• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Redhood

I'm in a bad luck zone regarding my latest purchases. Firefly Diary was a target for the customs, my new Vita-2000 had a dead pixel, my HORI filter was a fake, I can't track my 16GB memory card for the life of me.

Happens to all of us. My bad luck started when I lost a copy of folklore in mail. Then a vendor shipped me a copy of One piece in Kid Icarus box. Had to send it back to him for refund. One Vendor refused to ship tales of hearts r even after payment. These all happened in the span of a week. Burnt me off a bit from online shopping. Now everything is smooth.

From where did u purchase the Hori Filter. I bought a Hori 3ds one from playasia and I think that was fake too as it did not match the official application video on youtube.

Wtf is that handbag on the livescreen? Is that only for miku?

That is a save transfer icon from one game to another.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes, it autodownloads patches for me too. I consider that a benefit, though. It should not be getting warm in suspend mode... that's either completely in your head or you need to get.out.of.your.house.now before it explodes!

EdiT -- I'm having total game paralysis now. I don't know whether to immediately jump into Oreshika again and 'shake it off', even though i don't feel like replaying the first few dungeons again, or to play something small and risk not going back to Oreshika.... it wouldn't hurt so bad except i took the early going extremely slow and did a lot of grinding/etc for rare items. ugh. feels like a punch to the gut. That ys story is far worse, though. i was still in first gen.

Restart the game, as I understand it randomizes the order of the dungeons.

Based on the posts you have made here I think that the game is a game that you'll have a lot of fun with and shouldn't skip :)

FDC1

Has anyone bought Vita version of Tennis In The Face on an european store? I'm getting an error during installation each time (after downloading it directly from Vita or copying from PS3, same error). I suppose they uploaded a corrupted version of the package once again...

On the other side, I bought and played a little Strike Solitaire, it loks to be a great time waster. I downloaded Soldner-X 2 (thanks cross-buy), I will try that tonight

So between IA/VT, P4DAN, and now this I guess my rhythm gaming fix is going to get more than accounted for this year.

Apparently this game is 'Beatcraft Cyclon'.

The only thing (and a notable one at that) left are the Konami's Rhythm games. Sadly though I can't see any new games from Konami not named Metal Gear, PES, and probably Silent Hill.

VLiberty

After finishing Counterspy I've started to play Rocketbirds.

This was my biggest impulse-purchase, at least on Vita, because I bought this game last year without even knowing what it was about. It looked cool, it was on sale for <5&#8364;, bought.
Now that I've finally started to play it, I got a big surprise: it's not really a pure 2D "tps" as I was expecting it to be, which is cool as I wouldn't even liked it that much (yep, that was a pretty stupid impulse-purchase). Instead, it looks more like Prince of Persia (the 1989 game) blended with shooting mechanics. I'm liking it so far.

Tizoc

I must be the only one hype for Metal Slug 3 on Vita+PS4
photo.jpg

I mean yeah you could get it from the PSP collection, but come on people it's Metal Slug on PS4 and not just any metal slug, the BEST Metal Slug.

Renpatsu

I mean yeah you could get it from the PSP collection, but come on people it's Metal Slug on PS4 and not just any metal slug, the BEST Metal Slug.
Not the only one.

You can't get the PSP collection on the AU store so this is my only hope.

ZeroAKA

This has me conflicted. The special missions were fun but the story missions really bored me.. Demo is kinda making me not want the game anymore so far.
All hunting games have those dumb "kill X enemies" missions. I'll just speed through each of them once and only focus on bosses after that.

Renpatsu

Considering the totally different names, I'd wager it won't be a Cyclon port, and will probably be button-based. Devs have moved away from touch-based Vita stuff, and there's a pretty massive DJ Max Portable-shaped hole in the Vita's library.
Yeah you're probably right, admittedly I was only scanning the announcement when I made that assumption.

I'm all for getting back to button-based rhythm games.

bobohoro

This has me conflicted. The special missions were fun but the story missions really bored me.. Demo is kinda making me not want the game anymore so far.

Toukiden is pretty straight forward in mission design, pretty much having only few small monster/gather quests and focusing sorely on bigger Oni for the meat of the game. While the demo itself is pretty awesome, it does give a wrong impression in that regard.

So if you enjoyed the boss fights, be prepared for a whole load more of them in the full game.

Was kinda surprised when I took a look at my old save file yesterday. I thought I stopped at around 80 hours in the original, realitiy shows me that I played it for 135 hours. Demo is downloaded, will jump into it in the coming hours. I'm just a bit concerned that MH4U really spoiled me and Toukiden might compare unfavourably when playing them so close together.

antibolo

Banned
photo.jpg

I own Metal Slug 3 on the original hardware so I don't care about the PS4 port, but I may pick it up for Vita if it's a good enough port, Metal Slug Anthology was pretty crappy.

Tizoc

I own Metal Slug 3 on the original hardware so I don't care about the PS4 port, but I may pick it up for Vita if it's a good enough port, Metal Slug Anthology was pretty crappy.

Funnily enough, Metal Slug 1 in the SNK Arcade classics has better performance than the M2 MS1 PSP port.

Sondar

Steins;Gate Limited Edition Details - Free Worldwide Shipping!

Steins;Gate El Psy Kongroo Edition - Rice Exclusive - PS Vita

Price: £49.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK
Pre-Order i
Format: PS Vita
Developer: 5pb., Nitroplus
Publisher: PQube
Genre: Visual Novel
Players: 1
Release Date: May 2015
Also Available On: PS3
Other Editions: Standard Edition: PS3, PS VitaHighlights:
Rice Digital Exclusive El Psy Kongroo Edition Features
Limited edition
Gorgeous, premium quality 124-page art book featuring CG and Key Artwork
Double Pin Badget Set for new Future Gadget Lab members
Exclusive Metal Upa Replica
Badge Set and Metal Upa Presentation Box
Free Worldwide Shipping for Everyone on this Product!

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-ps-vita

Has anyone bought Vita version of Tennis In The Face on an european store? I'm getting an error during installation each time (after downloading it directly from Vita or copying from PS3, same error). I suppose they uploaded a corrupted version of the package once again...

I don't have any problems with the NA version. Good Angry Birds type game that runs well on Vita.

AsfaeksBR

Can you preload the game now? I may just pre-order it now if that's the case.

No, just 48 hours before release.
I think that, if you click to download now, it will only download automatically when it's available if the PS4 is on or in Rest Mode.

SerTapTap

Is there some reason preload is so heavily restricted? I know for a fact many, probably most, of these games are gold much more than a couple days in advance of release--and I dont' think indies ever get preload, right?. Barring a crack I don't see what they have to gain by not throwing preload up ASAP. Worst case there's a patch, which you also download automatically before release date anyway.

Choo Chooooooo!

I am tempted to get this digitally, but I really want that steel case.

Is there some reason preload is so heavily restricted? I know for a fact many, probably most, of these games are gold much more than a couple days in advance of release--and I dont' think indies ever get preload, right?. Barring a crack I don't see what they have to gain by not throwing preload up ASAP. Worst case there's a patch, which you also download automatically before release date anyway.

Sony has not given a reason so far. It's really weird, since with Xbox you pre-load immediately.

wilflare

Funnily enough, Metal Slug 1 in the SNK Arcade classics has better performance than the M2 MS1 PSP port.

I'm looking forward to a Metal Slug game on the Vita that is Native and runs at a smooth framerate - that is fair right?

---
What are the From Software or Atlus classics worth buying?

SerTapTap

^ Speaking of cosmic mysteries, is there a reason Famitsu is so weird about being linked? Oh hey it's that girl with meatballs for hair.
I'm looking forward to a Metal Slug game on the Vita that is Native and runs at a smooth framerate - that is fair right?

---

Have they stopped trying to maintain the arcade slowdown in these ports? It was really weird and unnecessary to see it in MS3 on PC. I appreciate some slowdown in a shmup but it really has no particular advantage or place in MS3 and it doesn't really happen at "opportune" times anyway like it does in bullet hell games.

Cotrip

Couldn't find a proper thread to ask but...

How's Lords of The Fallen on PS4 nowadays? Did they fixed the major bugs of the game? I'm tempted to buy it.

Massa

The GTA V preload on PS3. People ripped audio and text files from the game and leaked details of the story weeks before it came out.

Tizoc

---

Echo Night for From, just about everything on sale this week for Atlus.

Toukiden is pretty straight forward in mission design, pretty much having only few small monster/gather quests and focusing sorely on bigger Oni for the meat of the game. While the demo itself is pretty awesome, it does give a wrong impression in that regard.

So if you enjoyed the boss fights, be prepared for a whole load more of them in the full game.

Was kinda surprised when I took a look at my old save file yesterday. I thought I stopped at around 80 hours in the original, realitiy shows me that I played it for 135 hours. Demo is downloaded, will jump into it in the coming hours. I'm just a bit concerned that MH4U really spoiled me and Toukiden might compare unfavourably when playing them so close together.

Toukiden feels like a user friendlier MH. You have health bars on monsters for example, controls are much simpler too. I appreciate it for what it is, it isn't as hardcore as Monster Hunter and that's ok. I had forgotten how fast and fluid the gameplay was, coming from MH4 to the Kiwami demo I actually enjoyed it. Like I said before, the bow is a blast in this game aha.

Shizuka

there's a fake HORI filter? any pics?

Happens to all of us. My bad luck started when I lost a copy of folklore in mail. Then a vendor shipped me a copy of One piece in Kid Icarus box. Had to send it back to him for refund. One Vendor refused to ship tales of hearts r even after payment. These all happened in the span of a week. Burnt me off a bit from online shopping. Now everything is smooth.

From where did u purchase the Hori Filter. I bought a Hori 3ds one from playasia and I think that was fake too as it did not match the official application video on youtube.

I'll spend quite some time without buying anything. I bought the filter from an eBay seller. She told me to return it and we'll cancel the purchase, but my new Vita is arriving today and I won't play it without a filter, good or bad.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze.

Top Bottom