• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

Shinriji

I'm expecting cut backs with Vita versions, but some games handle it better than others. I mean, all the games I listed will be fine for me and I'll be buying them all on Vita regardless, but for example Attack on Titan - the texture pop-in is absolutely insane, I'm sure they could've done something different with that. Same with Yoru - it seems playable, but it's taken a massive graphical hit AND it's unstable. Either keep the graphics toned down and get it running smoothly or tone up the graphics and just take the hit on the gameplay, not the weird hybrid in between that they seemed to go for.

If you are talking about framerate,Yoru ni Kai Kuni is not unstable. I played for about 10 hours, and besides some drops here and there, Yoru runs perfectly fine. And complaining about pop-in in musou games?

(edit: Nvm, I just checked a gameplay video online and yep, the Unity logo was there. Whyyyyy? And why does this engine continually run so poorly on Vita?)

Still, most of Bamco's cheaper licenced stuff runs like crap. I just finished Mahouka (enjoyed it by the way) and it was littered with slowdown throughout. From what I've seen of World Trigger, it looks fine.

Not every Unity game runs terribly. The latest Unity games that I played runs OK (Nobunaga 201X and Gundam Conquest). But it is an engine that isn't fitted to run vita games. Most of unity games runs with unlocked framerates (so it actually spend 5% of the time in 60FPS and 95% in 30FPS or less, and fluctuate wildly, even when nothing is happening on screen) and have long loading times (on every system, like PS4 and IOS). It just don't play well with the vita strengths.

If you are talking about framerate,Yoru ni Kai Kuni is not unstable. I played for about 10 hours, and besides some drops here and there, Yoru runs perfectly fine. And complaining about pop-in in musou games?

I'm used to asset pop in for musou games. And Attack on Titan has plenty of that too. It was the texture pop-in that seems extreme (goes from PS1-era textures to PS3-era textures in one shot) that seems new for this game.

Powwa

Digimon finally arrived today, apparently they sent it on time!

By the way what's the consensus on Aegis of Earth, is it fun? I've found a cheap pre-order so I'm considering it. If anyone has experience with it I'd appreciate some feedback.

Could use some help ..

I'm looking for open environment games without a lot of controls. I want to find some games my 4 year old niece can help me with. We've had success so far with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Rocket League, and Grow Home. Conversely, Zen Pinball and Lego Marvel Avengers (too many controls) have been a failure.

Also - what exactly is this Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition that's on sale on PSN right now? Do I need to have the previous games? Do I need to have the little figurines?

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Digimon finally arrived today, apparently they sent it on time!

By the way what's the consensus on Aegis of Earth, is it fun? I've found a cheap pre-order so I'm considering it. If anyone has experience with it I'd appreciate some feedback.
If you like tower defense games then go for it

killatopak

Gold Member
So I mentioned that I got back on playing my Vita. So I got back to getting my plat on P4G. The only trophy that I need is that Hardcore Rise fan. Seems I'm not hardcore enough so I bought Dancing All Night instead. Had fun but I feel that it doesn't have enough tracks in it. Any good DLCs songs to buy?

Edit: It seems I also bought the wrong region. My cart's a region 3 one so I gotta ask if I can still buy dlcs because my account is a region 1 account.

So I mentioned that I got back on playing my Vita. So I got back to getting my plat on P4G. The only trophy that I need is that Hardcore Rise fan. Seems I'm not hardcore enough so I bought Dancing All Night instead. Had fun but I feel that it doesn't have enough tracks in it. Any good DLCs songs to buy?

Edit: It seems I also bought the wrong region. My cart's a region 3 one so I gotta ask if I can still buy dlcs because my account is a region 1 account.

No, you can't buy the DLC as DLC is region locked (save for a few special cases of which this is not one).

Prelude.

Assuming that's the asian english version, it should be compatible with a US account. They have the same game ID.
You can try downloading a free DLC, if it installs it's compatible.

No, you can't buy the DLC as DLC is region locked (save for a few special cases of which this is not one).
You sure?

Assuming that's the asian english version, it should be compatible with a US account. They have the same game ID.
You can try downloading a free DLC, if it installs it's compatible.

You sure?

I thought P4D was a different ID for each region? I admit I could be wrong though, as I don't follow those things too closely.

Powwa

I'm glad someone got their order, because I still haven't. No memory card. No Digmon. No Setsuna. No NOTHIN'. I have disappoint. ;K

Yeah I was starting to worry, but it arrived. I won't able to play it yet though, still have Cold Steel and SS: Delta to finish. When did you order yours?

Btw, I don't know if it was mentioned but EU DLC definitely works with Asian copy of Digimon.

RK128

I really like getting an email asking me to review a game that I still have yet to receive after 3 weeks.

That sucks :(. Is it a retail game or a review code? If its the former, I don't know how I can help. But if its a review code, you could ask the publication or developers/publishers for the review code or something. If they understand your situation, I'm sure they would understand :).

I hope this helps somewhat and that you get the game soon.

That sucks :(. Is it a retail game or a review code? If its the former, I don't know how I can help. But if its a review code, you could ask the publication or developers/publishers for the review code or something. If they understand your situation, I'm sure they would understand :).

I hope this helps somewhat and that you get the game soon.

It's Digimon from PlayAsia lol.

RK128

It's Digimon from PlayAsia lol.

Oh.....I can't give you any advice at all then X(.

Maybe you could respond to the email saying something like "I cannot get the game yet due to my import not coming through right now. I will be able to send you something within the week though. Hope you understand."

Not likely to help anyhow but it could stall sometime. I'm sorry you are stuck dealing with this :(. Hope you get the game soon and that PlayAsia gets their act together.

Prelude.

I almost got my VG+ copy, it's here but it's probably/hopefully gonna take a few more days.
The chinese new year fucked things a little bit.

Is it even still in production in the west? I can find one retailer that has stock of new PS TV's in the UK.

I still see them here and there in Toronto, Canada. Nothing crazy though, and obviously as per Sony fashion, there's no marketing whatsoever for them. They just tend to be in some remote corner of a Best Buy for example.

I still see them here and there in Toronto, Canada. Nothing crazy though, and obviously as per Sony fashion, there's no marketing whatsoever for them. They just tend to be in some remote corner of a Best Buy for example.

It does seem to me that retailers are having no new stock ordered, only selling stuff they've already bought. Retailers that used to have them new (Grainger/Shopto/Smyth's) haven't ordered any replacements.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok guys i know i shouldn't be hyped, that my hopes will be badly crushed and all the rest, but i can't stop thinking that Fallout 3 may come to Vita!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191895

Apparently a Fallout 3 remaster or something similar is coming, i guess we all agree that it makes no sense to re-release FO3 on PS4 and XB1 after FO4, on NX one would expect a port of FO4... Mobile maybe? But isn't FO3 too big and complex? I can only think of a Vita port, after all we are already getting civ rev 2, ac chronicles and maybe xcom(when!?!?!?)

giphy.gif

SerTapTap

Playstation TV ends production in Japan via Gematsu. Wonder if
/when
Sony will pull the plug here also.

I still can't believe they went for the set top box angle in Japan for the poor thing. I adore the portable games on TV angle, but they handled it wrong in so many different ways. Oh well, at least it exists and I have it, unlike the nonexistent 3DS equivalent.

Also, has Sony literally EVER done a PS4+ Vita/TV bundle (not counting retailer ones)? Sony's so weird sometimes

Saphirax

Ok guys i know i shouldn't be hyped, that my hopes will be badly crushed and all the rest, but i can't stop thinking that Fallout 3 may come to Vita!

Apparently a Fallout 3 remaster or something similar is coming, i guess we all agree that it makes no sense to re-release FO3 on PS4 and XB1 after FO4, on NX one would expect a port of FO4... Mobile maybe? But isn't FO3 too big and complex? I can only think of a Vita port, after all we are already getting civ rev 2, ac chronicles and maybe xcom(when!?!?!?)

giphy.gif

Where have you been these past 2 years? :p It'll absolutely be for PS4/X1.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Where have you been these past 2 years? :p It'll absolutely be for PS4/X1.

Why?
Unlike other re-releases there are basically no reasons for a ps4/xb1 owner to buy FO3 after FO4 imo.

I already know that my hopes will be crushed :(

Saphirax

Why?
Unlike other re-releases there are basically no reasons for a ps4/xb1 owner to buy FO3 after FO4 imo.

Plenty of reasons. Some people never played FO3 and would like to play it, and then there are those who'd want to replay the game. They'll make more money by releasing a shinier version of FO3 for PS4 than they would have by releasing it for the Vita.

Why?

That's like saying the Nathan Drake Collection is pointless just because Uncharted 4 exists.

RK128

giphy.gif

Well, didn't the developers say they ported Skyrim to the X1 to test the engine or something? Maybe doing that with Fallout 3 could of happened as well. It would be stupid to not remaster Skyrium and Fallout 3 & New Vagas on current gen consoles.

I understand the felling of wanting something to come out on Vita.....been waiting since I got my Vita for some Sonic ports (Adventure 2, Sonic 1/2 Mobile, Sonic CD, ect) and even though that will never happen, I will never stop wanting that.

Keep on hoping and maybe it might land on Vita! Crazier things have happened (like Borderlands 2 Vita).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's like saying the Nathan Drake Collection is pointless just because Uncharted 4 exists.

Not the same at all:
1)uncharted games are somewhat linked, FO games are not
2)Uncharted collection released before UC4(that isn't even out yet)

Plenty of reasons. Some people never played FO3 and would like to play it, and then there are those who'd want to replay the game. They'll make more money by releasing a shinier version of FO3 for PS4 than they would have by releasing it for the Vita.
I guess they would make more money on PS4 but i'm not sure they would make a FO3 port, shouldn't they focus on the FO4 dlcs?

Well, didn't the developers say they ported Skyrim to the X1 to test the engine or something? Maybe doing that with Fallout 3 could of happened as well. It would be stupid to not remaster Skyrium and Fallout 3 & New Vagas on current gen consoles.

I understand the felling of wanting something to come out on Vita.....been waiting since I got my Vita for some Sonic ports (Adventure 2, Sonic 1/2 Mobile, Sonic CD, ect) and even though that will never happen, I will never stop wanting that.

Keep on hoping and maybe it might land on Vita! Crazier things have happened (like Borderlands 2 Vita).
Imo skyrim makes sense because is the last TEC game, but after FO3 were released NV and FO4 that expanded and improved FO3 in many ways, maybe FO3+NV makes sense but i'm not convinced.
Anyway wasn't FO4 made with their usual engine also used for Skyrim?

Saphirax

Not the same at all:
1)uncharted games are somewhat linked, FO games are not
2)Uncharted collection released before UC4(that isn't even out yet)

I guess they would make more money on PS4 but i'm not sure they would do that.

Imo skyrim makes sense because is the last TEC game, but after FO3 were released NV and FO4 that expanded and improved FO3 in many ways, maybe FO3+NV makes sense but i'm not convinced.
Anyway wasn't FO4 made with their usual engine?

I'd say FO4 being an improvement is highly subjective.

The game ran like ass on ps3, don't even want to imagine how it'd run on the vita. Doubt it'd sell well either.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bethesda can barely get a game running on PC let's not delude ourselves into thinking they can port to Vita.
I'd say FO4 being an improvement is highly subjective.

The game ran like ass on ps3, don't even want to imagine how it'd run on the vita. Doubt it'd sell well either.

I don't know about the sales, FO3 is a really old game(but so are civ rev 2 and xcom) so you may be right, and i agree on the performance, but i would get a borderlands 2 level FO3 port at d1.

RK128

Bethesda can barely get a game running on PC let's not delude ourselves into thinking they can port to Vita.

I can imagine the Vita going on fire trying to run Fallout 3 XD!

Bethesda's game run really badly on consoles, so I don't have faith they can do a good job with a console-to-handheld port well :(.

Saphirax

I can imagine the Vita going on fire trying to run Fallout 3 XD!

Bethesda's game run really badly on consoles, so I don't have faith they can do a good job with a console-to-handheld port well :(.

I still remember when I played FO3 - standing completely still, no enemy in sight and taking in my surroundings only to randomly get catapulted high into the air and fall down to my death.

Let's not even mention the save file sizes crashing the game constantly.

RK128

I still remember when I played FO3 - standing completely still, no enemy in sight and taking in my surroundings only to randomly get catapulted high into the air and fall down to my death.

Let's not even mention the save file sizes crashing the game constantly.

Honestly never bothered to play the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games on my PS3 due to fear of the games breaking my PS3. Heard horror stories of bad performance with both, making me think "Guess I won't touch these".

Saphirax

Honestly never bothered to play the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games on my PS3 due to fear of the games breaking my PS3. Heard horror stories of bad performance with both, making me think "Guess I won't touch these".

Yeah, games worked fine at the beginning (odd bugs aside), but the bigger your save file got the higher your chances were of them just freezing on you. FO3 would mostly likely brick a lot of vitas :p.

RK128

Yeah, games worked fine at the beginning (odd bugs aside), but the bigger your save file got the higher your chances were of them just freezing on you. FO3 would mostly likely brick a lot of vitas :p.

Man, its a shame; both appear to be great games but horrid performance drags both across the mud :l.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am i the only one who had no problems with FO3? Really i think i never had big problems with it, i think it crashed only 2 or 3 times and i played it a lot, in comparison Terraria on vita crashed many more and i lost my world too!

Did Bethesda release a single PSP game? Heck, did they release a single DS game?

I'd play Fallout 3 on Vita, but no way it's happening.

RK128

Yeah, no, Bethesda on Vita would set a new record for negative fps.

Um.....1FPS per second ;)? 15FPS the highest frame rate with it dipping into 5FPS consistently?

Did Bethesda release a single PSP game? Heck, did they release a single DS game?

I'd play Fallout 3 on Vita, but no way it's happening.

They WERE going to make an Elder Scrolls for the PSP but that was scrapped for some reason.

Top Bottom