• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Redhood

As someone who doesn't like P4G at all due to it's VN influences, I'd say if you like them you should jump in. It's SMT lite in all other regards, though.

Checked out PS4 gameplay and the enemies just remain on the ground for a few seconds and then they disappear. I hope the framerate is good on the vita version.

TOTP: Buy Oreshika and Helldivers next week.

RK128

I already own most of those. lol. Bolded the ones. I have only finished Jak 1 from the collection. In Jak 2 I am stuck at a driving section. I cannot seem to complete it. I finally gave up. Jet set radio looks good , has a steady frame rate but man those controls. SAO played only a bit and I really like it. It is being kept in backlog as I will play it when I will move to a place in the middle of desert without internet.
Hmm I can look at neptunia.

Sorry then, those are the ones I thought might be good picks :). You could check out the Ateler games, as other Gaffers thought they were enjoyable (they do go on sale, but now all three are on sale).

Neptunia looks to be quite fun (might end up getting that latter on), so if you want another JRPG, then that might be a good pick.

I think you were the one that sold me on the Jak Collection (telling other Gaffers that Jak 1 is playable, Jak 2 is more playable and Jak 3 is....ugh X(). If you did that, thank you :D, made my purchase of the collection all the more better :).

Go back to SAO if you have the chance; it is a great game to sink a few hours away with :D.

The Ben 10 Racer isn't a bad deal for three bucks; some fun racing mixed with cool looking aliens to play as, so while it isn't nothing special, it is a okay buy I think :).

Hope this helps :D.

Shizuka

In other news, lol @ the hating of the images - and especially at the "Despite appearances, this isn't a PSV thread" bit.

Who're you kidding? This thread is 95% Vita, and seeing as how Vita can't have its own thread it's likely to stay that way.

tumblr_nk7f2rqb0p1rijmvyo1_540.gif

I honestly can't see an appeal to anyone doing much, even if it had the entire forum backing it. People rarely reverse decisions, especially this long after the fact.

I could see them making a dedicated PS4 thread before giving us back a Vita one, and I've made my peace with that.

So, that said - back to the Vita chat. ;)

Redhood

When our thread was taken from us we prevailed.
When we were merged under PSN we prevailed.
When we were moved to community we prevailed. We are vitagaf and none can hold us.

Producer

I gotta say that that gif really is annoying too.

People get mad when other non vita owners say that vita library is filled with 'otaku trash etc etc', but then that gif is posted in every vita thread in Gaming , it just reinforces their beliefs. Cant really blame them for thinking that.

Tizoc

Eh no offense, but I've always seen this as the Vita thread since that's what the majority discuss here, PS4 and PS3 discussions are very...slim, like I could I mention PS3 stuff but then most posters end up talking about Vita stuff :p

antibolo

Banned
I gotta say that that gif really is annoying too.

People get mad when other non vita owners say that vita library is filled with 'otaku trash etc etc', but then that gif is posted in every vita thread in Gaming , it just reinforces their beliefs. Cant really blame them for thinking that.

Couldn't care less about their beliefs.

Flunkie

Banned
ok so lets talk about PS3/PS4

I think I'll dig out my PS3 and start playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen again after talking about it on Twitter. I never did beat that. I'll have to play with PS4 controller though, I just can't go back to DS3.

edit: back to Vita:

Can anyone who has Freedom wars theme take screenshots of the wallpapers by moving one icon around. That way we can atleast have the wallpapers with some minor editing. Same goes for danganronpa.
How is One Piece?
Already put 11+ hours into Valhalla Knights 3.

It's um..pretty dang addicting.
But I always seem to enjoy games where I can create characters and build my own parties.

Stop making me want this, I don't need to buy anything else.

Are those non-existent enemy death animations due to the weapon being used? The game looks right up my alley but something looks a bit off there.

I noticed this as well. It's weirdly jarring. The earlier gameplay videos I've watched has death animations so I want to say that it's just the weapon? Or maybe it's a concession they made for the Vita version to run well?

Tapejara

PS Now has kind of taken over my PS3 needs. With the exception of PS3 games I'm already pretty far into, I'd rather just play them through PS Now. DS4 makes the experience so much better, but Sony really does have to add an option to swap the shoulder buttons with the triggers.

That said, being able to play Warhawk on PS4 is awesome.

ZeroAKA

It's not like the mods are showing preferential treatment by letting other systems have their own threads. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how a Vita thread was even allowed to exist for so long. I like the Vita as much as you all do and love that there's a thread so heavily focused on the Vita, but this thread isn't supposed to be a walled garden solely for Vita owners. I wouldn't mind (or even prefer) seeing more PS4/PS3 discussions once in a while to mix up the convo a bit.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled
disturbing
wrestler pics and Vita GIFs.

Y'all really have a lack of grace that makes me regret my appeal to the mods that you get your own thread. But, hey, insularity will surely help your cause.
You can't be serious. Does every thread become like this when it is moved to community? The same shit is happening in the Steam thread every week when people talk about Japanese games. There is no "cause".

I think I'll dig out my PS3 and start playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen again after talking about it on Twitter. I never did beat that. I'll have to play with PS4 controller though, I just can't go back to DS3.
I'm still planning on playing Yakuza 4, Drakengard 3 (lol), Ni No Kuni and KH BBS HD, but it's really hard to fin the time when there are so many other PS4
and Vita
games coming out. I'll definitely play Drakengard at least once when it arrives though to see how bad it really is. I didn't even think about the fact that I can use the DS4. Are there any problems doing that or does it just work?

Flunkie

Banned
PS Now has kind of taken over my PS3 needs. With the exception of PS3 games I'm already pretty far into, I'd rather just play them through PS Now. DS4 makes the experience so much better, but Sony really does have to add an option to swap the shoulder buttons with the triggers.

That said, being able to play Warhawk on PS4 is awesome.

I wish my internet was good enough to do this. I looooved Warhawk, that sounds like so much fun with the DS4.

You can't be serious. Does every thread become like this when it is moved to community? The same shit is happening in the Steam thread every week when people talk about Japanese games. There is no "cause".

I'm still planning on playing Yakuza 4, Drakengard 3 (lol), Ni No Kuni and KH BBS HD, but it's really hard to fin the time when there are so many other PS4
and Vita
games coming out. I'll definitely play Drakengard at least once when it arrives though to see how bad it really is. I didn't even think about the fact that I can use the DS4. Are there any problems doing that or does it just work?

Ah yes, I need to play Yakuza 4 and Ni No Kuni as well. Sigh. I wish I could just stop all time, play about 50 games from my backlog in a row, and I'd be so much happier knowing I've completed all these awesome things I want to experience.

bobohoro

I need to finish Yakuza 4 someday, I'm somewhere in the middle of character 3 and just don't have the drive to carry on. The gameplay just gets in the way for me, I mean, everything that's there (and it's a ton of stuff) is pretty solid for the most part, but I just don't really care for most of it and dislike the open world aspect, however small it may be compared to other games like GTA or Saints Row. I began just rushing from marker to marker to advance the story, which is great and has some really badass characters, but the constant tension resets with character switches tired me out a bit and I lost focus/interest/fun somewhere along the road.

Aside from that there isn't really much more I want to play on my PS3. Tales Of Zesteria would be the only exclusive down the road, but even that isn't a must-buy for me after I cooled off the series a bit with the last three entries. So I'll probably only use it to further my fighting games training a bit, with Ultimax right now, UNIEL in the near future and DBFC in the summer.

PS4 is still kinda uncertain. I was always of the mind that I'll get one with Bloodborne, but my master thesis and MH4U/Toukiden Kiwami leave little to no time to really justify a purchase right now, so I'll probably wait for the first bigger price drop or bundle to come along.

I would talk about PS3 but all it has are old games I've already played and ports, and PS4 has no games.

<doing it right?

I can talk to anyone I know anywhere else online about whatever the latest big PS4 game is, and there's usually a busy OT for it if I want (which is usually argument central)... but it's pretty much only here where I can get my news about Oreshika having an English listing on Play Asia (the day of), be alerted to a PS blog post that I would've missed otherwise, post/see pick ups for Vita games, or talk/read about whatever new smaller indie game with at least a few people when it comes out and not just when it goes free on PS+ IGC. Plus, unlike reddit, half the posters ITT aren't angry randos that still have severe buyer's remorse 3 years later, so you can actually enjoy yourself.

Doesn't mean I won't still say I'm enjoying/hyped for a PS4 game in here. Been playing Far Cry 4 and stopped to watch House of Cards. I'll be buying like 6 Vita games next month, but will probably spend 90% of my time playing Bloodborne when it comes out.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Played about an hour of P4G. Definitely like it so far, but it's been all visual novel so far so yeah. Soundtrack seems pretty cool so far as well. I was dancing before the game actually started so that's a good sign lol.

Chuy

My ps3 is still kicking after finally bumming a 500 SSHD off a pc friend that didn't need it and might start going digital due to how much faster my digital games load in tandem with how good psn sales are getting. Games i'm currently playing are the KH2.5 remix,Destiny and PvZ GW.

As for ps4 still too much at the moment for me to consider purchasing as well as lack of games appealing to me.

See ps3/ps4 talk isn't difficult

Shizuka

Played about an hour of P4G. Definitely like it so far, but it's been all visual novel so far so yeah. Soundtrack seems pretty cool so far as well. I was dancing before the game actually started so that's a good sign lol.

The beginning is pure visual novel, but the game isn't like that after the introduction. You'll get dungeons and social interactions soon enough.

Tapejara

and Vita

Drakengard 3 was awesome. Made my GOTY list too.

Renpatsu

Lots of folks dislike the first few hours of the game precisely because of what you mentioned, but I figured since you had experience reading dialogue boxes it'd be a non-issue. For my part that slow swell into the storyline is just another reason to like it.

autoduelist

There's two very simple reasons Vita talk dominates this thread:

1) VitaGaf has always been strong community, and there aren't many other strong Vita communities. Other platforms (ps4, etc) don't need to come to gaf to find a strong community.

2) Vita conversations cover a huge amount of playstation territory. Despite it having 'no games', we can actually play psp games, ps1 games, vita games, some remastered/ported ps2/ps3 games, and many PS4 psn games. That means, in general, vita conversation 'scoops' all those other platforms -- that is, any psp conversation is essentially vita conversation, and while ps1 classics can be played on ps3, it gets rolled into vita as well.

So it is what it is.

ps4 talk:

Geometry Wars 3 is excellent. Far harder than I expected, and it's my genre of choice (ie, usually gives me no problem).

It's not like the mods are showing preferential treatment by letting other systems have their own threads. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how a Vita thread was even allowed to exist for so long. I like the Vita as much as you all do and love that there's a thread so heavily focused on the Vita, but this thread isn't supposed to be a walled garden solely for Vita owners. I wouldn't mind (or even prefer) seeing more PS4/PS3 discussions once in a while to mix up the convo a bit.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled
disturbing
wrestler pics and Vita GIFs.

It's incredibly hard to curate internet discussion. I find the attempts on Gaf to be rather odd -- if you have a huge base of people wanting to talk about something, I don't quite get the concept of moving/shifting/etc those people. Rather, I'd imagine going with the flow and facilitating the natural grouping of forum discussion to make more sense. Otherwise it's like trying to dam a river with inadequate materials. Instead we end up with the psn thread being the vita thread, and non-vita owners feel out of their element.

That said, as someone else mentioned, even the Steam thread gets overrun with anime/etc pics nowadays -- which is a different issue than pure vita talk, certainly, but similar to the current issue with people discussing certain images popping up again and again. I do know it makes me feel uncomfortable at times scrolling through a forum if other people are around because I have no idea what's going to be on the screen.

But part of gaf is the gifs. i prefer the truly funny ones over the meme ones though (though that overlaps at times, obviously).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's also no reason this thread can't be the Vita thread in community. It just couldn't be the Vita thread in gaming.

Goddamn, I might have to buy a PSN card if I want to play Oreshika on tuesday... I got my credit card info stolen from me, someone tried to order over $1000 worth of tickets to some club event in the UK... The fraud department from my bank caught this, and I'm off the hook, but I have no CC for a week...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The old upcoming games thread was moved to community but when a new one was made the mods apparently had no problem with it being in gaming again. Doesn't that kinda indicate that the mods have changed their tune with regards to certain things at least? I don't think having a vita thread in community at least should be that out of the question.

Shizuka

The old upcoming games thread was moved to community but when a new one was made the mods apparently had no problem with it being in gaming again. Doesn't that kinda indicate that the mods have changed their tune with regards to certain things at least? I don't think having a vita thread in community at least should be that out of the question.

From what I've seen, they let the topic remain at Gaming for a couple of weeks, maybe even a couple of months, only then they'll move it to Community.

Shun

Which version of Disgaea Return is best to get back into content and gameplay wise, 3 Return or 4 Return for Vita?

Last game I played was Disgaea 2 and I feel like picking up either 3/4R, but not both. I don't think I have time for both and I feel like there will be too much redundancy between both of them.

Which has more Asagi?

ZeroAKA

Which version of Disgaea Return is best to get back into content and gameplay wise, 3 Return or 4 Return for Vita?

Last game I played was Disgaea 2 and I feel like picking up either 3/4R, but not both. I don't think I have time for both and I feel like there will be too much redundancy between both of them.

Which has more Asagi?
4 is much better. It also has the superior Asagi storyline.

incpdo

What's your release date predictions for vita's version of resident evil revelations 2? Do you think they will add any content? Do you believe they will release a physical version too? I'm buying this game day 1 for a reason, capcom has to realize there is a market for horror games on vita. I know 1 purchase doesn't make a difference but is my support to Sony and capcom in order to continue that kind of move.
Portable raid mode will be a blast to play I know because I have enjoyed this on 3ds but even when 3ds version of revelation is great I always thought this was a vita game.

Tapejara

What's your release date predictions for vita's version of resident evil revelations 2? Do you think they will add any content? Do you believe they will release a physical version too? I'm buying this game day 1 for a reason, capcom has to realize there is a market for horror games on vita. I know 1 purchase doesn't make a difference but is my support to Sony and capcom in order to continue that kind of move.
Portable raid mode will be a blast to play I know because I have enjoyed this on 3ds but even when 3ds version of revelation is great I always thought this was a vita game.

I'm guessing we'll get the game sometime after all of the episodes have been released. I'd guess June at the earliest.

Unfortunately, doubt we'll get a physical release. Sony announced it as digital only. I'm still picking it up though; hopefully if it performs well Sony will fund other Vita ports.

Takao

Banned

you should first hope that the vita version isn't missing content

I only talk about the vita since its the only PS platform that I own. Unless everyone wants to hear about a game on Steam from me, it will be the only discussions I can share and talk about with others.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Is changing to a JPN account the only way to get the nice themes for the Vita? I actually like the Tokyo Xanadu theme there.

Zhao_Yun

Just finished Metal Gear Rising from my Plus backlog and will probably tackle Tales of Xillia 2 next. Also pre-ordered Bloodborne.

Playing Monster Monpiece on the Vita at the moment. I really like the card battles but it's a shame that the AI isn't good enough to be much of a challenge. I just arrived in Chapter 6 and I think the AI only managed to damage my HQ once.

Jumped on dat Meruru sale

The fact that this has remained the de facto Vita thread I think also has something to do with the fact that the Vita at least comes across as much more married to digital than Sony's consoles.

autoduelist

Damn, Zombie Army Trilogy comes out this week? Don't think I'm going to have enough cash.

Is this actually good?

----

Accidentally got myself addicted to Conception 2. It's... kind of ridiculous, but having all those children that need leveling up makes it a great casual grinder.

You have 3 sets of 3 children at any time on your team (they work together and are treated as 3 'characters' in a standard rpg, but you get bonus skills based on class/level composition.)

The interesting/addictive part is that they are level capped at birth based on you and your partners level. So, for example, at first they're capped at level 10. My current batch are capped at around level 39, depending on the child. And so as they reach the cap, you shuffle them out for new ones that are level 1, but have a better level cap -- and many new classes become available over time. By the time you have your current batch level'd, your main characters are many levels higher too, so your cap goes up a bunch, you have new classes to try, etc.

I don't really want to be addicted to it, but it's not terrible at least. Easy mobs auto-die by running through them, which is also nice.

For Dracula X, you can unlock the two included games through the following means:
-Rondo of Blood:
Go to stage 4.
On your way through twards the end of the stage you will find 6 of those skulls that spit fire stacked on top of each other. Just past them is a platform that moves like an inverted pengelium going left and right. Just opposite of it is a spiked ball. Get on the platform and jump over the spiked ball landing on the ground against the wall. Break the lower part of the wall to find a bomb. Hit the bomb to ingite it and the wall will come falling down. Walk forward a bit and you will find 2 spiked platforms that try to crush you. Get on the right platform and as it's going up jump off of it and land on the upper level. Stay on top avoiding the axes and the yellow eye. At the very end of that platform is a candle hit it and inside will be some classic gaming goodness
-SoTN:
In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!). In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.

The unlockable characters are from the PS1 version (Victor) and Saturn version (Mara), with the later playing a bit differently from that version. Their is new voice acting too, so while it is different then the PS1 version, you might like it :).

The JSR port is a fantastic port; great performance, runs at native res, the controls transitioned to Vita greatly, and the touch screen support (tagging) is well implemented (though optional; can still use the analog stick for that if you want). The game is still the same game as the original, so control issues from the original JSR are present, but outside of that, fantastic port of one of Sega's Dreamcast classics :).

Can I play the original Rhondo from the main menu once it's unlocked?

Top Bottom