• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Tapejara

I'm still hoping Tozai brings the Spelunker Collection to North America. Would love to play Spelunker on my Vita, especially as the touchscreen interface doesn't work so well for the Android release.

Soldner X2 Vita development is going along well!
the devs are hoping to submit for certification next month

and.... it's gonna be 60fps :D

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/534640992805076992

Sweet! I wish we were getting the first game as well. Hope the trophy list is shared between the Vita and PS3 version so I don't have to start over.

Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

3G Vita. Project Diva Limited Edition.
Along with my copy of Project Diva F 2nd (JP)
And 64GB memory card.

Fuck dude, that sucks :(.

Yeah. Big EA sale this week.

It's a good thing I already own the games I would otherwise purchase. Promised myself I'm not buying anymore PS3 games, though Kingdom Hearts 2.5 will be an exception.

Hoping for an Atlus sale sometime soon.

I lol'd.

already got Omega, i assume Leviathan and From Ashes

From Ashes came with the game if you pre-ordered it originally, so I forget to recommend it. I almost consider it essential, so yes, get that.

Leviathan is pretty solid too. If you only have Omega, get Citadel and From Ashes first. Still got spare credit, then Leviathan too.

SerTapTap

$30 sounds good, I take it, they charge upon release?

Looks like it. I did paypal and it says money will be taken when they process the order. BTW preorders get a free shipping option.

I can't tell if the $20 standard edition is physical or digital, but I wanted the limited anyway so I didn't really care to find out

Tapejara

Holy shit, did NISA already sell out of the Limited Edition? I keep getting a message saying "The requested quantity for "htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary" is not available."

iosefe

From Ashes came with the game if you pre-ordered it originally, so I forget to recommend it. I almost consider it essential, so yes, get that.

Leviathan is pretty solid too. If you only have Omega, get Citadel and From Ashes first. Still got spare credit, then Leviathan too.
Got a fresh 20, I'll get all three. Now to finish ME2.

SerTapTap

Holy shit, did NISA already sell out of the Limited Edition? I keep getting a message saying "The requested quantity for "htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary" is not available."

I see
STOCK METER: 0% - 5% LEFT

Whew, thanks GAF I'd totally have missed out if I hadn't seen that other thread bumped. Amazingly fast sell out, should be a good indication they should make physical copies (and more) of these games.

Unless it's a store bug, it IS a new store now

Tapejara

I see

Whew, thanks GAF I'd totally have missed out if I hadn't seen that other thread bumped. Amazingly fast sell out, should be a good indication they should make physical copies (and more) of these games.

Unless it's a store bug, it IS a new store now

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a Store bug or if it's actually sold out. Would surprise me if it went that fast (unless NISA was planning a really small print).

Edit: Also, for some reason the Store won't accept any of my gift receipts.

Edit 2: Yeah, I don't even see an option for the limited edition anymore.

SerTapTap

Meanwhile NISA STILL has stock of both LEs of Mugen Souls. Talk about betting on the wrong horse. (and/or the censorship bit them in the ass. But the game also...kinda sucks)

How much will I hate myself if I but Neptunia 1 PS3 just to complete the collection? $30 seems to be about the cheapest I've seen

god dammit, i'm finished moving, and the day i move (all in one day), the Firefly Diaries LE goes up and immediately goes out of stock right before i got my internet back on. guaranteed one person bought 60% of them

oh well, fuck it. SE it is

Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

3G Vita. Project Diva Limited Edition.
Along with my copy of Project Diva F 2nd (JP)
And 64GB memory card.

omfg I'd be livid. OG OLED and it's 3G, LE anything, and a 64GB? yikes, there would be blood.

that sucks huge dick. hope you can recoup and reup sooner or later

SerTapTap

Uh the code amazon mailed me for LBP3 DLC doesn't seem to be accepted on the web store. Anyone else had this problem? Should I try on console before freaking out?

god dammit, i'm finished moving, and the day i move (all in one day), the Firefly Diaries LE goes up and immediately goes out of stock right before i got my internet back on. guaranteed one person bought 60% of them

People in the other thread are trying to talk to support about it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932614
edit:
It's probably just because the Store hasn't fully updated yet. Wait until the Store post gets published, then freak out :p.

oh, yeah, that may be it. I forgot it's an update day. They really need to make this more seamless. It's so weird how some stuff (installing games) is crazy seamless then random crap is totally puzzling and awkward

Tapejara

Uh the code amazon mailed me for LBP3 DLC doesn't seem to be accepted on the web store. Anyone else had this problem? Should I try on console before freaking out?

It's probably just because the Store hasn't fully updated yet. Wait until the Store post gets published, then freak out :p.

Shizuka

They have a disclaimer where they're entitled to cancel any order with more than three limited editions of the same kind.

autoduelist

I don't know how KZ:M works, but usually tps are made of a sequence of unique big levels where you start on a point and you have to reach the end, in both FW and Unit 13 you have a series of missions that are a little more than a random combination of arena, enemies and objective, with the difference that FW has story, item management and a lot more content and variety than Unit 13.

KZ Mercs is a pretty, first person evolution of Unit 13.

Unit 13 is a speed/score run TPS along the lines of John Woo's Stranglehold or The Club. It plays like a standard action TPS with tunnels/corridors and headshotting/backstabbing thugs and avoiding security cameras.

Freedom Wars is a hunting game where you have big open arenas like and you mount robots and cut their limbs off.

I'd recommend Unit 13 to people who loved KZ Mercs, The Club, Stranglehold, or any modern TPS shooter.

I'd recommend FW to people who want a new take on hunting games.

They're wildly different to me -- not even remotely the same genre. I mean, sure, both are tps and have guns but that's where the similarities start and end.

Well I wouldn't say the same about Uncharted. It's a different situation with 999/VLR because it's not the character familiarity which is important. There are cross-game plot twists in VLR which will have absolutely no meaning to someone starting fresh from VLR but are megatons for someone who had played 999 first. Since the game's biggest selling point is its plot in the first place, it's a situation where you'll get a real payoff by playing both rather than a simple reference or two in something like Uncharted. Jason Schreier even wrote an article about it.

I only brought up Uncharted to show that I 'get' what you mean, not to say it's comparable/exactly the same. My enjoyment of VLR would not have changed at all had I played 999 first, because the enjoyment i got out of VLR was 100% the (generally) excellent escape room puzzles and 0% the story. It would be the same with 999. I'm the type to skip cutscenes in most games because I simply do not care. It's a rare game that gets me to care, TLOU being the most recent case.

Sarcasm

That won't fit a Vita 2000. What you want is this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L6AVNE0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Comes with a protective shell, a semi-hard case, and a screen protector. I can't say enough good things about it. Pretty much essential for a Vita 2000 owner.

For thieves who only steal for the purpose of reselling for profit I always wonder if they ever just go "WTF is this" when they steal consoles/games from importers and realize they can't sell it on the streets.

Same, Vita has been my primary console for over a year now and I've bought too many games/have too huge of a backlog to just stop cold if something happened to it.

That case is for the oled model and won't fit your Vita

Well I live in Taiwan and amazon wants 60+ in shipping.

Nor can I even find that stuff in Japan where I got my vita 2k.

BTW glad I choose the 2K over the 1K in regards to the vita.

autoduelist

I hope the distinct lack of sales this week hints of a mega flash sale this weekend.

Though I am considering switching out my NFS PS4 for digital.

Anyone else have games show up in their Trophy List without actually playing the games? This is going to bother me forever.

Knack (which I have and is backlogged so not too worried) and Call of Duty: Ghosts both showed up in my trophy list despite never have loaded the games up.

SerTapTap

Okay I claimed the LBP3 code that game with the game successfully but not the amazon preorder one. Anyone else getting this?

nuuu it's now out of stock... sigh

Are you sure? Try and Ctrl F5 the store page and see if it pops back up, I still see full stock here.

Sarcasm

Anybody know any site where I could buy that hori elite starter pack for vita 2000? I live in Taiwan and amazon NA typ charges 60 for shipping even if the package is the size of a usb.

Hikami

Man.. I said I wouldn't buy anymore games until I cleared my current Vita backlog but.. that $30 LE for htol#niq was too hard to pass up.
Ah well, hopefully nothing else until then decides to attack my wallet..

fake edit: Forgot about Ayesha+ damn it. Vita has too many games.

ZeroAKA

You ever heard of 'genres' :V

So is that new Advneture Time game any good? I need something to play after SMT4.
It was the screenshot of the shop that got me.
G28bIZF.png

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't the problem with all the previous Adventure Time games been length? I'd play this one as long as the price matches the content.

SerTapTap

Ugh anyone playing LBP3 on ps4? Does the popit lag go away once the game is fully installed or whats up with that? I have the patch it wanted for online play.

edit: nvm i found the ot, known issue

Top Bottom