• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Marmite?
1364539-tim_schafer.jpg

WTF is Marmite?

bah, foreigners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite
The British version of the product is a sticky, dark brown food paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty. This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." The product's name has entered British English as a metaphor for something which is an acquired taste or tends to polarise opinions

Varth

I'd kill for a month with no indies on PS4 PS+.

I'd kill for a PLUS with no retail games, and only digital, maybe even fishing in the oldies. I buy retail when I like them, but the sheer amount of stuff I'm just curious about coming out on the store means I have to skip on 60%+ stuff.

To each his own I guess.

Added bonus: self proclaimed old school hardcorez hatin each month because NES.

mattp

I don't mind indies but indies are really hit or miss for me, some just don't appeal to me whatsoever while others look amazing

this is such a ridiculous point to make
ALL games can be hit or miss
some are good, some are not
some appeal to you, some don't

indie has no fucking meaning besides "not funded by a big publisher"

We have marmite and I occasionally have some for a change though I prefer vegemite. Some people can't taste the difference though. :

Huh it looks like my local Tesco has Vegemite i should pick it up to check if i can taste the difference or not.

It definitely tastes different, the texture is different too, Vegemite is significantly more solid.

What is happening to this thread lol. Twitter has derailed it.

Jimrpg

this is such a ridiculous point to make
ALL games can be hit or miss
some are good, some are not
some appeal to you, some don't

indie has no fucking meaning besides "not funded by a big publisher"

I disagree.

Call of Duty is probably the most focus group tested, fan driven, gameplay decisions purely made as a result of possible sales. They are going to appeal to a wide range of people, because these things have a big budget and they can't afford for them not to sell. They cater to the lowest common denominator and when we are lucky they also have enough depth to cater for higher level gameplay.

Of course there are plenty of triple A titles that bomb, but there are many reasons why they are so.

When I made that comment, I did not mean triple A's are less hit and miss, I meant there's something in the game for a wider range of people.

Indie games on the other hand aren't about being focus group driven, its a smaller team, and the director is in more control over his final product, he also ISN'T at the mercy of a publisher who tells him to include more tits and ass because it sells more copies. Indie games are totally the vision of the team and the director. Thats why some appeal to me and some don't. Something like Stick it to the Man is probably the game they wanted to make their entire lifetime, that going to a big publisher they weren't going to take the risk on the game, but now self publishing and with the help of digital delivery, they can get the game to people. It's completely not the game I want to play, but I'm sure there are people out there that do.

Top Bottom