• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Roto13

I think Sony should add a new classic category to the monthly games. As well as the usual 2 per platform, there should be one PS1/2/PSP game being given away every month as well. It's only one extra addition and these games certainly cant be selling much so I wouldn't see the harm in it for Sony. Would be cool.

I would be totally on board for this. They used to give out PS1 games and that was pretty neat.

xrnzaaas

Its hard to say, I haven't really had any problems in the past month/2 except when PSN is down. Which just so happened to be for the entire length of the holiday week.

The issues I mentioned aren't gamebreaking and for most of the time you can enjoy multiplayer and all the social aspects DC has to offer. It's just that it's not working perfectly as it should, sometimes a connection problem is fixed almost right away, sometimes it's a manner of minutes (or more). Driver's statistics are also a good example of the game's imperfect state - they started working for the first time since the premiere about two weeks ago.

I think Sony should add a new classic category to the monthly games. As well as the usual 2 per platform, there should be one PS1/2/PSP game being given away every month as well. It's only one extra addition and these games certainly cant be selling much so I wouldn't see the harm in it for Sony. Would be cool.

Yep. That would increase the value of the service for me quite a bit.

CengizMan

I already asked this in the thread for stupid gaming questions that don't deserve there own thread, but I didn't get an answer. So I'm going to try it again here:

My PlayStation Plus subscription is almost expired and even though I'm going to renew it, I still have a question. Some of the games (like Hotline Miami, Escape Plan and Spelunky) that I got through the Instant Game Collection seem to have no expiration date. Does that mean that they are mine to keep?

I already asked this in the thread for stupid gaming questions that don't deserve there own thread, but I didn't get an answer. So I'm going to try it again here:

My PlayStation Plus subscription is almost expired and even though I'm going to renew it, I still have a question. Some of the games (like Hotline Miami, Escape Plan and Spelunky) that I got through the Instant Game Collection seem to have no expiration date. Does that mean that they are mine to keep?

As far as I know, yes. That happens when cross-buy is added to the games at a later time.

I have Hotline Miami, and my sub. ended and I was still able to play it...So I think those you keep them for some reason.

No, it is just bugged.
either that or you bought them by mistake on sale (i did this once..)

RK128

Yep :). Some times games that didn't have cross-buy but got that latter on got turned into 'full' games, if that makes any since. For example, I got Resogun through PS+ on the PS4 when it came out, but when it was available for the PS3/Vita, I purchased the game on PSN. Then, for all versions of the game, they became 'mine', no longer having an expiration date.

CengizMan

Yep :). Some times games that didn't have cross-buy but got that latter on got turned into 'full' games, if that makes any since. For example, I got Resogun through PS+ on the PS4 when it came out, but when it was available for the PS3/Vita, I purchased the game on PSN. Then, for all versions of the game, they became 'mine', no longer having an expiration date.

Wow. That is awesome. Weird that they do this, but awesome nonetheless. Thanks for the quick replies.

To those saying journey, is this the ps4 hd version? Or is there a date for that yet?

the lack of info on it is part of the reason it's believed to be a possible psplus game. we've gotten a lot of ps4 plus games on release day, and it's odd that they haven't announced a release date or anything for it.

Is anyone running a deal on a plus membership right now? Just realized mine ran out, figured I should check around before I just pay for it.

Sevyne

My bets:

PS4: Knack, Unfinished Swan
PS3: Twisted Metal, Anarchy Reigns
Vita: Killzone Mercenaries, Joe Danger 2

Wouldn't even be mad. Killzone Mercenaries and Anarchy Reigns would make the month worth it for me. Anarchy Reigns would be a perfect choice IMO. It would bring in some more online players to a currently desolate space.

down 2 orth

Short and a bit fuzzy?

An original cold war-inspired story that breaks out of the mold of common political narrative.

A fucking AWESOME setting.

Good gameplay.

Some of the best console graphics we've ever seen.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but a lot of the time I spent playing this game I was wondering to myself why most people don't enjoy it as much as I do. So I'm just throwing out another opinion different from that.

My bets:

PS4: Knack, Unfinished Swan
PS3: Twisted Metal, Anarchy Reigns
Vita: Killzone Mercenaries, Joe Danger 2

I'd support this list, I hate the Killzone series and I loved Mercenaries. I wanted to try Knack, and Twisted Metal would be some fun to try. I have Anarchy Reigns, but it's nice to have a digital copy in case anything happens to my physical copy.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Is this a prediction thread now?
3kff1wY.jpg

Roto13

An original cold war-inspired story that breaks out of the mold of common political narrative.

A fucking AWESOME setting.

Good gameplay.

Some of the best console graphics we've ever seen.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but a lot of the time I spent playing this game I was wondering to myself why most people don't enjoy it as much as I do. So I'm just throwing out another opinion different from that.

The knees of bees are nothing like that. :(

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
ps4: Black flag and/or some indie garbage (hope its not garbage this time and its Rogue Legacy)

PS3: Far Cry 3 (now that I purchased this game after waiting for it to pop up on PS+, it'll pop up on PS+)

Vita-Some garbage game that you wouldn't even consider buying if it was $5

MUnited83

For you.
ps4: Black flag and/or some indie garbage (hope its not garbage this time and its Rogue Legacy)

PS3: Far Cry 3 (now that I purchased this game after waiting for it to pop up on PS+, it'll pop up on PS+)

Vita-Some garbage game that you wouldn't even consider buying if it was $5

Really low chances of Far Cry 3 popping up. It already did several months ago on the EU PS+ and now the PS+ titles are the same between US and EU.

I could see Black Flag. Frankly I've expected it for a while, but I don't know about the timing now. Seems odd that they would release a good AC game in between releases (I'd anticipate that they'd release if leading up to a release to build hype).

I'd be all over Rogue Legacy though. And it would make sense why it was left out of the sale...

Black Flag would make some sense

Get all those in now who haven't bought it interested and maybe buy Unity and/or DLC after.

Or tempt those who bought Unity already with Black Flag DLC

Turnstyle

I'll take a stab at it:

PS4: Scram Kitty DX, Journey (wishful thinking on that one)
PS3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Overlord (leftfield!)
Vita: Race the Sun, Lego Marvel

Bonus outside chance: VVVVVV

homez99

I would prefer something like Freedom Cry. Those self-contained small DLC campaigns are a great fit for PS+, and it won't annoy everyone who already brought Black Flag as they might not have brought the DLC. Obviously having more full retail games would be great for the service though, and I know lots of people who don't have Black Flag that would benefit.

Are we assuming it won't be Transistor? I want to play it so much but am in the Catch 22 of feeling like I can't buy it because it'll rock up free only a few days later. Wasn't even in the sale, otherwise I would definitely have bitten.

I'm still holding out for Knack. I didn't really like what I've played so far but my GF fell in love with it. I keep telling her that it seems like a good candidate for a PS+ title so we've put off buying it for quite some time.

N30RYU

Should be something like NFS Rivals, Thief, Stynx, Black Flag or Tomb Raider... I don't see KZ, Kanck or one first party come up this early... probably will be The Unfinished Swan, Worms... most likely Tiny Brains or Mousecraft...

Top Bottom