• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

For superhot, do you use the PS4 controller or move controller? How's it play on regular PS4? I'm looking for a new psvr game.

Also, any info on when and where the aim co triller will be available again? I want to get farpoint but I guess it's better with the aim controller?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its uses motion controller. You wouldnt want to use a gamepad in this game.

majik13

For superhot, do you use the PS4 controller or move controller? How's it play on regular PS4? I'm looking for a new psvr game.

Also, any info on when and where the aim co triller will be available again? I want to get farpoint but I guess it's better with the aim controller?

I think there is a regular version of superhot that uses DS4, its a different version and purachase of the game. SUPER HOT VR is Moves only. And I cant imagine Ever wanting to play this in flat 2D with a standard controller.

And yeah only play Farpoint with the AIM. And no idea when they restock.

Its uses motion controller. You wouldnt want to use a gamepad in this game.
I think there is a regular version of superhot that uses DS4, its a different version and purachase of the game. SUPER HOT VR is Moves only. And I cant imagine Ever wanting to play this in flat 2D with a standard controller.

And yeah only play Farpoint with the AIM. And no idea when they restock.

Thanks guys. Luckily I have the motion controls, I guess ima try this out tonight.

Played a bit of Superhot saturday morning, what an incredible experience. Really glad I setup the mic stand in back of the tv, I had no problems moving around my living room dodging bullets and throwing bottles.

Joystick

New game: Light Tracer

Solve puzzles and battle bosses to aid a tower-climbing princess in PS VR’s Light Tracer, out September

Light Tracer combines platform-style movement with clever puzzles — and a unique style of game control.

Light Tracer lets you play as a mysterious, godlike entity who can wield a magical Light Staff in one hand while you use the other hand to interact with the game world.

So with one hand you’ll guide the princess up this giant tower and with the other you spin the world to get a better view (more on this in a bit) and interact with game objects to flip switches, move items, etc.

https://youtu.be/qwQh01exxOI

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...rincess-in-ps-vrs-light-tracer-out-september/

Kyolux

Played a bit of Superhot saturday morning, what an incredible experience. Really glad I setup the mic stand in back of the tv, I had no problems moving around my living room dodging bullets and throwing bottles.

What stand do you use? Think it might be time for me to get one of those.

Actually looks fun.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Have any of you guys tried using darbee with psvr? It would greatly help the iq on those blurry vr games.

darbeecompare.jpg

darbee-lizards.jpg

No way this is real!

mckmas8808

What mic stand did you buy?

Joystick

Bigmoon Entertainment Reveal New IP Erased At Gamescom

Newly-announced upcoming title Erased uses a similar style to Syndrome and will also be available on VR platforms. Erased follows the story of a military research team who head to a city in Russia that was destroyed by ‘The Tsar’ the largest thermonuclear bomb ever created. The team discover that the survivors have created a new civilisation living underground. After having no contact with the outside world for decades, the underground city has descended into a horror of mutated cannibals, power-mad dictators and brainwashed soldiers.

Bigmoon Entertainment are planning for Erased to be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, with VR compatibility planned to be available for PlayStation VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The release is anticipated for Q1 of 2019.

https://playfront.de/erased-neue-ip-bigmoon/

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/bigmoon-entertainment-reveal-new-ip-erased-at-gamescom/

dmix90

Can I convince any euro players to jump on sports bar, picked it up but as I expected it's basically dead heh
Devs promised a big update with crossplay support. Don't think they announced exact date but i think something is happening around Gamescom.
8-Ball is amazing already and they teased Snooker.

jluedtke

Saw a Tweet today from Wario64 that GameStop had the Farpoint bundle in stock. I was able to get an order confirmation, so hopefully I get it!

I'm not European but I'll jump on with you at random hours over here (my PSN is same as GAF name).

Hey thanks will give you a add when I next go on

I think my internet must have been spotty first time I tried - managed to get into some games after so it's not as dead as I worried! Really fun little game

Can I convince any euro players to jump on sports bar, picked it up but as I expected it's basically dead heh

Problem with VR games online is that as its still bit of a hassle to play, i wont be waiting in an empty lobby for someone else to possibly join. Rather spend the time in the headset playing.

Hey VR Devs! Make sure your online game is seamless jump in style instead of staring at a text field "waiting for players" :D

So I just picked up the Farpoint bundle.

I'm definitely loving being on this alien world with these bugs coming for me, but I'm having problems with the aim controller drifting to the left as I play. I was basically resetting the tracking before every creature encounter.

Haven't had this problem with the headset or moves before. Is there a cause for this? I've read before that people sit the headset on a flat surface for calibration. Anything like that for the aim?

MattAces

I'm definitely loving being on this alien world with these bugs coming for me, but I'm having problems with the aim controller drifting to the left as I play. I was basically resetting the tracking before every creature encounter.

Haven't had this problem with the headset or moves before. Is there a cause for this? I've read before that people sit the headset on a flat surface for calibration. Anything like that for the aim?

Try putting the Aim on a flat surface too. I didn't have that problem in Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine at all, but had a minor drifting in Brookhaven. Fixed that with the flat surface trick.

Usually giving the gun a shake realigns the tracking for me, same with the moves if they misbehave.

mckmas8808

Just got my shipment confirmation from GameStop. Sweet!

Just bought the FarPoint bundle! I didn't have the money to really spare, but you never know when this thing will be available again. It might not be until Black Friday lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the Farpoint bundle at Gamestop! Surprised they were still in stock. Just ordered one and cancelled my backordered one from Newegg.

So my Dad managed to pick up a headset on the cheap via ebay, which turned up today, though camera is arriving separately. He's gotten Farpoint as his first game for it, and I was wondering what other titles are generally regarded as, well, both good showcases for the technology and good in general. Preferably things that don't require motion control, as there's no plans to pick up a playstation move set unless it proves really restrictive on the games list, or prevents playing a must-have titles.

Jetman

Thanks for the heads up on the Farpoint bundle at Gamestop! Surprised they were still in stock. Just ordered one and cancelled my backordered one from Newegg.

Goddamn, must have missed this by a few hours. There isn't even an existing link for this on GS's site at the moment.

MattAces

So my Dad managed to pick up a headset on the cheap via ebay, which turned up today, though camera is arriving separately. He's gotten Farpoint as his first game for it, and I was wondering what other titles are generally regarded as, well, both good showcases for the technology and good in general. Preferably things that don't require motion control, as there's no plans to pick up a playstation move set unless it proves really restrictive on the games list, or prevents playing a must-have titles.

Let's begin with PlayStation Move before jumping into games. PSMove is A BIG MUST. More important than Aim controller if you ask me. If you are looking for a definitive VR experience, you will need it. I would say there's maybe 80% games that uses Move with some being mandatory/optional. But even for the optional ones, you are going to want the Move experience. Arizona Sunshine, Raw Data, Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Doom VFR, Skyrim, Batman, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Dino Frontier, Job Simulator and I can go on forever. You will be very limited by the amount of great games you can play for now picking up a PSMove.

As for games, since you don't have a PSMove now, you can start with COD Jackal Assault, if you have Battlefront try that too. Statik is a fantastic puzzle game, try the demo. RE7 and Farpoint are easily the best games on PSVR but not really a great idea to start with them, you will have a terrible motion sickness if you aren't used to it. Just try to start with static shooter stuff like Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, VR Invaders, VR World, Job Simulator, Superhot VR, Rush of Blood and every free stuff, although all of the games stated will require a PSMove, or better with PSMove.

i honestly think moves are a must. Batman Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and especially Superhot are great fun with them. it adds to the immersion quite a lot being able to control two hands separately.

i found used PS3 moves for like 18 euros, surprisingly they still seem to hold a charge pretty well.

Let's begin with PlayStation Move before jumping into games. PSMove is A BIG MUST. More important than Aim controller if you ask me. If you are looking for a definitive VR experience, you will need it. I would say there's maybe 80% games that uses Move with some being mandatory/optional. But even for the optional ones, you are going to want the Move experience. Arizona Sunshine, Raw Data, Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Doom VFR, Skyrim, Batman, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Dino Frontier, Job Simulator and I can go on forever. You will be very limited by the amount of great games you can play for now picking up a PSMove.

As for games, since you don't have a PSMove now, you can start with COD Jackal Assault, if you have Battlefront try that too. Statik is a fantastic puzzle game, try the demo. RE7 and Farpoint are easily the best games on PSVR but not really a great idea to start with them, you will have a terrible motion sickness if you aren't used to it. Just try to start with static shooter stuff like Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, VR Invaders, VR World, Job Simulator, Superhot VR, Rush of Blood and every free stuff, although all of the games stated will require a PSMove, or better with PSMove.

i honestly think moves are a must. Batman Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and especially Superhot are great fun with them. it adds to the immersion quite a lot being able to control two hands separately.

i found used PS3 moves for like 18 euros, surprisingly they still seem to hold a charge pretty well.

Those are some pretty definitive answers, thanks!

Top Bottom