• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Saves were bigger and bigger because they had to store the position of each single thing, even useless junk, i think no one would cry if bethesda would decide to cut this feature making things respawning in their default place to make the game lighter.

Did Bethesda release a single PSP game? Heck, did they release a single DS game?

I'd play Fallout 3 on Vita, but no way it's happening.

Um.....1FPS per second ;)? 15FPS the highest frame rate with it dipping into 5FPS consistently?

They WERE going to make an Elder Scrolls for the PSP but that was scrapped for some reason.

Yeah TES Travels IIRC
pspoblvion1.jpg

I would take this as is without any graphics upgrades.

TOTP:
buy trails of cold steel!

Jacqli

I do not spend much time on gaming nowadays and I have a huge backlog. Also, for this generation, I decided to build a PC two years ago (perhaps needs an update or take a risk with overclock) so I have been playing titles like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4, which means that I am not in a hurry to "jump in" this generation.

The thing is that I can't stop thinking about Uncharted 4. Uncharted was one of my favourites series from the past generation (that I still own all the consoles and I will play with them for a long time to be honest) and this last trailer left me speechless. I need more Uncharted.

But I do not know if I should get a PS4 (even second hand is fine, as long as it's in good condition and much cheaper) just for this title and despise of what I said. Besides, I do want to try Until Dawn and Bloodborne out, but the rest of the titles that I am interested in are still in development and, perhaps, I should wait a bit longer.
And I almost forgot, but VR is also a big thing but I fear how Sony usually handle their accessories. But it seems to be the most unexpensive alternative.

I hate myself in these occasions. :( So weak.

Saphirax

"Native PSP store to close on 3/31. Content purchases still accessible at http://store.playstation.com"

People assume the tweet is about Vita.
People are blind.

I noticed that Double Dragon II had a late-week release last week. Has anyone picked it up? How does it compare to the first DD's release on PS4?

Yeah I saw that. I've been considering picking it up. BTW - this is the fantastic write up for it on the PSN Store:

In order to avenge lover, Billy and Jimmy will use their signature move to challenge the armed groups of the mystery. In this game, users can use a variety of skills than previous work 'DOUBLE DRAGON', and enjoy scuffles that are power up.

VLiberty

"Native PSP store to close on 3/31. Content purchases still accessible at http://store.playstation.com"

People assume the tweet is about Vita.
People are blind.

It's probably the third or fourth time I read this news over the last 18 months. I guess it's not dead yet in some regions?

Who cares anyway. Download list is the big deal and that isn't going anywhere.

Saphirax

It's probably the third or fourth time I read this news over the last 18 months. I guess it's not dead yet in some regions?

Who cares anyway. Download list is the big deal and that isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, was already known for EU. The tweet is about the US and Japanese stores.

Amazon.de has changed the estimated delivery time of Odin Sphere from 4-7 July to 28-29 June.

Yay I guess?
Actually, the release date changed from June 30th (popular placeholder), to June 24th. amazon.de dates for NISA games are usually legit, but since it's still a while away a lot could change.

Wouldn't be surprised if it actually does release on that day though

Takao

Banned
Ok guys i know i shouldn't be hyped, that my hopes will be badly crushed and all the rest, but i can't stop thinking that Fallout 3 may come to Vita!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191895

Apparently a Fallout 3 remaster or something similar is coming, i guess we all agree that it makes no sense to re-release FO3 on PS4 and XB1 after FO4, on NX one would expect a port of FO4... Mobile maybe? But isn't FO3 too big and complex? I can only think of a Vita port, after all we are already getting civ rev 2, ac chronicles and maybe xcom(when!?!?!?)

giphy.gif

There's probably a number larger than 10 that would be willing to buy Too Human on XB1/PS4. This is the gen of selling people games they already bought.

Clive

Assassin's Creed Chronicles is if I'm not mistaken built with the same engine as other wonderful Vita Ubisoft ports. Civilization Rev2+ and Xcom have mobile versions and should therefore be easy to port to the Vita.

Fallout 3 is built with an engine incompatible with everything. It's just not gonna happen.

Takao

Banned
Assassin's Creed Chronicles is if I'm not mistaken built with the same engine as other wonderful Vita Ubisoft ports. Civilization Rev2+ and Xcom have mobile versions and should therefore be easy to port to the Vita.

Fallout 3 is built with an engine incompatible with everything. It's just not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure AssCreed Chronicles runs on Unreal Engine 3. Same with XCOM.

Doesn't Catherine run on the same engine as Bethesda's last gen games?

Clive

I'm pretty sure AssCreed Chronicles runs on Unreal Engine 3.
Seems you're right. I could have sworn I read it was using the UbiArt engine. Maybe it was someone assuming. It running on Unreal 3 makes me more worried about the Vita release.

RedBoot

PS2 game? It was released on PS4 about 3 months ago

They definitely changed the release date on the US store, and it showed up in the "New this Week" section. No clue why they did it, as it came out over here several months ago as well.

I bought it when it came out, and I haven't been prompted for an update or anything, so who knows?

nampad

Seems you're right. I could have sworn I read it was using the UbiArt engine. Maybe it was someone assuming. It running on Unreal 3 makes me more worried about the Vita release.

Do we know who is doing the Vita port? The game was developed by Climax Studios, which also did Smart As for Vita. Smart As also ran on Unreal Engine 3 and there weren't any problems.

RK128

Assassin's Creed Chronicles Vita footage
https://youtu.be/fL4-7v4pVtc

It could of looked worse......but glad it runs well and appears to retain its stylized look from the HD versions :). When it comes out in NA, will consider giving this a shot.

Fun Fact: This was supposed to be a Prince of Perisa game but Ubisoft told Climax to convert the project to use the Assassins Creed IP.

climaxstudiosscreenshot2.jpg

1366062848-12.jpg

Prelude.

Looks kinda rough.
Kinda, it's not super good looking to begin with. When I was looking for Vita footage a few days ago I had to doube check if the PS4 version wasn't actually the Vita's because of those textures. Maybe it's just that starting area that's not very flattering.

Top Bottom