• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Verelios

So, uh, which thread is doing the PS+ trial, push it forward deal?

I've been wanting to re-up for my Vita since June, but I haven't seen any good deals. Now is as good a time as ever!

breakfuss

Is anyone else having trouble getting Star Wars Pinball to work on Vita? I downloaded it several times and it failed to install each time. The Star Wars Pinball tables work in Zen Pinball 2, though.

Going to try downloading it to my PS3 and transferring.

Hey, it should work for you now. I was finally able to install it on the vita.

Vashetti

Banned
I've been downloading Battlefield 3 for two days now, and it's only 43% complete.

My internet isn't the fastest by any means, but I've downloaded games half this size in a couple of hours. This is just ridiculous. Don't know why my internet hates PSN so much. It often takes a couple of minutes just to boot up the store.

Please be excited for the 1.8gb patch.

sakipon

Playing Stealth Inc. currently. Those texts on the walls were amusing for like a couple of levels. I see what they're trying to do, but it would've been better to ditch that tone.

Tizoc

I've been downloading Battlefield 3 for two days now, and it's only 43% complete.

My internet isn't the fastest by any means, but I've downloaded games half this size in a couple of hours. This is just ridiculous. Don't know why my internet hates PSN so much. It often takes a couple of minutes just to boot up the store.

PS3 connected via network cable download much faster.

Roto13

Hey, it should work for you now. I was finally able to install it on the vita.

I actually have a brand new problem now!

I downloaded Machinarium and installed it and all was well. Then I wanted to download the demo of Pinball Heroes, but I didn't have any space, so I deleted Machinarium and downloaded the demo (which was much, much smaller than Machinarium) and it failed to install because there was only like 5mb of free space.

Has anyone had space just magically disappear from their memory card?

EDIT: Also, Star Wars Pinball still won't install. xP

That slow download is really specific to BF3. Happened to me before. All other downloads completed without problems.

I'm downloading Tokyo Jungle now and it started with 1mps. Once it hit 25% though it's now back to one megabyte every fifteen seconds. Why would my speed change like that?

PS3 connected via network cable download much faster.

I don't have anywhere to connect it. Wi-Fi is downstairs, and I don't have any ethernet outlets to plug it in up here.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I actually have a brand new problem now!

I downloaded Machinarium and installed it and all was well. Then I wanted to download the demo of Pinball Heroes, but I didn't have any space, so I deleted Machinarium and downloaded the demo (which was much, much smaller than Machinarium) and it failed to install because there was only like 5mb of free space.

Has anyone had space just magically disappear from their memory card?

EDIT: Also, Star Wars Pinball still won't install. xP
Is it like game installs on the PS3 where a game's install/patch data sits around after the game is uninstalled? (Or, maybe that's just disc games...regardless, you see what I mean.)

Joni

I'm downloading Tokyo Jungle now and it started with 1mps. Once it hit 25% though it's now back to one megabyte every fifteen seconds. Why would my speed change like that?

I don't have anywhere to connect it. Wi-Fi is downstairs, and I don't have any ethernet outlets to plug it in up here.

What is your NAT type?

Yawnier

Banned
Just played and beat Journey, such a wonderful game with a beautiful art style. Glad I picked it up while it was on sale last week.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Darkside is done. Waiting for Umbrella to finish so I can try it out with a DS3. If anything I found a Move Sports bundle on Kijiji for $20 and a $5 Move gun at the hock shop.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Anyone? ):
If everything were right with the world, it would work either way, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet on it.

Best thing to do is always to buy it on the store, in my experience. Buying a card at retail has almost never been the better deal, but that's just me.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If everything were right with the world, it would work either way, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet on it.

Best thing to do is always to buy it on the store, in my experience. Buying a card at retail has almost never been the better deal, but that's just me.
Instead of guessing it's easier to just look up the blog post from when it was announced and see the answer.

PlayStation Plus is available now and will continue to be available for a one-off payment of €49.99/£39.99. However, as you might have heard during the gamescom press conference today, if you purchase a one year membership through PlayStation Store up until 20th September we’ll give you an additional 90 days at no extra cost!

sOUOgm3.png

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...revolution-continues/comment-page-2/#comments

Celegus

Hitman was a bust (made it onto the train and didn't like any of it), so time to try out some random Resident Evil shooty games! All I really want to play is more Spelunky though.

hurzelein

Is there a way to see how long your PS Plus subscription lasts, but in the browser? Can't find it in the store's account menues.

Donos

Is there a way to see how long your PS Plus subscription lasts, but in the browser? Can't find it in the store's account menues.

Go to your bought items (you even "buy" the free stuff, remember?) then to Media and there are the games you got over PS+ with an expiration date which is your PS+ expiration date. Under Media, even PS+ itself is listed with the expiration date.

Thanks to this i just saw that my PS+ ended today. Damn. Thought it would end in November -_-.

Lol without PS+ my huuuuge list of games shrinks back to Wipeout HD/Fury, Journey and Pixel Junk Eden oO. If that's not a good incentiv to resub... damn Sony, but with vacation around i have no money.

Curufinwe

I got stuck on the same Darkside Chronicles boss battle I did on the Wii four years ago and had to look it up. Again.
There's a really small window to use the rocket launcher on Mr X.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't know where else to ask this but is there any way to find out more details about what's on the hard drive? I have a 160gb ps3, 149 to use and for the longest time I had about 14gb unaccounted for if I deleted every game I have downloaded. Now I calculated it again and I'd only have about 100-102/149.

Where's all my space going? Any game data I have installed is less than 50mb each and I don't really keep anything else on the ps3. No movies, pictures or anything like that. Don't have Home installed either. I honestly can't figure out what could be taking up 40+gb.

Ocaso

Don't know where else to ask this but is there any way to find out more details about what's on the hard drive? I have a 160gb ps3, 149 to use and for the longest time I had about 14gb unaccounted for if I deleted every game I have downloaded. Now I calculated it again and I'd only have about 100-102/149.

Where's all my space going? Any game data I have installed is less than 50mb each and I don't really keep anything else on the ps3. No movies, pictures or anything like that. Don't have Home installed either. I honestly can't figure out what could be taking up 40+gb.

There's a separate area on the XMB where you can find old patches. Some of these can be huge and add up. Perhaps that's where your space is lost?

Toki767

Nothing is wrong with your hard drive. Hard drive manufacturers like to say 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes (10^9.) but really 1 GB is 1024KB, or 1,073,741,824 bytes.
Basically to get your real hard drive size for any drive, you would take the bytes, which is 160,000,000,000 and divide it by 1024^3. That gives you 149GB in reality.

If you're still missing 40-50GB of space after deleting everything, chances are you didn't actually delete everything. Have you tried maybe doing a format to make sure?

Derrick01

Banned
Nothing is wrong with your hard drive. Hard drive manufacturers like to say 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes (10^9.) but really 1 GB is 1024KB, or 1,073,741,824 bytes.
Basically to get your real hard drive size for any drive, you would take the bytes, which is 160,000,000,000 and divide it by 1024^3. That gives you 149GB in reality.

If you're still missing 40-50GB of space after deleting everything, chances are you didn't actually delete everything. Have you tried maybe doing a format to make sure?

I did a system restore and checked and it's only at 130gb/149. No idea what's taking that space up. I haven't even installed firmware or even set the internet connection up yet.

Toki767

I did a system restore and checked and it's only at 130gb/149. No idea what's taking that space up. I haven't even installed firmware or even set the internet connection up yet.

That's correct. The PS3 OS always saves 10-12% of the maximum hard drive space.

Playing Stealth Inc. currently. Those texts on the walls were amusing for like a couple of levels. I see what they're trying to do, but it would've been better to ditch that tone.

Don't worry the frequency decreases as it goes on. I was indiferrent to it. Love the game tho.

olimpia84

I'm sick of making room in my HDD to get more games. Can you guys recommend me some good HDDs for my Phat 80GB model that are affordable?

So I'm having a huge problem with PS+.

I've been a subscriber since June '12, I have renewed my sub every time it's run out and am now subscribed until July 2014.
Two weeks ago I went to boot up Mortal Kombat on my Vita, a game I got for 'free' from PS+, and it told me that it had expired.
I thought that was very odd, panicked a little and tried another game which had also expired.
I checked that my sub hadn't ran out, and it hadn't, subbed through to 2014.
Booted my PS3, checked a few games: all expired.
Was told that if I went into my Download History and redownloaded them all (even just for a second before cancelling the download) it would renew all the licenses.
So I went into download history, and to my horror every game that I downloaded from Plus between June '12 and May '13 had completely disappeared from my history.
Checked on the online store: same thing.
They're not in my purchase history either.
I called Sony and explained the situation and they said they'd investigate and get back to me in a week. A week later and no word from them, so I called again and was told my investigation had been taken up to higher management and they'll contact me within a couple of days.
Meanwhile I have no access to 61 of the games I downloaded from Plus.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I can't fathom what can have happened and am extremely worried that I have lost access to those 61 games despite my sub never expiring (even if it had, as long as I renewed within 6 months I should still have access to those games).

Parapraxis

So I'm having a huge problem with PS+.

I've been a subscriber since June '12, I have renewed my sub every time it's run out and am now subscribed until July 2014.
Two weeks ago I went to boot up Mortal Kombat on my Vita, a game I got for 'free' from PS+, and it told me that it had expired.
I thought that was very odd, panicked a little and tried another game which had also expired.
I checked that my sub hadn't ran out, and it hadn't, subbed through to 2014.
Booted my PS3, checked a few games: all expired.
Was told that if I went into my Download History and redownloaded them all (even just for a second before cancelling the download) it would renew all the licenses.
So I went into download history, and to my horror every game that I downloaded from Plus between June '12 and May '13 had completely disappeared from my history.
Checked on the online store: same thing.
They're not in my purchase history either.
I called Sony and explained the situation and they said they'd investigate and get back to me in a week. A week later and no word from them, so I called again and was told my investigation had been taken up to higher management and they'll contact me within a couple of days.
Meanwhile I have no access to 61 of the games I downloaded from Plus.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I can't fathom what can have happened and am extremely worried that I have lost access to those 61 games despite my sub never expiring (even if it had, as long as I renewed within 6 months I should still have access to those games).

As long as the games are still in your download list I wouldn't worry too much.
Do you have your account on any other PS3s?
If so do the games not work on them either?

It sounds like it is an issue on Sony's end.

Top Bottom