• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

Ludens

Banned
Are the PSN versions of Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9 good and do they play well on Vita? I have 7 and 8 on Steam but I remember hearing about them using an inferior version of the soundtrack (might have changed).

I didn't even realise there was a sale on, glad I didn't miss out on the Bloodborne DLC discount after tomorrow.
? On PC the ost is different, PSX version has the original one.

Massa

The PAC-MAN game on sale ($1.24) is listed for PSP and PS3. Does anyone know if it can be transferred to the Vita?

So, uh... looks like we got "extra" PS+ games. We were supposed to only get Nova-111 for Vita, but the PS3 and PS4 versions are also included.

jVx2EWR.jpg

zH8k3KZ.jpg

deadfolk

Do you like turn-based JRPGs? Do you like catching monsters and making them more powerful as part of your team? It looks like a high quality product but I don't think the style of game appeals to everyone.

It's coming to both Europe and America as a digital-only title. An English retail version exists in Asia.

Sounds like it could be up my alley. Thanks - I'll look into it some more.

SiDCrAzY

Is dragon ball z battle of z on vita any good? I'm a fan of DBZ, but I've never been that into the fighting games. It's so cheap though <_<

RK128

The PAC-MAN game on sale ($1.24) is listed for PSP and PS3. Does anyone know if it can be transferred to the Vita?

If that is the Mini's version of Championship Edition.....then no sadly :(. I tried this when I first got my Vita and it didn't work :'(.

It worked during the great glitch of 2014 but not otherwise.

So while I was changing some settings I randomly decided to try activating PSM again on my month-old Vita. Guess what, it worked! I was able to transfer one of my games back from my PC and run it! So if anyone else got stuck without PSM, I would recommend trying to activate it again.

Reset

Is dragon ball z battle of z on vita any good? I'm a fan of DBZ, but I've never been that into the fighting games. It's so cheap though <_<

I played the campaign by myself(No online help), and I had to grind a lot. Once you reach the Cell saga there's a difficulty spike and I had to do some old missions over and over again to level up/get more cards. The battle system is ok, it's no where near as good as the Budokai series or even the BT series. But it's not horrible.

For $5 I'd say go for it, unless you have a PS3 and then I'd recommend that version instead.

Zhao_Yun

Too bad the custom soundtrack feature didn't make it into the console versions =/ How well did it work on PC?

Are the PSN versions of Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9 good and do they play well on Vita? I have 7 and 8 on Steam but I remember hearing about them using an inferior version of the soundtrack (might have changed).

I didn't even realise there was a sale on, glad I didn't miss out on the Bloodborne DLC discount after tomorrow.

7, 8 and 9 should be fine. I can't recommend 6 since the PS1 port has horrible load times.
I think there are some unofficial patches for the soundtracks on the PC version.

SiDCrAzY

I played the campaign by myself(No online help), and I had to grind a lot. Once you reach the Cell saga there's a difficulty spike and I had to do some old missions over and over again to level up/get more cards. The battle system is ok, it's no where near as good as the Budokai series or even the BT series. But it's not horrible.

For $5 I'd say go for it, unless you have a PS3 and then I'd recommend that version instead.

Thanks for the input, I do have a PS3, but I don't game on it as much as my Vita.

Massa

If that is the Mini's version of Championship Edition.....then no sadly :(. I tried this when I first got my Vita and it didn't work :'(.

It worked during the great glitch of 2014 but not otherwise.

That's a shame. :( Thanks for the info RK.

So while I was changing some settings I randomly decided to try activating PSM again on my month-old Vita. Guess what, it worked! I was able to transfer one of my games back from my PC and run it! So if anyone else got stuck without PSM, I would recommend trying to activate it again.

Indeed, worked on my PSTV! Now all my three systems have PSM, thanks!

Ended up getting Digimon on the Vita, but was only able to put in around 2hrs into it. Game looks great. Idk when I'll be able to play again though...

Xenoflare

Cyber Sleuth feels like the most SMT game from a non-atlus publisher/studio.

The fact that it uses Devil Survivor's character illustrator isn't helping me drawing connections other than SMT.

Oh FFS
Voice of Elizabeth (Miyuki Sawashiro) telling me to jump into a TV

Flunkie

Banned
Guys... I gotta choose.

Digimon

or

DT2 + Lost Song?

Also: existing owners of Helldivers don't get all the expansions like PS+ people who haven't gotten the game before now do. That's really dumb, punishing early adopters.

quabba

Is there a way to avoid the vita battery drain? Mine was fine until two days ago. I turned airplane mode on after it happened the first time but just picked up my vita and it's flat again :(

Saphirax

Guys... I gotta choose.

Digimon

or

DT2 + Lost Song?

Also: existing owners of Helldivers don't get all the expansions like PS+ people who haven't gotten the game before now do. That's really dumb, punishing early adopters.

That's a little difficult. Not a big fan of SAO, but from what I read it's not as meaty as HR was.

DT2 is amazing (fanservice aside). One of the best DRPGs on the Vita and one of the more lengthier games in general. The post game is huge - bigger than the main game and the dungeons get insane. Can be difficult at times.

Digimon - people seem to love it, both as a Digimon game and as an rpg. It also has a good story with decent twists. However, the Vita version needs a patch since some of the features that are in the ps4 version are missing.

Qvoth

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but the shortcut to ps+ stuff from dashboard is gone?
i'm pretty sure normally if i press up and left after logging in on my ps4 i'm at the ps+ hub
wtzgU.gif

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Guys... I gotta choose.

Digimon

or

DT2 + Lost Song?

Digimon + One Piece UWR or one of Katamari if you dont have already them

redcrayon

My Vita seems to drain it's battery really fast in standby after the last update.

Has anyone isolated whether its down to wifi, the Vita not entering sleep properly, if there's any suggestions, something like that? I used to be able to leave it for a week, but now it dies while in sleep mode in my bag at work for a few hours. Sure, I can turn it off when I'm done, but I like the instant resume.

maouvin

My Vita seems to drain it's battery really fast in standby after the last update.

Has anyone isolated whether its down to wifi, the Vita not entering sleep properly, if there's any suggestions, something like that? I used to be able to leave it for a week, but now it dies while in sleep mode in my bag at work for a few hours. Sure, I can turn it off when I'm done, but I like the instant resume.

Keeping the Vita on airplane mode is making the battery last like it should for me. Until a patch comes out I'm just getting online when I really need it.

Zhao_Yun

Hm.. I seem to be one of the few ones who haven't encountered any issues with the 3.57 firmware. Was able access the store normally and standby still works as usual. I have a Japanese Vita-1000 if that matters.

deadfolk

Digimon looks amazing now I've done a little research.

Quick question: is the day-1 DLC of the type where you can grab it when you don't have the game yet or is it just bundled with the game? I've blown my February budget already, but I don't want to miss out.

Saphirax

Digimon looks amazing now I've done a little research.

Quick question: is the day-1 DLC of the type where you can grab it when you don't have the game yet or is it just bundled with the game? I've blown my February budget already, but I don't want to miss out.

It says bundle on the store so I assume the DLC is bundled with the game.

Get it now :D! It is a great JRPG even if you don't like the IP. Its mechanics are deep, you have a massive amount of content to dive into and the amount of combat options makes every encounter enjoyable.

The Vita version has Engerish Translation while the PS4 has much better translation but outside of a few perks (a new story segment for the PS4 version, online play) the Vita version is still a great version to get. I would recommend both, as you can transfer your Vita save to the PS4.

Well, you sold me and I wasn't even the one asking. Picked up the PS4 version, and it's downloading now.

Benedict

FFX is great, it's the best turn based rpg on Vita and the best FF. You can ignore X-2 though.
Turns out I really hate Tidus, and since he is a big part of the game. Well... It's one of the worst FF because of having to see that spoiled brat throughout the game.

RK128

Well, you sold me and I wasn't even the one asking. Picked up the PS4 version, and it's downloading now.

I hope you enjoy the game then :D! Like I said to another Gaffer, if you need any help, feel free to PM me :). Loved the game on Vita and I know alot about it :D.

Chopper

Hi guys. Quick question. I can pop into the Nintendo Downloads thread at about 9am every Monday morning to find out what the week's eShop releases are gonna be here in the UK. Is there an equivalent time the info is released here? Cos I never fucking know what's coming out on PSN.

Saphirax

Hi guys. Quick question. I can pop into the Nintendo Downloads thread at about 9am every Monday morning to find out what the week's eShop releases are gonna be here in the UK. Is there an equivalent time the info is released here? Cos I never fucking know what's coming out on PSN.

Check the OP.

Massa

Is there a weekly press release? Or do I have to intermittently check the OP or the blog? Is the list in the OP US?

They have a blog post called "The Drop" on the weekend and then another post with all the details when the store is officially updated on Tuesday.

Benedict

That's only for the US blog. EU doesn't have The Drop.

EU doesn't even have trickle.
It's a desert nowadays...

New sale according to blog that says nothing at all regarding percent.
Seems like Mass Effect 2 DLC is on sale, which it's not on the US sale. ME3 DLC only there and no ME2 DLC

Reset

Turns out I really hate Tidus, and since he is a big part of the game. Well... It's one of the worst FF because of having to see that spoiled brat throughout the game.

How was he a spoiled brat? I mean if he was a spoiled brat, he wouldn't let other people have the spot light or put the group's objective first.

ZeroCoin

Thoughts on Battle of Z? I'm considering picking up both Xenoverse and Battle of Z since I haven't played a dragon ball game since the PS2 era. Worth getting the Vita version, or does Xenoverse check all the boxes I probably want and then some?

Xenoflare

Digimon is really amazing, I love what I'm experiencing so far

It's the wifi. It is preventing the system going to sleep. If you have a vita 2000 you'll see your power light is always solid green even when the screen is off. Turning off wifi solved this problem for me. But there goes my automatic save uploads

Saphirax

Grand Kingdom release date - June 21 (NA), June 17 (EU)

Grand edition:
Grand Kingdom for PS4 or PS Vita
Grand Opus: The Official Compendium of Resonail

Full color hardcover art book
128 Gilded pages
Faux leather texture cover

15-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
Parade poster (28.5&#8243; x 14&#8243;)
Lillia poster (20&#8243; x 28.5&#8243;)
Cloth map poster (26&#8243; x 15&#8243;)
6 Lapel pin set
6 Mini art prints (5&#8243; x 7&#8243;)
Transparent decal sticker sheet (6&#8243; x 10&#8243;)
Collector&#8217;s box

Launch Day Edition for EU:
Grand-Kingdom_02-03-16_EU-600x566.jpg

32-page art book
5-track soundtrack CD

There's also a Limited Edition:

Benedict

Somebody knows if the save for Mass Effect is transferable through different regions between games?
So if I play Mass Effect that I bought on my US PSN account and then continue with ME 2 that I have on my EU PSN account and then again play ME 3 that I bought on my US account?

All will be played with my EU profile.

Saphirax

Somebody knows if the save for Mass Effect is transferable through different regions between games?
So if I play Mass Effect that I bought on my US PSN account and then continue with ME 2 that I have on my EU PSN account and then again play ME 3 that I bought on my US account?

All will be played with my EU profile.

Saves are region specific, so it wouldn't work.

Grand Kingdom release date - June 21 (NA), June 17 (EU)

Grand edition:
Grand-Kingdom_02-03-16_NA-600x463.jpg

Grand Opus: The Official Compendium of Resonail

Full color hardcover art book
128 Gilded pages
Faux leather texture cover

15-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
Parade poster (28.5&#8243; x 14&#8243;)
Lillia poster (20&#8243; x 28.5&#8243;)
Cloth map poster (26&#8243; x 15&#8243;)
6 Lapel pin set
6 Mini art prints (5&#8243; x 7&#8243;)
Transparent decal sticker sheet (6&#8243; x 10&#8243;)
Collector’s box

Launch Day Edition for EU:
Grand-Kingdom_02-03-16_EU-600x566.jpg

32-page art book
5-track soundtrack CD

There's also a Limited Edition:

This looks soooo nice. But with basic shipping and all this would be $150 CAD for my Vita. I'll have to think long and hard about this one.

Top Bottom