• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Tailzo

Just been on acruise round norway for a fortnight,
dunno how you scandinavians afford to eat.

Lovely place, insane prices

2 bottles of coke for me and the wife and 2 kinder eggs for the kids
97 krone

thats roughly a 10er
thats just insane

Went into a gamestop
kingdom hearts was 360 krone
thats about 11 quid more then the new price in the uk.

Are you on mental wages or something.
That's normal for us. I guess we have high wages? Either way, I import from Zavvi.co.uk or buy from PSN. I buy hardware from Elkjøp, komplett, gamestop or other "local" stores though. As we have excellent consumer rights.

Had no idea about that US PSN tip. Thanks!

edit: Seems some ps+ games are up?

Donos

Damn, i just rented GTA V. How i'm supposed to play all of this ... if i only had PS+ back then in my School/Uni time ...

Comandr

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but generally when do we find out what the upcoming month's PS+ lineup is going to be? It seems the UK one is revealed fairly early, but I haven't see anything on the US store yet.

Drek

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but generally when do we find out what the upcoming month's PS+ lineup is going to be? It seems the UK one is revealed fairly early, but I haven't see anything on the US store yet.

First Monday of the new month, with the first free title hitting the next day (Tuesday), if I recall correctly.

Jrmint

First Monday of the new month, with the first free title hitting the next day (Tuesday), if I recall correctly.
I hope they count next Monday even though it's 9/30, it would suck to have to wait until October 7th for the free October games.

Cudder

Will PS3 digital games work on the PS4? I've been purposely missing free PS+ games because I KNOW I won't have time to play them before the PS4 hits. But if the PS4 can download and play PS4 games I might go back and download them and play them on my PS4 in a game drought or something.

Massa

Will PS3 digital games work on the PS4? I've been purposely missing free PS+ games because I KNOW I won't have time to play them before the PS4 hits. But if the PS4 can download and play PS4 games I might go back and download them and play them on my PS4 in a game drought or something.

PS4 can't play PS3 games. It will play them via Gaikai next year but we don't know how that will work yet.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Every game this month (US) was something I already have... hopefully next month is better (for me).

olimpia84

So I finally decided to get a larger HDD for my PS3 (1 TB) so I can go crazy with all the PS+ downloads.
Is there anything I need to know before I replace the HDD? Basically I have to transfer all the game data to an external drive, take the old HDD, put the new one in and transfer everything back into it from the external drive right?
No need to deactivate/activate accounts or anything?

Massa

So I finally decided to get a larger HDD for my PS3 (1 TB) so I can go crazy with all the PS+ downloads.
Is there anything I need to know before I replace the HDD? Basically I have to transfer all the game data to an external drive, take the old HDD, put the new one in and transfer everything back into it from the external drive right?

Nope, it's pretty simple.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362/~/upgrade-the-hard-disk-drive-(hdd)

The only real tip is to have a copy of the current firmware downloaded from Sony's website on a USB disk in case you need it. I'd also recommend deleting as much as you can before doing the back up to an external drive to minimize the time that takes (which can be substantial). Account activations are unaffected. Maybe make sure your saves are all backed up to the cloud for safety as well before starting incase something goes wrong.

Speevy

Banned
I actually found the tennis to be pretty serviceable.

46503d1340350842-custom-engraved-toilet-seat-t219721_fry_i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

olimpia84

The only real tip is to have a copy of the current firmware downloaded from Sony's website on a USB disk in case you need it. I'd also recommend deleting as much as you can before doing the back up to an external drive to minimize the time that takes (which can be substantial). Account activations are unaffected. Maybe make sure your saves are all backed up to the cloud for safety as well before starting incase something goes wrong.

Sweet, thanks for the info.

Celegus

Not too shabby NA! I already have SotC and Hotline Miami on PC (though I'll definitely play it again), but KoA and Sine Mora look pretty cool.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I have SotC (currently playing!) and Hotline Miami already.

But I haven't gotten those others, and I've heard that Kingdoms of Amalur is pretty ok. w00t!

Nokterian

My dear gaf since today i am a owner of a new PS3 Superslim 500gb with GTAV. Before you ask yes i know PS4 is coming in 2 months but since i have EU PS+ and a Vita i want to experience what i have missed since my blind eye did not see the greatness awaits. But i must say i am all ready very pleased. If fellow gaffers want to add me to PSN would be awesome! Nickname is the same as here! :D

bigace33

Nice Lineup for NA in November. First time in a while where I feel PS+ na is on par with Euro's.

Salute to my NA PS+ Brothers.

scoutsalute.jpg

CmdBash

do you think they're ever going to do a re-run of some old games? I've had psn plus for nearly a year and just realised that I somehow missed out on metal gear solid hd collection for the ps vita, despite getting all the games around it. Thinking of getting a vita at the moment, but I'm way too cheap to buy games :)

Card Boy

Banned
I went to download Farcry 3 and noticed the Street Fighter xTekken 12 character pack DLC was in my downloads list.

Is this free because Capcom had a change of heart or free because of SFxTekken Vita? I ask because the character pack appears as a newer download list entry and SFxTekken Vita is like 5 down the list.

If PSN+ cool i guess, because it works with my PS3 copy and i now have every character.

DR2K

Banned
I went to download Farcry 3 and noticed the Street Fighter xTekken 12 character pack DLC was in my downloads list.

Is this free because Capcom had a change of heart or free because of SFxTekken Vita? I ask because the character pack appears as a newer download list entry and SFxTekken Vita is like 5 down the list.

If PSN+ cool i guess, because it works with my PS3 copy and i now have every character.

Vita copy.

Celegus

I've started to play ICO HD, played the game on PS2 many years ago. I fucking love the atmosphere of Team ICO's games.

Just started it today as well, having never played it before. About 90 minutes in and uh... well... not really feeling it so far. A large part of it was probably because the sun was coming through the window and I couldn't see a darn thing on my TV in the castle, but the combat stuff is really tedious and getting the girl to follow you is pretty annoying. Oompa! Oompa! Oompa!

Quick question regarding Street Fighter x Tekken for PSVITA on the Australian PS+, does this include online multiplayer or do I need to buy a pass for this?

Thanks

Just started it today as well, having never played it before. About 90 minutes in and uh... well... not really feeling it so far. A large part of it was probably because the sun was coming through the window and I couldn't see a darn thing on my TV in the castle, but the combat stuff is really tedious and getting the girl to follow you is pretty annoying. Oompa! Oompa! Oompa!
I don't think you'll enjoy the rest of this one.

Celegus

I don't think you'll enjoy the rest of this one.

That's what I was afraid of... I went into it looking forward to finally seeing what the big deal was, and all I've gotten so far is some boring and often frustrating gameplay. Isn't something about the ending supposed to be really cool? I may try to tough it out, but admittedly, it's not really my favorite genre to begin with.

Number45

That's what I was afraid of... I went into it looking forward to finally seeing what the big deal was, and all I've gotten so far is some boring and often frustrating gameplay. Isn't something about the ending supposed to be really cool? I may try to tough it out, but admittedly, it's not really my favorite genre to begin with.
Both of those things are that way for a reason. I don't want to say any more than that, because when you realise it magnifies your enjoyment of the game significantly (or at least it did for me). I started with exactly the same impression of the game as you did - actually putting the game down for several years before trying again.

Shiloa

One thing I would say is, the first time I played ICO I didn't like. If you aren't feeling it, don't fight through it for the sake of the ending. I gave it a second go years later once the HD remake came out and I fell in love but I would've have bothered if I had forced through it first time. Can't explain why.

Zoc

You can skip almost all the combat in Ico. Whenever enemies pop up, it's always in an area with one of those glowing doors. Run over to it with the girl, and all the enemies will die.

Anyway, I like the story in Ico, but 99% of the game's appeal for me is the castle. It's so empty, and is obviously a place nobody has ever lived, but some parts of it are so beautiful. When you walk out of a shadowy place into a sunny one, or look over a railing and see somewhere you've already passed through, far away in the distance, it gives me a feeling unlike any other game.

That said, if you're not feeling it after 90 minutes, it's probably not going to get better for you.

Top Bottom