• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/10/09 – FIFA 10 Demo (EU)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wipeout theme huh? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Tntnnbltn

TTP said:
Have to say Mike Kebby is pretty awesome guy. When you see a comments section with more than 20 replies in it, you know Mike was there.
I would say that the EU PS Blog has been the single most positive PR thing SCEE has done all year. I had my doubts before it launched, but I easily visit it more often than the US Blog now because of the feedback and communication we get from people like Mike.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tntnnbltn said:
I would say that the EU PS Blog has been the single most positive PR thing SCEE has done all year. I had my doubts before it launched, but I easily visit it more often than the US Blog now because of the feedback and communication we get from people like Mike.

Yep. And oddly enough, the USA one hasn't bothered with posting the 3.00 Q&A yet.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
agm2502 said:
The Wipeout theme is gonna have to be pretty special to make me change from the Zebra's

...except that the Afrika theme can't be used unless you lower the brightness considerably (the XMB text is pretty much impossible to read at default brightness), which makes it look worse. I don't get why the theme designers don't take these things into consideration.

Oh well, I hope that the WOHD theme doesn't have this problem. A dynamic WOHD theme has such great potential, I hope they haven't ruined it. Getting it for free is awesome! I'll possibly get the Motorstorm theme as well, but it will have to be very nice for me to pay that amount for it (that goes for any theme - they're just useless backgrounds after all, and I'd never ever buy a regular Premium theme). I'll wait for videos of it.

I'll also be downloading the Katamari demo, I'm kind of excited about that game.

No_Style

TTP said:
Yep. And oddly enough, the USA one hasn't bothered with posting the 3.00 Q&A yet.

I had no idea they were looking into those changes. Awesome news. I should add their Twitter account.

edgefusion

Themes are now up. Not sure about the rest.

Wipeout HD theme is COOL AS HELL! :D
It's the Triakis vehicle from Fury in some kind of test chamber doing all sorts of crazy weird stuff.

RoadHazard said:
...except that the Afrika theme can't be used unless you lower the brightness considerably (the XMB text is pretty much impossible to read at default brightness), which makes it look worse. I don't get why the theme designers don't take these things into consideration.

Actually I don't quite get the problem with the Afrika theme, I've seen way brighter backgrounds on my PS3. I can read the selected text pretty good on standard brightness because the clouds are actually more gray than white (shadows) and are moving.
Might depend other settings, too? e.g. high background light, Full RGB, contrast etc. (I know most HDTVs have strange standard settings because they want them to look very bright and vibrant)

Blablurn

edgefusion said:
Themes are now up. Not sure about the rest.

Wipeout HD theme is COOL AS HELL! :D
It's the Triakis vehicle from Fury in some kind of test chamber doing all sorts of crazy weird stuff.

where?!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
While I still really want the Fury background type theme, this Wipeout theme is all kind of crazy awesome.

Dragnet

Stuff is all up if you use the search. Wipeout theme is kind of a let down..gets boring quick and visually it's nothing to the real game..

Jostifer

WipEout theme is awesome! (use search)

Haha, when it gets shot at, shooting down the walls and then every part opening... crazy sex.

TTP said:
Content is UP. Use the Search function!

I always thought when people said that they meant the A-Z section, then I saw the magnifying glass for the first time just now.

Mind Blown, Fifa 10 and Wipeout theme downloading.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The WOHD theme is pretty cool! The background is black, so no problem reading the text. I was hoping for a little more action (like seeing an actual race in the background), but I guess that would use too much memory.

Dragnet said:
Wipeout theme is kind of a let down..gets boring quick and visually it's nothing to the real game..

I agree :/

Afrika is still better, if only for the setting (though it has no matching icons/popups like the WO one)

But it's free and moving so I'm still happy ^^

Dragnet

Really disappointed with this theme, looks like it's using the same engine as Home or something, awful lighting and aliasing. Shoddy 2D sprites when the vehicle is firing and being hit too. But it's free, can't complain! Anyone downloaded the Motorstorm one yet?

Haunted

Free themes, now that I like. :D

speedpop said:
So how many dynamic themes are there in all?
4, I think? 2 free (Afrika, WipeOut), 2 to pay for (LBP, PJM).

At least the last time I checked.

Didn't someone on the US Playstation Blog say literally last week we would get a blog post a few days early detailing what would be coming to the store that week?

Well, it looks like one week later they are not doing what they said they would. I swore someone said we would get a blog post on like Monday or Tuesday telling us what was coming Thursday. Then, they gave us the warning about how things could change and the list may change before Thursday roles around.

Am I wrong? Maybe it was the Euro Blog!

Blablurn

Dragnet said:
Really disappointed with this theme, looks like it's using the same engine as Home or something, awful lighting and aliasing. Shoddy 2D sprites when the vehicle is firing and being hit too. But it's free, can't complain! Anyone downloaded the Motorstorm one yet?

i agree. i expected something like a view from aboce on a course with some moving vehicles.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Haunted said:
4, I think? 2 free (Afrika, WipeOut), 2 to pay for (LBP, PJM).

At least the last time I checked.
Cheers. I'll have to grab them and check them out sometime soon.

The WipEout theme is actually pretty cool - showing the ship going through testing and such.

It'd be nice if it had more than just Triakis, though... like cycling between ships every time you return to the XMB or something.

But yeah... Fury Menu Dynamic Theme please, Liverpool!

-viper-

Banned
Revolutionary said:
The WipEout theme is actually pretty cool - showing the ship going through testing and such.

It'd be nice if it had more than just Triakis, though... like cycling between ships every time you return to the XMB or something.

But yeah... Fury Menu Dynamic Theme please, Liverpool!
That would be awesome. Really disappointed with this free theme though. It's kinda crap.

panda21

menu would of been better, maybe they cant do the effects for it though. the effects when its getting shot are pretty ugly.

motorstorm?

h3ro

I like the Icons for the WO theme, using them for my Euro account. :D

I'd love a theme using the WO menu style though, Original or Fury. The menus in that game have a phenomenal aesthetic.

Sin

chubigans said:
Yeah, now that I'm watching the WO theme it is kinda repetative. What's the motorstorm one about?

Its just a buggy in a garage and a guy circling around it occasionally looking inside as if he is fixing something.

Lighting is very poor, also could use some heavy AA and mip-mapping.

careksims

edgefusion said:
So did they change their minds about the Katamari demo or something? No sign of it.

Yeah I noticed it's not there either. The Wipeout isn't too bad, but I wanted them racing on the track :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dynamic themes really need sound.
And the option to keep the original XMB icons (the Wipeout Fury theme ones are ugly) on top of them.

Speevy

Banned
TTP said:

You don't want sound on something you have to stare at constantly.

As a matter of fact, I would argue that the more elaborate and animated the theme is, the worse it is. Crazy themes will get annoying QUICKLY.

careksims

TTP said:
And the option to keep the original XMB icons (the Wipeout Fury theme ones are ugly) on top of them.

I agree about needing sound because if they;re going to do nature ones, it better have sound!

Top Bottom