• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Hikami

So... When is this anime conference where games might be announced? I want to put it in my calendar!
Since Anime Expo and Japan Expo are next week, I figured I'd put together a handy schedule of things to look out for.

Anime Expo (Los Angeles time)
On the show floor: Aksys Games, Atlus, Bandai Namco, Capcom, GungHo Online Entertainment, Idea Factory International, Koei Tecmo, NIS America, PQube Steins;Gate

Thursday, July 2

4:00pm - 5:00pm - Quest Complete! Bandai Namco Entertainment RPG Panel - Join BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. as they discuss their upcoming JRPG games including Tales of Zestiria, Project X Zone, Sword Art Online and more! http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...ebar=yes&bg=no

Friday, July 3

1:00pm - 2:00pm - Aksys Games Panel - Panel discussing the lineup for Aksys Games into the latter half of 2015 and beyond. http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...ebar=yes&bg=no

6:15pm - 7:15pm - NISA Games: What's in Store for Next Year http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...ebar=yes&bg=no

8:00pm - 9:00pm - Disgaea: Creating a Legacy - Debuting in 2003, Disgaea has become one of the most compelling tactical RPG series in history. Upon it’s beginning, Disgaea brought fresh new concepts to its genre - picking up and hurling itself with deep complexity and sense of humor of ridiculous levels. At this panel, NISA will be talk about how Disgaea has evolved over the years, its successes, and building upon its legacy. Oh, and don’t forget the prinnies! http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...fe7656?iframe=

Saturday, July 4

11:30am - 12:30pm - Keiji Inafune and Eiko Tanaka Guest Panel http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...ebar=yes&bg=no

12:15pm - 1:15pm - Danganronpa: The Ordinary Process for Crafting Extra-Ordinary Stories http://animeexpo2015.sched.org/event...ebar=yes&bg=no

Japan Expo (Paris time)

Friday, July 3

13:30 - 15:00 - The Great Nintendo Event feat. Shigeru Miyamoto - There’s no doubt that Shigeru MIYAMOTO is one of the biggest name in the field of video games to this day and Japan Expo has the great honor to count him as one of the 16th Impact guests: Mario’s creator will be present as our Video Game Guest of Honor! http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/p...-honor_919.htm

Sunday, July 5

15:00 - 15:45 - Street Fighter V: The Big Show - Attendees fight French stars such as Marcus (video game journalist), the team of Noob (the successful French webseries), Laurent CHARRIER (from the webseries Damned, Flander’s Company) and many more!

RK128

Ignoring whatever is happening in that other discussion... I picked up VC2. I have SUCH a deep backlog between all of my consoles that it SHOULD be impossible to justify purchases that aren't on my "Must Have" and "When it's dirt cheap" lists simultaneously. I'm tempted by Jet Set Radio and the Sega Collection... But I'm not ready to pull the trigger. :-(

Jet Set Radio while it takes a while to get used to the controls, the game is beautiful looking on the Vita and the controls are very solid once you grasp them. The game's soundtrack is fantastic as well, so well worth 4 bucks (on Vita, that is an even better deal as the game is portable then :D).

Sega Genesis Collection is the best part of that Sega sale, as you get 30+ games to play, raging from Sonic 1 and 2, Vectorman 1 and 2, Phantasy Star 2-4 and lots more :D. I got it when it was 10 bucks and it was a steal then. You need a PS3 to put the game on your Vita but outside of that, a fantastic deal for any Vita owner :D.

Li Kao

I decided to restart my Samurai Warriors 4 save the other day. First time playing a Musou since the very early iterations of the series.
I'm still undecided about it. On one hand it's boring as shit and I don't really like the mission structure. On the other it's a very nice game to... well how should I put it in English... release your frustration upon thousands of poor bastards. Yeah, not really what I had in mind but it will do.

Just started the Nobunaga route. This man stinks of class ! Yeah, that post was sponsored by the Untranslatable French Sayings Association (UFSA) :p

I decided to restart my Samurai Warriors 4 save the other day. First time playing a Musou since the very early iterations of the series.
I'm still undecided about it. On one hand it's boring as shit and I don't really like the mission structure. On the other it's a very nice game to... well how should I put it in English... release your frustration upon thousands of poor bastards. Yeah, not really what I had in mind but it will do.

That's how I play those Musous too Li Kao, as a stress reliever. Harder difficulties can somehow ease your boring gameplay, as you just mashing buttons can put you in a bad spot.

Chuy

Limiting myself to $20 on the sales what you guys recommend getting?
Debating between Tales of Hearts R/Sword Art Online and Genesis collection/Jet Set Radio

RK128

Debating between Tales of Hearts R/Sword Art Online and Genesis collection/Jet Set Radio

I made a long post but that got lost somehow :(. So I will be brief with my response :).

-SAO is a great action JRPG that has hundreds of hours worth of content with some of the Vita's most colorful visuals. The combat system is quite deep and the level systems will lead you investing hours into your characters. Great game that suffers from a bad translation (that can be funny at times) and expectation that you saw the anime prior to playing (up to episode 13-14). Made a catch-up post in the sale thread that I will link here:

Regarding the story, look at the following:
-Takes place in a VR MMO, but the characters cannot log out due to that feature being locked out by the creator.
-Leads to everyone going into a panic, but coming to the realization that they need to beat the game to be free (which is 100 Floors of dungeons).
-Main character Kirtio was a beta tester for the game before its launch, so he is skilled with its systems
-He meets his harl....I mean, cast of female friends across the anime
-Gets close to a female player named Asuna and they become 'married' in-game.
-Their 'daughter' is a AI program that they encountered in one of the anime's episodes, who they took in as their 'real' kid
-Final battle in the anime was in Floor 75 and in the anime, after the fight with the creator of the game, it ended, with everyone going free
-This game (Hallow Fragment) takes place in an different reality, where the game DOESN'T end, it just goes on and glitches out
-The cast of the anime have to deal with this and continue through the floors until they beat the final boss on Floor 100
-Character introductions are very clouded, so I will explain them here: Sinon was bought to the world due to a glitch during VR therapy. Leafa (Sugu) was brought to the game on her own will; used a friends NerveGear (the things they use to play SAO) and loged in to see her brother/cousin. Strea is a 'new' player in the game world but is a AI program similar to Kirtio's daughter; originally a mental-health montaring program in the game but was brought out with the other players after the 'glitch'. Philla is a player affected by the 'glitch', who after 'killing' another player, is locked in the Hallow Area (the first playable area in the game you see) and you work with her to fine a way out for her
-Everyone knows Kirto is married to Asuna but they don't care because they all want him :l. Hey, the game creators couldn't fix everything from the anime XD.
A point I forgot to mention is this; the Hallow Area (the large open part of the game) and Alcard (Floors 75-100) are segregated in terms of game progression.

Hallow Area is the 'hard' part of the game, with high level foes roaming about and is the place you go to for strong gear, powerful swords and just level grinding. It also has its own story with Phila you need to complete in order to have her be part of your party/unlock events in Alicard.

Alicard is the 'normal' part of the game; you go into the fields, take on side quests from the quest NPC, and fight through the dungeon until you find the place's boss. After you do all of that, you pair up with a party member and you join a 'raid' to fight the boss. You gain bonuses if you land the last hit and if no one dies (as 'death' is a real death; you can't revive anyone. That is a huge reason why that is a big deal in the anime).

It's best to do them one at a time; get your footing in Alicard first in understanding the core combat systems/controls/party system. Then, go to the Hallow Area again (by the time your each say, Floor 80-82) then focus strictly on clearing the story for that while also exploring it to find powerful gear for the final stretches of that area.

My last suggestion is taking advantage of the multiplayer mode system, where you, a party member and four AI players can go into the Hallow Area and fight it out. The best part is that any EXP and Levels these AI players get, caries over to the single player mode. Fast way to level grind honestly XD.

-Tales of Hearts R is a great time so far, and I made a long post on my reactions fo the game. So, will link that here as well:
Put an hour into Tales of Hearts R and its good so far :).

The visuals are solid; nothing that amazing but they look very colorful and clean. And with the game being native res (I think so?) and running at a very smooth frame rate, the visuals work great for the game :D. Music wise, the game is good too, with the battle theme being cool.

Combat system here is great though; it feels a bit like Smash Bros. to me; you have the Up button the D-Pad to jump, the X button for basic attacks, O button for special attacks and you Square for blocking/dodging attacks. While it isn't exactly like Smash Bros., its close enough to it for me to really enjoy the combat system :). Once I fully grasp its mechanics, that should be the highlight of the game for me.

The leveling systems are also very interesting, as you have a lot of customization to play around with; you gain points when you level up (10+ points per level) and those points can be applied to one of five parts of your Spira (Heart). Each part covers a different thing and even you don't fully level a part, you still get something from each point you apply to it, leading to a lot of options for leveling up. You even get special gear if you do it well; I fully leveled to two parts, and they connected, leading to me gaining a very powerful sword for Kor (the main character) to use in combat.

The story is....generic, abet with some charm and personality thrown into the mix. Plot of 'main character fucks something up and goes on a quest to do things right' with a dash of 'parental figure dying at the beginning' and even the 'love interest' being shoved into the game not even 20 minutes in.

But that isn't a bad thing; with those 'core' things in place after the first half-hour, you can see the translator's efforts to make the game have character come though. Each character has there own little quarks and you do get a sense of growth. Even only an hour in, I'm starting to see that, so I'm interested to see what happens next :).

Overall, really glad I got this; great summer RPG to play through alongside VC2 (and I never played those types of games before....should be fun :))..

-Genesis Collection is a steal for 4 bucks as you are getting 30+ games. Some of those include the Golden Axe series (1-3), Sonic (1-2), Vectorman (1-2), Phantasy Star (2-4), Ristar and more. Great emulation of all the games and its well worth the price :).

-Jet Set Radio is a great game too, but you have to get the controls to fully enjoy that one. Outside of a learning curve in getting the controls, the game has great cell-shading and a rocking soundtrack that fits perfectly with the game. Great Dreamcast classic.

bobohoro

I'm ~6 hours into ToHR and gotta say, while it certainly feels incredibly low budget, I have plenty of fun with it. It has straightforward but kinda endearing characters, a fast and interesting combat system and all the fun little subsystems that make Tales games good. It also has some pretty odd chara designs, bland dungeons and a rather non-captivating world setup. So it feels pretty much like any Tales game, just scaled down and with a low-budgety feel.

Sword Art Online has enormous amounts of content and a deep combat system, everything else is rather lacking, even more so if you're no fan of the source material.

I haven't played Tales of Hearts R (just done downloading it) but I recommend SAO:HR. Genesis collection is a solid set of around 30 games packed as one psp game but you need a ps3 to transfer it to the vita. Didn't like Jet set radio so I'll ignore that.

You'll get is a pseudo-MMORPG gameplay, lots of customization and a lengthy game. DLCs also helped add contents to the game, making a long game even longer. Be ready for a very japanese-sy game with sao. Harem, typical anime story + fanservice can be obnoxious at times.

Only played that collection on pc and I'll miss it since I don't have a working ps3 but nothing beats having 30 classic games on a portable device at your whim. Play eccho the dolphin while in the cr? Gotta go fast with sonic while in public transport? Finding an old classic while chilling in the bed? Hell yeah! perfect for guys with short attention spans like me LOL.
Mind Zero.
Don't torment him please.
`````````````````````````
edit: Fragments note is now 1.99usd but I have 1.36$ Great, just great!

Buy "oh deer!" . it's an awesome psm little game. Hotline Miami meets outrun. Music from the author of the street of rage 2 and 3 soundtrack. It's only 0,49 cents and its gonna be there only for a few days till psm shuts down for good.

I thought on June 30th no more games but the store is open until September. Am I wrong?

Chuy

Mind Zero.
Hahaha.....no
Maybe when it's cheaper
Or most likely never

I made a long post but that got lost somehow :(. So I will be brief with my response :).

-SAO is a great action JRPG that has hundreds of hours worth of content with some of the Vita's most colorful visuals. The combat system is quite deep and the level systems will lead you investing hours into your characters. Great game that suffers from a bad translation (that can be funny at times) and expectation that you saw the anime prior to playing (up to episode 13-14). Made a catch-up post in the sale thread that I will link here:

-Tales of Hearts R is a great time so far, and I made a long post on my reactions fo the game. So, will link that here as well:

-Genesis Collection is a steal for 4 bucks as you are getting 30+ games. Some of those include the Golden Axe series (1-3), Sonic (1-2), Vectorman (1-2), Phantasy Star (2-4), Ristar and more. Great emulation of all the games and its well worth the price :).

-Jet Set Radio is a great game too, but you have to get the controls to fully enjoy that one. Outside of a learning curve in getting the controls, the game has great cell-shading and a rocking soundtrack that fits perfectly with the game. Great Dreamcast classic.

I'm ~6 hours into ToHR and gotta say, while it certainly feels incredibly low budget, I have plenty of fun with it. It has straightforward but kinda endearing characters, a fast and interesting combat system and all the fun little subsystems that make Tales games good. It also has some pretty odd chara designs, bland dungeons and a rather non-captivating world setup. So it feels pretty much like any Tales game, just scaled down and with a low-budgety feel.

Sword Art Online has enormous amounts of content and a deep combat system, everything else is rather lacking, even more so if you're no fan of the source material.

I haven't played Tales of Hearts R (just done downloading it) but I recommend SAO:HR. Genesis collection is a solid set of around 30 games packed as one psp game but you need a ps3 to transfer it to the vita. Didn't like Jet set radio so I'll ignore that.

You'll get is a pseudo-MMORPG gameplay, lots of customization and a lengthy game. DLCs also helped add contents to the game, making a long game even longer. Be ready for a very japanese-sy game with sao. Harem, typical anime story + fanservice can be obnoxious at times.

Only played that collection on pc and I'll miss it since I don't have a working ps3 but nothing beats having 30 classic games on a portable device at your whim. Play eccho the dolphin while in the cr? Gotta go fast with sonic while in public transport? Finding an old classic while chilling in the bed? Hell yeah! perfect for guys with short attention spans like me LOL.

Don't torment him please.
`````````````````````````
edit: Fragments note is now 1.99usd but I have 1.36$ Great, just great!
Thank you guys for the input guys! Figured I'd ask here for that reason alone .
Definitely getting the collection and it sounds like sword art is a good choice but same could be said about tales. I'll mull over it for a bit before I decide.

Shizuka

If it's come down between SAO and Hearts R, at least Hearts R doesn't feel like a mess at first and the story is pretty good.

Ephidel

It is confirmed we'll still be able to use our PSM purchases as long as we've downloaded them/activated the PSM stuff on our vitas, right?

If so then I want to point out that Fragment's Note has been reduced to $1.99. I paid more than that and even though I haven't had much chance to play it yet because I've been playing other stuff I want to say that for that price there's really no excuse not to buy it :)
(Edit: I just saw this has already been mentioned, but whatever. I'm re-mentioning it ^^)

I've also been trawling through the store looking for things I'd missed, or had been interested in and never bought, and was wondering if anyone had any impressions of the following titles that might push me one way or the other:

16Bit Trader ($1.49)
A Healer Only Lives Twice ($1.29)
Ambition of the Slimes ($4.29)
Haunt the House: Terrortown ($3.49)
Miko Gakkou Monogatari: Kaede Episode ($7.99) ... this seems expensive :|
Miko Gakkou Monogatari: Sanae Episode ($3.29)
Miko Gakkou: Second Year ($3.29)
Musync ($6.49)

Or any other last minute recs, of course!

Massa

Picbox is one of the best PSM games imo, and the developer lowered the price to as low as they would allow when the closure was announced. I'd recommend checking it out.

The download itself is free but it's only a demo, you buy the rest of the game via a one time in-app purchase.

Shizuka

I just noticed that the price for Fragment's Note is also $2 on iOS and Android, I might pick it up for my iPad since I don't like PSM.

Li Kao

I haven't followed SAO too closely, but the fact that the new version won't transfer story progression stopped me dead in my purchase in the Flash Sale.
Slightly annoyed at that, I wanted to play it on Vita, but there is no way in hell I will play a grindy pseudo-MMO two times.

Now maybe I'm misinformed and there will be an option to only play the new content ?

I just realised that Xseed, Tecmo Koei, IFI and Atlus has swept up and controls the most interesting Vita game localisations.

What else can Aksys and NISA announced for the japan expo? It seems all the scraps that are left aren't very good or interesting.

Prelude.

I haven't followed SAO too closely, but the fact that the new version won't transfer story progression stopped me dead in my purchase in the Flash Sale.
Slightly annoyed at that, I wanted to play it on Vita, but there is no way in hell I will play a grindy pseudo-MMO two times.

Now maybe I'm misinformed and there will be an option to only play the new content ?
What new version? Lost Song? It's a completely different game from Hollow Fragment.

I just realised that Xseed, Tecmo Koei, IFI and Atlus has swept up and controls the most interesting Vita game localisations.

What else can Aksys and NISA announced for the japan expo? It seems all the scraps that are left aren't very good or interesting.
Nah, there's still A LOT of good stuff left.

I just noticed that the price for Fragment's Note is also $2 on iOS and Android, I might pick it up for my iPad since I don't like PSM.
I saw someone post once that the image quality was terrible on Android (character sprites a bit pixelated and such), so your mileage may vary. I can confirm that the image quality of the PSM version is top-notch, though.

Shizuka

Kadokawa, Experience and Spike Chunsoft.

Li Kao

What new version? Lost Song? It's a completely different game from Hollow Fragment.

So you are saying... that the new PS4 version is Hollow Fragment + Lost Song and that the no transfer thing is for players who wanted to transfer from Hollow Vita to Hollow PS4 ? And that I will totally be able to only play Lost Song without playing Hollow on the new version ?
Sorry, as I said I haven't followed the thing that closely and I reckon there is a high risk I totally misunderstood.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/sword-art-online-re-hollow-fragment-save-data-import-elements-detailed

Fuuu, it looks like it is the case. These are two different games and the no transfer was just for the players who wanted to jump ship.
Well the new version is not even one game like I thought it was. God, sometimes I'm way off base.

Edit : Just so we are clear, you bring bad news and I hate you for the 14$ I have now to spend :p
More seriously I'm not really sure about that, the flash has bleeded me dry and my 16go memcard is already annihilated.

Aksys like ArcSys games + they look like they're dipping into the VNs territory. Hopefully Aksys can deal with spike chunsoft to release a much awaited third game in a series loved outside japan.
NISA has the Experience drpgs on lock + they are close to kadokawa games too. NIS japan also has some titles still stuck on japan but they are mostly VNs or ecchi infused games.
I don't know who is dealing with 5pb games + the fate series devs so we still have great to good vns left localized for the vita (but may have been localized in other platforms).

Prelude.

So you are saying... that the new PS4 version is Hollow Fragment + Lost Song and that the no transfer thing is for players who wanted to transfer from Hollow Vita to Hollow PS4 ? And that I will totally be able to only play Lost Song without playing Hollow on the new version ?
Sorry, as I said I haven't followed the thing that closely and I reckon there is a high risk I totally misunderstood.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/sword-art-online-re-hollow-fragment-save-data-import-elements-detailed

Fuuu, it looks like it is the case. These are two different games and the no transfer was just for the players who wanted to jump ship.

Hollow Fragment (Vita) - it's an enhanced port of an unlocalized PSP game (half of the game is new)
Re: Hollow Fragment (PS4) - it's the same game as HF but on PS4 and you can import the Vita save
Lost Song (Vita/PS4) - completely different game, set in a different "world"

Li Kao

Hollow Fragment (Vita) - it's an enhanced port of an unlocalized PSP game (half of the game is new)
Re: Hollow Fragment (PS4) - it's the same game as HF but on PS4 and you can import the Vita save
Lost Song (Vita/PS4) - completely different game, set in a different "world"

Thank you for the clarification.
I was lost because I somewhat thought the PS4 game was Hollow + Lost Songs and that you were forced to replay Hollow. Now that I see it won't be one package I thing I will play Hollow on Vita. The thing seems long as shit and I think it will be more enjoyable the handheld way.

Once you figure out how to play the game, it's tonnes of fun. I loved it. Certainly worth it at that price.

Either of them could pick up Ukiyo no Roushi! (Seriously though, I know I'm not the only person who wants this one :p)

For NISA specifically:

Experience Inc's DRPG's (Labyrinth Cross Blood; Operation Babel; Stranger of Sword City)
Kancolle Kai
Great Edo Blacksmith
Yomawari
Fuuraiki 3
Shin Hayarigami

Not much on the cards for Aksys though. Possibly more otome or maybe Shiren 5 Plus? I have to wonder what's available to them on other platforms too (PS4 doesn't have a whole lot to choose from).

Either way, as long as someone announced Ukiyo no Roushi, I won't even mind what else gets picked up.

Keep in mind any games announced will be 2015 releases too.

It is confirmed we'll still be able to use our PSM purchases as long as we've downloaded them/activated the PSM stuff on our vitas, right?

Yes, it's been confirmed that we can keep our activated titles. I'm a little concerned that the PSM device activation might be a little too easily invalidated, though. I'll be looking into this a bit more.

Musync ($6.49)

I own all four of these titles. The Miko Gakkou games are nice and quirky, though I don't recall Sanae Episode leaving a significant impression on me. Second Year has some very unique gameplay (like bullet hell mixed with a rhythm game), but the hitboxes and timing take a little getting used to, and it can get a bit cluttered in some levels (though this may be by design). It's one of those games that's both fun and a little frustrating.

Kaede episode just came out in the last few weeks, and has received one out of two content updates (the developer had to rush the initial release because of PSM closing). I have to say its presentation and story (so far) are much more interesting than Sanae episode, and it has less fanservice too. It doesn't put as much effort into introducing the setting and characters, but that might not be a bad thing. Just keep in mind that though they call it an RPG, it's basically an animated story with some exploration, no battles or anything.

I got MUSYNC a couple of days ago, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I'm partially using it to improve on my skills from DJMAX Portable, but I think I like its music variety a bit more than DJMAX, even if some of the songs are pretty short. The latest version of the game includes 19 songs plus 10 DLC songs. But the developer was nice enough to program the latest update so all the DLC songs are free after the PSM closing date (even if you just set the Vita's date manually!), so it turned out to be a really good deal.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For AX i hope for the localization of stranger, Digimon, the psp yugioh, ukyo no shishi and others...

I read that both toukiden and j star victory + for ps4 have slowdowns not present on the relative vita versions, are we sure that those and other western exclusive ps4 versions are not ports from sony teams? :p

RK128

For AX i hope for the localization of stranger, Digimon, the psp yugioh, ukyo no shishi and others...

I read that both toukiden and j star victory + for ps4 have slowdowns not present on the relative vita versions, are we sure that those and other western exclusive ps4 versions are not ports from sony teams? :p

I wouldn't be surprised, considering that is a likely a big reason there are even PS4 versions to begin with; Sony wants to sell systems in JP, so why not port some successful PS Vita games to the platform to help make it look better?

In the case for Toukiden and J Star Victory +, I would think that the slow down is due to it being a rushed up-port of the Vita/PS3 versions; leading to poor optimization of the games.

I'm sure latter localization like Digimon and Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment/Lost Song PS4 will be better.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised, considering that is a likely a big reason there are even PS4 versions to begin with; Sony wants to sell systems in JP, so why not port some successful PS Vita games to the platform to help make it look better?

In the case for Toukiden and J Star Victory +, I would think that the slow down is due to it being a rushed up-port of the Vita/PS3 versions; leading to poor optimization of the games.

I'm sure latter localization like Digimon and Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment/Lost Song PS4 will be better.
What makes you think those ports will be better? Considering that none of them released alongside other versions, they'll be rushed ports also. SAO HF seems to quick cash in port and it has only been few months since LS came out.

Bandai US is really crap, why are they putting digital only J Stars on Vita?

Benedict

I would get quite a few of those Arcade Archives titles, if they were half-price or less.

No word, hints yet of Julys PS+ games?

RK128

What makes you think those ports will be better? Considering that none of them released alongside other versions, they'll be rushed ports also. SAO HF seems to quick cash in port and it has only been few months since LS came out.

Bandai US is really crap, why are they putting digital only J Stars on Vita?

Who knows I guess :l? I would think that as they continue making the PS3/Vita to PS4 ports, they would naturally get better as they better understand the hardware.

At the very least, I don't expect the SAO ports to have those issues, as they should be simple to port over (complete Vita/PS3 versions to work with).

N° 2048

I want to play Steins;Gate, do I need to go through Chaos;Head or Robotic;Notes to not be confused?

Or should I be OK with Steins;Gate anime + game ?

Saphirax

I want to play Steins;Gate, do I need to go through Chaos;Head or Robotic;Notes to not be confused?

You don't need to play any of the other games. Also, don't watch the anime first. Just play the VN and then decide if you want to see the anime.

N° 2048

You don't need to play any of the other games. Also, don't watch the anime first. Just play the VN and then decide if you want to see the anime.

Cool, any difference between the PC and Vita versions? (I think Vita isn't out yet in NA but I can import from UK.)

You can ignore the anime completely if you want, or watch it afterward if you want to reexperience the story. Chaos;Head anime absolutely should be ignored, it's terrible. We're hoping for a Chaos;Head Noah localization announcement in the next week or so, but either way it's not required reading before Steins;Gate. There are some references dropped, but nothing essential.

Saphirax

Cool, any difference between the PC and Vita versions? (I think Vita isn't out yet in NA but I can import from UK.)

Not really as far as I know. It's just a matter of preference whether you want it on a portable or not. And yeah the NA version isn't out yet. PQube has a booth at AX so it'll probably be announced there.

autoduelist

Okay, back on lighter notes, what did you guys get from the flash sale :)?

Grabbed

PS4 -- How to Survive, Rack N Ruin, Ziggurat

PS3 -- Might & magic Duel of champions (ps3 not even plugged in, but always wanted to give this ccg a try because i heard good things)

Vita - Dungeon Hunter Alliance, dungeon explorer, hyperdimension neptunia.

Still thinking of picking some other stuff up, like the genesis collection and some psm games.

the main selling point of the pstv was playing vita games on your TV and it didn't even fully do that, it was a complete failure

Anyone who played Uncharted could have told you there was almost no way it would be pstv compatible, and we all knew going in not every game would be. It's an amazing psp/ps1/vita machine you can play on a tv and can fit in a pocket.

Sure, if you expect everything no matter how impossible, you'll be disappointed. Keep your expectations reasonable and it's a great device.

Buy "oh deer!" . it's an awesome psm little game. Hotline Miami meets outrun.

ok. sold.
EDIT - -Where is it? Can't find it.
EDIT -- in racing. of course.
EDIT -- bought.

Also, do we have a fixed date as the last day for PSM?

Sega Genesis Collection is the best part of that Sega sale

how big is it on vita? my 64 is around 100 gigs too small.

If so then I want to point out that Fragment's Note has been reduced to $1.99.

[snip]

16Bit Trader ($1.49)
Ambition of the Slimes ($4.29)
Haunt the House: Terrortown ($3.49)
Musync ($6.49)

Or any other last minute recs, of course!

Ambition of the Slimes is high on my 'want' list, but $4.29 is hard to take a chance on. It sounds so awesome.

someone round these parts talked up haunt the house, I think.

A healer only lives twice -- looks cool... [in store now]... if you buy, let us know if it's good? same with 16 bit trader

Picbox is one of the best PSM games imo, and the developer lowered the price to as low as they would allow when the closure was announced. I'd recommend checking it out.

The download itself is free but it's only a demo, you buy the rest of the game via a one time in-app purchase.

Oh, nice. I think i played the demo and enjoyed it. Will buy it and get the dlc.

---------------

PSM Question -- has it been confirmed we can move stuff to pc via content manager and still have them work later when we bring them back?

I really don't mind that they are taking the store down --- honestly, it was a failed venture and makes sense -- i just wish they were keeping up some minimalist 'download list'.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I backupped on pc all the psm games i decided to keep, but honestly i don't see me playing them ever again.

I played demon gaze a little and damn it feels SO mcuh more polished and generally better than elminage original, eo is really bad in every aspect, i really wanted to get into elminage original but i couldn't. Some designs in demon gaze are bad though and there's the weapon store guy that looks wrong.

Can't wait for stranger of sword city(and yugioh and digimon) i really hope that at AX there will be good news for me :)

From the eu sale I also bought prinny 2 even if i remember that i really sucked at it and maybe i will buy castlevania psp even if i have already beaten it.

Looks spectacular honestly. Hopefully it gets localized soon which might possibly happen at the anime expo next week correct?
If they don't announce it there then it's never gonna come. I'll probably import this one if that is the case, since I know the story for the first one already.

Ephidel

Also, do we have a fixed date as the last day for PSM?
Going by this: http://community.us.playstation.com...pdate-on-PlayStation-Mobile-PSM/td-p/45023971
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) has announced that PlayStation®Mobile (PSM) will cease distribution of content after July 15, 2015*1 and in-app purchases/re-download of purchased content will be discontinued after September 10, 2015.
Looks spectacular honestly. Hopefully it gets localized soon which might possibly happen at the anime expo next week correct?
I've been thinking they might 'skip' GE2RB and go straight to announcing Resurrection because it makes more sense to start with the 'first' game... and because they already have most of it translated so it would be less of an investment.
And they could always (claim that they'll) use sales of GER to measure interest in GE2RB, although I guess it could be slightly off if some people avoid buying because they've played it before.

... It would be the fifth time for me (GE+GEB in JP physical, GEB UK physical, GEB US digitally). I'd still buy it again.

I did try to tempt fate by importing GE2RB though. It would be sort of fitting for them to announce it for localisation before I've even gotten around to playing it (It just arrived but I haven't started it yet because I'm still trying to beat マガツキュウビ in GE2. I hate this fight, although I guess I'd hate it less if it wasn't dead set on proving to me that I suck).

pariah164

Welp.

MKZgBOy.jpg
Time to dive in.
If I can ever stop playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

ToTP: Buy Operation Abyss this month, then Lost Dimension and Deception IV: Nightmare Princess next month

Top Bottom