• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

autoduelist

How is Sorcery Saga? Worth it for a fan of roguelikes? How is it compared to Shiren/Guided Fate Paradox/Izuna?

If you're a fan of traditional roguelikes, it's far too easy... but it's also fun in a laid back sort of way. I plat'd it, and I never died in any dungeon.

It's closest sibling is probably the ps mobile game Adventure Bar Labyrinth. Much like ZHP and ABL (and probably Guided Fate, since it's like ZHP) you begin each dungeon at level 1, but keep your enhanced equipment. So you're quickly OP, though there are a lot of different weapons to play with.

Magic is broken - it's not particularly powerful and it runs out fast... fortunately, melee weapons are quickly OP.

The story is 'cutesy' like, say, the Atelier games, though a bit more comedic and with a sharper bite (lots of 'funny' misunderstandings). I mean, you're seeking out curry recipes.

There are some long dungeons, but they aren't particularly hard... if you're going for the plat the hardest time you'll have is switching to some weak magic weapons to upgrade them, but even then it's not particularly difficult if you set up the rest of your equipment well. The last few trophies were a serious grind (upgrade everything to max, etc), if that matters to you.

All in all, enjoyable game that's far too easy. Good for OP dungeon romping, so if you want a nice background game it could be a good fit. If you want Nethack/Stonesoup/etc you'll be bored.

Omerta

Hey people...

Just bought a white ps4 (so pretty)... Quick question for y'all.

I've set everything up, my internet is actually really fast, it's got my username but I can't log into the store or access any of the what's new features etc.

I can log into the stores with no issues on my vita.

It just hangs on a blue screen with the option to cancel at the bottom.

Any ideas?

Edit: the old IT Crowd fix worked... Turned it off and on again.

Man I have a LOT of games from ps plus :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If you're a fan of traditional roguelikes, it's far too easy... but it's also fun in a laid back sort of way. I plat'd it, and I never died in any dungeon.

It's closest sibling is probably the ps mobile game Adventure Bar Labyrinth. Much like ZHP and ABL (and probably Guided Fate, since it's like ZHP) you begin each dungeon at level 1, but keep your enhanced equipment. So you're quickly OP, though there are a lot of different weapons to play with.

Magic is broken - it's not particularly powerful and it runs out fast... fortunately, melee weapons are quickly OP.

The story is 'cutesy' like, say, the Atelier games, though a bit more comedic and with a sharper bite (lots of 'funny' misunderstandings). I mean, you're seeking out curry recipes.

There are some long dungeons, but they aren't particularly hard... if you're going for the plat the hardest time you'll have is switching to some weak magic weapons to upgrade them, but even then it's not particularly difficult if you set up the rest of your equipment well. The last few trophies were a serious grind (upgrade everything to max, etc), if that matters to you.

All in all, enjoyable game that's far too easy. Good for OP dungeon romping, so if you want a nice background game it could be a good fit. If you want Nethack/Stonesoup/etc you'll be bored.

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like I'd probably enjoy it. Don't think I'll get it right away, but it's on my list.

Tapejara

I have a copy of Tales of Hearts R waiting for me, but I might just return it. Not really interested in adding another Tales of game to my backlog
(VitaGAF can't be disappointed with me because I am getting Miku 2)

Hey GAF!
Any thought about Dead Island for 4.99? Y/N ?
I want to kill some zombies and random gaming...

If it performs well enough on PS3 (I've only played the PC version) I'd say go for it.

So my vita's gamecard reader is being kinda finnicky. Might be my demon gaze cartridge though. not sure, yet since I haven't bothered with another cartridge.

Any reason to keep icons on a Vita home screen if the game isn't on that actual memory card?

For instance, I have SK and the game is in the system. I decide to play a new game, I put in Freedom Wars and also a new memory card since the other is full. Upon starting the Vita, I have a SK icon on the home screen yet ice never played the game on this current memory card.

Is it safe to delete? I just don't want to ensure up deleting ALL my data.

Any reason to keep icons on a Vita home screen if the game isn't on that actual memory card?

For instance, I have SK and the game is in the system. I decide to play a new game, I put in Freedom Wars and also a new memory card since the other is full. Upon starting the Vita, I have a SK icon on the home screen yet ice never played the game on this current memory card.

Save Files are tied to the icons. So if you do delete them, make sure you back them up first otherwise you'd be in for an unfortunate surprise if you do decide to replay any game.

antibolo

Banned

It will just reappear every time so I'd say don't bother.

Save Files are tied to the icons. So if you do delete them, make sure you back them up first otherwise you'd be in for an unfortunate surprise if you do decide to replay any game.

I don't think you understood the question, this is about the game icon appearing on another memory card than the one that actually has the save data. This happens because the actual icons for retail games are also saved in the Vita's system memory, so they are kept when switching cards, which is very confusing and misleading.

RCR DX is a completely new/separate version of the game.

Oh, I was thinking it was something like that. But when I searched for RCR it didn't come up, but I guess it makes sense to pull that.

Are the improvements worth it if I thought the original was OK, but never finished it?

incpdo

RCR DX is a completely new/separate version of the game.

isnt this coming as an update later to the ones we bought the original game? i thought reading something like that on twitter and here too.

Binding of Isaac is inmediately one of my favorite games , never played this before but it is incredibly deep and fun, requires skill but it is a fair game. It has LOTS of secrets and i like the fact you have to discover everything by yourself. Is a game with a cheap price for what you get.

Perfomance in the game is great i didnt run into any frame drops (i reached mom already) that i can notice, but i did run into some slowdowns, someone mentioned Metal Slug kinda slowdowns. this is not real, is far from that and it lasts 1 or 2 seconds max. The game sounds great and runs great , im playing with the dpad and seems like this game was made only for Vita.
Take into account i never played or tried any other version. Im enjoying a lot of this , is worth every cent they ask. Im hoping for Nicalis to work with the guy of SuperMeatBoy again.
My recommendation?, Buy it, if you never played buy it inmediately, performance is underrated here, the game runs great .

I have one question thou, i have noticed there is an update patch but is like 344 mbs, anyone knows if its worthy? i mean, 344mbs for some balancing and bullshit?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
All the Black Friday ads that are being released are really driving home how badly the Vita is doing at retail in NA this year. Vita has so far been absent in all of them while even physical PC games are getting listed on sale (do people still buy these?).

d1d43cdbdd.jpg

Specialty stores like Gamestop and Amazon price matching everything might be the only place to get Vita deals this year.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Are the performance issues that big of a gap between the two?

If I were in your position, it would definitely be the deciding factor for me. The PS3/Vita versions have a lot of stutter/lag, screen tearing, and NPCs take a good 10 seconds to load when you enter an area. The PS4 version has virtually none of this.

If I were in your position, it would definitely be the deciding factor for me. The PS3/Vita versions have a lot of stutter/lag, screen tearing, and NPCs take a good 10 seconds to load when you enter an area. The PS4 version has virtually none of this.

Woah didn't know that. Thanks for the help!

Turnstyle

isnt this coming as an update later to the ones we bought the original game? i thought reading something like that on twitter and here too.

I don't believe so. I think there's a discount for owners of the original game, but that's it.

They are also removing the original version from the store (although if you own it, you can still download it of course).

bobawesome

My brother's in need of a remote play machine right now so I'm giving him my OLED model in exchange for a 2000 come the holidays. A bit of a strange proposal but...alright, I'll bite. I can live without my Vita for a month and change...hopefully.

holysan

So after half a year I decided to turn on my PS3 again to see what cool games there are still left to play. Added Vanquish, Okami, Dragon’s Dogma and the Jak Trilogy to my download list, all received through PS+. Damn.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn yesterday i bought Danganronpa 2 on sale but i didn't download it because i have too much to finish... Feels bad :(

Uggghhh that Toro theme. I need a JP PSN card at some point. Does JP PS+ still have an insane selection of PSX games or was that time limited?

Some of them are still there, but they are time-limited.

Each batch were meant to be there for 1 year.

Meanwhile, Oboro Muramasa is still 2000 yen despite the fact the the sale should have ended 9/26. And the 4th DLC nowhere to be found. ~__~

Sitrus

Uggghhh that Toro theme. I need a JP PSN card at some point. Does JP PS+ still have an insane selection of PSX games or was that time limited?

I'm liking that art style

Yup, still has that ps1 catalogue. The best thing is, ps+ still gives retail games AND indies so it has more value for me right now than the na/eu counterpart.

Top Bottom