• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

ThisOne

Back in June or July I signed up for a year of PS+. I just got a card for a free 30 days. If I enter the code does it just tack the extra 30 days onto the year that I already bought?

Joni

Back in June or July I signed up for a year of PS+. I just got a car for a free 30 days. If I enter the code does it just tack the extra 30 days onto the year that I already bought?
In the US: yes.
In Europe: it doesn't do anything on an account that has already has Plus.

red731

Will there be any EU 1yr PS+ discount like it was last year around this time?
I am asking because my sub just ended - should I wait, or there already was discount and I will give them my money?

Joni

I am asking because my sub just ended - should I wait, or there already was discount and I will give them my money?
You just missed a 12 + 3 free promotion.

There was an extra 3 months when you buy 12 offer that ended last week.

Back in June or July I signed up for a year of PS+. I just got a car for a free 30 days. If I enter the code does it just tack the extra 30 days onto the year that I already bought?

what kind of car?
image.php

NHale

The usual yearly discount 12+3 already happened. They often do another promotion in March/April IRC.

That's what I was afraid of... I went into it looking forward to finally seeing what the big deal was, and all I've gotten so far is some boring and often frustrating gameplay. Isn't something about the ending supposed to be really cool? I may try to tough it out, but admittedly, it's not really my favorite genre to begin with.
The puzzles get more interesting later on, but nothing incredibly devilish or intricate on the level of, say, a Zelda dungeon, but it all fits together nicely because it's one big castle. It's mainly the setting, mood and feeling of companionship evoked by guiding and protecting the girl throughout. And yeah, the ending is awesome, but it is in line with mood and feel of the rest of the game. It's not a twist story ending or anything.

There is nothing complex or deep about Ico but for those who like it, it's more than the sum of its parts. Keep in mind, too, that the game appeared more than a decade ago, before digital delivery really allowed for more games with similar goals to come out (Limbo, Fez, etc).

Reule

This may sound stupid but does this sound right? The subscription I had was ending on October 4th (if my memory is correct) and I redeemed a 3 month subscription code today. My membership is now good till January 26th 2014. Seems like I have some extra days in there somehow?

Edit: I'm thinking maybe my original subscription went on a bit longer than I originally thought.

Duster

You know when your PS3 turns itself on to back-up saves and make updates?
Well is that taking longer than normal for anybody else? Or is just a natural consequence of my PS+ library growing larger?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You know when your PS3 turns itself on to back-up saves and make updates?
Well is that taking longer than normal for anybody else? Or is just a natural consequence of my PS+ library growing larger?
No idea, I'm usually asleep when it happens.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I'm not gonna lie, I download everything that PS+ offers every month, even if I don't plan on playing it immediately. Why? Cause its FREE. Lol

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but.. If I prepurchase NBA2K14 on PSN and I'm subscribed to PS+ will it preload or download when it comes out?

I want the $10 credit but it takes forever usually for me to download a whole retail game so I may just go with the disc version.

hohoXD123

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but.. If I prepurchase NBA2K14 on PSN and I'm subscribed to PS+ will it preload or download when it comes out?

I want the $10 credit but it takes forever usually for me to download a whole retail game so I may just go with the disc version.

Think with pre-orders you can download the game closer to the release date but you'll be unable to play it until the release date, so there's no need to download on the day.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Celegus said:
That's what I was afraid of...
Two things about combat.
a) Most combat areas especially early on will have a bunch of small spider-enemies. They don't do anything, and die in one hit. But they will grow into full sized enemy when left ignored, which is where some tedious complains originate from - you will easily spend 3-4x longer on a fight if you ignore the spiders.
b) like others mentioned you can avoid most fights by using Yorda's door ability (I think you're explicitly forced to fight only around 3-4 times in the whole game)

As for Yorda, your relationship with her is a big part of the game. So if you hate her, well I guess you aren't really meant to rescue her anyway ;)

Celegus

Two things about combat.
a) Most combat areas especially early on will have a bunch of small spider-enemies. They don't do anything, and die in one hit. But they will grow into full sized enemy when left ignored, which is where some tedious complains originate from - you will easily spend 3-4x longer on a fight if you ignore the spiders.
b) like others mentioned you can avoid most fights by using Yorda's door ability (I think you're explicitly forced to fight only around 3-4 times in the whole game)

As for Yorda, your relationship with her is a big part of the game. So if you hate her, well I guess you aren't really meant to rescue her anyway ;)

That does help to know. I fought the little buggers for at least 5 minutes in one room before I realized it was an infinite spawn. Mashing the square button and getting knocked down in horribly slow animations just kills any immersion I might get out of the world, so maybe running through the monster areas would help.

jcm

That does help to know. I fought the little buggers for at least 5 minutes in one room before I realized it was an infinite spawn. Mashing the square button and getting knocked down in horribly slow animations just kills any immersion I might get out of the world, so maybe running through the monster areas would help.

Keep in mind you're a little boy with a stick. Don't play like you're Kratos.

Reule

Not sure why I just had an e-mail sent stating my PS+ has expired and wants me to renew when I just did that two days ago. Anyone ever get that?

zeopower6

Emails can be spoofed

I've also NEVER received a PS Plus Expiry email

It's a really recent email.

2OMFsVy.jpg

Checked some older emails and they all direct to the same places... playstationemail.com is the redirect or w/e for any/all links from the PSEmail account.

I got that email. My PS+ is actually expired.

People on GAF can be so paranoid sometimes.

Well, when I got that email this morning for my account with a PS+ subscription through 12/26/2015, I got a little paranoid and a little upset. But it did get me to sign in this morning and update to system firmware 4.50 to make sure my sub was intact.

Wow, really enjoying Kingdoms of Amalur so far. I'm not sure if I should put my skill points more into finesse or magic though. Definitely primarily going with warrior(or strength, whatever it's called) but not sure on secondary.

SaSliXCII

Banned
Does anyone think they'll do another Music Unlimited offer for PS Plus members this Christmas as they did last year? I've been using the service, the music selection is solid, but my God, it's so typical of Sony for the software to be absolute shit.

Minions

Wow I just came to look up if anyone else got a PS+ expiration email. I pretty much freaked out since my PS+ is valid till nearly the end of 2016. Glad I was not the only one. They sorta changed the PS+ design too... When you click free games it shows a bunch of banners.... which you have to go to nearly the end to click the instant game collection for ALL the free games. Also all the pages have "Become a member" etc.... so I was kinda freaked out.

Also why does it seem that the PS3 store + Vita Store + Website don't sync up? I go to the vita store and some games say they are not purchased/downloaded for PS+, PS3 says they are, and website says they are not. If I try to download them from the website it gives me a "You do not have permission" error because I already have purchased it (for free) on the PS3 store. Weird. Hopefully they work all these bugs out by PS4 release.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Top Bottom