It's not about how good the game in the bundle is, it's about how well known it is and if it'll move bundles off shelves. Borderlands is a huge franchise, and imo it's much smarter for them to have a BLs bundle than a KZ one.

All that said, i don't expect handheld ports to hold up to their console brethren, so even if it's got some issues that doesn't really bother me.

deanote666

Quick question on content manager on the pc.

My pc is dying and need to back up the vita files on my pc.

Will copying the files to an external hard drive strip them of their Sony rights or do I need to copy them up to the vita and then down onto an external hdd?

Will changing the folder associated with content manager strip the Sony rights off of the old folder?

I haven't played it on vita, but i have plat'd it on ps3. In theory, I want it on my vita. I don't care how 'old' a game is. Heck, I'd kill for some 80's/90's crpg ports on vita.

You're looking at bundle game quality a bit oddly in my opinion. It's not about how good the game in the bundle is, it's about how well known it is and if it'll move bundles off shelves. Borderlands is a huge franchise, and imo it's much smarter for them to have a BLs bundle than a KZ one.

All that said, i don't expect handheld ports to hold up to their console brethren, so even if it's got some issues that doesn't really bother me.

You're a man after my own heart in this thread lately, Autoduelist. I've agreed with you on the bolded before (and I still agree) - the underlined is new, and I agree with you on that too. Although personally, I'd prefer 90's/00's CRPG ports :p

Saphirax

Still wishing for BG 2 EE for Vita. Beamdog mentioned they were looking into it and I even read Sony approached them for a ps3 version but nothing came out of either :(.

What the fuck happened to Manga Kakeru?

I have no idea; been wondering that myself.

Quick question on content manager on the pc.

My pc is dying and need to back up the vita files on my pc.

Will copying the files to an external hard drive strip them of their Sony rights or do I need to copy them up to the vita and then down onto an external hdd?

Will changing the folder associated with content manager strip the Sony rights off of the old folder?

You can copy the backed up data between PCs, as it's locked to your Vita - not your computer. I've done it before (twice).

VLiberty

La Mulana, Time Force, Xeodrifter, Teslagrad...
giphy.gif

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
VVVVVV is up on European PSN... I mean EFIGS European PSN.

I can't believe this, Strangely Compelling does PR and some localization for Arc System Works, 5pb and Nicalis and they seem to all have this issue right now (PBBG Vita didn't have this issue and Isaac was a PS+ game). I don't know if it's a huge coincidence or if Strangely Compelling also does the translation work for the store and completely blows it every time.

autoduelist

You're a man after my own heart in this thread lately, Autoduelist. I've agreed with you on the bolded before (and I still agree) - the underlined is new, and I agree with you on that too. Although personally, I'd prefer 90's/00's CRPG ports :p

I'll take 'em all. I just figure the 80's rpgs are fairly small and have less to worry about in regards to 'moving parts'. I mean, doesn't Bard's Tale make bank on IOS?

8.5/10 best TPS on Vita.

It's a tps? Or a vn? so confused.

Tapejara

I've been getting back into DJMAX Technika Tune in preparation for Superbeat Xonic. After a few months away from the game I've become super sloppy, but I was still able to clear some of the club mixes.

https://twitter.com/KawasePlus/status/626672011608223744

Sayonara Umihara kawase on sale tomorrow, if the tweet is right. Don't miss it, it's an amazing game.

Awesome. I was just thinking of pulling the trigger on it recently.

Zephyx

How long is DR:AE if I want to complete everything? Someone's buying it for me as a present so I want to properly allot time for it when it arrives.

I've been getting back into DJMAX Technika Tune in preparation for Superbeat Xonic. After a few months away from the game I've become super sloppy, but I was still able to clear some of the club mixes.

When is this coming out again? Might pick this up if the price is right. I'm also second guessing myself if I'd get this over P4D since I can't manage two rhythm games at once.

How long is DR:AE if I want to complete everything? Someone's buying it for me as a present so I want to properly allot time for it when it arrives.
From what I have read from other people online way back when this came out in Japan, 15-20hrs average. If you want to do EVERYTHING, it may take a little longer I guess.

Shizuka

15 to 20 hours is just to finish the main story. Everything else, including the platinum trophy, will take longer than that.

Tapejara

When is this coming out again? Might pick this up if the price is right. I'm also second guessing myself if I'd get this over P4D since I can't manage two rhythm games at once.

October according to one of the recent GAF threads.

Zephyx

From what I have read from other people online way back when this came out in Japan, 15-20hrs.

15 to 20 hours is just to finish the main story. Everything else, including the platinum trophy, will take longer than that.

Thanks! 15-20 hours for the main story is probably 2-3 days on a good day for me. But I want to plat it so I guess it'd take 20 more hours?

October according to one of the recent GAF threads.

Well it's far off then. I don't think there's anything noteworthy for the Vita coming out in October though so I may get it.

Top Bottom