• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Saphirax

Apparently, Broken Sword for ps4 has a platinum trophy and it's not split between the 2 episodes like the Vita one is. Ishould'vewaited.

Sabas

Banned
Saw Capsule Force on Giant Bomb's UPF and it looked really frenetic and fun. Probably going to double/triple? dip on VVVVVV, and I still need to get back to my EU Vita copy of Steins;gate.

N° 2048

I bought Dungeon Travelers 2 last week, now it's time to buy Steins;Gate.... and never ever play them.

This fall is going to bury me.

Still trying to do the side ops on MGS: GZ
Slogging through DR2 (at this point I've turned into a full VN, not interested in the trials at all)
Persona 4G: an hour here and there (Not trying to rush this one, but will finish before P5)
Until Dawn this Tuesday as well.
I've pretty much tossed The Witcher 3 aside

Sept 1:
Mad Max
Danganrona
MGS 5

Danganronpa and MGS 5 are at the very least 25 hours.
Damn, son. No shortage of games.

Oh and then there's the backlog rofl

This fall is going to bury me.

Still trying to do the side ops on MGS: GZ
Slogging through DR2 (at this point I've turned into a full VN, not interested in the trials at all)
Persona 4G: an hour here and there (Not trying to rush this one, but will finish before P5)
Until Dawn this Tuesday as well.
I've pretty much tossed The Witcher 3 aside

Sept 1:
Mad Max
Danganrona
MGS 5

Danganronpa and MGS 5 are at the very least 25 hours.
Damn, son. No shortage of games.

Oh and then there's the backlog rofl

Good god I feel you...

I just got a vita and am looking to get Danganronpa soon but I just got Disgaea 4 and Persona 4 golden (played Persona 4 but never golden) and a few indies and got SotN for it as well. Plus all the games coming out for the PS4 soon. I gotta catch up with all these awesome vita games, but I feel it will become my main machine until P5 is out

Prelude.

The fact that Atlus games come out late in Europe helps this time. Dungeon Travelers 2 is in October and P4D in November so at least I have enough time. I just finished one playthrough of Dragon's Crown so now I can play around a bit with the second one while I wait for Ultra Despair Girls.
I used the Sorceress.

Saphirax

The fact that Atlus games come out late in Europe helps this time. Dungeon Travelers 2 is in October and P4D in November so at least I have enough time. I just finished one playthrough of Dragon's Crown so now I can play around a bit with the second one while I wait for Ultra Despair Girls.
I used the Sorceress.

Persona 5 coming summer 2016 to Europe.

8D

So I'm trying to get all my 16gb card stuff in my 64gb, using Content Manager is safe, right? I'm creating the back up right now.

(Using my Windows 10 PC for this)

Ephidel

It's safe, but you might be better off backing up items individually.
Sometimes full backups/full transfers just... don't actually work. And they're so lengthy that by the time they don't work and you have to start over it takes forever.

Tizoc

And in today's episode of 'Awesome Ys music', we have a track from Ys 1 that many would not have actually heard in full and may not know of even-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXqY1FkjIA

Titled 'Palace' this is the music played when you enter the Shrine on your way to the first boss, as the shrine itself is just you walking through rooms with no enemies to encounter or traps, it's easy to ignore this beautiful piece of music.

Sometimes I wonder why one of the b-tier publishers has never tried putting a WRPG on Vita. Someone like Deep Silver or Nordic Games or Focus Home Interactive.

I mean, I get that Vita as a market is a difficult sell, but the console seems to be doing alright in Europe, and there's a gap that isn't being filled by these bigger games so something smaller could take a punt.

Maybe 3PP will port something else for next year. Borderlands is good 'n' all (could do with it running a bit better, but I enjoy it), I'd like to see something else.

And I was thinking, why doesn't Sony help Japanese developers to localize their games for EU/US. Instead they pay minimum buck to 3rd tier developers to port games that barely works on Vita.

They are doing (Yakuza 5). Keep in mind, too, Third Party Productions have been around since... mid 2013? In that time they've handled 4 projects that I know of (Borderlands Vita; Street Fighter PS4; Resident Evil Vita; Yakuza PS3). There's plenty of time for them to pick up more localization work too.

The transfer from my 16gb card to my 64gb one went really well, I really needed the space for everything that's coming out soon!

I decided to take a break from JRPGs and VNs to check out Sound Shapes and Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions on Vita as I got them for free and DAMN these games are great!

The God Eater anime is already airing and we haven't heard a word about localization.
At this point I think it's more likely that we get Resurrection to "reboot" the series, and then GE2RB. Although one came after the other in Japan, it would make sense from an in-game story point of view. Plus, it's been a while since GE Burst came out here, and although it was a PS+ offer already, I am sure that lots of folks never played it.

Yasumi

Banned
Holy crap, Sherlock in Crimes and Punishment sounds almost exactly like the narrator in Soul Sacrifice. Not getting any results for Kerry Shale being in SS, but it sounds just like him.

autoduelist

The God Eater anime is already airing and we haven't heard a word about localization.

Unless Bandai is waiting to get SAO: Lost Song out of the way first but by then I'm afraid it would be too late.

There is no such thing as 'too late', and even if the marketing department of a company had some perfect, fan-approved timeline of releases, the odds of everything lining up in their favor [finances, resources, other priorities, etc] approach nil.

They'll announce it when they're ready to announce it, if they're going to announce it. It's rarely tied to any fixed date in time, because even though something may make 'perfect sense' (ie, releasing it with the anime) it may not make sense or be feasible for 1001 behind the scenes reasons.

Heck, the decision to localize it may even hinge on the success of the anime; it's quite possible for financial reasons that made more sense than some sort of [resource intensive and higher risk if one failed] dual launch.

Zhao_Yun

At this point I think it's more likely that we get Resurrection to "reboot" the series, and then GE2RB. Although one came after the other in Japan, it would make sense from an in-game story point of view. Plus, it's been a while since GE Burst came out here, and although it was a PS+ offer already, I am sure that lots of folks never played it.

Can't say that I'd like this approach. Just imagine Ressurection bombing in the west. Then we would have 2 localized versions of the first God Eater and none for the 2nd. :(

Can't say that I'd like this approach. Just imagine Ressurection bombing in the west. Then we would have 2 localized versions of the first God Eater and none for the 2nd. :(

If it bombs then there's no reason to localize the second one anyways, as people obviously don't care.

I'm going to have to go with N2H4U on this one, it'll be Resurrection first, then GE2:RB.

Flunkie

Banned
Just cruel timing with Steins;Gate releasing soon. I'm not even to the second trial in Danganronpa 2 yet. Just discovered the
Ancient Ruin that might be Hope's Peak Academy?
so that will be interesting so see how that plays out. That and the
arcade cabinet.

Otherwise, I do have a full week to play Vita since I'm out of town M-F for work. So I'm gonna catch up on everything Vita and 3DS. Bringing both my Vita-1000 and -2000 and my 3DSXL. I wish I'd have gotten that $100 new XL deal :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who's publishing Steins;Gate and do they have a history with PSN sales? Gonna try waiting it out for a good price but if its not feasible I'll just buy it the next time points cards go on sale.

Who's publishing Steins;Gate and do they have a history with PSN sales? Gonna try waiting it out for a good price but if its not feasible I'll just buy it the next time points cards go on sale.

As far as I know this will be PQube's first game on NA PSN. But they already put Steins;Gate in the summer sale in EU, so that's probably a good sign. Let's hope they don't do any ridiculous pricing on launch, though. In EU it was more expensive digital than physical.

They are doing (Yakuza 5). Keep in mind, too, Third Party Productions have been around since... mid 2013? In that time they've handled 4 projects that I know of (Borderlands Vita; Street Fighter PS4; Resident Evil Vita; Yakuza PS3). There's plenty of time for them to pick up more localization work too.

And all 3 ports were bad so that is not a good record for 3rd Party Productions. Yakuza will be first non-port which should just translation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As far as I know this will be PQube's first game on NA PSN. But they already put Steins;Gate in the summer sale in EU, so that's probably a good sign. Let's hope they don't do any ridiculous pricing on launch, though. In EU it was more expensive digital than physical.

Thanks for the insight! It's definitely something I've been looking forward too, but I don't have time for it any time soon anyways. It's looking like there won't be an opening in my schedule until February anyways.

autoduelist

No. It broke the zen like peace of the original levels into a throw your Vita out the window in hate.

I liked them. I don't need them to be zen like the rest of the game; it's called Death Mode for a reason. I realized some of them benefited from good 'layout' to complete, but I just used the 'bad' layouts to practice and prepare myself for a 'good' layout, since they required fairly masterful play even with a good layout.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

The problem is the game is so old with the maps and shit lots of folks are going to get turned off unless they go and remake new maps. Which am not sure if thats going to happen.

Honestly it would be a waste of resources to bring out Resurrection when GE2RB exists. Even more so as most people who would be buying the game are those who already played the first title.

The first game did not age exactly well map wise. Even GE2RB lots of shitty maps exists due to GE2 still having been designed for the PSP hardware specs. Thankfully RB adds a new location that has the cap made for vita specs, but thats not accessible till later in the game so you still are stuck with the other shitty maps.

No idea what Bandai Namco thinks they are doing as its not like the fans over here want to play the first game over again.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
After lots of mindless grind i got all the lower body items and the akiba's trip platinum! :D

This is my eighth platinum, i was expecting to pass to level 16 of the psn profile instead i'm still at 98% of level 15, not that i care about these things but if i'm going to get a platinum i give a look at my level.

Now it's time for some backlog(until the next purchase lol).

I read that Lost Dimension's story requires more than one playthrough, if true how long and hard is the story mode?

And all 3 ports were bad so that is not a good record for 3rd Party Productions. Yakuza will be first non-port which should just translation.

Yeah, there's certainly less change of them getting it wrong if it's just a translation rather than a port :p

Though I hope Yakuza bombing won't put them off doing translations. I can't see any situation where it sells well enough. Loads of text - check. Last gen only - check. Digital only - check. :(

I haven't had the problems other people have had with 3PP ports btw. Ultra Street Fighter IV was patched I believe, and it's now on par with all the other versions? Just the launch that was botched. Borderlands was probably the best they could've done in the situation - Resident Evil is the only one that seems a bit off, but there's still time to patch it (whether that'll happen though is anyone's guess, since there's been radio silence on it since release).

VLiberty

I used to think the same about Borderlands, but after USF4 launch and RER2 I think it's just them doing less than the bare minimum. Usf4 was patched because it was on a system they actually cared about.

Top Bottom