• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

kng3025

Sorry for the newbish question, but how do I go about contacting a mod/staff about an issue I'm having? For the past two months, I haven't been able to send or receive private messages properly. Wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize in advance for any issues.

Sorry for the newbish question, but how do I go about contacting a mod/staff about an issue I'm having? For the past two months, I haven't been able to send or receive private messages properly. Wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize in advance for any issues.

You should try contacting an admin (the first group) from this list
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showgroups.php

Although if you can't send PMs at all that might be a bit difficult :p

Sondar

Just had an email from Iffy Europe about Trillion.

We are very pleased to announce that Trillion 1,000,000,000,000™: God of Destruction Limited Edition is coming to Iffy's European Online Store! Preorders will go live on Tuesday 8th March 2016 at 12PM GMT.

image_zpschjit0yo.png

Trillion 1,000,000,000,000™: God of Destruction Limited Edition

- Trillion 1,000,000,000,000: God of Destruction for the PlayStation®Vita system
- Trillion Sticker Set
- Trillion Official Artbook
- Trillion Official Soundtrack
- Reversible Cover Sheet
- Collector's Box

Trillion 1,000,000,000,000™: God of Destruction will launch its attack on 1st April in Europe.

I still think Sekai will deliver all those Vita ports in the end, or lose a significant amount of trust and basically their business.

They're just not the fastest, to put it nicely.

Christian

I still think Sekai will deliver all those Vita ports in the end, or lose a significant amount of trust and basically their business.

They're just not the fastest, to put it nicely.

I want to believe.

Mostly because I want to play ALL of those games. Oh, and because I don't want people that kicked in hard-earned dough to be left high and dry.

But mostly because I want to play all of those games.

What team was supposed to publish Clannad?

I want to believe.

Mostly because I want to play ALL of those games. Oh, and because I don't want people that kicked in hard-earned dough to be left high and dry.

But mostly because I want to play all of those games.

What team was supposed to publish Clannad?

The very same :p

3ctEiBI.png

Was that announced for the Vita though?

Arthos

Seems they overshipped it a bit

VGP still has stock as well

Thanks for mentioning this! I hadn't realized the game had been released and was disappointed when I saw it was out of stock on the main site. Glad I have a chance of getting a copy now!

Christian

Yeah, I Googled that shiz right after I asked. Sekai Project localized Clannad, but they never promised nor had any stretch goal related to a console version of the game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PS Now is perfect on PS4. The difference on Vita is night and day. A shame. Something like Sonic Generations is unplayble on Vita because of the input lag. It's likely it's just the difference between a wired and a wifi connection, but yeah it's a shame. My ideal handheld PS3 still eludes me.

Christian

It's been almost two weeks since I placed that SuperUFO for a 64GB memory card... Is this a typical wait time? I'm getting antsy. I have four games coming from Play-Asia, with the first shipping of them on February 6, and a memory card from SuperUFO, none of which have arrived. Why have you forsaken me, shippers of the world?!?

It's been almost two weeks since I placed that SuperUFO for a 64GB memory card... Is this a typical wait time? I'm getting antsy. I have four games coming from Play-Asia, with the first shipping of them on February 6, and a memory card from SuperUFO, none of which have arrived. Why have you forsaken me, shippers of the world?!?

I waited just a week with the cheapest shipping option.

Clive

Play-Asia should have some sort of tracking even with their cheapest shipping option. If you have a registered account then you should be able to log in and get a tracking number.

If the game was shipped was Digimon though, which the date Feb 6 suggests, then there was some sort of lie/mix-up which led many packages not to reaching Singapore Post until the 18th or something like that.

Shizuka

Play-Asia should have some sort of tracking even with their cheapest shipping option. If you have a registered account then you should be able to log in and get a tracking number.

If the game was shipped was Digimon though, which the date Feb 6 suggests, then there was some sort of lie/mix-up which led many packages not to reaching Singapore Post until the 18th or something like that.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1186982

Ya calling bull on that Feb 6th shipping date. Even if they had all the copies on hand, it's clear that many of them didn't actually ship out until they got back from break and all they did was create labels for everything before. Sucks even more that some of the people who got express shipping, didn't actually get it and ended up having their order thrown in with everyone else's, which they aren't even replying to emails about.

When my first few orders from them have arrived in Singapore in a matter of days, rather than almost 2 weeks later, something is clearly off. I mean if there was an issue with shipping, they should say so, not keep everyone in the dark and potentially lose out on customers.

incpdo

Hi guys! i have heard some gundam game was going to release on western seas and i cannot be in the shadows anymore . the anxiety is killing me!
I have solved some personal issues so im back in track with my shield and sword with the PS Vita logo carved in it.
So Glad to read you guys again!

Christian

I do not agree with him on the screen protector. I have that very item on my Vita-2000, it was a cinch to put on despite the 8371 tabs, and it's PERFECT. For the first time in my existence, I applied a screen protector without any bubbles or dust getting underneath. You can't even tell there's anything on, it's so perfect. Would recommend many times over.

I do not agree with him on the screen protector. I have that very item on my Vita-2000, it was a cinch to put on despite the 8371 tabs, and it's PERFECT. For the first time in my existence, I applied a screen protector without any bubbles or dust getting underneath. You can't even tell there's anything on, it's so perfect. Would recommend many times over.

Yep. The Hori one for Vita is the best one I've ever used.

SerTapTap

Y'all better be ready for Estival Versus. STrongly recommend the PS4 version over Vita. I'll be checking out both from my review but from playing the Japanese one it really does take proper advantage of the PS4 and looks/runs great.

I absolutely hate screen protectors after applying a ton in the DS era, but the Vita 2000 screen protectors go on great and look no uglier (since the screen indent is already very visible on the 2000), but the dent isn't as deep as the DS phat so it goes on easy.

Prelude.

Y'all better be ready for Estival Versus. STrongly recommend the PS4 version over Vita. I'll be checking out both from my review but from playing the Japanese one it really does take proper advantage of the PS4 and looks/runs great.
The PS4 version is missing fundamental Takaki controls, so Vita all the way.

I was thinking the other day that there's a disconnect in performance across some Vita/PS4 games that isn't present on other titles, but then I thought about it...

From what I can gather:

- Good Vita version = Atelier Sophie; Grand Kingdom; Odin Sphere; Summon Night etc.
- Problems with Vita version = Attack on Titan; Nights of Azure; Senran Kagura etc.

(Does anyone know how Utawarerumono turned out on Vita btw?)

Then it hit me that it's the type of game, really. The turn-based stuff seems to have been optimized fairly well, whereas action games can't maintain lower performance levels on Vita.

Makes me worry about Gundam Breaker 3 (2 was already struggling on Vita) and Ys, then.

At least the graphics are way better than Borderless Mission.

I thought Borderless Mission looked quite good?

Anyone else having trouble paying for stuff on PSN right now? I've been trying all day to purchase Far Cry Primal, later just resigning to trying to fill up my PSN wallet, with no success. Both my credit card and my PayPal account are getting rejected. Added another credit card, and it gets rejected too. This despite PSN withdrawing the funds needed to pay for my annual PS+ subscription yesterday, from my PayPal account.

Talked to Playstation Support on the phone, and they didn't seem to take me seriously at all. The only option they've left me with right now is to delete all payment info from my PSN account and leave it empty for 24 hours before trying again. This is an annoying way to start my weekend.

This is in Norway, btw.

Saphirax

Anyone else having trouble paying for stuff on PSN right now? I've been trying all day to purchase Far Cry Primal, later just resigning to trying to fill up my PSN wallet, with no success. Both my credit card and my PayPal account are getting rejected. Added another credit card, and it gets rejected too. This despite PSN withdrawing the funds needed to pay for my annual PS+ subscription yesterday, from my PayPal account.

Talked to Playstation Support on the phone, and they didn't seem to take me seriously at all. The only option they've left me with right now is to delete all payment info from my PSN account and leave it empty for 24 hours before trying again. This is an annoying way to start my weekend.

This is in Norway, btw.

Yeah, your account probably got locked out for 24 hours. It's Sony's silly fraud prevention system that tends to misfire a lot. The only thing you can do is wait. By repeatedly trying you're only resetting the 24 hour lock.

Yeah, your account probably got locked out for 24 hours. It's Sony's silly fraud prevention system that tends to misfire a lot. The only thing you can do is wait. By repeatedly trying you're only resetting the 24 hour lock.

Man, that's amazingly shitty. They didn't even have the decency to tell me this when I was on the phone with them, despite confirming my identity through their security questions.

Thanks for letting me know though. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to try again, and then I'm going to have to wait another few hours for the bloody game to download. *sigh*

Shinriji

.- Problems with Vita version = Attack on Titan; Nights of Azure; Senran Kagura etc.

I thought Borderless Mission looked quite good?

I really think that average expectation with vita games here on GAF, graphic-wise, are simply not attainable. Attack on titan runs like a good Musou game (based on videos, I didn't receive my copy yet), Senran Kagura EV is 30 FPS with some drops, just like Shinovi Vs, butt the same time it is way prettier. And when I played Yoru ni Kai Kuni on a real vita, I was pleasanlty surprised, because it was far from the hyperbole shouted here on GAF. It is not the prettiest game on vita, far from it, but I mean, expecting that a vita game holds up to a PS4 version graphically is delusional at best. Just like PSP games were from PS3 games or Neogeo games on a PS1.

PS - Borderless Mission, although fun, looks and runs like shit. 2 words: Unity game.

Billfisto

This is in Norway, btw.

Not just you. I'm in Canada and I'm also having trouble now checking out. Grabbed the Hitman preorder, then a bunch of the games on sale, and realized I missed something. Tried to check out again and it's giving me an error message that says "There was an error encountered and we were unable to show you your basket. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support."

Also, my download list all just says "Downloading" forever, despite some of the things being only like 4mb.

Not just you. I'm in Canada and I'm also having trouble now checking out. Grabbed the Hitman preorder, then a bunch of the games on sale, and realized I missed something. Tried to check out again and it's giving me an error message that says "There was an error encountered and we were unable to show you your basket. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support."

That's the exact same error I get when I try to pay with a credit card. If I use PayPal, the error is different but just as problematic. I've seen others mention they've had the same problem today too, so there "must" be something going on.

That's the exact same error I get when I try to pay with a credit card. If I use PayPal, the error is different but just as problematic. I've seen others mention they've had the same problem today too, so there "must" be something going on.

This isn't the first time this happened on a large scale, it's really just Sony being garbage.

If you can, I would just use prepaid cards.

PS - Borderless Mission, although fun, looks and runs like shit. 2 words: Unity game.

Are you serious? I didn't even know Bamco used Unity. Are you sure it's not built in whatever engine it is that Artdink use for all their games?

(edit: Nvm, I just checked a gameplay video online and yep, the Unity logo was there. Whyyyyy? And why does this engine continually run so poorly on Vita?)

Still, most of Bamco's cheaper licenced stuff runs like crap. I just finished Mahouka (enjoyed it by the way) and it was littered with slowdown throughout. From what I've seen of World Trigger, it looks fine.

I really think that average expectation with vita games here on GAF, graphic-wise, are simply not attainable. Attack on titan runs like a good Musou game (based on videos, I didn't receive my copy yet), Senran Kagura EV is 30 FPS with some drops, just like Shinovi Vs, butt the same time it is way prettier. And when I played Yoru ni Kai Kuni on a real vita, I was pleasanlty surprised, because it was far from the hyperbole shouted here on GAF. It is not the prettiest game on vita, far from it, but I mean, expecting that a vita game holds up to a PS4 version graphically is delusional at best. Just like PSP games were from PS3 games or Neogeo games on a PS1.

I'm expecting cut backs with Vita versions, but some games handle it better than others. I mean, all the games I listed will be fine for me and I'll be buying them all on Vita regardless, but for example Attack on Titan - the texture pop-in is absolutely insane, I'm sure they could've done something different with that. Same with Yoru - it seems playable, but it's taken a massive graphical hit AND it's unstable. Either keep the graphics toned down and get it running smoothly or tone up the graphics and just take the hit on the gameplay, not the weird hybrid in between that they seemed to go for.

Top Bottom