• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Clive

I would be fine with high quality PSP titles but this one and Invizimals really aren't and both have superior Vita versions. It's just insulting. The US Blog also posts a trailer just containing the PS4 games and makes no mention of the PS3/Vita games outside the list.

It really feels like the PS3 and Vita could be dropped at any second from PS+ because the formats aren't part of Sony's future plans. Sony can drop support for devices very fast these days.

RK128

I would be fine with high quality PSP titles but this one and Invizimals really aren't and both have superior Vita versions. It's just insulting. The US Blog also posts a trailer just containing the PS4 games and makes no mention of the PS3/Vita games outside the list.

It really feels like the PS3 and Vita could be dropped at any second from PS+ because the formats aren't part of Sony's future plans. Sony can drop support for devices very fast these days.

I get that impression too and the only reason they keep releasing Plus games on PS3 and Vita is to avoid (justified) backlash from pulling the games off the service.

If anything, I could see one PS3 game and one Vita game getting axed, being replaced with two more PS4 games in the future (one cross-buy indie, PS2 Classic). That way we can get one great Vita game and one great PS3 game all the while more funding can be put toward PS4 Plus titles.

Sony doesn't care about the Vita at all and the PS3 is slowly dying out, so both not getting great support is expected. To be fair though, the PS3 line up is normally very strong, with a lot of retail games popping up as Plus games.

I hope nobody skips Mystery Chronicle, it's the one I want most.

A recent thread on r/vita reminded me to revisit this post. Imagine what a field day you'll have trying to recommend this game to a certain subset of gamers in the west.

"Vita needs more games!"

"You should try Mystery Chronicle, it's great"

"What is it?"

"A Japanese role-playing game based on indie title"

"It's a JRPG and it's an indie game? I'm sick of indies and animu trash on Vita"

Uff.

Talos principle seems to work flawless on Vita remoteplay, this is exactly how I want to experience the game (and soon the witness).

On another topic, should I play beyond:two souls chronological or as the game was originally designed (spare me the "not at all" comments as they don't help anyone)?

Takao

Banned
LsCEHiJ.png

Clive

We got a bad PS+ Vita month, no need to get into panic mode though.

Are we sure the Patton gane is the PSP version?

I'd say there has been a steady decline in quality to the PS+ offerings and they have just recently shifted to exclusively promoting the PS4 offerings. No one is panicking but I'd say there is absolutely cause for concern. To me it looks like the Vita games are taking up a smaller and smaller part of the PS+ budget (assuming they have a certain amount they target to spend on the monthly games).

Chuy

I didn't think that it would get a English release. Still most likely going digital on it but nice to have the option available for those that want a physical copy. Hopefully it'll come westward.
Also how much space does the digital version take up?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Are they seriously doing that again? Vita PS+ is completely finished.

Eh, some people will be satisfied with an ancient indie game or the first episode of an adventure game that lasts 40 minutes.

I'm glad plus died for me the day they announced pay to play online for the ps4. Better to get uninvested in it when the writing was on the wall.

Massa

Eh, some people will be satisfied with an ancient indie game or the first episode of an adventure game that lasts 40 minutes.

I'm glad plus died for me the day they announced pay to play online for the ps4. Better to get uninvested in it when the writing was on the wall.

You mean episode 1 of King's Quest? That's over 5 hours long, lol.

I'll believe that Digimon news once I have a copy in my hands. The Asian Blog post about it specifically didn't mention English at the time, but I'll be very happy if they've changed their minds.

I'll believe that Digimon news once I have a copy in my hands. The Asian Blog post about it specifically didn't mention English at the time, but I'll be very happy if they've changed their minds.

Yeah I'm still not 100% convinced. I asked Play-Asia and they're looking into it.

Clive

Totally importing the Asian release of Cyber Slueth, sucks that'll be -1 less sale for the NA version.

In my case it's +1 for the localized Vita version in total because I was planning to get it on the PS4. I also don't think us buying Asian copies necessarily has a negative impact on future localizations as long as the English versions sell well together. I'm fine with Bamco doing better in English speaking parts of Asia than in America.

Prelude.

Anyone from asia that can verify that post, if they confirmed it's in english in the comments, etc.?
This should be their facebook page but it's region locked and asian proxies are failing me at the moment.

Also, I don't use facebook so I'm not completely sure. Is it Bamco Asia that shared and "commented" on that geek culture article? And Game Start Asia?

Producer

Anyone interested in playing the best platformer(s) on vita, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, should maybe grab them soon since theres a chance they might get delisted from PSN. They're already delisted from Steam.

I'd say there has been a steady decline in quality to the PS+ offerings and they have just recently shifted to exclusively promoting the PS4 offerings. No one is panicking but I'd say there is absolutely cause for concern. To me it looks like the Vita games are taking up a smaller and smaller part of the PS+ budget (assuming they have a certain amount they target to spend on the monthly games).

That might make sense, except it seems the only "large budget" titles seem to be on the PS3. I mean Hardware Rivals cant possibly be more than $20 and I dont remember how much Grim Fandango was as I bought it when it came out. Ok yes, I definitely sound like those people complaining "ugh all we get are indie titles" and I dont really mean it that way, I just mean it as "where are these big budget titles" that are eating up the budget. We have only gotten one "retail" PS4 title and that was last January with Injustice. For the Vita we have slowly slipped into just smaller titles or PSP releases (which is what this Patton title is if you check out the EU blog). Hell, if we are getting PSP releases, at least mine from the large set of quality PSP titles (you know, like the FF titles, Patapon, Metal Gear, even GT) rather than something like this low reviewing Patton game. Worst was when we got Invisimals and rather than being the Vita title we got the PSP game.

Its looking more and more like Sony wants to stop pushing titles for Vita and PS3 with PS+ but cant yet for fear of backlash. I remember when the service first launched and the quality titles were flowing, where if you looked at the cost on PSN of what you were getting it was astronomical compared to the monthly fee. Now that ceiling is dropping.

Anyway, hopefully they will start giving better PSP titles (if that is all they want to give) in the future...

RK128

Anyone interested in playing the best platformer(s) on vita, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, should maybe grab them soon since theres a chance they might get delisted from PSN. They're already delisted from Steam.

That is getting de-listed :(?

Such a shame, considering it is so odd yet so well polished and fun to play. Hope that they manage to keep the Vita version up on the servers for a long while.

I'll get my list updated and share it again once I'm out of the hospital.

I never knew you were sick :(. I hope you feel better soon and that your time in the hospital isn't long.

Hikami

Been alternating between Trails in the Sky SC and Trails of Cold Steel instead of trying to finish SC first. It's working out great, they're different enough to where I don't get burned out or anything.

I usually try to finish games fast ignoring sidequests and all that but, man am I trying to make these last as long as possible. Love this series.

I've been playing Dragons Crown End Game, and boy does this game make me wish we had more 2D loot games like this. Odin Sphere is gonna scratch that itch but it's still gonna be a good 4 month wait

I pretty much played Steins;Gate nonstop since the last time I posted.

I got the
irreversible reboot
ending. It was... Interesting, but I was
angry at Okabe not sending a D-Mail to prevent himself from stopping Suzuhua. And who would live the same day over and over, yet do the exact same thing?

Going for a guide for the
true ending
next.

true ending
next.

Don't. You've got three more endings that should be easy to get without a guide. Then get the fifth ending with a guide, then the true ending last. Every ending is worth seeing, and having seen them all makes the true ending all the more glorious.

Also, question for everyone. What's your favorite Vita theme? I'd like to get a good one, but wading through the mess that is the PSN is awful. Any recommendations?

I pretty much played Steins;Gate nonstop since the last time I posted.

I got the
irreversible reboot
ending. It was... Interesting, but I was
angry at Okabe not sending a D-Mail to prevent himself from stopping Suzuhua. And who would live the same day over and over, yet do the exact same thing?

true ending
next.

That was your choice, don't get mad at Okabe!

Don't. You've got three more endings that should be easy to get without a guide. Then get the fifth ending with a guide, then the true ending last. Every ending is worth seeing, and having seen them all makes the true ending all the more glorious.

Also, question for everyone. What's your favorite Vita theme? I'd like to get a good one, but wading through the mess that is the PSN is awful. Any recommendations?
I like Crystal and Four Seasons, the Neptunia themes are neat as well. There really isn't too much of a selection on the stores in the west.

I didn't get any indication of that. Was I able to pull out my phone and send an email at that point?

Yes, but they don't make that clear until after you've already gotten one ending. Now, when you have the opportunity to do so, the icon will change. Pull out your phone, send the email, and that will continue you down the main route.

I like Crystal and Four Seasons, the Neptunia themes are neat as well. There really isn't too much of a selection on the stores in the west.

Thanks. I have the Neptunia ones, may just use those, but I'll check out those other two. Helps that they're free.

RK128

Before we move on to the new PSN Thread for Jan. 2016, just want to say thank you :).

You guys have been such a great community to me and I love being part of Vita Gaf :'). So many great discussions, being part of announcements we have been waiting for a long time (Digimon CS, God Eater Localization, ect) and dealing with some annoying parts on Gaf (being banned for two weeks :(); it was quite a ride in 2015 :).

I want to thank you all for pushing me into trying out new series like Neptuina and more; opened the doors to other game genre's I never considered trying before and with my first ever review being Summon Night 5, I like SJRPG's now :D!

Gotta play VK2 on my Vita when I'm done with Summon Night :).

Had a great year and I hope we all have a killer 2016 :D!

Happy New Year Vita Gaf :).

Top Bottom