• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

igor

Is Digimon getting a physical release?

2016 is looking niiiice.

Got Dancing All Night and for the first day I was stuck in front of Vita for 10 hours straight... haven't had that much fun with a music game since DJ Max Portable. If only the song variety was bigger, 27 tracks most of which are repeating themselves in different forms - that's pretty poor. Also I just got onto hard and I can't understand the rating system, sometimes I get away with murder, sometimes it's one tiny section I screw up and won't get a clear on the song - not to even mention that the line between "brilliant" and "not clear" is so fine.

But overall this is like the biggest surprise of 2015 - I genuinely thought the game will be just okay rhythm game, and instead I'm having so much more fun with it than with Project Diva.

VLiberty

That moment when you realize that next year will start with Amplitude and Hardware

0040b864f9748f223bff66b883ec270c.480x360x1.jpg

Sora_N

I got a Vita slim yesterday Aqua Blue, sold my OG Vita today.

I sold it because I damaged the finish and couldn't justify buying a new one unless I sold it.

I just opened it up, wow it's so...slim. It feels fragile and light, but the OG one was too heavy imo.

The screen is noticeably different, I can get used to it.

Xenoflare

I got a Vita slim yesterday Aqua Blue, sold my OG Vita today.

I sold it because I damaged the finish and couldn't justify buying a new one unless I sold it.

I just opened it up, wow it's so...slim. It feels fragile and light, but the OG one was too heavy imo.

The screen is noticeably different, I can get used to it.

Yeah the OG Vita feels extremely chunky with the slim.

I had no problem with the screen because my OG looked "dirty" on minimal brightness on low light conditions plus those nasty black spots during loading screens too.

Although, certain games does look washed out, but the warmer colors and better brightness control (it's both brighter and dimmer on max/min settings) is an overall improvement in my book.

Sora_N

Yeah the OG Vita feels extremely chunky with the slim.

I had no problem with the screen because my OG looked "dirty" on minimal brightness on low light conditions plus those nasty black spots during loading screens too.

Although, certain games does look washed out, but the warmer colors and better brightness control (it's both brighter and dimmer on max/min settings) is an overall improvement in my book.

Honestly the OG OLED is nice but it's really blinding in the dark cuz it's so bright.

Christian

Okay, VitaGAF. I'm in the midst of working toward platinum in Dragon Quest Heroes (my PS4 GOTY) and Bastion on Vita. But I got five new Vita games for Christmas, and I want to start one! What should I play?! IA/VT, Bakumatsu Rock, Dungeon Travelers 2, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, and Taiko V?! I'm leaning toward PW3, because, even though I'm plugging away in DQH, I loved PW2, I love One Piece, and I just feel like it. But I'm worried about starting another 70-hour platinum. IA/VT might be a nice change of pace. Or something else?! I CANT DECIDE.

Shizuka

Okay, VitaGAF. I'm in the midst of working toward platinum in Dragon Quest Heroes (my PS4 GOTY) and Bastion on Vita. But I got five new Vita games for Christmas, and I want to start one! What should I play?! IA/VT, Bakumatsu Rock, Dungeon Travelers 2, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, and Taiko V?! I'm leaning toward PW3, because, even though I'm plugging away in DQH, I loved PW2, I love One Piece, and I just feel like it. But I'm worried about starting another 70-hour platinum. IA/VT might be a nice change of pace. Or something else?! I CANT DECIDE.

Don't go for OPPW3, you'll get burned before you're done with the story, let alone getting close to the platinum. Go for IA/VT or Taiko V.

robotnik

Definitely not Dungeon Travelers 2 then. Great game, but it's really long (~60h to beat, ~150h to platinum it).

Dungeon Travelers is a game best played in spurts. Can finish the story in 50ish hours, but I wouldn't even think to attempt the 100+ hour postgame without taking a few breaks to play other things.

So, did you guys see the new Hero Must Die trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLLIqzgFLw

Of all the games NIS publish in Japan, this is the first in ages that I've been really interested in. I mean, I love their stuff and buy it, but something about this appeals to me. Soundtrack; visuals; concept; combat - everything just looks exactly like my kind of thing.

I'm pretty worried it's gonna bomb in Japan and that'll destroy any chance of us getting it. I mean, we've gotten games that have bombed in Japan before (Lost Dimension; Omega Quintet) but still...

Anyway.

Also, Gundam Extreme Vs. Force (English version) got a price cut on Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/mobilize-f...ce-physical-asia-english/5f/7475x?ref=twitter

Japanese reviews mean they're lowering prices already? Lol.

Also, Gundam Extreme Vs. Force (English version) got a price cut on Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/mobilize-f...ce-physical-asia-english/5f/7475x?ref=twitter

Japanese reviews mean they're lowering prices already? Lol.

No real reason for them to keep the price high when the West is getting it's own release (even if it's most likely digital only). Only reason why Asian English releases are usually marked up is because they know people will import and they feel they can make a few extra bucks.

Shizuka

I don't think the price cut is due to the japanese reception. It's because Play-Asia noticed the increase of import-only physical titles and they're charging a premium for those now, same happened with DOAX3, which received a similar price cut recently.

autoduelist

Dungeon Travelers is a game best played in spurts. Can finish the story in 50ish hours, but I wouldn't even think to attempt the 100+ hour postgame without taking a few breaks to play other things.

Yeah, the final trophy in DT2 is ridiculous. You have two choices -- play the massive, massive post-game content [possibly more than the regular game!] all for one trophy. OR.... spam fight easy fights for hours on end. The first way is far more interesting, but slow going, because you'll need to map and win hard fights.The second will be quicker but burn you out hard.

IIRC it's 20 thousand battles or something like that? I was many hours into the postgame, hoping I was at 19k+, when I finally got an in game notification that I was at like 10k or something ridiculously low. I kept doing postgame for awhile, but...

I finally broke down and did a couple hours of spamming to finish the plat.

IIRC it's 20 thousand battles or something like that? I was many hours into the postgame, hoping I was at 19k+, when I finally got an in game notification that I was at like 10k or something ridiculously low. I kept doing postgame for awhile, but...

I finally broke down and did a couple hours of spamming to finish the plat.

20k monster kills, which at an average of 3-5 monsters per fight, is a minimum of 4-5k battles lol. That trophy is insane and I honestly wish they would have just added trophies for some of the god bosses in postgame, rather than some trophy you can't even keep track of other than when you get that 10k kills 80hrs in.

RK128

Is there any chance of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 being announced for PS4 next year?

Considering both are part of PS Now, not likely. But would not be shocked if Square made a Lighting Collection containing those two games + Lighting Returns for the summer.

Though they are really busy as is, so its not very likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are some of the early BC games on the 360 though :D.

Picked up Minecraft from Tesco just for a tenner. Can't believe how big the update file size for this is - 400mb. I'm literally on the verge of having to buy a second 64gb card soon. I know I should make better use of content manager.... but I like having all my games with me for whenever I want them.

128gb, where you at?!

Also, does anyone want the code for a PS3 version of Minecraft? I already have it so this one is useless to me. I'm in UK, so I'm guessing only EU PSN.

RK128

Picked up Minecraft from Tesco just for a tenner. Can't believe how big the update file size for this is - 400mb. I'm literally on the verge of having to buy a second 64gb card soon. I know I should make better use of content manager.... but I like having all my games with me for whenever I want them.

128gb, where you at?!

Also, does anyone want the code for a PS3 version of Minecraft? I already have it so this one is useless to me. I'm in UK, so I'm guessing only EU PSN.

Got the EU version of Minecraft from a PSN EU glitch a while back, but that is really cool of you man :). Give it to someone who would love the game and has a EU account :D.

Maybe you could do a giveaway, use Modbot or something with the code.

18-Volt

So, did you guys see the new Hero Must Die trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLLIqzgFLw

Of all the games NIS publish in Japan, this is the first in ages that I've been really interested in. I mean, I love their stuff and buy it, but something about this appeals to me. Soundtrack; visuals; concept; combat - everything just looks exactly like my kind of thing.

I'm pretty worried it's gonna bomb in Japan and that'll destroy any chance of us getting it. I mean, we've gotten games that have bombed in Japan before (Lost Dimension; Omega Quintet) but still...

There are three games NISA is supposed to bring westward next year: Night Watch, Hero Must Die and Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain. Around March they'll have a press conference to reveal games for rest of the year and I expect all of them to be here. Night Watch as a digital only title and Coven and Hero both as physical. I can't think of any other game they could localize, maybe Operation Babel or Kadokawa's titles. The ones that Kadokawa has already confirmed their localization, not Kantai Collection. We are not gettting that one.

There are three games NISA is supposed to bring westward next year: Night Watch, Hero Must Die and Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain. Around March they'll have a press conference to reveal games for rest of the year and I expect all of them to be here. Night Watch as a digital only title and Coven and Hero both as physical. I can't think of any other game they could localize, maybe Operation Babel or Kadokawa's titles. The ones that Kadokawa has already confirmed their localization, not Kantai Collection. We are not gettting that one.

I just think it'll be too soon for either Coven or Hero Must Die (one is Jan in Japan; the other is Feb). Normally NISA take like 9-12 months (or sometimes even longer) to localize their games and stuff in their March press conference is usually released in September-December of that year.

Combined with resources now going to Steam porting, I'm worried some stuff will slip through the cracks. I'm not fussed about Coven (we've barely seen anything of the game and it's yet another gridder) but Yomawari and especially Hero Must Die I want!

18-Volt

I just think it'll be too soon for either Coven or Hero Must Die (one is Jan in Japan; the other is Feb). Normally NISA take like 9-12 months (or sometimes even longer) to localize their games and stuff in their March press conference is usually released in September-December of that year.

Combined with resources now going to Steam porting, I'm worried some stuff will slip through the cracks. I'm not fussed about Coven (we've barely seen anything of the game and it's yet another gridder) but Yomawari and especially Hero Must Die I want!

Night Watch will probably be out by summer but Hero Must Die and Refrain are definitely fall games. Dangan 3 is either december or early 2017 game. And if they are the one who are localizing Kadokawa stuff, God Wars and Root Letter are also fall 2016 games. But I'm hoping that Kadokawa is somehow localizing their own games and not bothering NISA.

There are also other SpikeChunsoft games, Mystery Chronicle, Grand Kingdom, Exist Archive and since all of them have PS4 versions, they have high chance of coming over. Both Atlus and NISA had good relations with Spike, wonder who'll get what. I hope nobody skips Mystery Chronicle, it's the one I want most.

Prelude.

Do we know if all of them bought it in preparation for the Vita release? Might as well just discount it when it's released, instead of two weeks earlier.
Maybe sales spiked right after he announced the Vita release date and mentioned it was crossbuy and currently on sale.

Ryan95

Yesterday I completed Atelier Totori Plus (Normal Ending, I don't think I can do Perfect Ending without a proper guide) and I have to say I found the plot far more satisfying than Rorona Plus.

Obviously that's just a matter personal taste, as I really liked the fact that Totori's adventure is given a solid reason since the very beginning, and most events in the game happen following this storyline. There are the funny side events that characterized Rorona + as well, which make the storytelling even more enjoyable IMO. I also appreciated the new structure of the map, giving you more freedom to roam around Arland.

To sum up, I had fun with it, and I can't wait to play Atelier Meruru + (Unfortunately I didn't have the time to take it on EU store while it was cheap, and I didn't think to buy it in advance, as I believed Totori would take more time to be clearled).

To tell the truth, What I really cannot wait to play is the Dusk Trilogy, as (I hope someone can confirm this) the time limit is supposed to have been removed (this element actually prevents me from fully enjoying the Arland Trilogy) and there's even more story focus.

Tizoc

Considering both are part of PS Now, not likely. But would not be shocked if Square made a Lighting Collection containing those two games + Lighting Returns for the summer.

Though they are really busy as is, so its not very likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are some of the early BC games on the 360 though :D.
Ultra sf4 is on ps now
U really dont want a console ff13 collection just stick to the pc versions.

Saphirax

Yesterday I completed Atelier Totori Plus (Normal Ending, I don't think I can do Perfect Ending without a proper guide) and I have to say I found the plot far more satisfying than Rorona Plus.

Obviously that's just a matter personal taste, as I really liked the fact that Totori's adventure is given a solid reason since the very beginning, and most events in the game happen following this storyline. There are the funny side events that characterized Rorona + as well, which make the storytelling even more enjoyable IMO. I also appreciated the new structure of the map, giving you more freedom to roam around Arland.

To sum up, I had fun with it, and I can't wait to play Atelier Meruru + (Unfortunately I didn't have the time to take it on EU store while it was cheap, and I didn't think to buy it in advance, as I believed Totori would take more time to be clearled).

To tell the truth, What I really cannot wait to play is the Dusk Trilogy, as (I hope someone can confirm this) the time limit is supposed to have been removed (this element actually prevents me from fully enjoying the Arland Trilogy) and there's even more story focus.

The time limit is only gone in Shallie. Ayesha and Escha & Logy still have time limits albeit more lenient than in the Arland trilogy. Haven't played Shallie yet, but the two others have worse characters than Arland. Most of them are just forgettable.

Tizoc

How's the performance of Batman Blackgate on the Vita? PC ver. runs at 60 FPS, what's the Vita performance like?

Cha

A bit delayed, but I've only just seen the new trailer (JumpFesta) and this gameplay video of World Of Final Fantasy. The more I see of this game, the more I want it! It's so damn cute!!
Really hope it looks (and runs) decent on the Vita. Battle load times are being improved according to the Gematsu article.

Also, I'm currently playing Danganronpa: Another Episode. Only completed Chapter1/started Chapter2, and sh*t already got heavy and just downright disturbing.

Prelude.

If the first post on a PS4 game on the blog isn't "Vita pleaze", the comment system is probably broken.
Conversely, if it's not a PS4 game: "Why isn't this on PS4?" "Kek, I only own a PS4, sorry."

A bit delayed, but I've only just seen the new trailer (JumpFesta) and this gameplay video of World Of Final Fantasy. The more I see of this game, the more I want it! It's so damn cute!!
Really hope it looks (and runs) decent on the Vita. Battle load times are being improved according to the Gematsu article.
My most hyped upcoming SE game
that has screenshots
so far.

Xenoflare

Conversely, if it's not a PS4 game: "Why isn't this on PS4?" "Kek, I only own a PS4, sorry."

My most hyped upcoming SE game
that has screenshots
so far.

Factor in "lel vita has no games" and "why release a game on a dead platform?"

It's tounge in cheek really.

autoduelist

Don't know if they're still on sale, but I finally got to play 2 new games last night and really enjoyed them --

We Are Doomed -- this is a fluid dual stick shooter that replaces Geo Wars trippy neon with a more 'melty pastel' look. At $2.50, it's a definite get imo if you like to zen out to your dual analogs as you dodge n' kill aliens as you're endless swarmed. It's not as meaty as Geo Wars, but it's also a new franchise. And it definitely gets the 'feel' of blissfully swimming through a sea of enemies right.

LA Cops -- only played 3 levels. I always heard this was a rip off of Hotline Miami, but it's not... I mean, sure, it shares elements (kill/knockout) but overall it plays very differently. You play 2 cops (from a choice of like 6 or 8)... and the really cool mechanic is that triangle switches you to your partner (the guy you 'left' will go into cover mode, so you can set up advanced tactics). You can also hit X to make them 'follow' you, so you can sort of set up breaches. It's hard as nails, but all the cops are upgradeable.... and I remember when I first started HM it was even harder, but by the end I was a wizard, so I'm sure I'll be a wizard at this eventually too. It's -hard- getting used to the dual cop mechanic (we're generally trained to use a single character, not switch perspective on the fly) but I'm getting the hang of it. It's a little off at times (or at least, I haven't fully mastered how using cover support works). One of the stats you can increase is 'speed' so I think that may help the AI aim / track targets faster... but that's the kind of thing I can't know until I invest more time into it.

Very glad I picked up both. I haven't tried my other scores yet, but those were the two that seemed most interesting to me and they were.

LA Cops -- only played 3 levels. I always heard this was a rip off of Hotline Miami, but it's not... I mean, sure, it shares elements (kill/knockout) but overall it plays very differently. You play 2 cops (from a choice of like 6 or 8)... and the really cool mechanic is that triangle switches you to your partner (the guy you 'left' will go into cover mode, so you can set up advanced tactics). You can also hit X to make them 'follow' you, so you can sort of set up breaches. It's hard as nails, but all the cops are upgradeable.... and I remember when I first started HM it was even harder, but by the end I was a wizard, so I'm sure I'll be a wizard at this eventually too. It's -hard- getting used to the dual cop mechanic (we're generally trained to use a single character, not switch perspective on the fly) but I'm getting the hang of it. It's a little off at times (or at least, I haven't fully mastered how using cover support works). One of the stats you can increase is 'speed' so I think that may help the AI aim / track targets faster... but that's the kind of thing I can't know until I invest more time into it.

For LA Cops the AI is terrible and your partner is just going to get killed. I just wound up using the other character as a backup if my main character died and took manual control. The AI partner was a promising idea that doesn't actually work out like you want it to. It is weird that there is no way to have a second player control the AI partner. Two player Hotline Miami would have been fun.

I don't want to beat a dead horse and go on about how I think those games have better alternatives. I appreciate the write ups and your different opinions.

Massa

This is honestly Sony's mistake. Oh well.

I'm happy that he was surprised with the numbers, I personally also bought it when I heard it is coming to Vita. It is a much better fit on Vita than PS4 I think.

Sooo... is nothing releasing on the US store today?

???
Sony are the ones convincing indie developers to make games on Vita in the first place.

Top Bottom