• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Mondy

Banned
Just played Dead Nation for the first time.

Eh, it's a decent game objectively but I wasn't a fan of it. I can see it getting boring real fast.

jcm

Anyone who did the 12 month music unlimited deal and then the 3 month extension should check your account and make sure auto renew is off if you don't want to extend it. It comes up for renewal over the next couple of weeks. I switched to rdio and I'm much happier so far.

I was debating on getting a vita, but going through my download list and seeing all those free games decided it for me.
Yup. It's a good idea to "claim" all the Vita games even if you don't have one. If you eventually pull the trigger, you have a true instant game collection. And even if you never get a Vita, no skin off your back.

Buying a PS4 has left me looking kinda broke, and I feel kinda left out with the whole Playstation Plus thing. I tried to do the 14 day trial but it won't let me. I guess it's because I've done a trial before, though I don't recall ever doing one. Are there any trials available on the internet somewhere or maybe a discount for a year? I know I saw some place selling a year pretty cheap a while back, just curious if there are any deals running at the moment.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Buying a PS4 has left me looking kinda broke, and I feel kinda left out with the whole Playstation Plus thing. I tried to do the 14 day trial but it won't let me. I guess it's because I've done a trial before, though I don't recall ever doing one. Are there any trials available on the internet somewhere or maybe a discount for a year? I know I saw some place selling a year pretty cheap a while back, just curious if there are any deals running at the moment.

Nothing at the moment although I would check out sites like slickdeals. Also you can find 12 month cards on ebay usually for under $40.

I am having an issue with PlayStation Plus. On February 5th, my PlayStation Plus renewed for another three months. A few weeks ago I turned on my PlayStation 4 for the first time in a while and all of my PlayStation Plus content is expired and has a lock icon next to the launcher. I am unable to play Resogun, even after deleting it and redownloading it. I am currently a PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been since it first started. A couple of times in late March I got an email saying:

"Thank you for being a loyal subscriber. We wanted to remind you that your subscription for PlayStationPlus: 3 Month Membership is set to renew automatically on your next renewal date: 05-FEB-2014"

Anyone know of a fix? Or is this something I'll have to contact Sony about?

crispyben

I am having an issue with PlayStation Plus. On February 5th, my PlayStation Plus renewed for another three months. A few weeks ago I turned on my PlayStation 4 for the first time in a while and all of my PlayStation Plus content is expired and has a lock icon next to the launcher. I am unable to play Resogun, even after deleting it and redownloading it. I am currently a PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been since it first started. A couple of times in late March I got an email saying:

"Thank you for being a loyal subscriber. We wanted to remind you that your subscription for PlayStationPlus: 3 Month Membership is set to renew automatically on your next renewal date: 05-FEB-2014"

Renew your licenses or something? I think I read that round here.

Mako_Drug

Make sure your PS4 is activated as your 'home' system.

Pimpwerx

In settings, under PSN, there should be an option to restore licenses. Do that. But make sure you have activated the PS4 under your account. That should be in the same menu. PEACE.

luiztfc

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I couldn't find the OT for the hardware.

I'm buying a barebones PS4 (500GB version) and I'l like to know what kind of flaws should I look for in the console, since I'll be able to check it before taking home.

I don't live in the US (Brazilian) and the only way to buy the PS4 for a reasonable price is from some kiosks that aren't known for honoring warranties. And since I don't want to a unit with loose hdmi (or something) I'd like to know the flaws I should try to find.

Thanks!

neoflcl

Drat! Did they really take Monster Hunter Freedom Unite off the Instant Game Collection RIGHT as I renewed my PS Plus subscription? :p It keeps telling me it's free for PS Plus members, but then proceeds to charge me the full price. I must have just missed it!

Massa

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I couldn't find the OT for the hardware.

I'm buying a barebones PS4 (500GB version) and I'l like to know what kind of flaws should I look for in the console, since I'll be able to check it before taking home.

I don't live in the US (Brazilian) and the only way to buy the PS4 for a reasonable price is from some kiosks that aren't known for honoring warranties. And since I don't want to a unit with loose hdmi (or something) I'd like to know the flaws I should try to find.

Thanks!

If it's booting and working fine I think the only flaw that you can check at the store is this. Also make sure the controller is new by checking the analog sticks.

Also check "superrecruta", he's a reliable seller with good warranty.

Zoe

JP Plus has been updated.

・Don't Starve: Console Edition(PS4)
・Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond(PS3)
・Fighting Vipers(PS3)
・三極姫 ~戦煌の大火・暁の覇龍~(PS3)
・地球防衛軍3 PORTABLE(PS Vita/PS Vita TV)
・スーパーモンキーボール 特盛あそビ~タ!(PS Vita)
・戦極姫3 ~天下を切り裂く光と影~(PS Vita/PS Vita TV)
・ぷよぷよ!!スペシャルプライス(PSP)
・ティル・ナ・ノーグ ~悠久の仁~(PSP)
・イースIII Wanderers from Ys (Archives)
・夢幻戦士ヴァリス (Archives)

Donos

sooo.. just found this through google...

currently still too tired to make any sense of it, but it seems EU is getting Max Payne and multiple PlayStation mini games...

Edit: beaten badly.
24. April 2012 ... just look at the Comments... also if you read this it's clear that it's ancient. They anticipate the release of Max Payne 3...

desu

sooo.. just found this through google...

currently still too tired to make any sense of it, but it seems EU is getting Max Payne and multiple PlayStation mini games...

This is funnny, I was just looking for possible May 2014 infos a few hours ago and came up with the same result. Took me a while to figure out that this was actually 2012 xD.

Wasp

Anyone played don't starve?

I don't get it what an I meant to do.
You just keep on playing until you either die in the game or die in real life.

I agree with what others have said, it's a very boring game, not my cup of tea at all. But I'm not a fan of Minecraft either.

My problem with Don't Starve is day 2 was doing the same thing as day 1, and day 3 was doing the same thing as day 2, etc, etc, etc. I was just looking for carrots and berries to eat whilst collecting grass and chopping down trees. I wasn't unlocking any new items. I did finally manage to build a Science Machine around day 10 but then I died.

Celegus

I laughed. This was my experience. :D

Same here. Game does a terrible job at explaining anything to you, and then makes you replay the incredibly boring first few days ad nauseum until you find the next thing that will murder you. Games that actually teach you as you play like Spelunky are some of my favorites, but this just one was just frustrating and dull.

jcm

For tomorrow.

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

+ a bunch of discounts. Someone should copy/paste them here. I would but I'm on my phone.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...eljunk-monsters-ultimate-hd-free-for-members/
Here ya go.
Code:
Title                         Plus Price   Regular Price
Batman Arkham Asylum              $12.59          $13.99
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)      $25.19          $27.99
Batman: Arkham Origins 
Blackgate (PS Vita)               $12.59          $13.99
Cel Damage HD (PS4)                $8.99           $9.99
Cel Damage HD (PS3)                $8.99           $9.99
Cel Damage HD (PS Vita)            $8.99           $9.99
Injustice: Gods Among Us 
Ultimate Edition (PS4)            $25.19          $27.99