• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-for-members/?CMP=US_PSNAll_20130923_12261734

Rayman ORIGINS free for PS Vita this week, Limbo discount, a dollar discount off a new game called Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (a DOLLAR discount? Really, why discount something for just a dollar? Has anyone heard of this game- I haven't).

Best Buy is having a sale until 9/30 that if you buy a 3 month card you get an extra month free. That's pretty decent as those cards are $20 and you get more than $20 a month in games no matter what system you are on with this service.

Fixed that for you.

Everyone get Rayman Origins for Vita, it's amazing. And then buy Rayman Legends for even more Rayman awesomeness.

netguy503

Any updates on what the US Store will be offering for weekly deals?

I made a post about it and corrected the link. Please don't quote the unedited post and can I ask anyone that did (two of you) to edit that out as it violates a person's privacy. It's my fault I was multi tabbing and in a rush this morning. Thanks.

So if you sign up for the free Gamer's Club on Best Buy you can get a 3 month for $13 which will come with an additional month. Pretty good deal.

The Vita version was given away to PS+ members in the EU region last June.

It had some big PS+ discounts in the NA region, but never given away for free until tomorrow.

Eusis

Rayman is Vita only then? No PS3 version at all?
Admittedly doesn't affect me, but still sucks for those who want to play on PS3 instead and failed to grab it in the holiday sale. Glad I stuck to just PS3 though, heh.

For whatever it's worth though the same happened Machinarium but in reverse, so it could happen here too where you get Origins PS3 in a few months.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey guys, didn't know where to ask this... but Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy, can anyone check how much it costs in the regular store (not PS+)? I'd love the EU price, but US store price is fine as well :)

Thanks guys!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a lot guys! So it's approx. 250SEK in Sweden, that's a great price considering the retail game is 400SEK (45 Euro) here :/

Footos22

Just been on acruise round norway for a fortnight,
dunno how you scandinavians afford to eat.

Lovely place, insane prices

2 bottles of coke for me and the wife and 2 kinder eggs for the kids
97 krone

thats roughly a 10er
thats just insane

Went into a gamestop
kingdom hearts was 360 krone
thats about 11 quid more then the new price in the uk.

Are you on mental wages or something.

Yoshichan

Yep, you just had a taste of the hell we have to endure with every single day. This is also why importing stuff is so important if you have a hobby in Sweden/Norway/Denmark.

A new game in a gaming store (GAME, Gamestop) is 699 which translates into 81 euro or 110 dollars.

Yeeaaaaah...

Tizoc

Yep, you just had a taste of the hell we have to endure with every single day. This is also why importing stuff is so important if you have a hobby in Sweden/Norway/Denmark.

A new game in a gaming store (GAME, Gamestop) is 699 which translates into 81 euro or 110 dollars.

Yeeaaaaah...

Damn, Yoshichan, unless you prefer playing games in your native language, start getting stuff from UK and/or US PSN as well, nothing's too late!

Yoshichan

Damn, Yoshichan, unless you prefer playing games in your native language, start getting stuff from UK and/or US PSN as well, nothing's too late!
Oh we don't even have native language stuff in Sweden, everything's in English :3.

I stopped buying stuff from US PSN because I thought they made it so that EU credit cards doesn't work on US PSN?

Tizoc

Oh we don't even have native language stuff in Sweden, everything's in English :3.

I stopped buying stuff from US PSN because I thought they made it so that EU credit cards doesn't work on US PSN?

Get US PSN codes from amazon.com then:
Make an amazon.com account, use an american billing address like say Google California's , so you don't get charged extra tax, and everytime you buy a $20 or $50 PSN code, you'll only be charged their adverised price on Amazon.

Yoshichan

Get US PSN codes from amazon.com then:
Make an amazon.com account, use an american billing address like say Google California's , so you don't get charged extra tax, and everytime you buy a $20 or $50 PSN code, you'll only be charged their adverised price on Amazon.
Sounds like a brilliant idea, but I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't ship to EU right? Or am I missing something here <,<?

Yoshichan

It comes up instantly on Amazon after the purchase is complete, it might get e-mailed as well.
All right that's great, thanks!

And what about PS+? If I buy PS+ on Amazon, will it apply to my EU account?

Rixa

Yeeaaaaah...

Uh oh, the difference between currencies. In Finland new games typically are around 65-69euro (in Gamestop or other shops). Tho I myself usually Import games from UK cause the prices come down so quickly (compared to Finnish ones).

Tizoc

All right that's great, thanks!

And what about PS+? If I buy PS+ on Amazon, will it apply to my EU account?

Ah don't! If you buy a Plus code for US PSN, it'll require a US credit card details in your billing address.
Best just buy $50 psn card, get the code sent to your e-mail, redeem the code and buy the 1 year of US Plus from the Store.
Note that each code you buy is 'region restricted': A US PSN cash code will only work with US PSN accounts, whereas UK codes work only with UK accounts, etc.

Yoshichan

Thank you so much for the info!

Tizoc

Thank you so much for the info!

Go Yoshicahn, GOOOOO!
GET THE CODES, REDEEM THE CODES, PLAY THOSE PSX CLASSICS, AND BASK AT THE FEEL OF 60 HZ!!!!

Or actually wait til tomorrow, once US PSN updates, who knows maybe there'll be a 'Buy for $50 get $10 back' offer; 1 year of Plus for $40 will be worth the wait.

Yoshichan

God, I still can't believe that I've bought so much 50Hz shit from my store :( Some games are unplayable... I don't understand how I could play these in the 90s :lol

Fox1304

God, I still can't believe that I've bought so much 50Hz shit from my store :( Some games are unplayable... I don't understand how I could play these in the 90s :lol

I've bought a lot of them too simply thanks to the fact that switching accounts is so hard on the Vita. On my vita are currently Vagrant Story and RE3 ... ouch :(

Tizoc

I've bought a lot of them too simply thanks to the fact that switching accounts is so hard on the Vita. On my vita are currently Vagrant Story and RE3 ... ouch :(

Yowza. Good thing I also considered PSX games when it came to my Vita, thus why I got a US account.

Fox1304

Yowza. Good thing I also considered PSX games when it came to my Vita, thus why I got a US account.

Considered it too ... but had a shit load of PSP, Vita, minis, and PSX games thanks to PS+ and various discounts so ... had to stay that way.
The most important thing is to never compare to 60Hz versions :D

Tizoc

YOSHICHAN!
KAZ HARAI HAS SMILED UPON THEE!
If you haven't bought anything from US PSN, just hold out until Thursday, I'm gonna try and ask a mod if I can make a thread to recommend games for PS3 and Vita owners to get through this October offer.

Tizoc

Has Virtua Tennis ever been on PS+? How is it still $40?!

Well it's been on sale multiple times retail wise in the UK at least, SEGA want to make the most moola out of it if possible lol.
...but I wouldn't be surprised if we got it as our US Plus Vita freebie.

Top Bottom