• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Roto13

Guess I'll finally try Ico? Did not like the HD port of Shadow of the Colossus at all. They ruined something with the mechanics.

Already have Galaga DX and Rayman Origins so this isn't a great month for me.

ascii42

Guess I'll finally try Ico? Did not like the HD port of Shadow of the Colossus at all. They ruined something with the mechanics.

Already have Galaga DX and Rayman Origins so this isn't a great month for me.

I haven't placed Shadow of the Colossus HD, but Ico HD played fine to me.

PS Blog is now up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/29/playstation-plus-septembers-instant-game-collection/

TKrD6e7.png

Nice. I've been interested in Resident Evil Chronicles since it was announced but never saw it cheap enough for me to impulse buy. Free is good for me.

Tizoc

Aren't those the lightgun shooter ones? Are they decent enough to play if you don't have a Move controller?

Yes they are, I don't have a move controller but they work fine with a PS3 controller.
They play similar to the House of the Dead games but with some irritating QTEs @_@

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So how is PS+ going to work in the early days of the PS4?

There will be so few games for the system
and they will all be brand new...

So in light of that then what kind of free games are they going to give us each month on PS4?
Indie games. 1 new indie game every month + DriveClub PS+ Edition. Off the top of my head they've announced Resogun for the console launch and Don't Starve, Outlast, Secret Ponchos, & Binding of Isaac Rebirth for post launch. "Bonus content" for War Thunder has also been announced so we're also getting some DLC for PS4 PS+.

As long as they continue pushing out some heavy discounts I'll be satisfied.

Does Assassin's Creed III Classic Edition have the PS3 exclusive missions? I'd just assumed it would have but looking at the AC sale that started today, they've got it listed as DLC weighing in at nearly 200MB, which never downloaded with the game.

Tizoc

Is a European + account needed for Jak and Daxter? If not is creating a European account easy?

Making an EU account is easy, but Jak and Daxter Trilogy is 'free' for EU Plus members only.
you can buy EU PSN codes off Game.co.uk after making an account.

Vashetti

Banned
Does Assassin's Creed III Classic Edition have the PS3 exclusive missions? I'd just assumed it would have but looking at the AC sale that started today, they've got it listed as DLC weighing in at nearly 200MB, which never downloaded with the game.

dat Ubisoft penny pinching

The_Monk

Decided to grab that One Year + 3 Months offer fellow GAFfers.

Also, very curious to what Yearly games we will get on the Vita.

Toki767

I wonder how long it'll take for US and EU PS+ content to differ on the PS4. I'd imagine the first few months will be identical.

Jrmint

If you're gonna have the subscription anyway what's the difference? Also all the great additional services make paying for mp a non factor honestly

Roto13

If you're gonna have the subscription anyway what's the difference? Also all the great additional services make paying for mp a non factor honestly

Because I don't appreciate being strong armed into paying for a service, even if it is a good service. I want to have PS+ because I want it, not because I need it.

Tizoc

And you get to keep all those games ... for free¹!

¹ For large values of free.

;)

$50 a year for 30+ games, bonus points if you managed to resub a year for under $50.
In fact I'm waiting for US PSN to do their 'Buy for $50, get $10 back' offer so I can resub for 2015~
Technically speaking, you're getting a lot for paying the price of 1 PS3 game.

Megatron

Because I don't appreciate being strong armed into paying for a service, even if it is a good service. I want to have PS+ because I want it, not because I need it.

Not only that, but let's face it, what incentive does Sony have to keep giving us the level of content they have been when the multi goes behind a paywall when that's the main reason most people will buy it? I think we'll be pretty disgusted with the PS4 content. Part of that is unavoidable, as they can't give away games right away, but I think even two years in, we'll be comparing it with the stuff we are getting now and be pretty disappointed.

Not only that, but let's face it, what incentive does Sony have to keep giving us the level of content they have been when the multi goes behind a paywall when that's the main reason most people will buy it? I think we'll be pretty disgusted with the PS4 content. Part of that is unavoidable, as they can't give away games right away, but I think even two years in, we'll be comparing it with the stuff we are getting now and be pretty disappointed.
I doubt it...well perhaps some here...but generally, games that have reached there peaked selling will get into the service, especially anything published by Sony, and you will see lots of smaller less expensive titles as well, which is exactly the kind of thing PS+ is known for now--smaller/older good games...

PS3's catalog will only grow as well as Vita's, and I think PS4 will be full of Indy/AA+ games for a while until stuff like launch titles are old not selling anymore.

Can you imagine Infamous SS being free? One day, it will be, it will be a good strategy to get people to buy a PS4.

Number45

If/when the time comes that it feels like I'm paying for the MP rather than the content I'm out. Minority perhaps, but I'm far from alone in that.

Auskeek

So I downloaded stealth inc and there was a 200 something mb file and a 175 mb file. I've installed the first one only and its playing fine on my ps3 was wondering what the second one is for?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Anyone know when the offer for the year+ and 90 days expires? Can I wait a few weeks before picking it up or does it have to be now?

The promotion lasts until 20th September. So, if you purchase a one year membership via PS Store anytime until 20th September, you will receive an additional 90 days.

iratA

The promotion lasts until 20th September. So, if you purchase a one year membership via PS Store anytime until 20th September, you will receive an additional 90 days.

About this... reposting this question from another thread:

Can I buy 1 year and get the bonus 3 months and then buy another year and get a second bonus 3 months, basically ending up with 6 months free?

Tizoc

About this... reposting this question from another thread:

Can I buy 1 year and get the bonus 3 months and then buy another year and get a second bonus 3 months, basically ending up with 6 months free?

You should, since it all stacks up.

iratA

Yeah I thought plus time stacked, I just wasn't sure if I'd get the free/bonus time twice. It seems like a good deal is all.

Realistically, we can't expect the same amount of content on PS4 like we have for PS3 now (though that was different 2 years back as well). Though DriveClub PS+ edition and Resogun are quite nice day-1 titles. I can see them giving away one new PSN title each month and maybe do more PS+ editions, that might "lure" people into buying DLC at least (e.g., KZ PS+ edition or MP only etc.).

I'm keeping my PS3 though. You have to remember that they will also have to appease PS3-only PS+ gamers, so there you will continue to see high amounts of content, maybe even more than now because they can just go all out.
Sure, that's old gen games, but still. Hopefully, later on we will be able to play all those collected PS+ PS3 games via Gaikai for free on PS4...

Also, I'm waiting for the exact services/features that are PS+ exclusive on PS4 and/or benefits for other subscriptions (e.g. Gaikai. Music Unlimited got also more interesting for me, now that you can stream it ingame).

EU and US PS+, isn't that a pain on the Vita since they'd be two different PSN accounts? Or is it better to just buy another Vita for that (help me, I have a sickness)?

BadWolf

Don't have a Vita so nothing for me this month it seems, oh well.

Will try RE to see if its fun with the controller and there's the F2P Dead or Alive 5 to look forward to..

Mogwai

Wow, I just played up to 3-8 Stealth Inc. I'm positively surprised about how good this game is. I guess the difficulty ramps later, but for now it's conveniently balanced.

I love the controls in particular. Feels like what LittleBigPlanet should have aimed for.

A Dangerous Secret? It should be in your download list as a 100kb download.

Top Bottom