• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Magnus

They're packing the game together with ACUnity for the Xbone. It's not going to happen, at least with the PS4 version.

Wouldn't the fact that it's being given away with XB1 bundles support the idea that it might be similarly given away via PS Plus?

I'd think it'd be an ideal candidate for Nov Plus.

Wouldn't the fact that it's being given away with XB1 bundles support the idea that it might be similarly given away via PS Plus?

I'd think it'd be an ideal candidate for Nov Plus.

Maybe December then....

It's part of a marketing deal with MS. I really doubt you'll see it free on the PS4 any time soon. Besides, I don't see that high profile of a game being the first free retail game on the PS4. It's going to be something like Injustice or Knack well before you'll get a current gen AC game.

mclem

Wait. So the Plus edition of DriveClub hasn't launched after all? I thought it was the big game for October.....

It's separate from the 'official' Plus releases (the formal games for October were Spelunky and Dust: An Elysian Tale)

My bets for PS retails games:

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Aren't they still doing the "Won't be on Plus if they've recently been on sale"? This was on sale for Halloween.

VLiberty

It's separate from the 'official' Plus releases (the formal games for October were Spelunky and Dust: An Elysian Tale)

Aren't they still doing the "Won't be on Plus if they've recently been on sale"? This was on sale for Halloween.

Are you expecting retail games to hit this month?

repeater

Two days until the monthly shitstorm of "indie games are not games", "OMG WHEN will we get Knaaaack?!?" etc breaks loose. Brace yourselves.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm still hoping for Costume Quest 2 because I'd like to see the games released sooner rather than later. Please?

Two days until the monthly shitstorm of "indie games are not games", "OMG WHEN will we get Knaaaack?!?" etc breaks loose. Brace yourselves.

I don't mind the indie games, but I would be a little upset if the "no big retail game" is true. I mean, we went from lots of those, to some of those, to some of those with low metascore (at this point, is at least ok), to one that's ages old, to... non?

As for the indies, my Vita will always welcome them.

Any official word on the October games?

REALLY hope the Binding of Isaac rumor was true. Would love to have that one as one of the free games. Will pick it up anyway, but free is always better.

El_Cinefilo

Any official word on the October games?

REALLY hope the Binding of Isaac rumor was true. Would love to have that one as one of the free games. Will pick it up anyway, but free is always better.

Binding of Isaac isn't a rumour. Sony said it was when they announced the ps4 and one of the devs recently confirmed it too.

Karu

I personally also prefer AAA-titles. I can get Indies dirt cheap on Steam or through Humble either way - playing on PC, while AAA-titles are for my PS3 since my PC isn't powerful enough. Besides that I am not much of a high score-hunter. Played Spelunky this month like 30 minutes and stopped.

I love several indie games(Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games of alltime), but Plus just isn't the service I want to get them on. I think that's as reasonable as it gets. Though obviously other people see things differently so what does it matter? If they don't offer games I want to play long term I just cancel. *shrugs*

VLiberty

I personally also prefer AAA-titles. I can get Indies dirt cheap on Steam or through Humble either way - playing on PC, while AAA-titles are for my PS3 since my PC isn't powerful enough. Besides that I am not much of a high score-hunter. Played Spelunky this month like 30 minutes and stopped.

I love several indie games(Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games of alltime), but Plus just isn't the service I want to get them on. I think that's as reasonable as it gets. Though obviously other people see things differently so what does it matter? If they don't offer games I want to play long term I just cancel. *shrugs*

Nobody is gonna say you're wrong, but it's also worth noting that it's not completely/always true. Not all the indie/DD games you get with PS+ are available on Steam.Just look at last month: we got Velocity 2x, TxK and Sportsfriends, three games you can't find on Steam. This month we got Pix and Rainbow Moon - both unavailable on Steam afaik.

Also, a game like Velocity 2x is 20$/17€ more or less, which is around the price you'll be able to buy an AAA game for by the time it gets released as a plus freebie.

Sometimes your argument is valid, sometimes not, that's why I say that we shouldn't dismiss indies as a whole.

Karu

Oh, yes, you are absolutely right. I'm always for a nice mix of titles. But as I said - often times those indie games just don't fit my taste all that well. So I can understand, when people are upset, when they offer only one "category" instead of giving us one title per category as usual. Overall it's not a dealbreaker for me just yet - especially since the price of 15€ is really not that high. By the way - only PS3-user here. The Vita-games piling up unused are really making me nervous though. :D
nevaa.gif Memory cards for that kind of money are a no-go

Fezan

We dont know whats coming to Ps3.

Oh sorry then

Have fun, I'll be drowning in the amazingness that is Binding of Isaac.

Have it on steam

It hasn't been announced yet.

Though honestly I'd far rather have more indie games instead of some shit AssCreed game or whatever.

I like Indie games but only reason i have psplus or ps3 for that matter is that i can enjoy some big budget games from time to time

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Have it on steam

Rebirth is quite the different game from the original on Steam. New art style and tons of new content, among other changes.

tpWgJoW.jpg

Does anybody remember any indie game (same version) without cross-buy in the past months?
Thanks Nicalis...
Binding-of-Isaac-Super-Greed-6.jpg

Thomas was alone isn't cross buy on PS4. Neither is Lone Survivor or Proteus. I have them all on my Vita after buying their bundle and thought they would be cross buy when I heard they were on PS4 but apparently not.

Massa

Thomas was alone isn't cross buy on PS4. Neither is Lone Survivor or Proteus. I have them all on my Vita after buying their bundle and thought they would be cross buy when I heard they were on PS4 but apparently not.

Those were late ports on PS4 so that was a different situation.

Thomas was Alone is cross-buy, Proteus isn't on PS4 and Lone Survivor is just a weird outlier. I think a couple of over Curve games weren't cross-buy either.

Khronico

If true that's really disappointing. One of the deciding factors of me re-subbing to plus was isaac on my vita. I'll probably just end up buying it anyways.

Top Bottom