• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

bobohoro

FFVII is the fastest one of them, so it might be tolerable (for me it wasn't) but especially IX is already slow to begin with, 50Hz (which also impacts Excalibur II) just makes it all the worse. PAL classics are shit and Sony/Nintendo really should at least provide the NTSC versions as alternatives for every region. I pretty much play my classics on PS3 only anymore, since I can't be bothered to switch acounts on the vita all the time, which is a shame.

I'm seriously thinking about getting that DBZ game, even though I think it's mediocre. But I am itching for some Goku action again. And to all those that haven't already, go buy TitS and play one of the finest games ever created. And join us in desperately waiting for the sequel!

Ignorance is bliss I guess. Once I get a Slim unit I will use one of my Vitas with a US account.

If I had two Vitas I would have bought the US version, but I'm not willing to format my Vita everytime I want to play a PSOne game. I'm pretty lazy, so I would be less likely to play them if I bought the US version. I bought Persona 2 on the US PSN store a long time ago, and ended up never playing it.

Cha

Nice. Danganronpa is on sale in EU. You guys know what to do.

Every time I see Naruto Ultimate Impact, I think of how nice it would be to get a new Naruto game on the Vita.

Benedict

Naughty of them to put Danganronpa 2 on sale before 1...
shame I didn't buy the 2:nd game before, now I don't know what to do. Maybe wait until both of them are on sale at the same time.

Nice. Danganronpa is on sale in EU. You guys know what to do.

Every time I see Naruto Ultimate Impact, I think of how nice it would be to get a new Naruto game on the Vita.

I've never played a naruto game, so I figured I would try the psp one. Didn't start reading the manga/watching the anime until this year, so never bothered with checking out the games before.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Naughty of them to put Danganronpa 2 on sale before 1...
shame I didn't buy the 2:nd game before, now I don't know what to do. Maybe wait until both of them are on sale at the same time.
The first game was 50% off around the time Danganronpa 2 was released, and why not go for the first now when it's on sale? It may even be a little exhausting playing the two back to back.

PSN sure is slow today...

So I just recently joined club Vita and I have a potentially ignorant couple of questions so please forgive me if this info is readily available elsewhere. First, do Final Fantasys VI-IX ever go on sale? I'm play through the mainline entries and 9.99 a pop adds up...

Second, and I know this isn't likely to go over well, who when where why how what can I do to make playing Spyro and Crash psone classics on my Vita a reality? I ponied up for a 64gb card so I'm ready for the long haul I just didn't realize such essentials weren't available yet. It would be like Sega launching an eShop with no Sonic...

Thanks for looking past my naivety and just helping a brother out.

So I just recently joined club Vita and I have a potentially ignorant couple of questions so please forgive me if this info is readily available elsewhere. First, do Final Fantasys VI-IX ever go on sale? I'm play through the mainline entries and 9.99 a pop adds up...

Second, and I know this isn't likely to go over well, who when where why how what can I do to make playing Spyro and Crash psone classics on my Vita a reality? I ponied up for a 64gb card so I'm ready for the long haul I just didn't realize such essentials weren't available yet. It would be like Sega launching an eShop with no Sonic...

Final Fantasy games go on sale every now and then, they are for example on sale in EU right now.

Crash & Spyro are only playable on vita if you use a EU account

Crash & Spyro are only playable on vita if you use a EU account

Unfortunately, if he is US PSN he has 4 options:
  1. Wait for Vita multiple account support (lol)
  2. Deal with account switching (awful)
  3. Hope Sony has another PSN screw-up that temporarily allows download of these restricted games
  4. Hope Sony ponies up for the licenses in the US

This reminds me that I really need to back up my Crash and Spyro games that I got during the last PSN screw-up via Content Manager.

I am for better or worse a US PSN user. Re: FF I'm playing through Dawn of Souls on my GBA so I think I'll hold out for a sale while I'm still there. What's the sale look like in EU? For example, I got Vagrant Story for six bucks or something which is what I'm hoping the FF games go down to at least when on sale.

As for the Crash/Spyro debacle, it seems I missed my last window by a few weeks which really bummed me out.

Yay for Neptunia discount, don't know if I will buy it though, it came in the wrong time (Smash+Pokemon ORAS crushing my wallet).

Also, this being in the community makes me forget about posting here.

Some music from the upcoming Cosmic Star Heroine. I backed it on kickstarter and really looking forward to it
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...-incoming-ps4ps-vita-rpg-cosmic-star-heroine/
I am for better or worse a US PSN user. Re: FF I'm playing through Dawn of Souls on my GBA so I think I'll hold out for a sale while I'm still there. What's the sale look like in EU? For example, I got Vagrant Story for six bucks or something which is what I'm hoping the FF games go down to at least when on sale.

As for the Crash/Spyro debacle, it seems I missed my last window by a few weeks which really bummed me out.

They're ~6$ on EU PSN, but just wait for them to go on sale in the US. Shouldn't take that long

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

There has been a final fantasy sale fore almost every final fantasy game for the past 2 years. Only once a year though.

look on the brught side, at least psn is 10 times better with classic games than the eshop.

SerTapTap

These days, it is pretty much the outcome after almost every thread I read.
The Vita ones are the worst followed by the current console war ones.

I just stay out of the Vita ones and I know the console war ones are going to have, well, console warz. The amazing, indignant refusal to play good games given freely still gnaws at my soul though.

Yep

Review threads are pretty bad as well

At least they stopped putting Metacritic in the titles, that was lame (though it lasted like, a week)

I barely go there..but I am pretty laid back and miss a lot of stuff.

But why?

Endless pissing and moaning that we got amazing indie games, sometimes even free at launch, instead of retail games panned by consumer and critic alike

They're ~6$ on EU PSN, but just wait for them to go on sale in the US. Shouldn't take that long

Thanks. The upfront investment in a 64gb card has me itchy to make the more gratifying smaller purchases but I will definitely try to stay strong knowing they do go on sale from time to time.

If there is some sort of petition or peaceful protest to get Crash and Spyro on US Vitas someone please send me a message so I can do my part for the cause.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Thanks. The upfront investment in a 64gb card has me itchy to make the more gratifying smaller purchases but I will definitely try to stay strong knowing they do go on sale from time to time.

If there is some sort of petition or peaceful protest to get Crash and Spyro on US Vitas someone please send me a message so I can do my part for the cause.

Its been 3 years. I'd suggest saving your effort. Part of it is probably because sony doesnt actually own these 2 franchises.

Zhao_Yun

Wish Fate/Extra had Fate/Zero characters instead of Fate/Stay Night characters, would've bought it in a heartbeat then.

Planning on getting:
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Impact

Unsure:
Dissidia Final Fantasy (Don't really know if the dissidia games are good, I haven't played many FF games though)
SMT: Digital Devil Saga & SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 (Don't have a ps3, but I'm assuming they'll be playable on PS4 at some point)

Haven't played Dissidia but if you should get it get Duodecim because it includes all the content from the first Dissidia as well.

Is the Vita version of Minecraft cross-buy with the PS4 version? Because the PS4 version showed up for free in the webstore, unless it's a trial?

The EU sale looks interesting, but I'm low on money and I need to renew my PS+ soon.

Rollers of the Realm is out this week, right? Any early impressions?

Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada. The story is just silly almost parody of middle earth stereotypes. Surprising has full voice acting. The actual pinball is super easy so far but I play a lot of virtual pinball. Noticeably missing is a nudge and I still instinctively jam the stick out of habit. Still waiting to see how repeating the play fields are. All of the pinball is objective based like kill all the guys, collect this many gold or get to this hole. You can switch between characters, which are different by attributes, by doing a pinball trap. You can add attributes to you character but it doesn't seem as worth it as buying a new character which essentially adds another ball. Still early but loving it so far.

Z4mIiGj.jpg

EDIT: Should have mentioned I am playing on Vita and it runs super well and fast. Also it has an internal cross-save for PS4.

Haven't played Dissidia but if you should get it get Duodecim because it includes all the content from the first Dissidia as well.
Thanks
Is the Vita version of Minecraft cross-buy with the PS4 version? Because the PS4 version showed up for free in the webstore, unless it's a trial?

The EU sale looks interesting, but I'm low on money and I need to renew my PS+ soon.

It's the trial

bobohoro

I've never played a naruto game, so I figured I would try the psp one. Didn't start reading the manga/watching the anime until this year, so never bothered with checking out the games before.

Eh Ultimate Ninja Impact is pretty bad. Very basic musou gameplay with boring missions, story presentation is nothing great either. Only good thing is a pretty big cast of characters, but it wears thin pretty quickly regardless. As a fan of both, musou and Naruto (at least to a certain point), I didn't enjoy it very much and wouldn't recommend the game to anyone.

SerTapTap

Are they actually different? I'm a sucker for games that actually bother to map things for remote play instead of just letting the defaults do their thing

autoduelist

I was not comparing the gameplay, as you say they are different genres, but their structure, as i have already said typical fps/tps/action structure is a not so big sequence of unique big levels that the player crosses from a start to an end while both FW and Unit 13 have lots of missions made of a combination of an arena + enemies + objective.

Unit 13 is a good game, but it feels(is?) barebones, if it had more features like FW(especially a story, even a dumb one) it would have been received really differently and its developers would have had a different destiny.

Ah, I thought you meant gameplay and was so ridiculously confused, lol.

Personally, while Unit 13 did feel a bit 'budget' at times, I'm super glad it was built the way it was built. Absolutely tons of missions, each of which could be played 4 different ways, plus an awesome mission randomizer as well as daily challenges.

If you had plot, etc, you'd end up with KZ Mercs -- 10 or so longer missions with opening cutscenes and other plot related cutscenes weighing down the action.
Unfortunately it wasn't well received either for reasons I fail to understand

As much as I enjoyed KZ Mercs, I'll take ~10x the missions plus a mission randomizer any day, even if it means giving up the plot/story.

As for FW, I barely even see the areas as anything other than big arenas to kill monsters, much like the big open areas of soul sacrifice.

Yeah it is freaking awesome. It is pretty much what I wanted it to be which was Puzzle Quest with pinball. Thought it would steeped in Japanese weirdness and story since it is published by Atlus but this was made in Canada. The story is just silly almost parody of middle earth stereotypes. Surprising has full voice acting. The actual pinball is super easy so far but I play a lot of virtual pinball. Noticeably missing is a nudge and I still instinctively jam the stick out of habit. Still waiting to see how repeating the play fields are. All of the pinball is objective based like kill all the guys, collect this many gold or get to this hole. You can switch between characters, which are different by attributes, by doing a pinball trap. You can add attributes to you character but it doesn't seem as worth it as buying a new character which essentially adds another ball. Still early but loving it so far.

Z4mIiGj.jpg

EDIT: Should have mentioned I am playing on Vita and it runs super well and fast. Also it has an internal cross-save for PS4.

Thanks for the write up, sounds like something I'd love.

Flandy

Are they actually different? I'm a sucker for games that actually bother to map things for remote play instead of just letting the defaults do their thing

Pretty much the same but it works well. L2/R2 are mapped or L/R, L1/R1 are mapped to the rear touch pad, and L3/L3 are mapped to the bottom corners. Works well for the most part, however it is a bit more difficult to drive on the Vita.

SerTapTap

Pretty much the same but it works well. L2/R2 are mapped or L/R, L1/R1 are mapped to the rear touch pad, and L3/L3 are mapped to the bottom corners. Works well for the most part, however it is a bit more difficult to drive on the Vita.

Oh right, basically TLOU's scheme then. I wish the bottom front corners thing was the default instead of the 4 panels on the back, 2 panels is much more manageable.

SerTapTap

Is Neptunia worth the $30?

IMO yes, but you should go into it knowing it's a humorous game not a serious one. The combat system is good, but there are some gotchas, especially early game unfortunately. Lots of into in the OT thread. Single biggest thing to note is the optional dungeons are not really optional if you want to avoid grind, as playing them seems to be expected so you hit a high enough level to beat certain early chapter bosses.

Also the DLC characters are good and crazy cheap (3 of them $1 each)

It looks pretty good, native res I think, pretty solid 30 FPS except certain in-battle effects, dual audio, good localization though it has a fairly lacking amount of english voices and some VAs were replaced since Victory (for the worse). But the humor is good, lots of gaming references, combat is fun. Lasts about 20 hours I think? Maybe 30, it's been a while

Flandy

Oh right, basically TLOU's scheme then. I wish the bottom front corners thing was the default instead of the 4 panels on the back, 2 panels is much more manageable.

Looks like I wasn't specific enough. When I said L3/R3 were the bottom corners I meant the bottom front corners of the screen and not the touch pad

deadfolk

It works amazingly well. My only gripe would maybe be the lack of L2/R2 buttons. You see to attack you hold the R2. It isn't so bad, I mean all you do is hold your finger on the right corner of the touchscreen, it's not like you need to keep on tapping it. Visuals are amazing (aside from the beards LOL) and the game is massive.

There's something like 10 open world areas, I put 8 hours into the first one and only discovered around 30% of that area's map. Also did not advance in the story at all. This one is definitely a time sinker.

Thanks! Definitely grabbing this after payday.

SerTapTap

Looks like I wasn't specific enough. When I said L3/R3 were the bottom corners I meant the bottom front corners of the screen and not the touch pad

I think we're talking about the same thing, TLOU has little "bubbles" to touch at the bottom of the front touch screen for L3/R3, and 2 tall strips on the back touch screen for L2/R2

batrush

IMO yes, but you should go into it knowing it's a humorous game not a serious one. The combat system is good, but there are some gotchas, especially early game unfortunately. Lots of into in the OT thread. Single biggest thing to note is the optional dungeons are not really optional if you want to avoid grind, as playing them seems to be expected so you hit a high enough level to beat certain early chapter bosses.

Also the DLC characters are good and crazy cheap (3 of them $1 each)

It looks pretty good, native res I think, pretty solid 30 FPS except certain in-battle effects, dual audio, good localization though it has a fairly lacking amount of english voices and some VAs were replaced since Victory (for the worse). But the humor is good, lots of gaming references, combat is fun. Lasts about 20 hours I think? Maybe 30, it's been a while

Thanks for the impressions. My main concern was its length.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why is my PS4 not going in to rest mode properly? It's still making noise. No nothing is downloading. It's supposed to be silent in rest mode.

Edit: Oh wait I know why. I downloaded the Destiny demo and even though there's nothing in my downloads right now and the game has installed, it's still apparently downloading more of the game.

Thanks! Definitely grabbing this after payday.

Yup I just wish it wasn't finals season so I could truly sink my teeth in.

On other news, today I preordered Htol#niq's limited edition from the NISA store (76% of stock left), that one's coming in February.

Any Canadian friends here that can tell me how their shipping is? I haven't heard good things, but then others don't complain about it either. The game is still only coming next year, but I'd like to know what to expect LOL.

SerTapTap

Thanks for the impressions. My main concern was its length.

It's decently long. If you go for 100% it's a bit longer, but the postgame content is kinda meh other than tough optional bosses. No real value in replaying the story due to no branching paths or (significant) missable content, I just skipped most scenes in new game +. Most of the trophies are fun to get though, aside from the "collect a total of 100 million dollars" one which is just boring and grindy.

Why is my PS4 not going in to rest mode properly? It's still making noise. No nothing is downloading. It's supposed to be silent in rest mode.

It's probably fine--the fan will continue blowing if it is still hot when going into rest mode. It should quiet down after the heat has blown off. Just a little thing to reduce wear and tear.

Benedict

Have the S2 of Pinball Arcade been released now on PS4 as Farsight said it would?
Any special price for owners of the season pack that already have it on PS3/PS Vita?

VLiberty

Just stumbled upon Ascension @8€ in a market (used, without PSN pass). I said whatever, I don't play online and even if it goes free on PS+, I'll never manage to get the 70 fucking GBs of free space required to install it.

That said, I still have a copy of GOW3 sitting here, since 2012 I think. I'm dumb and buy a lot of games despite not having the time to play them -_-

SerTapTap

Just stumbled upon Ascension @8€ in a market (used, without PSN pass). I said whatever, I don't play online and even if it goes free on PS+, I'll never manage to get the 70 fucking GBs of free space required to install it.

That said, I still have a copy of GOW3 sitting here, since 2012 I think. I'm dumb and buy a lot of games despite not having the time to play them -_-

Definitely play GoW3 before Ascension. Don't feel bad, I'd have done the same. I have a few unopened games on my shelf now for the first time ever

Top Bottom