• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

kevin1025

Banned
This has always been my point in these threads. People are screaming for AAA games but when asked, the majority either have a bias against indies (going so far as claiming they “aren’t real games”) or a warped idea of some perceived value that AAA games are worth more and therefor they want them instead of indies.

I just want good games. If Sony is willing to offer TLoU, Tomb Raider DE, Shadow of Mordor, or Metro Redux, then BRING IT ON! Who would say no to top tier AAA.

We aren’t going to get that. When people say they want more AAA, they aren’t asking for the best AAA games, because that’s unrealistic right now; they are asking for Knack, Killzone, and Injustice.

I’d take top tier indie over mediocre AAA any day and it surprises me that anyone would want the opposite.

I think it has more to do with release, unfortunately. The top tier AAA games you mentioned are all within the past 7-8 months, likely too soon to be given out for "free". The awesome thing about Playstation Plus for PS3 was there was nearly four years worth of titles out before it started. Starting out right away at the start of a console's life cycle means we get the small games until the bigger games have faded a little. We will probably get the games you mentioned, just maybe not till late this year or early next year, if at all in some cases.

The launch games are a likelihood because they have the most time behind them. But you never know, we might get a huge game out of nowhere!

Bauer91

I'm hoping we finally get a non-indie game for Vita this month. Not holding my breath though. I think the last one was Dragon's Crown, which was forever ago.

EDIT: Just checked, Dragon's Crown was the second last (August 2013), last one was PSASBR (September 2013). So six months ago, ugh.

Seriously. Vita is my only PlayStation device at the moment and I'd love to get some decent retail games again.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm hoping we finally get a non-indie game for Vita this month. Not holding my breath though. I think the last one was Dragon's Crown, which was forever ago.

EDIT: Just checked, Dragon's Crown was the second last (August 2013), last one was PSASBR (September 2013). So six months ago, ugh.

I just want FFX but that'll never happen lol. This is my last month of PS+, so unless it's something big, I'm going to be cancelling. Haven't felt like I was getting my value out of the last year.

kiyoaki

Thief seems OK to me, I liked the original game from way back and I always wanted to try the new one, but never enough to buy it after the mixed reviews it received. Middlish AA(A) games are almost all like that for me, so I appreciate it when Sony puts them on Plus along with some great indies.

I think it has more to do with release, unfortunately. The top tier AAA games you mentioned are all within the past 7-8 months, likely too soon to be given out for "free". The awesome thing about Playstation Plus for PS3 was there was nearly four years worth of titles out before it started. Starting out right away at the start of a console's life cycle means we get the small games until the bigger games have faded a little. We will probably get the games you mentioned, just maybe not till late this year or early next year, if at all in some cases.

The launch games are a likelihood because they have the most time behind them. But you never know, we might get a huge game out of nowhere!

I totally agree! It's silly for someone to think we'll be getting Uncharted quality of PS+ games for PS4. If people want good games, they should be advocating for high quality games, not AAA over indie.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Unit 13 should go on Plus this month because if near getting the axe is true then Unit 13 will be severely crippled.

It was on Plus at some point, I doubt it will come back.

Hellraider

I just want FFX but that'll never happen lol. This is my last month of PS+, so unless it's something big, I'm going to be cancelling. Haven't felt like I was getting my value out of the last year.

Back when they were constantly releasing bigger Vita games I always thought FFX was a lock (Vita version only not the PS3) Nowadays, well, let's just say I don't expect that much for Vita.

Has Sony ever given out a Jrpg for Plus?

Maybe on Vita, but I'm struggling to think of what game that might have been. Wasn't there a thing where they gave away four old PSP games including FF Tactics and Patapon and I think Wild Arms or something...am I making this up? That might not have even been a PS+ thing.

Reset

Maybe on Vita, but I'm struggling to think of what game that might have been. Wasn't there a thing where they gave away four old PSP games including FF Tactics and Patapon and I think Wild Arms or something...am I making this up? That might not have even been a PS+ thing.

I remember Wild Arms but it wasn't a PS+ title. It was given out to everyone for free.
Hmm so only Vita got a Jrpg title. Eh

Sec0nd

PS3 Thief would be a huge bummer. Even though apparently it's not a good game I'd love to try it at least once for PS4. PS3 is just ehh.

JoshHood

PS3 Thief would be a huge bummer. Even though apparently it's not a good game I'd love to try it at least once for PS4. PS3 is just ehh.
It feels especially shitty when there is a (better) PS4 version, and at least here in the UK, they're basically the same price at retail. Feels like being deliberately low-budget.

Also: does anyone else find it weird that only Thief is shown on the PS3 What's New thing when usually it's both PS3 games there? Makes me wonder if we're only getting one PS3 game this month/from now on - getting Arkham Asylum years after Arkham City already suggested they were running out of recent PS3 games to put on Plus.

MikeyB

I haven't dug a trench or even a foxhole, but I really hope one of the PS4 offerings is Killzone Intercept.

It's good, guys. Really.

Emote 'spins and runs'.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Unit 13 should go on Plus this month because if near getting the axe is true then Unit 13 will be severely crippled.
I love Unit 13 and hav no idea what you're talking about. I've never used near for anything and the game game doesn't feel crippled for me in any way. Also the game already went on Plus ages ago. One of the earlier Vita games on the service actually.

I love Unit 13 and hav no idea what you're talking about. I've never used near for anything and the game game doesn't feel crippled for me in any way. Also the game already went on Plus ages ago. One of the earlier Vita games on the service actually.

are you in the US? it was actually on PSplus here last year i believe

Tohsaka

I played Thief on PS4 and thought it was decent, though it was probably the worst-performing PS4 game I've played so far. The fact that it couldn't hit a consistent 30fps on PS4 makes me not even want to think what the PS3 version was like.

Hikami

Yeah.. Vita game choices haven't been to my liking at all sadly. Pretty much burnt out on indies.
I'll take Rogue Legacy though.

kevin1025

Banned
I played Thief on PS4 and thought it was decent, though it was probably the worst-performing PS4 game I've played so far. The fact that it couldn't hit a consistent 30fps on PS4 makes me not even want to think what the PS3 version was like.

From videos I've seen and reading up on performance differences between versions, the PS3 (and 360) frame rate drops quite often, there's screen tearing up the wazoo, and the visuals look like an early PS3 game than a game at the end of its life cycle.

MMaRsu

If they give us a stealth game id rather get that game on ps4 where you're like a troll stealth master. Styx or something. Heard it was great.

Top Bottom