• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Shizuka

Too much Nippon on my side already friend. I already watch anime, don't want to get oversaturated ahaha. Gotta counterbalance it somehow.

It's never enough, don't stop until you become someone's imouto or you get your own harem with all the tsunderes, yanderes, danderes and kuuderes.

RK128

For me the biggest surprises were FFVII Remake, Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 being announced and being real things instead of just dreams! Yes, there were numerous rumors before the Sony conference on the tittles but I didn't believe them. But there they were, sitting proud on the Sony stage last night :').

The cherry on top of everything for me was both a Final Fantasy being announced for the Vita and KH3 getting a full gameplay trailer :D! KH3 looks jaw dropping and I love how they announced Tangled is going to be a world for the game; great location to pick and an important pick too, as it was the first great Disney Animated GGI film. And to star in a KH3, it looks very close to the film, so that is really nice.

I can understand why some are upset about Laura not doing Rise in P4DAN but if you were interested in this particular game mainly for the characters/story you were probably going to be disappointed anyways. While there's clearly a
canon
story I felt like the reason to get the game is obviously for the music and visuals. And with that in mind P4DAN still is a must buy in my book. The Persona 4 soundtrack and reincarnations are absolutely fantastic plus the graphics look great.

I'm definitely still hyped for it among many other Vita games this year.

autoduelist

Maybe you are right, maybe i'm overestimating the scale of those games(but am i really overestimating a game capable of getting 2 millions got in less than 9 hour by showing ugly characters and qte gameplay?)

There's a difference between heavy funding by a relatively small number of people (tens of thousands) and selling millions in retail. It's the sort of project perfect for a kickstarter - huge risk in the marketplace, but huge niche desire.

FFVII is a massively overrated games that will undoubtedly be ruined by modern SE.

Shenmue is a kickstarter (and a poorly constructed one with minimal detail as to how the hell they're going to actually make such a massive game with the funding allotted) of a series that I have never gotten in to.

Last Guardian looks like it's 8 years old. Because it is. The art style is not very congruous and the technical flaws are further exacerbating the issue.

All three of these games are effectively meme status and yet poeple seem to have forgotten why these games didn't exist for so long. They all have big issues whether financial, on a gameplay level, or in development hell.

As far as the beginning of your post, I largely do stick to my PC. But I also have a vita. And I love seeing good games -- something Bethesda and Microsoft showed me. Most of the 'megatons' that Sony dropped I am less than confident in as detailed. Thus, it makes perfect sense that their conference would be hugely disappointing to me.

FF7 was a huge, mega-successful game that was the 'first' Jrpg for a huge number of people. That gives it bonus love it may or may not deserve, but can never be taken away from it. We all have those games - and FF7 just happens to be at the top of the nostalgia list for many. Whether it's good or not, compared to other episodes and franchises, is immaterial. [I've never even beaten it, but I came to it late... guess I'll wait]

Shenmue clearly was backed by big guns if it reached its goal, and that's now official. It was never a $2 million project.

I don't think people 'don't get' why these projects had disappeared... they're just grateful they're happening now. Everything is forgiven -- we're getting an opportunity to play so many games that almost certainly were never going to see daylight until some rare opportunities to make them happen surfaced and people made them happen.

As for BC... it's a nice cherry on top, but that's about it.

Xenoflare

There was a schedule conflict. It's not anyone's fault. From what I heard, the new VA is pretty decent. I'm not gonna complain; still a Day One for me because I love rhythm games, and I love Persona 4. With this and Project Mirai, September is full of sick beats.

I always associated her voice with Rise, excuse me for feeling upset about the change. When Erin Fitzgerald did the S.linkFM she did mention how easy this could happen.

Pre-order canceled.

Who's replacing her?

Megaten Wikia suggested Kira Buckland, but she shot it down herself on her twitter. It sounds like Rei from Persona Q, who I am not really fond of

$60 in Canada as always, but at least I can buy some Vita physical games.

It's never enough, don't stop until you become someone's imouto or you get your own harem with all the tsunderes, yanderes, danderes and kuuderes.

Let me tell you about this series called Grisaia
which you know well lol

For me the biggest surprises were FFVII Remake, Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 being announced and being real things instead of just dreams! Yes, there were numerous rumors before the Sony conference on the tittles but I didn't believe them. But there they were, sitting proud on the Sony stage last night :').

The cherry on top of everything for me was both a Final Fantasy being announced for the Vita and KH3 getting a full gameplay trailer :D! KH3 looks jaw dropping and I love how they announced Tangled is going to be a world for the game; great location to pick and an important pick too, as it was the first great Disney Animated GGI film. And to star in a KH3, it looks very close to the film, so that is really nice.

I wrote this on Twitter and will write it here too, I hope that S-E puts out an Ultimate Remaster with all, keyword ALL the KH games in one disc, even the DS ones, on current gen. KH3 won't come for a bunch of years. Put this out, get more people into the series, and make more bank for developing the new title.

RK128

Let me tell you about this series called Grisaia
which you know well lol

I wrote this on Twitter and will write it here too, I hope that S-E puts out an Ultimate Remaster with all, keyword ALL the KH games in one disc, even the DS ones, on current gen. KH3 won't come for a bunch of years. Put this out, get more people into the series, and make more bank for developing the new title.

While their are rumors of the game coming late 2016 in the KH3 thread, I agree with you; it will be quite a while until we get our hands on the game.

I think your idea is great; combine the KH 1.5 and 2.5 Collections, add in KH3D, remaster Days and Re:Coded into full games instead of just cut-scenes, and lastly include a demo the first world of KH3 as a bonus for getting this massive collection (I guess....a tour of Twilight Town or the Olympus world).

It will not only sell well but it will give new-comers interested in the series a chance to catch up with all the games.

Pariah, ya gotta stop arguing with Persona fanboys. It's futile.
<3
FF7 was a huge, mega-successful game that was the 'first' Jrpg for a huge number of people. That gives it bonus love it may or may not deserve, but can never be taken away from it. We all have those games - and FF7 just happens to be at the top of the nostalgia list for many. Whether it's good or not, compared to other episodes and franchises, is immaterial. [I've never even beaten it, but I came to it late... guess I'll wait]

Shenmue clearly was backed by big guns if it reached its goal, and that's now official. It was never a $2 million project.

I don't think people 'don't get' why these projects had disappeared... they're just grateful they're happening now. Everything is forgiven -- we're getting an opportunity to play so many games that almost certainly were never going to see daylight until some rare opportunities to make them happen surfaced and people made them happen.

As for BC... it's a nice cherry on top, but that's about it.
All your comments are fair. I just think the blind optimism is misguided. The idea that I'm somehow in the wrong because I didn't enjoy Sony's conference rubs me the wrong way, though, which is why my comments came on strong.

Bowl0l

Thing I've learned today: the PS3 does not support 2Tb hard drives. Oh well, at least it's ready for when I inevitably buy a PS4.
Me too last month. Now the PS4 is using the HDD. But Nyko has an extension that allows PS4 to use 3.5" HDD and now I'm eyeing that 8TB HDD..

isitstill

This might be a bad place for this question. I was going to ask in the "stupid gaming questions" thread, but here goes:

I have ZHP save data on my Vita. What's the easiet way get it on my PSPgo? Or, any way, really. My PS3 is broken, btw. Thanks

autoduelist

This might be a bad place for this question. I was going to ask in the "stupid gaming questions" thread, but here goes:

I have ZHP save data on my Vita. What's the easiet way get it on my PSPgo? Or, any way, really. My PS3 is broken, btw. Thanks

You should be able to use content manager? I know I went the other direction -- hooked up my psp, copied some files, put them in the content manager folder, put them on my vita, and was fine. you should be able to do that in reverse.

here are some psp to vita directions to reverse engineer:
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/52313/how-can-i-move-my-psp-game-saves-onto-my-ps-vita

isitstill

RK128

Aaah, It wouldn't be a real E3 without Yoshida's full of shit statements about the Vita.

Another E3, another series of dumb comments from Sony on the Vita. It is hard to take that comment seriously, as big JP publishers like Altus, XSEED, Bamco and now apparently Square-Enix bring games to the platform and announce localization left and right.

That compounded with the massive wave of indie support the Vita gets and you have a system that has a never ending series of games coming to it :).

I've had information on one publisher that actually took that "legacy" comment seriously, they need to stop this shit.

....But that isn't a good sign at all :(. Sony needs to clarify this with ALL their developmental and publishing partners; you don't want to burn bridges with people making games for your platforms.

I don't know if you can say which publisher believes that comment, but if you can share that with us that would be really nice of you.

Prelude.

I've had information on one publisher that actually took that "legacy" comment seriously, they need to stop this shit.
Can you elaborate? But yeah, it's mind boggling that he's allowed to shit on every 3rd party publisher that's supporting it by pushing his stupid indies remarks. He's literally giving the finger to them, refusing to acknowledge their games.

It's on IGN but it's basically "Vita has too many games so we can't show them at e3, we're not making any more aaa games and look forward to ps4/vita indies".

Shizuka

I went to ask information for Vita titles for a specific publisher and they told me that they weren't feeling confident pursuing the Vita after the platform holder calling the platform a "legacy device" and saying that they aren't supporting it like they used to anymore.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...a-games? hub page (front page)&utm_content=25

&#8220;To be honest, I wouldn&#8217;t say we will have big AAA Vita games from first party,&#8221; Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida told IGN.

As for why Vita didn&#8217;t make an appearance at yesterday&#8217;s Sony E3 press conference other than a sizzle reel, Yoshida says there was simply too much content.

&#8220;We have so much amazing AAA content from third parties, we have to put lots of those smaller games, including our own, into the trailer of everything. And so Vita games are the same. That&#8217;s how things are.&#8221;

&#8220;Instead of spending lots of money making big Killzone games on Vita, those large studios are focusing on PS4,&#8221; he continued. &#8220;But we know that the smaller games work very well on PS Vita because it doesn&#8217;t require that PS4 tech to make the game fun.&#8221;

These are all true sayings though, and he isn't saying the Vita is dead. I don't get why people are so upset?

Prelude.

I went to ask information for Vita titles for a specific publisher and they told me that they weren't feeling confident pursuing the Vita after the platform holder calling the platform a "legacy device" and saying that they aren't supporting it like they used to anymore.
So I guess it's not a publisher that has a lot of experience on the platform since the usual suspects are pretty much more than satisfied with their sales.

Vylash

which publisher, because I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's one that never really mattered

These are all true sayings though, and he isn't saying the Vita is dead. I don't get why people are so upset?

Also, it was stated last year that first party AAA's were ramping down - so no surprises either.\\

You think that's bad?

https://twitter.com/DrWayward/status/608655814853832704

mF5j2UN.jpg

Sony isn't clear about anything regarding the Vita - to anyone.

Shizuka

I can't really say the publisher's name since I don't want this to become a Siliconera article or something like that. It should become clear with the next year or so who this publisher is.

RK128

Thats horrible :(. I hope they reconsider that decision, as the Vita is home to gamers who love buying games :D.

....I'm not surprise Sony pulled this move with publishers, giving them the finger for supporting there own damn platform! But, its hard to get upset anymore about this; Sony made there stance on the Vita a long time ago and that is painfully evident today.

I am just glad to own the 240+ games I have on my Vita and I have a ton to play even if the plug is pulled on the systems support.

Games are still coming, so I won't let stupid comments bother me. Just hope this type of message doesn't spread to publishers like Bamco, X-SEED and Atlus; they are supporting the Vita....would really hate to see them back out because Sony is stupid :(.

I can't really say the publisher's name since I don't want this to become a Siliconera article or something like that. It should become clear with the next year or so who this publisher is.

I'm going to make a guess and say its Ubisoft; they supported the Vita with the Rayman games and Child of Light. They likely have some Ubi-Art engine game in the works and from Sony's stupid comment, decided to not make a Vita version of it :(.

incpdo

Is this an studio which has published any game on the platform?
Well yoshida compares the psvita with Psp and if you remember the Psp had the same issues the first 3 or 4 years till a game change everything and that was monster hunter. And it is a third party studio. Let's hope for the same. I'm sad because I was salivating the possibility of gravity rush 2 on Vita but now idk

maouvin

It's on IGN but it's basically "Vita has too many games so we can't show them at e3, we're not making any more aaa games and look forward to ps4/vita indies".

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...a-games? hub page (front page)&utm_content=25

Well, said nothing much different than last year, aye? Just saw a thread about this and honestly thought it was some gravedigging being done lol.

bobawesome

What the fudge is going on with my Vita/my memory card? When I try playing most of my games I either get an error code or a message telling me the Vita has encountered a serious error.

edit: I just tried my PSTV and the same issues are occurring, so it's not a problem with the Vita itself. Ugh, I really don't want to redownload everything.

God damn it Sony. Seriously, what the eff.

Edit: Shizuka is there any way to get this and the extra memory for the Vita information out to other news sources beside Vita Lounge and Had? Perhaps if more outlets reported on this Sony will say something OR at least more studios will get this information and continue to support the Vita.

FFVII is a massively overrated games that will undoubtedly be ruined by modern SE.

Shenmue is a kickstarter (and a poorly constructed one with minimal detail as to how the hell they're going to actually make such a massive game with the funding allotted) of a series that I have never gotten in to.

Last Guardian looks like it's 8 years old. Because it is. The art style is not very congruous and the technical flaws are further exacerbating the issue.

All three of these games are effectively meme status and yet poeple seem to have forgotten why these games didn't exist for so long. They all have big issues whether financial, on a gameplay level, or in development hell.
For me it's less about the actual games, or how the specific announcements were done, but more about what Square-Enix said. It really feels like the "good old days" are coming back and many people definitely feel the same. There is a bigger support for and faith in these projects from the relevant parties now than in a looong time.

After years and years of everyone totally ignoring that part of the audience, taking absolutely zero risks and many japanese developers comletely changing or disappearing, it now seems like so many of them are coming back! Even if you personally don't care for it at all, you have to be able to see, objectively, why this would be such a huge thing for people. Can we just be happy for video games as a whole for this week at least?

Vylash

For me it's less about the actual games, or how the specific announcements were done, but more about what Square-Enix said. It really feels like the "good old days" are coming back and many people definitely feel the same. There is a bigger support for and faith in these projects from the relevant parties now than in a looong time.

After years and years of everyone totally ignoring that part of the audience, taking absolutely zero risks and many japanese developers comletely changing or disappearing, it now seems like so many of them are coming back! Even if you personally don't care for it at all, you have to be able to see, objectively, why this would be such a huge thing for people. Can we just be happy for video games as a whole for this week at least?

it's neogaf, everyone has to be cynical and pessimistic for no reason

Yeah, absolutely, and those who were chatting with me during the conferences will testify to the fact that I was pretty positive about the whole thing. I'm not saying "don't be excited about these things", I'm saying that I am not excited, and I think I have some damn good reasons not to be excited. If you disagree, that's totally up to you.

As far as SE's conference, I actually agree that their show was interesting and -- as you said -- reminiscent of a time when JRPGs were less niche. I have been very pumped about SE's new JRPG initiatives since they were announced, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't have total faith in their ability to actually produce.

To reiterate: I'm largely happy with E3. I am largely happy with the upcoming JRPGs. I am not happy with the 'megaton' games at the sony conference, nor am I excited by NieR because -- frankly -- I have never played the first and impressions do not seem to coincide with games that I typically enjoy.
it's neogaf, everyone has to be cynical and pessimistic for no reason
I outlined my reasons pretty explicitly, so I'm assuming you're not talking about me.

Top Bottom