• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BladeSinner

Neo Member
They haven't announced anything, but I'm expecting the same amount of games spread out over more platforms. It's a good way of promoting both software and hardware.

Makes sense. Thanks again! Either way, ps+ seems like such an amazing deal. I'm kicking myself a little for not picking it and a ps3 up earlier tbh.

I am super stoked to finally try out Shadow of the Colossus. I was super stoked for Kingdoms of Amalur but I didn't find my self much incline to even get through the tutorial. I'll have to give it another shot I suppose

Not sure how many others are in the same position as I am now, but I figured there would be quite a few.

This current Gen I was a day one xbox 360 buyer and stuck with it and pc for the entire Gen. I have yet to buy a ps3, but want to at some point to play everything I have missed.

This coming Gen I plan on getting ps4 on launch day, and also sticking with pc for other games. I also plan on getting a vita tv for remote play to another tv.

In anticipation of this, I have also purchased ps+ about two months ago, so that I can have a nice library of vita games and also so that I will be able to play ps4 multiplayer on day one.

Unfortunately, since getting ps+ and not actually having a current Gen Sony device, I am feeling more and more pressure to pick one up. My question however is this. Should I:

1. Get a ps3 now and a ps4 on launch (already pre-ordered)
2. Get a ps3 when the price drops in the future
3. Get a ps4 on launch and a vita tv on launch, and hope that the free ps+ ps3 games will work with gaikai

Appreciate any help or suggestions, opinions or whatnot you have for me and people in my situation.

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the Sony club soon! Future is looking bright! :)

3 is extremely unlikely in my opinion. It's between 1 and 2. I'd say 2. Wait for it to drop to $99 to $150. In the meantime keep "purchasing" all the PS3 games so you'll have an awesome library by the time you get one.

Jimrpg

Not sure how many others are in the same position as I am now, but I figured there would be quite a few.

This current Gen I was a day one xbox 360 buyer and stuck with it and pc for the entire Gen. I have yet to buy a ps3, but want to at some point to play everything I have missed.

This coming Gen I plan on getting ps4 on launch day, and also sticking with pc for other games. I also plan on getting a vita tv for remote play to another tv.

In anticipation of this, I have also purchased ps+ about two months ago, so that I can have a nice library of vita games and also so that I will be able to play ps4 multiplayer on day one.

Unfortunately, since getting ps+ and not actually having a current Gen Sony device, I am feeling more and more pressure to pick one up. My question however is this. Should I:

3. Get a ps4 on launch and a vita tv on launch, and hope that the free ps+ ps3 games will work with gaikai

Appreciate any help or suggestions, opinions or whatnot you have for me and people in my situation.

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the Sony club soon! Future is looking bright! :)

I would say it depends on the backlog you have and whether you need another console in your life... there's not enough time in the day to play all these consoles really... im struggling with steam, PS3 and Vita as it is... and ive basically put away my Wii and 360.

If you can think of 10 games on the PS3 that you can get not on the 360 then I would get a PS3... otherwise I would just enjoy the few months of downtime now maybe grab GTAV on the 360 and wait for the PS4 coming round very shortly.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

#2.

Get a PS4 at launch and grow your PS3 PS+ backlog. By the time they announce a price drop you should have a hefty number of PS+ PS3 titles waiting for you and you should be done with PS4 launch window titles.

Get a PS4 at launch and grow your PS3 PS+ backlog. By the time they announce a price drop you should have a hefty number of PS+ PS3 titles waiting for you and you should be done with PS4 launch window titles.

this is wat I'm thinking for WiiU though. buy them games first then wait for WiiU bomba

rhinosmitty

Neo Member

I was at GameStop today and the guy behind the counter said they were having a sale this weekend on PS3's for $179. He didn't say what size or if it was a national/regional sale, but maybe check there.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Thanks so much for all the feedback to my lengthy post and question. Right now I am leaning towards getting the ps3 during its next price drop. I'm also trying to decide whether I get a vita oled before they go the way of the dinosaurs, although I'm also committed to getting a vita tv. Ugh, Sony has really roped me in for the long haul it seems! :) I guess Sony knows what it is doing right now.

Also side note, I currently have ps+ na. Is it easy to switch to ps+ eu? I'm guessing it's more hassle than its worth, but everyone seems to say here that eu ps+ is godsend.

Roto13

Remember Me came out in June, so yeah, not terribly long ago. It was also a pretty big bomb so this isn't super surprising.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
MGR is impressive. Good get for them.

I know this has been said to death, and is a bit beating a dead horse, but SCEE has really shamed SCEA. Both in their content, and maybe more significantly, their delivery of it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Us Europeans getting much better games with Plus makes up for our pathetic sales to be fair.

I hear that it was worse for you guys for years... recently decent PS+ may be Sony's penance for wrongs committed.

Idk lol.

B.O.O.M

Good lord those EU freebies are amazing! 0_0 At least the ps3 offerings are much much better than the NA ones. Hopefully they will have a good month next

The_Monk

Sorry if it has been asked before and I missed it fellow GAFfers but wasn't November the month that we were going to get those Yearly release titles for the Vita? I was expecting an update in order to replace Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, etc.

Celegus

Us Europeans getting much better games with Plus makes up for our pathetic sales to be fair.

I'd gladly trade! EU is just godly at this point. If you have a PS3 but not PS+ in Europe, you're doing it wrong. Metal Gear Rising was incredible, enjoy it!

whitehawk

Banned
Remember Me came out in June, so yeah, not terribly long ago. It was also a pretty big bomb so this isn't super surprising.
If I were them, I would have pushed it and released it on the XBox One/PS4 as well. It never seems like a good idea to me to launch a new IP at the end of a console life cycle, especially if it's not an AAA game. Fuse is another good example.

MarionCB

In response to the first comment on the EU blog, Sony says, "From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles."

Has this gone down from 3 new PS3 games a month? (I only finally got ps+ last week). I suppose it'd be to make room for PS4 games.

Joni

In response to the first comment on the EU blog, Sony says, "From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles."

Has this gone down from 3 new PS3 games a month? (I only finally got ps+ last week). I suppose it'd be to make room for PS4 games.

Yes, we got 3 until now.

mclem

If I were them, I would have pushed it and released it on the XBox One/PS4 as well. It never seems like a good idea to me to launch a new IP at the end of a console life cycle, especially if it's not an AAA game. Fuse is another good example.

Well, then again, you've got The Last Of Us. Having a first party publicity machine behind a game makes quite a difference.

Yeah, that seems to be the reason. Good enough for me.

Reule

Man, really wish NA had gotten Remember Me. I wanted to play it but I wasn't sure if it was something I'd want to keep. Maybe eventually we'll get Fuse. Just seems the type of retail game that'd do well there and maybe the co-op can find some life.

Deimo5

How bout that Motorstorm RC? I mean, I still don't have a Vita but getting Apocalypse earlier on was one of my pleasant surprises this year having never played any MS before.
Might have to be convinced to play Remember Me though. Concept sounds nice to me, but the execution was lacking?
Anyway, looking forward to Revengeance the most.

So was thinking of getting PS+ since I'm going to need it when I pick up a PS4 at launch.

Wasn't there some announcement at Gamescom that if you got PS+ but a certain date you got a month or two for free?

When was the cutoff point for that?

Last question; with the instant games collection, are these temporary things available for a month or so or is every game that was ever in the instant games collection always available?

bjaelke

The 3 month for free deal ended on September 20th.
Explanation about game/content ownership:

Free games are full, complete games, with trophies
Your free games won't disappear if your subscription runs out, however you cannot play them anymore. If you subscribe again you get access to ALL your PS+ content!
PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

jcm

So was thinking of getting PS+ since I'm going to need it when I pick up a PS4 at launch.

Wasn't there some announcement at Gamescom that if you got PS+ but a certain date you got a month or two for free?

When was the cutoff point for that?

Last question; with the instant games collection, are these temporary things available for a month or so or is every game that was ever in the instant games collection always available?

US PSN has spend $50 get $10 back, which is effectively the same. The deal runs through Oct 29.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
If I buy a month of Euro PS+ and it runs out, but still have an active US + can I still play the UK games.. or do I need to keep it up to date?

jcm

I may need to switch teams, once my US membership runs out. Eu gets two games I want free, US tries to sell them to me for $20, and gives me poker instead. No me gusta.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys, I'm planning on going to buy the PSN+ card at best buy right now cause it's on sale.

Do I have to use the code on the back immediately after I bought it?

Because I just wanna buy it and wait for the ps4 to come out so I can use it.

I have no need for it right now and I don't wanna enter the code now and waste a month of it.

Does the code on the back ever expire? Or does it have like a redeem period? Like you have to redeem within a month of purchase.

Top Bottom