• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting is starting! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in February 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Counting votes (+ new thread) tomorrow!

adarker

Banned
The hold up is that they're still negotiating for them.

Not sure why everything is last minute with Sony/PlayStation, but it seems to be.

But it's awful convenient that they knew the December and January line-ups in time to sell Plus memberships for Christmas.

Sony: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1995.

RK128

The PS+ games for March are still up in the air? Guess a lot of their go-to picks for March (OilOil 2 for example) slipped through the deals, leading them to scrabble to find SOMETHING to put up for the Month as a replacement(s).

....My guess from a combination from rumored games in the PS+ Thread and my guesses are the following:
PS4: Vileant Hearts/Rayman Legends and Killzone Shadowfall
PS3: Darksiders II and a PSN Indie game
Vita: LittleBigPlanet Vita and a upcoming Indie tittle.

I hope we get a great month in March either way though :).

RK128

Dang it, Criminal Girls keep increasing in votes every time I post that GotM thing. >.>"

Guess a lot of people are enjoying the game then :). I voted for Kick and Fennick (really enjoyed what I played of it; such a fun and inventive platformer that looks/runs great on the Vita :D), but a lot came out this month for the Vita. Next month is....man, their is TO much coming next month XD!

Tons of quality indie games, a game from Sony (crazy, they are supporting their own platform for a change!), and so much more (not to mention PS4/PS3 games like Bloodborn and others coming next month) all are making March quite the month for gaming :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What else was released?

I mean, Criminal Girls has a bad reputation for not even being a fun game, but it has notoriety while I can't even remember anything else that was released this month.

A few impressions from the games on sale that I've bought (and played):
F 2nd - I've bought this along with the Song club pass since I like the DLC songs with it. If the linked Star notes are not here, I can easily recommend this over the original. Better graphics, faster loading times, More content but that pesky mechanic plus its tendency to sometimes obsfucate the keys through their arrangement can easily overwhelm a newcomer to the series. Still a great game though.

Monster Monpiece - Yay! I can finally understand what they are saying (had a JPN cart before). Suprisingly good game. Its more like a tower defense game than trading card where you have to protect your HQ (or don't have any more remaining cards left in the deck) from monsters of your enemies. Tip: Don't upgrade every card you have in the deck. Sometimes their LV3 versions are gimped than the LV2 ones.

EDF Vita - Bugs galore. Just shooting tons of BUGS while not minding the tanking framerate when so many things are onscreen feels great. I really don't know why I haven't bought this before.

Castlevania DXC - Tizoc recommended me this game. Boy, it feels like a nostalgia trip to the good 2D Castlevania games of yesteryears. Plus that sexy Japaneses voice. Haven't delve much into this but this surely remain on my memory card for weeks. Now to unlock the bonus games in it...

So far everything I've bought made me happy. I could have completed the Ateliers but I'm not feeling the charm of Totori so it, along with the Nep game will be moved to the Nov-Dec (or Golden Week sale) budget. Until then, no new purchases from me,

Tohsaka

WTH Monpiece? Why is it when I level up a card, the attack and HP drop? That's now how leveling up works!

If that happens, the card probably gained a potential or skill or something to make up for it. It's never just a straight decrease with nothing to compensate.

Maid

Banned
No vote from me then. I have no funds allocated for it. Will just wait for everyone's opinions on the game.

From the JP demo, it's a beautiful game, although the framerate could be janky at time, but otherwise it's interesting to play and nice to look at.

Got some questions about games in the Vita sale.

How easy/hard is it to unlock the two extra games in DXC? How different is the SOTN port?

How's that JSR port?

Vylash

just looked up some Oreshika gameplay since i realized i never did that before, it actually looks interesting, very close to pulling the trigger since i can't get Shallie

RK128

Got some questions about games in the Vita sale.

How easy/hard is it to unlock the two extra games in DXC? How different is the SOTN port?

How's that JSR port?

For Dracula X, you can unlock the two included games through the following means:
-Rondo of Blood:
Go to stage 4.
On your way through twards the end of the stage you will find 6 of those skulls that spit fire stacked on top of each other. Just past them is a platform that moves like an inverted pengelium going left and right. Just opposite of it is a spiked ball. Get on the platform and jump over the spiked ball landing on the ground against the wall. Break the lower part of the wall to find a bomb. Hit the bomb to ingite it and the wall will come falling down. Walk forward a bit and you will find 2 spiked platforms that try to crush you. Get on the right platform and as it's going up jump off of it and land on the upper level. Stay on top avoiding the axes and the yellow eye. At the very end of that platform is a candle hit it and inside will be some classic gaming goodness
-SoTN:
In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!). In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.

The unlockable characters are from the PS1 version (Victor) and Saturn version (Mara), with the later playing a bit differently from that version. Their is new voice acting too, so while it is different then the PS1 version, you might like it :).

The JSR port is a fantastic port; great performance, runs at native res, the controls transitioned to Vita greatly, and the touch screen support (tagging) is well implemented (though optional; can still use the analog stick for that if you want). The game is still the same game as the original, so control issues from the original JSR are present, but outside of that, fantastic port of one of Sega's Dreamcast classics :).

Awesome, thanks RK. I really hate the way the 2.5 remake looks. Same reaction as I have to Maverick Hunter X. And I already have the PS1 and XBLA versions of SOTN. Not entirely sure its worth it for me...

JSR seems like a no brainier for 5 bucks though.

Already put 11+ hours into Valhalla Knights 3.

It's um..pretty dang addicting.
But I always seem to enjoy games where I can create characters and build my own parties.

It's just $20. I don't know if you were aware of the price, but it's crazy low for a launch price.

Yeah but I don't have any more money left for gaming. Hell, I also want that 18$ SS Delta but I have postpone buying it. Real life stuff over gaming
````````````````````````````````````````````
Apparently I don't know how to properly rub my Vita. I've failed upgrading some of my cards and Neptunia can't always save me now.

Novocaine

We all know Oreshika will win March's GotM.

I hope Oreshika and La-Mulana EX put up a good fight against each other.

In other news I finally completed Persona 4 Golden! First JRPG I've ever beaten and I loved it. I'll get P5 on day one and possibly P3P when it drops from $45 on the digital store.

Top Bottom