• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

March 1
  • Akehine’s Gun (PS4)
  • Broforce (PS4)
  • Don’t Die, Mr. Robot (PS4)
  • Heavy Rain (PS4)
  • Ironcast (PS4)
  • McDroid (PS4)
  • Mortal Kombat XL (PS4)
  • Screencheat (PS4)
  • Square Heroes (PS4)
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition (PS4)
March 2
  • Gunscape (PS4)
March 8
  • Action Henk (PS4)
  • Assault Android Cactus (PS4)
  • Blast Em Bunnies (PS4, Vita)
  • Kholat (PS4)
  • Hitman (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4)
March 15
  • EA Sports UFC 2 (PS4)
  • Samurai Warriors 4 Empires (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4)
March 22
  • Alienation (PS4)
  • Lichdom: Battlemage (PS4)
  • Republique (PS4)
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  • 101 Ways to Die (PS4)
March 29
  • MLB 16 The Show (PS4, PS3)
  • Nights of Azure (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
  • Trillion: Gods of Destruction (Vita)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:

• Broforce, PS4
  • Flame Over, Vita
  • Galak-Z, PS4
  • Reality Fighters, Vita
  • Super Stardust HD, PS3
  • The Last Guy, PS3

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF community on PS4. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!​

Hikami

Dead month for me.

Would've maybe gotten Nights of Azure and The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition but I just spent a bunch of money building a PC. Will have to get them when they're cheaper.

maouvin

Day 1 for Azure, and might grab Hundred Knights tomorrow depending on the BR PSN pricing (who knows what exchange rate they'll use this time).
And if Cactus gets a nice PS+ runner-up discount, I'm in.

Trillion and EV will have to sit on the wishlist for a while though.

RK128

latest

February was a great month for me personally; playing through my favorite series and talking about it with everyone on NeoGaf, starting my student observational teaching, and just having a smooth time with college so far.

Hope March is a great month for us all and that it is kind to the Vita. February had a lot of great stuff like Digimon come out, so hopeful some great stuff comes out this month too.

Might get Digimon (never got a chance to get it in Feb) and some good sales. Not PS Related but will be getting some 3DS Sonic's for the Retrospective (want to play Lost World and Boom 3DS to properly comment on each game).

Happy gaming and lets have a great month :).

Not really anything for me, this month. Which I'm okay with, more time to work on my backlog and hopefully dig into some of the games I bought last month and haven't played yet.

RK128

Not really anything for me, this month. Which I'm okay with, more time to work on my backlog and hopefully dig into some of the games I bought last month and haven't played yet.

In the same exact boat buddy; lots of Vita games to get through before I get Digimon latter this month.

Also got a few Sonic games to dig into, with two of them finally having me pick up my Vita for Sonic goodness :). Will put a link to the Sonic Rivals series when I get around to making that :D.

RK128

Super excited for The Division, even though I am still playing through FE Fates slowly and loving it.

Hope you are enjoying Fates :D! That got great reviews so far and after hearing some of its music online, it has a great score.

Might get that down the line once I get around to playing Awakening (still didn't get that yet for my 2DS).

ryseing

Super excited for The Division, even though I am still playing through FE Fates slowly and loving it.

Same, though I'm currently playing through FC Primal as well. I was worried about having too much Ubisoft game in a short span but I figured The Division is different enough from their typical formula that I won't get burned out.

Saphirax

Being in EU means nothing for me until April, which is going to be a crowded month~.

Wonder if Ray Gigant will come out around the same time SoSC does.

Hope you are enjoying Fates :D! That got great reviews so far and after hearing some of its music online, it has a great score.

Might get that down the line once I get around to playing Awakening (still didn't get that yet for my 2DS).

I'm enjoying it so much that even though The Division is dropping next week, I may not even play it as much as I was envisioning. FE is nice because if I have time, I can sink some hours into it, if not I can just play a single chapter or do a side-quest to level up my characters or their relationships.

Same, though I'm currently playing through FC Primal as well. I was worried about having too much Ubisoft game in a short span but I figured The Division is different enough from their typical formula that I won't get burned out.

See I'm weird in a sense that I dread the thought of playing another open-world game, I sort of brought this fatigue on to me. However I am going to be playing The Division, which is very much another open world game. I think it's the RPG elements sucking me in. The setting too.

Being in EU means nothing for me until April, which is going to be a crowded month~.

Wonder if Ray Gigant will come out around the same time SoSC does.

Speaking for myself here in Canada, please no. NISA delaying SoSC to the exact same day as Uncharted 4 is enough for me on that month.

Chuy

Wallet is safe this month for me which is fine since I've still got Digimon, Cold Steel, and FC to finish before I get anything else. The only thing I might buy is The Division but even then I'm willing to wait on that.

ChrisD

Playing through Steins;Gate from the beginning with a True Ending guide at hand. Going slowly through it. Thanks to the members here (forgot the usernames, forgive me!) who said to go down all the character endings instead of just taking the "True" route - and further thanks for letting me know about manually doing things on the phone. It's super obvious, but I never thought to try. Enjoyed the four endings I have seen so far.

Sondar

So the Skullgirls 2nd Encore Skull Heart Box release date is still tba?

Only Nippon Yasan have told me to pay for my preorder by 8th March or they'll close my account. I emailed them back telling them of the 'tba' & they informed me I still have to pay now.

This game is definitely going to be released at some time isn't it?

PS+ games are up in Europe and Flame Over is free for Vita and PS4 while it should only be for Vita, the game isn't cross buy

get it quick

In the same exact boat buddy; lots of Vita games to get through before I get Digimon latter this month.

Also got a few Sonic games to dig into, with two of them finally having me pick up my Vita for Sonic goodness :). Will put a link to the Sonic Rivals series when I get around to making that :D.

Yeah, I'm hoping to finish up TiTS 2 on my PC so I can start up Cold Steel on my Vita. I'm also off and on playing P3P, just because I've never gotten around to doing a complete FeMC run of that game.

Playing through Steins;Gate from the beginning with a True Ending guide at hand. Going slowly through it. Thanks to the members here (forgot the usernames, forgive me!) who said to go down all the character endings instead of just taking the "True" route - and further thanks for letting me know about manually doing things on the phone. It's super obvious, but I never thought to try. Enjoyed the four endings I have seen so far.

Woo, Steins;Gate! Glad you're enjoying it, looking forward to hearing your impressions of the true ending!

RK128

Yeah, I'm hoping to finish up TiTS 2 on my PC so I can start up Cold Steel on my Vita. I'm also off and on playing P3P, just because I've never gotten around to doing a complete FeMC run of that game.

You are in for a treat with the FeMC run! She has a different personality from the Male MC and you have new social links to see.

You also get new themes for the game, with one of my favorite battle themes in any JRPG included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kLTl4DqGHE

Christian

Still can't believe Atlus hasn't done a definitive version of Persona 3. Maybe after Persona 5 is out of the way, they'll have time to focus on a smaller project. LET ME DREAM.

The dream is dead, isn't it?

RK128

Still can't believe Atlus hasn't done a definitive version of Persona 3. Maybe after Persona 5 is out of the way, they'll have time to focus on a smaller project. LET ME DREAM.

The dream is dead, isn't it?

Its never dead! We gotta unleash Mass Destruction if that version of P3 doesn't happen :D!

*Cough* I'm serious though, it will come at some point. Likely after P5's launch. They ARE making movies based off Persona 3, so it would just mean more money for them if a definitive version releases on PS4/Vita.

VLiberty

What's wrong with it?
Those are the brand new psn and ps+ cards, on sale since mid february. The ps+ one only features the ps4 label, while the credit card one is just like before and features ps3, ps4 and vita. This could mean no more ps3 and vita slots on ps+

RK128

Those are the brand new psn and ps+ cards, on sale since mid february. The ps+ one only features the ps4 label, while the credit card one is just like before and features ps3, ps4 and vita. This could mean no more ps3 and vita slots on ps+

It will cause quite the shit storm if this really does happen. But with how Sony doesn't care about the Vita and how the PS3 is slowly dying out, it makes sense for them to only focus on PS4.

Honestly, I am only getting a PS4 because a very small handful of games (Ratchet, Uncharted, Persona 5, FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier 2) and ironically my PS+ PS4 backlog. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider getting a PS4, as Sony showed that they don't support things that aren't successful. And I'm a bit biter about there Vita support (but I mostly feel 'meh' rather then angry about that now).

With how many indies are cross-platform, they will never fully 'ditch' the Vita regarding Plus but I could easily see them down-playing the PS+ line ups on PS3/Vita even more then they do now in the future.

2017 might be the last year we get Plus games on PS3 and Vita :(.

Prelude.

I think they've been doing that for more than a year if not even more.

incpdo

It will cause quite the shit storm if this really does happen. But with how Sony doesn't care about the Vita and how the PS3 is slowly dying out, it makes sense for them to only focus on PS4.

Honestly, I am only getting a PS4 because a very small handful of games (Ratchet, Uncharted, Persona 5, FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier 2) and ironically my PS+ PS4 backlog. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider getting a PS4, as Sony showed that they don't support things that aren't successful. And I'm a bit biter about there Vita support (but I mostly feel 'meh' rather then angry about that now).

With how many indies are cross-platform, they will never fully 'ditch' the Vita regarding Plus but I could easily see them down-playing the PS+ line ups on PS3/Vita even more then they do now in the future.

2017 might be the last year we get Plus games on PS3 and Vita :(.
No gravity rush 2?

Prelude.

Definitely not in europe. The PS4 logo was bigger on the old cards but PS3 and Vita were still there
I might be misremembering but I think I've seen that many months ago and thought it was kinda weird but also not so much since it's still Sony.

Flunkie

Banned
I gave in and bought Primal to take advantage of the $15 off deal... and its fucking gorgeous.

The game gives me mixed feelings however.

Christian

You know, it's weird. I've been on Internet user groups and forums since the mid-1990s, and I cannot recall, at any point, people begging for PC-to-console ports like PC gamers today beg for console ports. There used to be a lot of arcade-to-console anguish, and of course there were always a couple exceptions. But not to the point where I can't help but think, "if you want all of these console games, why are you playing on PC?"

As a footnote, I'd like to say that I think I'Il probably opt out of contemporary gaming the moment dedicated consoles take the "PCs in disguise," upgradable bullcrap route. And I think a lot of people would be with me. I'm capable of building and upgrading a PC, I just don't want to do it. What percentage of the current console market do you think is capable of maintaining a PC adequately? And how many handhelds or consoles are purchased as gifts for people or kids with the knowledge that it's something you can get and give and it'll be good for a few years, at least?

Top Bottom