• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/03/08

Skilletor

GQman2121 said:
I don't understand what the appeal is for publishers to release demos on Qore. Don't demo's exist for the sole purpose of having as many people as possible get a small taste of what's to come?

Betas are one thing, but this strategy makes very little sense to me.

So download it in two weeks.

Why is everybody acting like this demo won't be released for everybody?

I think the problem with Qore, which we will hear bitching about for weeks to come, is that the PSN service launched under the impression that everything was open and free except for the downloadable games and DLC. And it pretty much has been up until last month. Now, all of the sudden, there is promotional content that used to be free and is now pay to watch (or in the case of demos, pay to play or wait).

Now, there's nothing wrong with this, and I don't begrudge Sony trying to make a little money off the loyal diehards with something like this. But I can also understand the negative reactions from some people. It's very unpopular to make people pay for things that they have been getting for free (see XBL), or for another example, it's very unpopular to take something away from a group of people who had it freely before (see: Prohibition). There is bound to be a lot of bitching until the idea that PSN is now a kind of two-tier service sets in.

My advice is to just let people post their bitch and get it out of their system. Arguing with them constantly in some vain attempt to defend Sony just draws out the drama and negativity in the thread.

Speevy

Banned
I think the bigger problem with Qore is that they're basically saying "Here's NO content, now we need some of it back."

Skilletor said:

people wanted it now and free.

Probably the same people that wanted the 60gb system for less :lol

i'll pay sony 3 dollars today just for them to do it again next month :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:
Its fucking ridiculous that we have to pay for INFORMATION on games. I want that SH5 video, but it'll probably be like a 5 minute video I'll watch once, ever.

how long were the videos in the previous episode of Qore?

I'll give you a summary if you ask nicely.
Indifferent2.gif

Wipeout HD......in 2 weeks. I think my pants just exploded....

Now fill me in on how Qore works. I have the first episode, and I remember the file size being huge. Now do I have to downloaded a whole new one, or does it update the old one. BTW I got the annual subscription.

kuYuri

Skilletor said:

I don't think he actually cares about the Naruto demo. He's just stating his opinion on the matter.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I think the problem with Qore, which we will hear bitching about for weeks to come, is that the PSN service launched under the impression that everything was open and free except for the downloadable games and DLC. And it pretty much has been up until last month. Now, all of the sudden, there is promotional content that used to be free and is now pay to watch (or in the case of demos, pay to play or wait).

Now, there's nothing wrong with this, and I don't begrudge Sony trying to make a little money off the loyal diehards with something like this. But I can also understand the negative reactions from some people. It's very unpopular to make people pay for things that they have been getting for free (see XBL), or for another example, it's very unpopular to take something away from a group of people who had it freely before (see: Prohibition). There is bound to be a lot of bitching until the idea that PSN is now a kind of two-tier service sets in.

My advice is to just let people post their bitch and get it out of their system. Arguing with them constantly in some vain attempt to defend Sony just draws out the drama and negativity in the thread.

People need to stop being a bunch of johnny dramas.
Indifferent2.gif

Im not going to get Quore, but if it actually brings demos of good games early (not saying Naruto is good, yet), then that is a new addition to psn... I wish psn would get earlier dibs on some of the bigger games....

GQman2121 said:
I don't understand what the appeal is for publishers to release demos on Qore. Don't demo's exist for the sole purpose of having as many people as possible get a small taste of what's to come?

Betas are one thing, but this strategy makes very little sense to me.
Same reason why some websites get exclusive betas and such. There's something in it for the publishers/developers.

Dr. Zoidberg said:

Qore is a product of PSN, just like any PSN game is. It's a virtual magazine. There's no reason why it should be free.

GQman2121

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
I don't think he actually cares about the Naruto demo. He's just stating his opinion on the matter.

Correct.

I guess it does make sense that Sony pays for these demos, but honestly, if you have a quality title that you believe in, shouldn't you just put it out there and let the sales of the final game do all your talking?

Money is money I suppose.

Okay, forget me telling you why Qore sucks. You tell me why it doesn't. Explain to me what this does for you that makes it worth paying for.

BobJustBob said:
Okay, forget me telling you why Qore sucks. You tell me why it doesn't. Explain to me what this does for you that makes it worth paying for.
Why would other opinions matter in your decision? You think it sucks, then don't buy it, simple as that.

But you thinking it's not worth it doesn't mean it should be free.

Goldrusher

It happens.

In the early days, they would've been updated 2 hours ago. For the last few months, usually an hour ago.

BobJustBob said:

HD heavily bias video coverage of games, early demos, special downloads, and access to Beta.

Ask anyone who pays money to Fileplanet, or IGN, or Gamespot.

BobJustBob said:
For me? Nothing.

I just had money to blow so I did. lmao

Kittonwy

Banned
Linkzg said:
HD heavily bias video coverage of games, early demos, special downloads, and access to Beta.

Ask anyone who pays money to Fileplanet, or IGN, or Gamespot.

I don't get why Qore is so bad.
Indifferent2.gif

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Metalmurphy said:
Same reason why some websites get exclusive betas and such. There's something in it for the publishers/developers.

Qore is a product of PSN, just like any PSN game is. It's a virtual magazine. There's no reason why it should be free.

This!

I still want the Demos to come out Asap just to Normal PSN after they enjoy a week or something after it's exclusivity.

Kittonwy said:
I don't get why Qore is so bad.
Indifferent2.gif

It isn't. I subscribe annually because I want those videos, beta and early demos. I feel better paying for it a lot more than I did for IGN Insider, which I don't anymore, or Gamespot, which I don't anymore, or Fileplanet...I never sunk that low.

It is totally optional. Most things that will be on Qore can get gotten into by some other method, Qore is just easier and quicker. The video content is heavily bias, but it isn't like you don't expect that. The Inside Xbox thing the 360 has is also the same way.

Owzers

It's because outside of the Qore stuff that seems interesting, this psn update sucks. Most psn updates suck. That's why people are upset.

Why do people think the demos on Qore would have been up around this time if Qore didn't exist? Didn't we already find out that Sony holds back content to spread it out last year when we got a bunch of demos weeks after the XBL demos? This is like Sony saying "Hey we are releasing this in 2 weeks to spread out content but you can pay for it now"

Tiduz

Eurogaime
g35twinturbo said:
:lol same here!

did anyone get Novastrike if so how is it?

HARD, but itll get an update in august, better aiming
bigger ship
trophy's
and more i think

And i know youre becoming a trophy whore, so get it naow.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
SuperSonic1305 said:
Why do people think the demos on Qore would have been up around this time if Qore didn't exist? Didn't we already find out that Sony holds back content to spread it out last year when we got a bunch of demos weeks after the XBL demos? This is like Sony saying "Hey we are releasing this in 2 weeks to spread out content but you can pay for it now"

THEN DONT BUY IT
People are repeating the same point over and over, were not retarded you know.

bryehn

Linkzg said:
It is totally optional. Most things that will be on Qore can get gotten into by some other method, Qore is just easier and quicker. The video content is heavily bias, but it isn't like you don't expect that. The Inside Xbox thing the 360 has is also the same way.

sillymonkey321 said:
It's because outside of the Qore stuff that seems interesting, this psn update sucks. Most psn updates suck. That's why people are upset.

Nice. A perfect summarry of both arguments in consecutive posts.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
There hasn't been an official announcement in regards to this week's content yet. Usually, they would've given an announcement hours ago with the actual update going up hours later. I wonder if we'll even get the update tonight.

HUELEN10

Since this is a PSN thread, I will make this quick since I am new to this. I am a US Citizen on a US PS3 with a US PSN account. I have made a UK account. What do I have to do in order to buy a game from the UK account, but play it on my PS3 with my regular profile? It is a bit confusing, and I want to do it right the first time. Also, how do I make a JPN account? I might wanna buy something from there, but I do not know japanese so I don't know how I would pay for my purchase.

kuYuri

Laguna X said:
There hasn't been an official announcement in regards to this week's content yet. Usually, they would've given an announcement hours ago with the actual update going up hours later. I wonder if we'll even get the update tonight.

They are posting the stuff later than normal. It happens. Sony has never set a time in which they update, we just always assume it's around 5PM EST since that's when it usually happened.

They only drop the ball when they don't get it out today, but the next day, which has happened a few times.

HUELEN10 said:
Since this is a PSN thread, I will make this quick since I am new to this. I am a US Citizen on a US PS3 with a US PSN account. I have made a UK account. What do I have to do in order to buy a game from the UK account, but play it on my PS3 with my regular profile? It is a bit confusing, and I want to do it right the first time. Also, how do I make a JPN account? I might wanna buy something from there, but I do not know japanese so I don't know how I would pay for my purchase.

You should read the OP in this thread. It's very helpful, comprehensive, and has your answer.

http://www.japanesepsn.com/

I saved you the trouble of clicking several links to get to the instructions. :D

Pimpwerx

BobJustBob said:
Qore is Qomplete Qrap, make no mistake about it. Ep1 was forgettable, were it not for the SOCOM beta I'm still waiting for. However, there's a time for crying and a time for getting on with shit, and I'm not expecting Qore to go away. I bitched as much as anyone when Qore was first announced, and held out a week before buying in. I'm getting ep2 today, and if ep3 has anything I need too, I'll just go with a sub next month. The money isn't worth crying over anymore. Buy the months you want and just keep hoping they change this ridiculous policy.

On second thought, I think I'll wait to subscribe. I'll wait for them to offer a good free game with it, b/c I already own CAC. PEACE.

jmd494

HUELEN10 said:
To BUY UK/Japanese games...you need a UK/Japanese credit card.

Sorry

(or u can get a UK/Japanese person to put points on your account).

However, if you download any game other than GT5:p or Warhawk, it will play on any of your accounts.

Speevy

Banned
you cannot add currency to a euro account unless you have actual European currency. entropay and sites like it will not work in the US.

HUELEN10

Justin Dailey said:

Sorry

However, if you download any game other than GT5:p or Warhawk, it will play on any of your accounts.
So I would need a UK points card, that sucks. I guess there goes my chance at getting Rayman. Thanks anyways.

Speevy

Banned
Justin Dailey said:

Sorry

that is untrue. a jp psn ticket can be purchased from ncsx and other sources

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Tiduz said:
HARD, but itll get an update in august, better aiming
bigger ship
trophy's
and more i think

And i know youre becoming a trophy whore, so get it naow.

just because I've been playing SSD alot more then I have does not mean I am a trophy whore....:D

sssshhh your not suppose to say anything!

Top Bottom