• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Aren’t we supposed to be getting Secret Ponchos soon?

They really should put Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on PS+. It’s one of the best PSN games for PS3 and would hopefully encourage a sequel.

Rocketbirds would also be cool.

So, with this new EA access thing, I'm tempted to think it's the end of EA games on PS+

what??? why would you think that? ea access is just to trial a game. while ps+ is for full games that actually work and not an early access. seriously why would you think access would be very competitive against +?

what??? why would you think that? ea access is just to trial a game. while ps+ is for full games that actually work and not an early access. seriously why would you think access would be very competitive against +?

EA's new service on Xbox One lets you play the entirety of all the games in the 'vault'. The first group includes Madden 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2, and BF4.

Badosh

Except the Ea thing isn't just trial versions.

zulux21

So, with this new EA access thing, I'm tempted to think it's the end of EA games on PS+

I really can't see this as a bad thing if it happens lol. I just looked through the list of games they released in the last 4 years and there isn't a single game on that list that i don't already own (and I don't own any of their 2013 releases aside from dead space 3 which I will likely never install.

EA's new service on Xbox One lets you play the entirety of all the games in the 'vault'. The first group includes Madden 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2, and BF4.

Except the Ea thing isn't just trial versions.

so for $30/year you get full access to those games? in full?

"Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off"

Cause i thought the access will let you access the game 5 days before release and it will be on trial? if i am wrong, is this the beginning of a new thing? each pub charging a set amount? for all their games? no more $60 box?

Anyone know why Sony seem to be getting later and later with announcing their PS+ games each month? At the start of the year we were having leaks like a week after new games were out! Sony seemed to respond to this quicker by then confirming them a week later, at the latest games seemed to be officially announced in the early 20s.

Do you think it was to do with publishers/developers getting annoyed at the leaks or Sony's early confirmations, as it could mean an extra 2-3 weeks of no sales, with people preferring to wait?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
so for $30/year you get full access to those games? in full?

Cause i thought the access will let you access the game 5 days before release and it will be on trial? if i am wrong, is this the beginning of a new thing? each pub charging a set amount? for all their games? no more $60 box?
It's the full games in full, for as long as you sub or decide to purchase the games, progress carries across.

Anyone know why Sony seem to be getting later and later with announcing their PS+ games each month? At the start of the year we were having leaks like a week after new games were out! Sony seemed to respond to this quicker by then confirming them a week later, at the latest games seemed to be officially announced in the early 20s.

Do you think it was to do with publishers/developers getting annoyed at the leaks or Sony's early confirmations, as it could mean an extra 2-3 weeks of no sales, with people preferring to wait?
Since they're now releasing new IGC games on first Wednesday of each month, they announce those games one week before that. And since first Wednesday in August is August the 6th, they waited/are waiting until today to announce new titles. Fred from PS Blog confirmed it on Twitter, as someone wrote above.

NHale

It was the leaks that led them to announce them earlier. Last year we knew the 90% of the release schedule for the next 3 months because of a Sony Russia leak. Then there was a website that leaked the entire lineup 2 weeks before Sony's announcement.

Now they seemed to manage to contain the leaks and we are back to have to wait for their official announcement which seems to be 1 week before they update the games.

The ecletic hint about this month games make me believe this will end up in disappointment for most people.

ttech10

I think you answered your own question immediately after asking it. Why announce early? They had leaks. No leaks means they get to announce them on their schedule.

Kilvin

Seems to be the first month in a while where there's been no leaks. Hoping for a new game this month at least.

There were leaks yesterday, or have they already been debunked?

Edit: Never mind it looks like they were debunked.

Did anyone notice that Gravity Rush and Uncharted are no longer listed under the PS Plus games on the Vita PS store? I noticed yesterday but it could have been like this for awhile.

ValeYard

Yeah, I saw some leaks yesterday linking back to a site called softpedia. They seemed to be quoting a single tweet as a "leak." Hope to hear about the games soon!

NHale

i'm pesimist this month.

Everytime they hint about an ecletic lineup of games instead of hyping it up, you know it's not a great month coming for the majority but it could be a great month for some that like different types of games.

Flower would definitely fit the bill of an ecletic kind of game. But I doubt anyone is getting excited about a 5 year old game that was already in 100 PSN Sales.

I know I'm overreacting but they need to improve on their PS3 offerings. I found the last 2 months to be very lackluster compared to what they offered before. From January to May: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider, Payday 2 and Sly Cooper. Last 2 months: NBA 2K14, Vessel and Dead Space 3. Meh.

grimmiq

So damn glad I picked up a Vita, has spared me some disappointment with the PS4 ps+ games. Lego Batman 2, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth and Sly Cooper over the last few months has been great and justified my sub...Still feel stupid for not picking it up when I first had the urge and getting Soul Sacrifice.

boldverine

Neo Member

NUyttbn.gif

Top Bottom