• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

was just wondering last night where the ps plus Feb update post was....usually they're out front of this more than a week. hmmmmm, hoping for good games, and nothing on their flash sale from the past weekend, I splurged on like 5-6 games on ps4.

Footos22

Apotheon is apparently out next week so im guessing that is a lock for PS+ Looks great.

If Thief is on Ps3 im still going for Tomb raider Definitive on PS4.

I'm pretty sure that only happened because they were trying to make us feel better about the PS+ Drive Club thing not happening (or being delayed indefinitely, technically).

That was probably more due to the fact that a shitton of $30 PS+ subscriptions were about to expire and they wanted people to have a reason to reup. I don't think we'll see that again anytime soon.

Its actually strange this one hasn't happened yet, though I don't remember it reviewing well. Maybe poor reviews are the reason?

poor reviews have never stopped a game from going PS+ before though

Journey PS4 is likely but it's cross-buy anyway, so I hope it's not it.

Killzone I have already. /selfish
It was for PS+ Japan, but how has it been in the past, have Japan IGC games ever came to other regions later on?
I guess it would be good for its mp. The campaign is ok and it's still one of the best looking games. The DLC would be nice.

NFS... meh, I have Driveclub now, no need to play Rivals.

Games that had big sales in the past few weeks are probably out of question, too.

I like that TLOU PS4 suggestions, haven't played the Left Behind content yet.

How about a Beyond Two Souls PS4 surprise release? :D
Most likely we just get two new PSN games that release around that time (no idea which games that could be).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What is the last title with poor reviews that went on PlayStation Plus after being out for more than a month? They can't look at reviews for titles that have yet to appear.

Modnation Vita is one example. Several Lego Vita games. I'm sure there's a number of others.

Apotheon is apparently out next week so im guessing that is a lock for PS+ Looks great.

If Thief is on Ps3 im still going for Tomb raider Definitive on PS4.

What is Apotheon? I don't think I've heard of it before.

I've unhooked my PS3 now and I probably won't be returning, but I wouldn't mind Thief as the PS4 offering as well. Unlikely as that may be.

Journey PS4 is likely but it's cross-buy anyway, so I hope it's not it.

Killzone I have already. /selfish
It was for PS+ Japan, but how has it been in the past, have Japan IGC games ever came to other regions later on?
I guess it would be good for its mp. The campaign is ok and it's still one of the best looking games. The DLC would be nice.

NFS... meh, I have Driveclub now, no need to play Rivals.

Games that had big sales in the past few weeks are probably out of question, too.

I like that TLOU PS4 suggestions, haven't played the Left Behind content yet.

How about a Beyond Two Souls PS4 surprise release? :D
Most likely we just get two new PSN games that release around that time (no idea which games that could be).

IIRC, TLoU is a pack-in with every PS4 now, so I doubt that it'd be an IGC title too.

Klart

poor reviews have never stopped a game from going PS+ before though

Sure they have: there's a metacritic minimum to be released as a Plus game (I believe it's 70 or 75%?). Of course this doesn't apply to new, unreviewed games (indies for PS4). And I believe they made one exception once.

MMaRsu

Sure they have: there's a metacritic minimum to be released as a Plus game (I believe it's 70 or 75%?). Of course this doesn't apply to new, unreviewed games (indies for PS4). And I believe they made one exception once.

Theres no minimum requirement.

Thief_PS3_Plus.jpg

Here, have some crow!

"Thanks to PlayStation Plus, millions of gamers can enjoy top-rated* PS3 and PS Vita games at no extra cost.

* Top rated is based on a Metacritic rating of 70+."

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item545235/Get-a-taste-of-PlayStation-Plus/

Thanks for finding that.

Yeah, "you can enjoy top-rated games" is not the same as "every single game we release will be top-rated."

Maybe it's worth a new thread just to put this stupid myth to bed once and for all.

Symphonia

Banned
Have Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs PS4 been on sale in the EU recently? I was disappointed they were *not* in the latest Square Enix sale in NA, but if that's because they're scheduled for Plus soon I wouldn't mind it at all.
Oh, man, Sleepy Dawgs on PS+ would be amazing. Or even Tomb Raider, although I've already completed it.

MMaRsu

The only games I personally didnt find interesting ( wouldnt call then garbage ) were the road not taken and Contrast. Aside from that most if not all "indie" games have been excellent.

Symphonia

Banned
Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider were already given out for free on PS3. I don't want those games for the PS4. <_<
Were they? Bugger. Well, I wouldn't say no to Thief either, never got around to playing that. Unless it was given out on PS4 PS+ already. In which case, give me some new indie shit.

Thanks. Looks interesting, although not the kind of game I would probably buy myself. But for free I'll check it out.

The definition of garbage indie games in the past have included the likes of Velocity 2X and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Give me garbage indies over any retail PS4 games.

Pah, I bet you're looking forward to shitty games like Hyper Light Drifter, Ghost Song and Cosmic Star Heroine as well! Who plays this garbage?!

Klart

Thus, not really a requirement. Apparently, Malicious was a Plus game and under 70.

That's pretty much the only exception they've made on hundreds of games. They stated this themselves when they announced Malicious as a Plus game. So they do hold it as a rule somewhat. I don't think there are any other exceptions (of course not taking into account newly released & hence at the time unrated games for PS4)

Top Bottom