• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Massa

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask - but I couldn't find a conclusive answer anywhere on google. Can anyone confirm/deny if Euro/PAL country titles are DLC cross-compatible?

For reference - what I mean is if it's like Asia/R3 - where game-releases will work with DLC bought in any of its PS-stores (Singapore, HK, Korea...) - except Japan of course.
I've found some suggestions that it may work, but there's no official word afaik.

Depends on the game I'm afraid. For example most of the time the South American Region 1 games are compatible with DLC from the US store but there are cases where it's not true (like Fallout New Vegas).

What you want to do is check the code on the spine of the disc. If it's the same between countries then DLC should be compatible.

jvm

Gamasutra.
That recent rare game thread made me think... it would be a great deal if Sony could put Afrika and/or Aquanaut's Holiday up on PSN as part of PS+. We've said before that niche/low-exposure games can find new audiences with PS+, and those games would be perfect.

That said, I'd also pay for them if they were on PSN anyway. *grumble grumble*

That recent rare game thread made me think... it would be a great deal if Sony could put Afrika and/or Aquanaut's Holiday up on PSN as part of PS+. We've said before that niche/low-exposure games can find new audiences with PS+, and those games would be perfect.

Would be awesome. I played both but I wouldn't mind others to try them.

Problem is, they are no show pieces. So they don't attract new people to PS+ and Sony also tries to add only games that performed rather well (they actually advertise that x PS+ games have a metacritic score above y). I can totally see that people would actually complain about such games because they would feel Sony now only gives them shovelware.
I guess they could do it like a one time bonus in addition to the normal stuff. Problem is also that both were not released in Europe / first they have to create a PSN release etc.

I remember the English version of Aquanauts being extremely rare to find nowadays (for cheap).

neos

So, i have 2 ps3's, and ps+ was the best thing for me because i can pass from one to another thanks to cloudsave.
In the last 3 days this 24h save usage limit came up, i can upload a save when i want but i can dowload it only after 24h.
Eu psn+

The fuck is this thing? Sony i am disappointed.
I can't see why they are doing this.

JeTmAn81

Downloaded Ico and GTA yesterday. I took a run at the PS2 version of Ico a long time ago but stalled out at an early point. I'm liking the graphics of this HD version, and it seems like a short game so maybe I'll actually finish it this time.

I have actually played all the way through Liberty City Stories previously, the PS2 version. I don't remember the graphics looking as assy as they do on my Vita. I think I probably won't spend much time with it. It's too outdated. Running around on a PCJ in Liberty City is fun, though. Also, I am way disappointed that Michael Madsen did not return from GTAIII to voice Toni Cipriani.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So, i have 2 ps3's, and ps+ was the best thing for me because i can pass from one to another thanks to cloudsave.
In the last 3 days this 24h save usage limit came up, i can upload a save when i want but i can dowload it only after 24h.
Eu psn+

The fuck is this thing? Sony i am disappointed.
I can't see why they are doing this.
AFAICT, it's a dumb restriction put in place on all copy protected saves in order to minimize people using cloud saves to circumvent game design. As an example of what I'm talking about, take something like Demon's Souls. The game has copy protected saves and auto saves frequently, without the 24hr lockout you could circumvent those design choices at any time by reverting to a previous save state using a cloud save. It's a really annoying restriction and hopefully next gen they throw away copy protected saves completely cause they don't really benefit games and just end up annoying people.

neos

AFAICT, it's a dumb restriction put in place on all copy protected saves in order to minimize people using cloud saves to circumvent game design. As an example of what I'm talking about, take something like Demon's Souls. The game has copy protected saves and auto saves frequently, without the 24hr lockout you could circumvent those design choices at any time by reverting to a previous save state using a cloud save. It's a really annoying restriction and hopefully next gen they throw away copy protected saves completely cause they don't really benefit games and just end up annoying people.

so it's a game-based restriction?i thought it was something they changed in the system in the last few days and applied to all games.
I subbed to+ 3 months ago and never had this problem, maybe it's saints row 3 which i am currently playing.

thank you for the answer

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
so it's a game-based restriction?i thought it was something they changed in the system in the last few days and applied to all games.
I subbed to+ 3 months ago and never had this problem, maybe it's saints row 3 which i am currently playing.

thank you for the answer
Yup, it's a restriction that only applies to games with copy protected saves. Here's a list of the affected titles: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ps...-official-locked-saves-other-info-thread.html

This is most likely a typo, but in the latest email for PS+ members "New updates to Instant Game Collection", the section for Rayman Origins has the price of the PS3 version ($19.99) instead of the Vita version ($26.99), and the link for more information leads to the PS3 version.

B6p3lD8.jpg

I doubt we'll get the PS3 version, but you never know.

This is most likely a typo, but in the latest email for PS+ members "New updates to Instant Game Collection", the section for Rayman Origins has the price of the PS3 version ($19.99) instead of the Vita version ($26.99), and the link for more information leads to the PS3 version.

B6p3lD8.jpg

I doubt we'll get the PS3 version, but you never know.

I thought they were saying it's replacing SR3 when it expires.

I would like to see Rayman Origins on PS+ for PS3 because I've never played a Rayman game and I'd be willing to give it a go for "free."

Melchiah

I have a small question.

I finally managed to free up enough of space to download Uncharted 3, and I just wondered if both of the MP parts are necessary to play the game? They're called Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Experience (3244mb) and Uncharted 3 Multiplayer (4705mb). The former's icon differs from the rest of the game's orange-colored file icons. I'd like to conserve as much space as possible, and install only what's necessary.

EDIT: Nervermind. The 3244mb file was unnecessary.

kartu

Banned
Can I re-download games later if my console, uhm, explodes and I buy a new one?

If I own 2 consoles, can I download it to both of them with a single transcription? (bedroom/living room scenario)

Thanks! (I've read the first post and page and couldn't find the answers, didn't read more pages, sorry if it was already asked/answered)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Can I re-download games later if my console, uhm, explodes and I buy a new one?

If I own 2 consoles, can I download it to both of them with a single transcription? (bedroom/living room scenario)

Thanks! (I've read the first post and page and couldn't find the answers, didn't read more pages, sorry if it was already asked/answered)
1. Yes, you can download free PS+ games as long as your subscription is current. Anything you bought with PS+ discount is still accessible even after your subscription expires. If you resubscribe at a later time, every free item you had added to your account previously will again be accessible.

2. Yes, as long as those are the only two PS3 consoles on your account. You can manage your enabled PS3 systems through the web, even for dead consoles.

3. You're welcome. These questions are, indeed, asked all the time.

Hello GAF. I've had PS plus in the past, and I just redeemed a new 30 day trail that came with my new PS3. I uploaded all my saves, deactivated my account, and started a data transfer to the new PS3. Now, about halfway through I accidentally turned off my new PS3. I ended up formatting both of them and just downloading my profile to the new PS3. From there I activated it and then began downloading everything again. When I went to download all my saves, I could only get 136/142.. Okay, they are copy protected probably. Two days later I try again, but they are still greyed out. What is wrong GAF?

olimpia84

Uncharted 3 size is 40GB does that mean I need 80GB free space on my HDD? (I read something about having twice the size for the install process)

Massa

Uncharted 3 size is 40GB does that mean I need 80GB free space on my HDD? (I read something about having twice the size for the install process)

I don't think you need 80Gb Free because Uncharted 3 is split into three files:

1) multiplayer F2P, which is actually the launcher for the SP. ~4.5GB

2) The actual SP campaign. Around 11GB.

3) The movies for the game in either 2D or 3D. You have to download one, they're about another 11GB each.

Files in 2 and 3 are marked as add-ons.

You should be able to download and install the three files with about 40GB free. Start by downloading and installing the biggest files.

Hello GAF. I've had PS plus in the past, and I just redeemed a new 30 day trail that came with my new PS3. I uploaded all my saves, deactivated my account, and started a data transfer to the new PS3. Now, about halfway through I accidentally turned off my new PS3. I ended up formatting both of them and just downloading my profile to the new PS3. From there I activated it and then began downloading everything again. When I went to download all my saves, I could only get 136/142.. Okay, they are copy protected probably. Two days later I try again, but they are still greyed out. What is wrong GAF?

Are you trying to select them all then copy? Because locked save files can only be copied one-by-one, not all at once.

Melchiah

45-50GB of space was enough for me.

I started the game last night, and I'm really liking the game's story, atmosphere and the sense of adventure, and the fact you can get solutions for puzzles if you want to. What I don't like that much are the gunfights, and the checkpoint system in platforming sections, which throws you back a bit more than it should if you fail. I wonder if I should get the 2nd one as well, as it's generally said to be better than the 3rd.

hurzelein

Germany has a neat "10 Euro back if you purchase 50€ through paypal on PSN" thing going on right now.

Combining it with the 3 for 12 Ps Plus it is:

15 months Plus and 10€ PSN money for just 50€ Euro!
____

Is there some article that lists all titles that a confirmed for being on PS4 PS Plus? I now of Resogun, but there always were some annoucmenets and I lost track it.

BadWolf

I started the game last night, and I'm really liking the game's story, atmosphere and the sense of adventure, and the fact you can get solutions for puzzles if you want to. What I don't like that much are the gunfights, and the checkpoint system in platforming sections, which throws you back a bit more than it should if you fail. I wonder if I should get the 2nd one as well, as it's generally said to be better than the 3rd.

The second one is amazing as well, probably the best adventure game to date.

Melchiah

The second one is amazing as well, probably the best adventure game to date.

Considering it's 16,50€ now, I just may have to get it. =)

On a side note, it would be great if Sony offered KZ3 on PS+ before the PS4 launch, so people who missed it (like me) could play it before Shadow Fall.

Celegus

Considering it's 16,50€ now, I just may have to get it. =)

On a side note, it would be great if Sony offered KZ3 on PS+ before the PS4 launch, so people who missed it (like me) could play it before Shadow Fall.

Trust me... you didn't miss anything. KZ2 was great, but 3 was a disaster on all fronts.

Melchiah

Trust me... you didn't miss anything. KZ2 was great, but 3 was a disaster on all fronts.

It's that bad? I only tried the demo, which didn't seem that special, but some of the material I've seen of the game looks pretty good, namely the jungle and the fight against MAWLR.

Donos

Bought the 12 months of Plus but didn't see any mention of the extra 3 months, is that normal?

If you subscribed yesterday you should get the 90 days since the promotion was good till 20.Sept. .

Btw. got my 10€ credit over PSN for the "buy 50€ PSN funds and get 10€ free" promo.

olimpia84

I don't think you need 80Gb Free because Uncharted 3 is split into three files:

1) multiplayer F2P, which is actually the launcher for the SP. ~4.5GB

2) The actual SP campaign. Around 11GB.

3) The movies for the game in either 2D or 3D. You have to download one, they're about another 11GB each.

Files in 2 and 3 are marked as add-ons.

You should be able to download and install the three files with about 40GB free. Start by downloading and installing the biggest files.

That's good to know. I actually have Uncharted 3 on disc but since I have a phat model the game stops working around chapter 3 (thanks for never fixing this Naughty Dog...). Time to clear some room on my HDD now I guess

So I picked up a new console to replace my YLOD 60GB machine (RIP).

I got the GTA5 super slim bundle. Really liking the devie so far. But my bundle came with 30-day trial of PS+ and I can't seem to redeem the code from the XMB or the store. I'm a current subscriber. Is this for new accounts only or something?

netguy503

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-for-members/?CMP=US_PSNAll_20130923_12261734

Rayman Legends free for PS Vita this week, Limbo discount, a dollar discount off a new game called Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (a DOLLAR discount? Really, why discount something for just a dollar? Has anyone heard of this game- I haven't).

Best Buy is having a sale until 9/30 that if you buy a 3 month card you get an extra month free. That's pretty decent as those cards are $20 and you get more than $20 a month in games no matter what system you are on with this service.

Tizoc

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.john.524596

Rayman Legends free for PS Vita this week, Limbo discount, a dollar discount off a new game called Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (a DOLLAR discount? Really, why discount something for just a dollar? Has anyone heard of this game- I haven't).

Best Buy is having a sale until 9/30 that if you buy a 3 month card you get an extra month free. That's pretty decent as those cards are $20 and you get more than $20 a month in games no matter what system you are on with this service.

Bestbuy no longer send codes via e-mail though...

Rayman Legends for free? Seriously? I'm glad I waited on that.

Top Bottom