• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

6YOYJxv.jpg

Square Heroes PS4 - Single screen couch/online competitive multiplayer game. Single player is just the same game. There are a lot of these indies coming out lately but this is one of the best especially for $5. The menus and art could be better but gameplay is a blast. Drop in/out online works exceptionally well especially since bots can fill out the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XuYVFywkpk

V1CaUdh.jpg

Knock-knock PS4/Vita - Horror game like PT where it just drops you in and you need to figure out what is going on. Random elements keep it fresh on retries. You will die a lot testing out and figuring out what is going on and it can get tedious when you die towards the end of a level. Can be scary with the slow pace and sudden things happening. Vita version runs like poop.

PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJBVMnQR2MA
Vita: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmV6DWoa0w

Made a video for Not a Hero where I gush over how much I love the game. Everyone needs to buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0CBsJgbvzo

Currently top of GOTY 2016 for me so far:

1. Not a Hero
  2. GALAK-Z
  3. Tharsis
  4. Square Heroes
  5. LEVEL 22

For some reason I was expecting those to release later on the year. Good stuff.

Yup it's nice knowing that this is coming so soon. Gotta start working on the visuals for the OTs, specially if both come close to one another.

I want to look forward to their releases, but I fully expect to be hit with import costs when it comes to getting a physical copy for Vita. It seems clear at this point that Bamco has given up on US physical runs for Vita games.

Wait, I thought they confirmed physical on Vita in NA. Am I mistaken??

Yeah this is unclear at this point. A physical release for the Vita would be great. But I'm fully expecting it to be digital there, with physical copies dropping on PS4 only.

Still bummed it's going to be dub only. They haven't addressed why we won't get subs/dual audio anywhere, have they?

Pretty sure it's the usual licensing stuff. Burst was Eng only too back in '11.

Saphirax

Yup it's nice knowing that this is coming so soon. Gotta start working on the visuals for the OTs, specially if both come close to one another.

Yeah this is unclear at this point. A physical release for the Vita would be great. But I'm fully expecting it to be digital there, with physical copies dropping on PS4 only.

Pretty sure it's the usual licensing stuff. Burst was Eng only too back in '11.

I heard that the Burst dub was bad :/. At least with the game being dubbed they can't screw up the translation (for the most part).

I heard that the Burst dub was bad :/. At least with the game being dubbed they can't screw up the translation (for the most part).

But weren't all dubs from back then laughbly bad anyway? I mean quality has become a lot higher since those days. Granted a cringy script is still a cringy script, but the voices these days are damn solid. I'm expecting a lot of the voices we are accustomed to from recent Tales games, this being a Bamco effort and all.

Saphirax

But weren't all dubs from back then laughbly bad anyway? I mean quality has become a lot higher since those days. Granted a cringy script is still a cringy script, but the voices these days are damn solid. I'm expecting a lot of the voices we are accustomed to from recent Tales games, this being a Bamco effort and all.

Not all of them were. It seems Bamco wants GE to be big in the west so their efforts should at least match their Tales of output.

Prelude.

Releasing two near identical 60 hours+ games at the same time is wanting them to be big?
The whole GE in the west situation is a mess.

Saphirax

Releasing two near identical 60 hours+ games at the same time is wanting them to be big?

They know people wouldn't buy GR:Resurrection and would wait for 2 :p so they're releasing both at the same time!

That doesn't really have anything to do with it.

They're doing EFIGS localization, pushing the anime, dubs, PC port.

They started late, but if they sell both games in a smart way (some kind of bundle), that can only help the franchise. That's a lot of game for your money.

What else can or should they do with the franchise in your opinion, except going back in time?

Saphirax

That doesn't really have anything to do with it.

They're doing EFIGS localization, pushing the anime, dubs.

They started late, but if they sell both games in a smart way (some kind of bundle), that can only help the franchise. That's a lot of game for your money.

What else can or should they do with the franchise in your opinion, except going back in time?

Yep, that coupled with dev diaries, facebook and twitter is a lot more than they've done for their other releases. I'm personally hoping for a decently priced bundle. Shame it probably won't be physical (or even 1 physical + digital).

Benedict

Have they removed Fallout 4 season pack from PAN completely?
Can't find it on Swedish PSN store.
They raised the price too early before and now it seemed to have disappeared.

Prelude.

That's the point. It's too late and they're not even trying to appeal to the audience of a super niche genre (before you mention MH, this is not endorsed by Nintendo and its army) by making it dub only. A huge part of its potential audience after 2 years of waiting coupled with a (pretty likely)terrible dub just doesn't care anymore.

Releasing them in a single package is the least dumb thing they could do but the damage is done. GE:R shouldn't even exist but that's beside the point.

A huge part of its potential audience after 2 years of waiting coupled with a (pretty likely)terrible dub just doesn't care anymore.

Yeah I don't believe that.
Original VA is not as important as you think and a 2 year wait really isn't that much. People don't lose interest that easily just because they have to wait a bit. There's also no real alternative.
GE:R shouldn't even exist but that's beside the point.
uh huh

danowat

Banned
It's probably a very niche product, but I picked up Ironcast and I really like it.

Pretty slick production values, and I really like the art style, bit of a shame that the Walker graphics run at quite a low FPS and appear to have some tearing too, but I like the gameplay and art style and it's something a little different.

Prelude.

Yeah I don't believe that.
Original VA is not as important as you think and a 2 year wait really isn't that much. People don't lose interest that easily just because they have to wait a bit. There's also no real alternative.
That's what I'm seeing online. Reactions that flat to a localization aren't that common.
And it is important. It's the whole reason why they started including the jp dub in their more popular series, people want that. I'm not sure who are they trying to appeal here, the game's never gonna go mainstream so turning part of the core audience away isn't exactly the smartest decision.

Phototropic

Neo Member
It's probably a very niche product, but I picked up Ironcast and I really like it.

Pretty slick production values, and I really like the art style, bit of a shame that the Walker graphics run at quite a low FPS and appear to have some tearing too, but I like the gameplay and art style and it's something a little different.
I had identical thoughts from the hour or so I played last night.

Takao

Banned

You make it sound like Gods Eater Burst came out in 1996 and not 2011 lol.

Anyone mention this US sale schedule for the next few weeks?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...and-movie-franchise-sales-with-resident-evil/

3/1/2016 Resident Evil Sale / Resident Evil Sale
3/8/2016 Assassin’s Creed Sale / Hunger Games Sale
3/15/2016 Naughty Dog Sale / Jurassic Park Sale
3/22/2016 Call of Duty Sale / Planet of the Apes Sale
3/29/2016 Metal Gear Sale / Transformers Sale
4/5/2016 Tom Clancy’s Sale / Harry Potter Sale
4/12/2016 LEGO Sale / LEGO Sale
4/19/2016 Grand Theft Auto Sale / Fast & Furious Sale

Anyone mention this US sale schedule for the next few weeks?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...and-movie-franchise-sales-with-resident-evil/

3/1/2016 Resident Evil Sale / Resident Evil Sale
3/8/2016 Assassin’s Creed Sale / Hunger Games Sale
3/15/2016 Naughty Dog Sale / Jurassic Park Sale
3/22/2016 Call of Duty Sale / Planet of the Apes Sale
3/29/2016 Metal Gear Sale / Transformers Sale
4/5/2016 Tom Clancy’s Sale / Harry Potter Sale
4/12/2016 LEGO Sale / LEGO Sale
4/19/2016 Grand Theft Auto Sale / Fast & Furious Sale

So uh... Guess I might not be buying anything on PSN until Golden Week

That's the point. It's too late and they're not even trying to appeal to the audience of a super niche genre (before you mention MH, this is not endorsed by Nintendo and its army) by making it dub only. A huge part of its potential audience after 2 years of waiting coupled with a (pretty likely)terrible dub just doesn't care anymore.

Releasing them in a single package is the least dumb thing they could do but the damage is done. GE:R shouldn't even exist but that's beside the point.

Yeah I don't think so. Pretty much everyone I know that likes the franchise is super stoked, and friends of mine that only know God Eater from watching Ufotable's anime are happy that they can play the first game which is only on PSP and is from 2011 on their PS4 or PC (none of those scrubs has Vitas). The fact that it's 2 games has them, and me too, excited. Also I've said it before but I simply cannot understand the whole "no JP track, no buy" culture. I'd get it if one was Japanese? I am saying this as someone that watches anime btw, I would totally watch it in English if it were to release at the same time as the JP counterpart. But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

The plot is meaningless and it already came out 5 years ago so it has no purpose when GE2 is a thing. It's just a more confusing element into the GE mess.

This makes no sense. It's part of the story. Resurrection even goes as far as connecting to the second title. How is it more confusing? 1 comes before 2. An informed buyer would know by looking it up. An unninformed one would pick up the one with no number on the cover first and then 2.

You make it sound like Gods Eater Burst came out in 1996 and not 2011 lol.

Go play a dub from back then and one from now, and trust me, you will hear the difference. It's not even that small. Granted that may be because it's usually the same suspects getting the major roles these days.

That's what I'm seeing online.
Confirmation bias is strong here.

Lack of original VA won't matter. Never does.

I'm not saying it will be super successful, but the language of the voices won't have an impact either way.
The plot is meaningless and it already came out 5 years ago so it has no purpose when GE2 is a thing. It's just a more confusing element into the GE mess.
I think people get the concept of remakes and sequels.
It'll be okay

I think the people that don't want to buy the game because it doesn't have dual dub, or because they wanted a JP track only and whine about it PROBABLY didn't want the game that badly in the first place. Which is fine I guess.

Confirmation bias is strong here.

Lack of original VA won't matter. Never does.

I think the people that don't want to buy the game because it doesn't have dual dub, or because they wanted a JP track only and whine about it PROBABLY didn't want the game that badly in the first place. Which is fine I guess.

I mean, it costs money in licensing fees to put the Japanese voice acting on there, and yet, companies do it anyway. This suggests that they believe they will make more money by including it in that it costs them to include it. And it's not like people can only buy a game at launch or never at all. Things like this might make the difference between a day one full price purchase and a half price purchase some months down the road.

Well that doesn't make it all the more painful that this one got cancelled for Vita, huh? :(

Not a Hero on Vita would have been awesome. The two Olli Olli games from the same developer has to be one of my most played on Vita.

Any vita remoteplay impressions for tharsis,Firewatch, infini factory or Rebel Galaxy?

I didn't remote play these but I imagine Tharsis would be good remote play as it is turn based.

I should try Rebel Galaxy by remote play because it would be good to watch TV with because there is so many lulls of just travelling to places. I want to love that game more but so much time wasted of doing nothing and then just dying to have to go through the lull of travelling again.

Not a Hero on Vita would have been awesome. The two Olli Olli games from the same developer has to be one of my most played on Vita.

I didn't remote play these but I imagine Tharsis would be good remote play as it is turn based.

I should try Rebel Galaxy by remote play because it would be good to watch TV with because there is so many lulls of just travelling to places. I want to love that game more but so much time wasted of doing nothing and then just dying to have to go through the lull of travelling again.

Thank you for the impressions, I'll buy them all later today! :)

So any opinions on croixleur sigma? I don't trust bluemaxima ,it is too picky in some impressions

Lol, Bluemaxima is where you go if you don't really want to buy a game and want a load of reasons why you shouldn't. Seriously, that guy. I love that he covers so much content but really can't stomach how much he moans.

OT: Digimon & Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires arrived recently (thanks Wilflare!). So they're going to have to go on the backlog catalogue with Ar no Surge Plus; Atelier Escha Plus; Oreshika; Tales of Hearts R & Trails of Cold Steel. And I'm currently replaying Lost Dimension (because I loved it) and trundling my way through Hyperdevotion Noire.

Safe to say I'm sorted for March. I think Trillion will take priority in April.

SerTapTap

Have we heard anything about RIME or Wattam lately?

So any opinions on croixleur sigma? I don't trust bluemaxima ,it is too picky in some impressions

It's great! I streamed a couple hours. The original PC version showed a lot of promise with a tight arcadey experience and the PS4 version (and presumably Vita, I haven't tried it yet, so no idea of any Vita-specific issues) looks amazing and adds a bunch of extra stuff, core of combat is still tight and fun.

Be warned it's more about movement than fancy input combos so it's not quite typical character action.

FML The Division is luring me in...

https://t.co/mhB2ixylbq

I know how bad I want you. But this is only making me want you more.

I will probably play it like I did for Destiny: love it for 40 hours and then get tired of it and never want to play it again. I will feel like I got my money's worth and be happy. I doubt I will have the desire for the DLC.

The only DLC I am eyeing is the Battlefront stuff. I know it doesn't make sense.

Can someone tell me what's going on here?

I have problems with this because there is a flashback in a dream sequence. You can't have a flashback in a dream sequence.

EpicBox

I have no idea how long it's been available for, but I only just found out you can buy the PS4 remaster of Star Wars Bounty Hunter as a standalone now.

Top Bottom