• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Hopefully Theif is on PS4 too. No chance in hell am I playing that on last-gen hardware.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Rumor: Looks like Thief might be coming to PS3?

m2y2ymfhotjkzjrkzwrmymi2nduxywfimmy5zwq5yti.jpg

Reddit source: http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/2tzkpv/thief_ps_plus_title_in_february/

My tiles was showing Prototype 2 and Uncharted 2, yet Uncharted 2 wasn't even discounted, let alone free. So I wouldnt put too much weight on that.

Good, keep a game like Thief to the PS3. The PS3 hasn't been getting anything good lately, so might as well keep up the trend. Give me Knack and Rogue Legacy for PS4, and it will be a good month. Also, no games like Proteus or Woah Dave!. Woah Dave! has so little to do, and if I wanted it, I could have got it for cheap.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
it can't happen, thief on the PS4 has a 67 metacritic making it impossible

If I remember correctly, the whole metacritic thing was something that was said under the previous management. Nothing indicates that this is still a thing except a few die hards who insists on it. There is no meta critic requirement.

Hopefully Theif will be on both platforms.

MUnited83

For you.
If I remember correctly, the whole metacritic thing was something that was said under the previous management. Nothing indicates that this is still a thing except a few die hards who insists on it. There is no meta critic requirement.

It won't be on both platforms. And they are doing a favor to everyone who has a PS4. Nobody should experience that horrible game.

Bumhead

Banned
Thief is the embodiment of how dumb it is to base your tastes on release formats and budgets rather than actual quality.

A lot of people spent a lot of time moaning because there were no retail PS4 games on Plus. They should have realised when they were doing that that stuff like Knack and Thief were highly likely to be among the first games we got.

IF it is Thief (and that's not confirmed yet) then I hope the indie game we get alongside it (and the PS3/Vita offerings) is good, otherwise it'll be a shocker of a month.

kinoki

It won't be on both platforms. And they are doing a favor to everyone who has a PS4. Nobody should experience that horrible game.

While I expect Thief to be bad I also expect it to be an interesting failure. I need a wreck of a game now to play through.

If it does only arrive on PS3 I'm guessing they're trying to squeeze every single dime out of that game. Expect PS4 in a few months time.

Megatron

Do you have any evidence of that? Any sources? Other than your ass, I mean. Its weird to think that just because some employees come and go, we should assume policy has changed without it being stated.

Also, it is really mind boggling that people would rather play bad retail games than good Indies. You dont really want killzone/thief/knack people. They are bad games.

Thief is okay. I got it through gamefly and didn't finish it. Some of the missions are pretty good, there are a few that are really really bad though. The open-ish hubworld leaves a really bad early impression with constant loading. It's not a terrible psplus offering. I love a lot of the psplus indie offerings, but some have been rather bad IMO. There certainly have been worse offerings than thief.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Do you have any evidence of that? Any sources? Other than your ass, I mean. Its weird to think that just because some employees come and go, we should assume policy has changed without it being stated.

Also, it is really mind boggling that people would rather play bad retail games than good Indies. You dont really want killzone/thief/knack people. They are bad games.

There was never a requirement, only the suggestion that some games provided are "great" which was defined as 70+. Not a guarantee that all would be great.

kinoki

I have Knack and Killzone and I consider them deeply flawed games with lots of interesting bits. I don't really want them, I wouldn't mind them is what I'm saying.

My ass speaks as if horny angels blow trumpets of joy. I'm basing the no-metacritic-lol on the fact that there have been several games that have been below that score. They don't care. It's not a rule. It's probably an internal decision to try to keep it above that line but that they enforce it if a better deal is to be made. They're not going to say no to Thief.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I will defend Watch Dogs to my death. Love it. I don't care what anyone says. Best AAA game of last year. I wouldn't evn mind WD being a Plus game one day even if I already own it. Would be sweet to have a digital version of it.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah First Light is REALLY short, but at least the challenges improve its length to about 10 hours (depending on how skilled you are).

Short but sweet. Yeah, the challenge room can get pretty chaotic, I enjoyed the survival ones more than the rescue missions, I wasn't able to get the trophies for the survival ones (yet). The challenges themselves are pretty cool too, though some definitely take a good deal of skill like you mentioned (the level 30 in challenge rooms, etc.).

antibolo

Banned
I'm hoping we finally get a non-indie game for Vita this month. Not holding my breath though. I think the last one was Dragon's Crown, which was forever ago.

EDIT: Just checked, Dragon's Crown was the second last (August 2013), last one was PSASBR (September 2013). So six months ago, ugh.

This has always been my point in these threads. People are screaming for AAA games but when asked, the majority either have a bias against indies (going so far as claiming they “aren’t real games”) or a warped idea of some perceived value that AAA games are worth more and therefor they want them instead of indies.

I just want good games. If Sony is willing to offer TLoU, Tomb Raider DE, Shadow of Mordor, or Metro Redux, then BRING IT ON! Who would say no to top tier AAA.

We aren’t going to get that. When people say they want more AAA, they aren’t asking for the best AAA games, because that’s unrealistic right now; they are asking for Knack, Killzone, and Injustice.

I’d take top tier indie over mediocre AAA any day and it surprises me that anyone would want the opposite.

Top Bottom