• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PlayStation Plus: The Manga

Can anyone ID what PS+ function each character represents?
I want to say the ghost is cloud storage and robot is automatic updates.
Straight from my ass:

• The little boy is a PS+ Trial included with every new PSV, PS4, and Vita TV. Or he's full games Trials.
  • The old lady is the PS Store discounts.
  • The arrow is Automatic Updates.
  • The robot is cloud storage.
  • The ghost is your personal game saves.
  • The space vixen is the free games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Here's a 30 day Euro trial code:

4amO5Gi.png

Not sure where to ask this, but is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction worth it?

Haven't played any of the PS3 R&C yet (besides A4O) and it's kind of cheap here. Should I get it or should I go for one of the newer ones?

Tizoc

Not sure where to ask this, but is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction worth it?

Haven't played any of the PS3 R&C yet (besides A4O) and it's kind of cheap here. Should I get it or should I go for one of the newer ones?

ToD is pretty good, and one of the best R&C games, def. get it at the price it's going for.

Celegus

Wow, Kingdoms of Amalur is really blowing me away. This has gotta be one of my favorite Plus freebies ever. I'm really having a tough time deciding what kind of character I want, because all three styles are quite fun - and I very rarely enjoy anything other than tank/warrior classes. Anyone else just try this out for the first time?

Wow, Kingdoms of Amalur is really blowing me away. This has gotta be one of my favorite Plus freebies ever. I'm really having a tough time deciding what kind of character I want, because all three styles are quite fun - and I very rarely enjoy anything other than tank/warrior classes. Anyone else just try this out for the first time?

My buddies and I picked it up last week. All three of us have been blown away. It's not a AAA game but its got unexpected depth to it. You can tell what it's influences were but there's just enough that's different that it stands out on its own. Too bad we'll never get a sequel :/

I love finding gems on PS+ that I'd never have tried otherwise, Saints Row 3 being the last one before KoA. Would've bitten on SR4 already if I wasn't saving for a PS4.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Yeah been trying it too. Posted in the OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461383

reKon

Banned
Question:

Is it common for any of you to purchase a game that's discounted even though you've gotten it as a free game from the PS+ subscription so you can own it?

For tomorrow:

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

RNIL4nV.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/07/playstation-plus-shadow-of-the-colossus-free-for-members/

Does anyone know if the PSone classics Crash (1 or 2) or Crash Team Racing are able to be played on the Vita (yet)? I'd buy Crash Team Racing again in a heart beat (for 2.99) if I can play it on my Vita. (Or will they work via the whole PS3/Vita transfer trick?)

Also, is the original Metal Gear Solid PSOne classic still unable to be played on the Vita? Seems a real shame if that is the case...

Redhood

To all those buying spyro and crash games and playing the waiting game for them to be playable on the vita, Its not gonna happen anytime soon. The don't even work with PS3 -> vita route.

MGS is playable on vita if u copy from ps3.

To all those buying spyro and crash games and playing the waiting game for them to be playable on the vita, Its not gonna happen anytime soon. The don't even work with PS3 -> vita route.

MGS is playable on vita if u copy from ps3.

Bummer... Would love to get Crash Team Racing on the go. Well, thanks for the heads up barrymatharoo. I didn't know MGS worked via that method. **Goes off to transfer via PS3->Vita**

Tizoc

I'd go with Crash 2.

Yup Crash 1 will be very dated for some newcomers plus 100%ing is a pain in the ass. It DID however, push the Playstation 1 to its limits!
Crash 2 is great still though, good difficulty and some neat secret stuff.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
^^Crash 2 is of course what I would recommend to a newcomer, but to be honest I prefer the original. 2 is tighter and objectively better but the original has a charm and atmosphere that's just not as prevalent in 2 or 3, not to mention the original is the hardest (although 100%ing the second one is even tougher). All 3 are absolutely fantastic though.

Anyways, looks like I'm jumping on the PS Plus bandwagon. Gonna start my subscription today. mite b cool

Yup Crash 1 will be very dated for some newcomers plus 100%ing is a pain in the ass. It DID however, push the Playstation 1 to its limits!
Crash 2 is great still though, good difficulty and some neat secret stuff.
It's just bullshit that those games aren't playable on Vita. There is no legit answer Sony or Activision can give for this, in my mind.

Related question for Playstaion experts here: Are all PSP games from PSN playable on Vita?

Jabba

Banned
Just bought a year to the UK Ps+

Dual PS+ citizenship now lol

I need to do this also. Between PS plus NA and Steam,hopefully EU plus, I'll die before running out of games to play.

Diab3 and TLOU also this month, along with BF4 and Beyond Two Souls. Very busy month.

olimpia84

I'm trying to add funds to my SEN wallet to take advantage of that spend 50 get $10 back but I get a message saying that my credit card info is not valid...it seems to be somewhat of a common issue (per google). Did anybody have this problem before and how do you fix it?

I'm trying to add funds to my SEN wallet to take advantage of that spend 50 get $10 back but I get a message saying that my credit card info is not valid...it seems to be somewhat of a common issue (per google). Did anybody have this problem before and how do you fix it?

I read elsewhere that just putting the street name in the first line and house number in the second line would get it recognized.

Also, try putting in the address without any punctuation.

Tizoc

Just bought a year to the UK Ps+

Dual PS+ citizenship now lol

Man I was Dual citizenship before it was cool XP

In this week's Plus update blog post there was mention of Hotline Miami, so either it's gonna be a Plus freebie next month, or it's getting a sale later this month.

IMBored

Just got a mail detailing that PS+ subscriptions will now be counted as calender months instead of days (ie 3 months instead of 90 days). Looks like they're making some changes in time for the PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
which is better to get Crash 1 or 2.... haven't played them for so long and I really want to play them again (got only 5.00 left in my account for now)

People here will say Crash 2 because they're pansies who can't handle a little bit of challenge.(Just kidding. Have to put this part in their before someone takes the pansies part seriously). Crash 1 is more challenging and arguably more engaging. Crash 2 is a more....chillaxing game. It has almost zero challenge but it's very fun throughout and has more varied stage gimmick stages. They're both good. Just depends on what kind of challenge you want to get out of it. But I will say Crash 2 has the superior save system.

Joni

SCEE is apparantly launching a 'Indie of the Week' promotion tomorrow. Pool Nation 60% off, another 10% for Plus users.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Not sure how many others are in the same position as I am now, but I figured there would be quite a few.

This current Gen I was a day one xbox 360 buyer and stuck with it and pc for the entire Gen. I have yet to buy a ps3, but want to at some point to play everything I have missed.

This coming Gen I plan on getting ps4 on launch day, and also sticking with pc for other games. I also plan on getting a vita tv for remote play to another tv.

In anticipation of this, I have also purchased ps+ about two months ago, so that I can have a nice library of vita games and also so that I will be able to play ps4 multiplayer on day one.

Unfortunately, since getting ps+ and not actually having a current Gen Sony device, I am feeling more and more pressure to pick one up. My question however is this. Should I:

1. Get a ps3 now and a ps4 on launch (already pre-ordered)
2. Get a ps3 when the price drops in the future
3. Get a ps4 on launch and a vita tv on launch, and hope that the free ps+ ps3 games will work with gaikai

Appreciate any help or suggestions, opinions or whatnot you have for me and people in my situation.

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the Sony club soon! Future is looking bright! :)

Joni

Is that the only game going for that offer tomorrow?
Considering the name of the promotion, I'm presuming it will be the only one with new ones every week. I only heard about it from the PR team behind Pool Nation so I don't have further details.

Number45

I wouldn't rely on Gaikai, personally, until we know a lot more about it. I'm not sure we're expecting a PS3 price drop but I guess it's feasible any time after the launch of the PS4.

It all depends on how much time and money you have. There are plenty of good PS3 exclusives you could play while you wait for the PS4 to get a larger library. I'm excited for several of the PS4 launch games, but I'm also expecting a post-launch drought as with any other new system. Gaikai is an interesting technology, but I doubt they will add the entire PS3 catalog. Getting the disc versions is the safer choice.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
It all depends on how much time and money you have. There are plenty of good PS3 exclusives you could play while you wait for the PS4 to get a larger library. I'm excited for several of the PS4 launch games, but I'm also expecting a post-launch drought as with any other new system. Gaikai is an interesting technology, but I doubt they will add the entire PS3 catalog. Getting the disc versions is the safer choice.

This makes sense. I guess my decision will probably really boil down to when exactly I get the ps3.

Do we know yet if/when ps+ will stop giving free ps3 games and move to ps4 and vita exclusively? My guess would be 1 to 2 years from now if ever.

Also do we know if Sony plans on giving away more free games per month when the ps4 comes out, or will it be the same amount, and ps4 games will simply take up some of the presently ps3 and vita free game slots?

Thanks! :)

They haven't announced anything, but I'm expecting the same amount of games spread out over more platforms. It's a good way of promoting both software and hardware.

Top Bottom