• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Stars goes offline during Sony’s Days of Play event

jm89

While subscribers currently cannot access any PlayStation Stars campaigns due to a critical error affecting Sony's loyalty scheme, that doesn't mean PS Stars has just disappeared entirely. According to PlayStation Support, your PlayStation Stars points will continue to track while the service is offline in June 2024. That means you can continue racking up points for purchases on the PS Store at the very least.
At the time of writing, PlayStation Stars is still missing in June 2024 after an error behind the scenes took the loyalty scheme offline entirely. This had PlayStation Stars subscribers worried that the points they might receive for purchasing games from the PS Store might not be counted once the service inevitably comes back online.

ps-stars-points.jpg

Well, you can worry no longer — we have confirmation from Sony's support team that your PlayStation Stars points will continue to grow even while the service remains unavailable. A helpful individual on Reddit shared a screenshot of their conversation with PlayStation Support confirming that points would remain accurate after the service came back online (see the screengrab above).

Last edited:

jm89

FYI you can request your personal data from sony from your account page, and when they send that over it shows all the points that you've received for purchases.

I pre ordered astro bot whilst stars was down and the points have been tracked according to the data they hold on me.

Last edited:

Skifi28

FYI you can request your personal data from sony from your account page, and when they send that over it shows all the points that you've received for purchases.

I pre ordered astro bot whilst stars was down and the points have been tracked according to the data they hold on me.
That's nice and all, but they need to bother fixing the app at some point too so you can actually use your points. It's been nearly a month.

SkylineRKR

Stars proved to be worth it for me, by naturally purchasing and using the console I could shave off 25 off SFVI last year. And another 20 of some game last winter.

Got an email today that this was back and working everywhere and can confirm it is (for me at least, and I live in the US).

Also don't remember how many points I had before it went offline, but I'm only like 100 away from a $20 gift card. I know it wasnt that close, so it had to count some of not all of your points while it was away.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Isa

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Got an email today that this was back and working everywhere and can confirm it is (for me at least, and I live in the US).

Also don't remember how many points I had before it went offline, but I'm only like 100 away from a $20 gift card. I know it wasnt that close, so it had to count some of not all of your points while it was away.

PSA : the points value is evenly divided between 5, 10 or 20 Eurodollars, meaning, there's no need to wait as tò reach a certain sum to redeem a 20$/€ gift card.
1250 points net you a 5 Eurodollars gift card meaning, if you're shy of - say - 100-150 points as to redeem the 2500 point 10 Eurodollars gift card, you can just spend the 1250 for a 5 one and then, after you gain another 100-150 via the program and reach 1250 points again, you can redeem those for another 5 Eurodollars card...

I know this reads obvious to the point of being stupid/idiotic but, apparently, there's people that don't know how the points rewards work and/or that you don't need to stack them as to be able to redeem.them.

Isa

Thanks for the update! Took me a few sign-ins to get it to work but it did. I assume it was tracking things because I too went from only a couple hundred points to 9400 :lollipop_fearful:

Just glad its back up and working.

PSA : the points value is evenly divided between 5, 10 or 20 Eurodollars, meaning, there's no need to wait as tò reach a certain sum to redeem a 20$/€ gift card.
1250 points net you a 5 Eurodollars gift card meaning, if you're shy of - say - 100-150 points as to redeem the 2500 point 10 Eurodollars gift card, you can just spend the 1250 for a 5 one and then, after you gain another 100-150 via the program and reach 1250 points again, you can redeem those for another 5 Eurodollars card...

I know this reads obvious to the point of being stupid/idiotic but, apparently, there's people that don't know how the points rewards work and/or that you don't need to stack them as to be able to redeem.them.
I did know that but thanks. I only have redeemed once at $20 and will probably continue to do that. Usually for an indie game that released at $20 or just for some money off a bigger purchase. What I did find out today though, is that there are also full games you can buy. Believe I saw rise of the Ronin and Stellar blade. Not sure if the point add up to a fair amount compared to the gift cards (was too lazy to do the math, just saw the games and exited out). But still interesting nonetheless

dotnotbot

Not sure if the point add up to a fair amount compared to the gift cards (was too lazy to do the math, just saw the games and exited out). But still interesting nonetheless

I don't see any games available to buy with points for me right now but I remember I did the math earlier and buying stuff with points straight away didn't make any sense, like you were overpaying a lot this way.

Edit: Apparently this might not be the case with every game or currency, Canadians in the comments seem to be happy with conversion rates

Last edited:
I don't see any games available to buy with points for me right now but I remember I did the math earlier and buying stuff with points straight away didn't make any sense, like you were overpaying a lot this way.

Edit: Apparently this might not be the case with every game or currency, Canadians in the comments seem to be happy with conversion rates

Because of this you got my lazy ass to look it up lol. At least for the U.S, its basically just looks like a regular conversation. They also had rise of the Ronin for 17,500 and helldivers 2 for 10,000.
HjjuFik.png

Since my total isn't enough I can't check, but I wonder if it charges you the tax 🤔. If not, could save yourself a few bucks but doubtful that will be the case.

Top Bottom