• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I think it is a great month but I also think Sony is not doing indie developers a favor. Personally I love indie games and in the past usually bought 1-2 indie games a month just out of curiosity. This has completely stopped because Sony throws at least 24 indie games in my face each year, and thats on PS4 alone... Now I am not complaining, I get loads of games! But I think that I am not alone with this and I think that this may become an issue for indie developers in the long run.
I don't think it necessarily hurts so much. Those of us on here are the among most savvy and in-tune of consumers. The average consumer will still probably buy what they want to buy. In many cases, this gets the game into the hands of those who otherwise wouldn't have touched it.

LakeEarth

I have to admit, I've stopped buying most indie games at full price. I only pull the trigger at sub-$5 prices, because if it does show up on PS+ a few months later, it's not so bad.

The only exception being Octodad, because the trailer for the game made me laugh so hard that I just wanted them to have my money. But that hasn't gotten to PS+ yet, so that doesn't count yet.

Celegus

Perhaps not all hope is lost for Tearaway going on NA PS+ then, cool. It looks great and worth buying, but I have so many to play that actually buying them feels frivolous. That double edged blade of PS+, but I'm not complaining.

kevin1025

Banned
The good news about the Japan PS+ is that it tells us that Tearaway now has a chance of being a IGC game for US and EU in the possibly near future.

Or maybe not if they're trying to pull a fast one about Tearaway Unfolded.

The good news about the Japan PS+ is that it tells us that Tearaway now has a chance of being a IGC game for US and EU in the possibly near future.

Or maybe not if they're trying to pull a fast one about Tearaway Unfolded.

Naw, Japan gets free shit all the time that never comes to EU/NA. I wouldn't hold my breath.

randomkid

Cool, my extra 5 days of Plus were supposed to expire today, but I somehow managed to get all the Feb games added to my account in the hour long window before they were officially up. I knew PSN store wonkiness would help me out one of these days!

Really glad I was able to pick up Apotheon and Transistor in particular, between those and Resogun and Mercenary Kings I'll have a nice little download collection waiting for me whenever I get a PS4 and resubscribe.

Cool, my extra 5 days of Plus were supposed to expire today, but I somehow managed to get all the Feb games added to my account in the hour long window before they were officially up. I knew PSN store wonkiness would help me out one of these days!

Really glad I was able to pick up Apotheon and Transistor in particular, between those and Resogun and Mercenary Kings I'll have a nice little download collection waiting for me whenever I get a PS4 and resubscribe.

But you can't play them without PS+....

(Didnt see resubscribe part. Good deal)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
They're up on EU Store

"bought" them at work via mobile app, PS4 should have downloaded them when I'm back from work. In the rare cases everything works, this generation is amazingly convenient.

Mogwai

Apotheon seems like it has decent combat mechanics. Very Souls'esque. I just wish that attack wasn't bound to RT. Gets annoying very quickly.

And why does Rogue Legacy have the Transistor's icon on the PS4?!

Tobinishi

Apotheon seems like it has decent combat mechanics. Very Souls'esque. I just wish that attack wasn't bound to RT. Gets annoying very quickly.

Did you download the games while in standby mode? It's a bug that happened to me before. I was unable to update any of games and all the icons were messed up. Had to deinstall and reinstall everything.

happened to me but instead of transistor it was 2 icons for Apotheon and i couldn't update Rogue Legacy. Had to completely unplug my PS4 as it wouldn't shut down, go through the database checking process, and then delete and redownload RL. It was fine after that.

Mogwai

Did you download the games while in standby mode? It's a bug that happened to me before. I was unable to update any of games and all the icons were messed up. Had to deinstall and reinstall everything.

happened to me but instead of transistor it was 2 icons for Apotheon and i couldn't update Rogue Legacy. Had to completely unplug my PS4 as it wouldn't shut down, go through the database checking process, and then delete and redownload RL. It was fine after that.

Ah. I guess I'll do a reinstall then. I did download it in rest mode.

xrnzaaas

So I've finally played Apotheon and Transistor. Not a big fan of Apotheon. Yeah sure it looks original, but I don't like metroidvania games (I was hoping it would be a "simple" platformer) and the framedrops are really annoying. Loving Transistor on the other hand. I only had about two hours to play it yesterday, but I already want more. :)

Not touching Rogue Legacy, because roguelike games aren't my thing.

xrnzaaas

It's more of a 'rogue-lite'. You really should give it a try though, fantastic game.

OK, maybe I will since a single session can be short. ;) The last game from this genre I played was Binding of Isaac. I sucked at it and I didn't get any joy from (re)playing it.

NeoRausch

OK, maybe I will since a single session can be short. ;) The last game from this genre I played was Binding of Isaac. I sucked at it and I didn't get any joy from (re)playing it.

A single session can be VERY short, believe me!

Edit:
You will die a lot, but the good thing is that you can upgrade your character with gold and only a small amount of gold will get lost when you die.
So I got into the "let's just unlock this"-mode. And then I needed to see how good the new skill is.
Oh shit, I can do this now? I don't for from one hit now?! What it's that day to kill that guy now?!! Damm, I almost have enough gold for the next trait!!! Awesome! let's see....

Swooosh,two hours gone!

Vaga

Really digging Apotheon, like the artstyle, the music and shit up to the point of crashing constantly every hour or so, how the fuck did this pass QA? I noticed crashes occur the moment you leave an area and autosaving, I stopped playing just in case it doesn't corrupt the save.

kiyoaki

Yesterday I told myself I was just going to try Rogue Legacy for five minutes, then immediately got hooked and played for four hours straight. I suck at the game, it's so hard to believe I used to play through the NES Mega Mans and Castlevanias. All those years of playing mostly RPGs must have dulled my reflexes. But the way you can improve your stats little by little is so addictive.

Is there something like a beginner's guide to the game? I've mostly used my money to buy new character classes and build health, is there a smarter way to go about that? I thought the miner class would be great for grinding, but I die so fast playing them it mostly isn't worth it. Barbarians seem to be the easiest to play so far, followed by shinobi.

Celegus

Yesterday I told myself I was just going to try Rogue Legacy for five minutes, then immediately got hooked and played for four hours straight. I suck at the game, it's so hard to believe I used to play through the NES Mega Mans and Castlevanias. All those years of playing mostly RPGs must have dulled my reflexes. But the way you can improve your stats little by little is so addictive.

Is there something like a beginner's guide to the game? I've mostly used my money to buy new character classes and build health, is there a smarter way to go about that? I thought the miner class would be great for grinding, but I die so fast playing them it mostly isn't worth it. Barbarians seem to be the easiest to play so far, followed by shinobi.

Almost every upgrade is worthwhile, except for reducing the toll. I don't use a lot of spells, so I don't bother much with the magic upgrades. Personally I find higher attack and crit to be more useful than more health, especially since vampirism equipment heals you a set amount no matter what. But just like many other rogue-like-ish games, playing and replaying the game will make you better with time. Sure the higher stats help, but knowing enemy patterns arguably helps even more.

Roto13

This month's games aren't showing up in my download list on the webstore. It says I can add them to my cart there, until I try, at which point it tells me I'm not eligible. They're in the lists on my consoles. Has this happened to anyone else?

Celegus

Wow. Transistor is pretty much guaranteed to be my 2015's 2014 game of the year. Incredible, loved absolutely everything about it. Starting my second run through already to soak in some more of the story and get the rest of the trophies.

This month's games aren't showing up in my download list on the webstore. It says I can add them to my cart there, until I try, at which point it tells me I'm not eligible. They're in the lists on my consoles. Has this happened to anyone else?

Log out and back in again.

jf DOOM

White Night and Helldivers are both releasing on March 3 on PS4. Either one or both would be great additions to the March lineup IMO.

xrnzaaas

A single session can be VERY short, believe me!

Edit:
You will die a lot, but the good thing is that you can upgrade your character with gold and only a small amount of gold will get lost when you die.
So I got into the "let's just unlock this"-mode. And then I needed to see how good the new skill is.
Oh shit, I can do this now? I don't for from one hit now?! What it's that day to kill that guy now?!! Damm, I almost have enough gold for the next trait!!! Awesome! let's see....

Swooosh,two hours gone!

After a few weeks of playing (not daily but quite regularly) I must say it's the first modern roguelike game I'm enjoying. The beginning was quite frustrating due to very quick and sudden deaths, but now I got a little bit better and I usually manage to earn 1000-2000 gold from each run. :)

Rogue Legacy hard froze my PS3 twice, and the second time it erased my savefile. I was having with the game but I ain't touching it ever again.

noomi

So I was browing psn plus games yesterday and came across hotline miami and rogue legacy both of which were free for me? Not sure why? Were they always free?

N30RYU

So I was browing psn plus games yesterday and came across hotline miami and rogue legacy both of which were free for me? Not sure why? Were they always free?

if you redeemed Hotline Miami back then for the Vita/PS3 you can now have it for PS4 too.

Top Bottom