• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaniel

Neo Member
So I'm after a little reassurance here.

From the center of the PS Camera, I have about 3.5 feet on the left (then a wall) and significantly more on the right.

I also have from camera position to back wall of room about 9 feet. My couch is up against back wall.

I'm checking I won't have any problems here?
No obstructions, the only thing I have is a chair far off on the right.

Man think mines won't be here till Monday now, had to change my CC and apply some Amazon credit, pushed the shipping date a little.

All good, I'm mostly getting VR for my family and friends who aren't gamers.

DavidDesu

Thanks, good advice. I'll do this. I have a friend with eyes like a hammerhead shark. So I was a bit worried about going cross-eyed when I take the headset back.

Haha yeah I was tying to beat around the bush, but yeah for people with really close or really far apart eyes this setting could transform the experience for them. Also what I think 'some' disappointing hands on accounts of PSVR might be related to.

wapplew

L1A5sZc.jpg

Super salty, at least we get 25USD PSN credit for compensation.

DavidDesu

L1A5sZc.jpg

Super salty, at least we get 25USD PSN credit for compensation.

Interesting... for those who know about distribution etc does this mean anything? Some Malaysian PSVR units sacrificed to send off to a different market? I'm completely just guessing. Had there been any crazy weather or lost shipments to otherwise explain this. Seems late in the day to inform you right before launch.

Mossybrew

Sooo my amazon order just disappeared. It was showing on the open orders preparing to ship yesterday, now it's not there and not under orders placed either. Weird.

wapplew

Interesting... for those who know about distribution etc does this mean anything? Some Malaysian PSVR units sacrificed to send off to a different market? I'm completely just guessing. Had there been any crazy weather or lost shipments to otherwise explain this. Seems late in the day to inform you right before launch.

Sony rep said stock withheld at local custom, just usual Malaysia snail pace process aka please pay to speed thing up.

Gemeanie

I think it might be the stock was held at the custom. Edit:↑Welp
They confirmed on Facebook people in Indonesia, Philippine and Singapore are getting it tomorrow but now I can finally see now why Playstation SEA has been really quiet about PS VR these 2 weeks until today. In fact Sony Singapore told us just 2 days ago the headset will be ready on 10/14 before changing it back to 10/13 today.

It's not uncommon Playstation SEA waits until last minute to make such announcement too. I'm in Singapore and back when I preordered Bloodborne I was only informed upon collection the preorder bonus envelope knife was held by the custom

Kyolux

Nice OT Sangetsu-II!! Thanks for the props.

If people missed it, there's a spreadsheet in the OP for the online games.

Sooo my amazon order just disappeared. It was showing on the open orders preparing to ship yesterday, now it's not there and not under orders placed either. Weird.

Look into orders made into 2016. March was more than 6 months ago. So it doesn't show up as orders placed within the last 6 months. Also it's no longer open if it it shipped.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
does anyone know if 3d blu-rays work in cinematic mode in 3d?

I remember my hmz-t1 being awesome at this.

goonergaz

But what if she say oh thats a good idea, would be rather screwed there!

Already laid the foundation - she knows how hard I tried (and lucky I got) to get that machine, I told her about the Pro back when the rumours started and I said "I guess I'll have to sell my LE" and she was 'don't be silly, you can't do that' - so fingers crossed se's not had a change of heart!

Anyway, I've been saving up over the last few months and the game card is already loaded up :)

Kyolux

does anyone know if 3d blu-rays work in cinematic mode in 3d?

I remember my hmz-t1 being awesome at this.

It doesn't support 3D in cinematic mode. It's just a 2D screen unfortunately.

I'm sure there'll be an app for it down the line.

Mossybrew

Nice OT Sangetsu-II!! Thanks for the props.

If people missed it, there's a spreadsheet in the OP for the online games.

Look into orders made into 2016. March was more than 6 months ago. So it doesn't show up as orders placed within the last 6 months. Also it's no longer open if it it shipped.

Ah, yep, forgot how long ago I ordered this thing, thanks.

Been on the fence for this until the last minute, even canceled my pre-order because I wasn't sure.
Ordered it again earlier today and just recieved a shipping confirmation. should be here between 18:00 and 20:00 tomorrow.

Really looking forward to playing Rez in VR. I loved that game on the ps2.
Battlezone looks really interesting to me as well.

-Digits-

I'm watching a guy streaming the VR demo disc and it's so cool hearing his reactions. He just jumped when he saw his own body in EVE Valkyrie. Can't wait to get mine.

Matush

Mine just shipped, should be here by tomorrow :) Already have couple of games lined up for review and since I'm the only one from our website who is actually buying VR, it's going to be a busy week.

Well I am pretty sure that GAME have fucked up my preorder, they haven't taken my money or anything. I won't be getting it anytime soon I guess.

I say I guess because their phone lines, website and online chat are absolutely rammed so I can't speak to anyone, and I think I'm not alone.

Glad they sent me a reassuring email in June telling me that I'd receive it on launch day :D

I'm super deflated now as I was psyched for PSVR

Cheers GAME.

I'm watching a guy streaming the VR demo disc and it's so cool hearing his reactions. He just jumped when he saw his own body in EVE Valkyrie. Can't wait to get mine.

Eve is the best first demo just for that first moment alone. Unreal when you see that cockpit and body for the first time.

KodaRuss

I am so torn on getting this or not. I think I am going to wait a little bit but I really do want the thing. I am already getting a PS Pro so dropping another 400 on this just seems crazy as well as looking at getting a new 4k TV.

Oni Jazar

Been on the fence for this until the last minute, even canceled my pre-order because I wasn't sure.
Ordered it again earlier today and just recieved a shipping confirmation. should be here between 18:00 and 20:00 tomorrow.

Really looking forward to playing Rez in VR. I loved that game on the ps2.
Battlezone looks really interesting to me as well.

How the heck did you cancel and re-preorder?

Downhome

I completely forgot I ordered the launch bundle from Best Buy and got an email just now letting me know that they shipped it today. I don't know what to do now. I can't use it since you have to update the PS4, so blah.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

It doesn't support 3D in cinematic mode. It's just a 2D screen unfortunately.

I'm sure there'll be an app for it down the line.

:'(

I completely forgot I ordered the launch bundle from Best Buy and got an email just now letting me know that they shipped it today. I don't know what to do now. I can't use it since you have to update the PS4, so blah.
You can't update your ps4?

Good news. My original delivery was pushed back to Monday of next week due to an issue with payment [cancelled credit card]. I updated the payment info last night after I realized I had a cancelled card on file and right the delivery and shipping date was pushed back. I was kinda bummed and my kids were disappointed. I tried calling last night and the rep tried to help but was unable to make any changes in the system.

I contacted Amazon again today through chat and as of right now it's shipping out today with a guaranteed delivery of tomorrow night with no additional charge. Amazon wins the nice guy award for the day. :]

I am so torn on getting this or not. I think I am going to wait a little bit but I really do want the thing. I am already getting a PS Pro so dropping another 400 on this just seems crazy as well as looking at getting a new 4k TV.
for me I'm doing 2 things to lessen the blow.

1) getting VR from Amazon after i did trade ins and using some points from CC

2) getting PSPro from Best Buy and using my PayPal credit and any points I have.

My CC needs to be paid in full every month, but PayPal lets you pay for most things in 6 months no interest if they are over a certain amount.

I would wait for the 4K sets to refresh this coming spring as well to jump in. The best sets now will be much cheaper in less than a year probably.

AdanVC

I was looking forward to this thing but Sony gave us the middle finger in Latin America and who knows when they will launch it here. Sigh. Looking forward to read impressions in here!

Downhome

:'(

You can't update your ps4?

Well, I guess, but don't you need to completely replace the harddrive or something?

I haven't kept up with this at all since preorders first came out. I was under the impression that you either needed a completely new system or you had to totally replace the current drive.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Did they update the media player app to work with spherical 3D videos, or do we have to download one of those, now numerous, special apps that let you watch such videos? Btw, I've read that VRideo VR is the best of the available apps, as it's the only one that actually supports 3D spherical videos. Within and Littlestar are only offering 2D spherical content.

SilentFlyer

Just picked up mine from one of Sony World outlet in jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Been told that approx 2000 units in total are received for Saudi Arabia and they won't get more until after 4 months.

Kyolux

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Well, I guess, but don't you need to completely replace the harddrive or something?

I haven't kept up with this at all since preorders first came out. I was under the impression that you either needed a completely new system or you had to totally replace the current drive.
What are you talking about lol.

Same here, except I kind of lucked out and a friend is letting me borrow his ps4 for some time because his house is getting renovated and he doesn't play his PS4 at all these days.

Nice! My buddy begged me to come over tomorrow after I get my headset to play all day, so I'll have some time with it before Pro. It's going to be an awful month-long wait looking at my headset every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom