• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

February 2
  • Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space (PS4)
  • Amazing Discoveries in Outer Space (PS4)
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4, Vita)
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4, Vita)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)
  • Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (PS4, PS3)
  • Not a Hero (PS4)
February 9
  • Alekhine’s Gun (PS4)
  • Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (PS4, PS3)
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia (PS4)
  • Firewatch (PS4)
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PS4)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS4)
  • Siralim (PS4, Vita)
  • Unravel (PS4)
February 16
  • Layers of Fear (PS4)
  • Pixel Piracy (PS4)
  • Street Fighter V (PS4)
  • Super Blast Deluxe (Vita)
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead (PS4)
February 23
  • Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (PS4)
  • Far Cry Primal (PS4)
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)
  • Toki Tori 2+ (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (North America/Europe).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:

• Grid Autosport, PS3
  • Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back , PS4, PS3, PS Vita
  • Lemmings Touch, PS Vita
  • Nom Nom Galaxy, PS4
  • Nova-111, PS Vita
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF community on PS4. Please message me or KB on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags). 

• PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.

Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

PaZsIZI.png

Clive

Siralim sounds pretty interesting. I remember reading about it a while ago and now it's here it seems.

Steam said:
Siralim is a deep RPG with light roguelike elements that allows you to summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight in strategic battle. Fight your way through randomly generated dungeons and complete randomized quests.

User reviews: Very Positive (141 reviews)

Move over, Digimon.

RK128

Wow, still maintaining my top spot on the wall of shame since July/August XD!

Hope this Feburary is a great month for everyone and that we all enjoy some great Vita releases this month :D. Crypt of the Necrodancer, Digimon and hopefully even Axiom Verge are games I know I'm looking forward to playing sometime this coming month (backlog, college and lack of funds makes getting games a bit tight money wise for now :l).

As you all see from my new avatar, this year is Sonic's 25th anniversary and my goal by the end of the year is playing through a majority of his games. I own almost all of them through collections and normal releases but a few I can't really play due to not owning them anymore (Shadow and 06 mainly). Made a thread on Sonic Heroes for anyone interested and also playing the Genesis series (Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD) right now too.

Will talk more about the games as I play through them all again :).

I didn't even think I posted a lot last month, y'all need to step up yo game

The drop looks crazy this week

Necrodancer
Digimon
Gravity Rush
Neptunia VII
Nitroplus Blasterz

Getting Digimon and Gravity Rush for sure, the rest will have to wait a bit

Yasumi

Banned
Asian Cold Steel and Danganronpa UDG work with US dlc, asian SSD works with EU dlc.
I also read that the US E&L works with asian dlc.
It's more likely that those are literally just the NA and EU versions of the games dumped on Asian PSN without any sort of real rejiggering for the R3 region.

Unless there's NA/EU/JP cross-region DLC to prove otherwise, then no, they can't just "do it if they want to".

VLiberty

My PS4 says that the maximum storage is 326gb, is it ok? I know it takes some space for the system + 500 gb is not actually 500 gb, but 326?

Prelude.

It's more likely that those are literally just the NA and EU versions of the games dumped on Asian PSN without any sort of real rejiggering for the R3 region.
It is like that, they're not doing it on purpose, it's exactly the same version of the game. But that proves that there's no restriction PSN-wise since they're allowed to do that.

Unless there's NA/EU/JP cross-region DLC to prove otherwise, then no, they can't just "do it if they want to".
They can make the dlc compatible if they actually make the DLC work with multiple IDs instead of just its proper copy. And considering they didn't say anything about it until people started noticing, and that they obviously knew people import those LE, they really should. They should just get off their asses and talk with KTAmerica and try to get it sorted. Their stance so far has been "Let me check... Yep, it doesn't work, sorry. Format your memory card and play it on a different account."

And of course there's nothing to prove it. First of all, probably a very small amount of people tried it with games published by the same company in both regions. For example, people might try with an XSEED game that's published by NISA in europe but not with Toukiden.
If different companies are involved it's obvious why they'd have no incentive to make it cross-region but E&L is a game published by the exact same company in both regions (the physical copy is also Region:All) that kinda fucked up by purposely staying silent about a practice never seen in the series before.

VLiberty

It should have a breakdown of how much space everything is taking up.

It's 166 gb of used space and 159gb of free space, my question is whether this is ok or not.

I mean, I was expecting something along the lines of 400-410. 326gb of available spce seems far too low

Chuy

I honestly thought Gravity Rush came out later in February and not the same day as Digimon. This might pose a problem...

Also i'm having issues share playing Rocket League with a friend and keep getting a error "Guest must sign in" or something to that affect. Any ideas?

Cross posting from the previous thread:
So regarding the UMvC3 thing does anybody know if there were game modes tied to being dlc for the vita version? Only reason i haven't gone through deleting the game data for it so i can get rid of the annoying pop-up issue.

Ah, that new thread smell. Nothing huge for me in this month, Sony-wise at least. There's some cool sounding stuff in the line-up, but nothing that I'm willing to pay full price for to increase my backlog. Still, I look forward to picking up some of these on sale in the future.

I'll just get Digimon since that what my wallet can afford. The reviews and early impressions of the game aren't bad so I'll get it.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hopefully this thread won't be filled with shitposts etc...

jvm

Gamasutra.
Man, I haven't been able to stop playing The Swindle. Such a good game. Reminds me of Steamworld Dig.

Too bad the lag gets really bad on later levels. I'm not actually sure the game is possible on PSV. I need to see how the PS4 version runs, since it has cross-save.

Anyone else played it and have thoughts?

Also, any update on:
  • Axiom Verge PSV
  • That other Steamworld game, but for PS platforms...

My plan is to get Trails of Cold Steel, Digimon, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Firewatch, this month :D

Im also planning to switch to my JP account to try some demos (hero must die the 10th and hopefully a Attack on Titan demo before the full game comes out).

Do we have a date for Invisible inc on PS4?

It's 166 gb of used space and 159gb of free space, my question is whether this is ok or not.

I mean, I was expecting something along the lines of 400-410. 326gb of available spce seems far too low

I have ~400 GB on my PS4. 260GB games and 140GB free. Maybe try rebuilding the database? Could be that some corrupted/temp data is lying around somewhere I guess.

EDIT: The 3 day difference between EU and NA Digimon dates is bullshit

RK128

Also, any update on:
  • Axiom Verge PSV
  • That other Steamworld game, but for PS platforms...

I think the developers for Axiom Verge gave an update on everything about the Vita versions sometime early this year, something along the lines of core issues holding the Vita version back being fixed and progress on the version coming along nicely. Wouldn't be surprised (and personally hope) if it releases the middle of the month.

Didn't hear anything about Steamworld Heist on Vita/PS4 but I think that should be coming sometime in March/April. That was around the time Steamworld Dig released on all platforms so that being the case for Heist is likely too.

It depends how long the studio worked on the port or not. If they worked on it alongside the 3DS version? Likely coming out sooner (Feb). Started working on it early this year? March/April.

ryseing

Since it's not a full release I wouldn't expect it to be on the calendar but the big Dying Light expansion comes out next week along with a massive patch with improvements and enhancements.

If you have a PS4 and haven't played this game I highly recommend you do so. The parkour is sublime and the day/night cycle is a really unique twist on the zombie formula, where there are zombies that are faster and better at fighting than you are.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I think the developers for Axiom Verge gave an update on everything about the Vita versions sometime early this year, something along the lines of core issues holding the Vita version back being fixed and progress on the version coming along nicely. Wouldn't be surprised (and personally hope) if it releases the middle of the month.

Didn't hear anything about Steamworld Heist on Vita/PS4 but I think that should be coming sometime in March/April. That was around the time Steamworld Dig released on all platforms so that being the case for Heist is likely too.

It depends how long the studio worked on the port or not. If they worked on it alongside the 3DS version? Likely coming out sooner (Feb). Started working on it early this year? March/April.
Thanks, RK128. You're always such a pleasant, polite poster. :) And informative too!

I'm glad to hear AV is still coming. I worry about it...

Clive

Good month for me. Four retail games, Digimon Vita, Gundam Extreme vs Force import Vita, Gravity Rush Remastered and Fire Emblem Fates. Then a few indies maybe based on reception and price.

RK128

Remember when I said I'm playing through the Sonic series again in an earlier post? Decided to boot up Gems Collection (GC game that has Sonic R, Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters and a few Game Gear games) and ended up spending a good half hour playing Sonic R XD!

Surprised at how much fun I had, considering the control was a big issue when I originally got the collection. The soundtrack is amazing, the visuals have a charm to them, and the tracks are decent. Surprised at how solid the controls are and using the big L/R buttons on the GC controller does wonders in making drifting/tight turns feel smoother.

This is not a PSN related topic, so sorry for going off topic but I had a lot of fun with this :). Going to try and do more in the game tomorrow (unlocking other characters and getting the rest of the Chaos Emeralds).

RK128

Is it safe to update yet? I want to download Digimon and Crypt of the Necrodancer :<

The issue is mainly affecting Vita 1000 owners and from my experience, I am having no issues since updating my Vita (1000 model). Do it at your own risk but I'm having no issues, if that means anything or helps make you feel better.

If you have your Wifi off or set your Vita to Airplane mode when in stand-by, it should be fine regardless if you update or not.

Hope you enjoy Digimon and Crypt of the Necrodancer on Tuesday :D!

Xenoflare

Is it safe to update yet? I want to download Digimon and Crypt of the Necrodancer :<

The issue is mainly affecting Vita 1000 owners and from my experience, I am having no issues since updating my Vita (1000 model). Do it at your own risk but I'm having no issues, if that means anything or helps make you feel better.

If you have your Wifi off or set your Vita to Airplane mode when in stand-by, it should be fine regardless if you update or not.

Hope you enjoy Digimon and Crypt of the Necrodancer on Tuesday :D!

I‘m on a 2000 and experiencing problems. If you can try to download a game to a PS3 and load it up there.

Xenoflare

Thought it only affected 1000 users.....that sucks :(. I hope they release a new patch that fixes these issues soon.

The store issue seems to be a server end problem about certificates, I'm not sure.

But the battery has everything to do with WiFi, it's preventing the system to go to sleep mode. When you put it on sleep mode the green light stays solid and doesn't flash and then go off.

Digimon and the import version of Gundam Extreme Vs. Force (if it does indeed release in February) this month for me. And any indies that pop up on Vita.

Also getting Gravity Rush remastered for my other half!

VLiberty

I have ~400 GB on my PS4. 260GB games and 140GB free. Maybe try rebuilding the database? Could be that some corrupted/temp data is lying around somewhere I guess.

EDIT: The 3 day difference between EU and NA Digimon dates is bullshit

Apparently, the PS4 storage manager is counting only some of the games in the download queue. I think it's tied to how many seconds they've been in download. The actual total is around 400, phew. Thanks for the reply btw

I'm making my way through the download list, I don't think I've ever bought a console with so much games available from the get go lol, and if I weren't a portable player, there would have been all the cross buy games as well.

Zhao_Yun

Only Digimon for me this month. I'll probably have to wait until next week though since I am importing from the UK ;<

Zhao_Yun

Why is that? It seemed kind of expensive in the UK to me. You can get it for 42€ in Germany. (Here with code 4u2xmas)

Mainly because I usually refuse to buy anything with the USK sigil on it. Used a 10% code at TGC and it went down to 32GBP with shipping, which is about 42€ as well.

Mainly because I usually refuse to buy anything with the USK sigil on it. Used a 10% code at TGC and it went down to 32GBP with shipping, which is about 42€ as well.

Yeah I assumed that's the reason :). Forgot about the TGC code a while ago as well!

shmoglish

Crypt and Unravel at Release (I guess. Whats The Price for Crypt?), Firewatch is a maybe now maybe later game and Digimon a game for march (sitting in the train+playing diginon=great).

Playing FF7 for the first time. Too early on to make a new LTTP thread for it. Not seeing the "best RPG ever" hype, but I'm liking the story and gameplay more than I thought I would. Plus, except for the painful overworld character models, the game actually looks good on Vita.

Worth the five bucks so far, but I do somewhat regret not getting FF6 as my first FF instead. Oh well, that's 10 bucks itself anyways.

Playing FF7 for the first time. Too early on to make a new LTTP thread for it. Not seeing the "best RPG ever" hype, but I'm liking the story and gameplay more than I would. Plus, except for the painful overworld character models, the game actually looks good on Vita.

Worth the five bucks so far, but I do somewhat regret not getting FF6 as my first FF instead. Oh well, that's 10 bucks itself anyways.

Honestly, I think there's some truth that for a lot of people, "Best RPG ever" is synonymous with "First RPG ever". Don't get me wrong, FF7 was really good, but it's also where the FF series seemed to explode into the mainstream, and it was a lot of people's first big JRPG. So that "Best RPG ever" thing is probably pretty strongly backed by a lot of nostalgia.

The rule of thumb often seems to be that if you started playing at 7, your favorite is 7. If you started playing before 7, your favorite is 6. And if you actually have good taste, your favorite is

RK128

Playing FF7 for the first time. Too early on to make a new LTTP thread for it. Not seeing the "best RPG ever" hype, but I'm liking the story and gameplay more than I would. Plus, except for the painful overworld character models, the game actually looks good on Vita.

It still doesn't 'grab me' like I wanted it too considering its legacy but I like it for what it is; a fun JRPG that has great music, a likable cast and a story that more interesting as you play.

Give it time, it will click with you :).

Honestly, I think there's some truth that for a lot of people, "Best RPG ever" is synonymous with "First RPG ever". Don't get me wrong, FF7 was really good, but it's also where the FF series seemed to explode into the mainstream, and it was a lot of people's first big JRPG. So that "Best RPG ever" thing is probably pretty strongly backed by a lot of nostalgia.

The rule of thumb often seems to be that if you started playing at 7, your favorite is 7. If you started playing before 7, your favorite is 6. And if you actually have good taste, your favorite is

My tastes are rather niche in games so I wasn't expecting to like it as much as everyone else anyway, but thought that I should give it a try nonetheless if only for how popular it is.

Top Bottom